|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

5-wood = ~250 yds

It's 50F in Wilmington Delaware so I went out and played (tried to get some excercise)... team up with a guy in the 40s who has a new set of Cobra SZ and new Driver/ Wơods (RED SHAFTS)... He used his 5-wơod at the Ts most of the time and he can smoke ~250 yds... Shììttt I felt cheated smoking 220 yds with my driver...

Only if his short game is better ....

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    It's 50F in Wilmington Delaware so I went out and played (tried to get some excercise)... team up with a guy in the 40s who has a new set of Cobra SZ and new Driver/ Wơods (RED SHAFTS)... He used his 5-wơod at the Ts most of the time and he can smoke ~250 yds... Shììttt I felt cheated smoking 220 yds with my driver...

Only if his short game is better ....
    The short game is my saving grace. I feel your shortknocker pain my brutha....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Im 30 and usually have that honour but today i had a young pup all of 70 kg if that 17 yo take me down driver 3 wood and 5 wood smashed me

Thats nothin'....

A couple months ago I teed off on our #1 tee, 393 par 4, which is protected in the front by a pond.....and ball came up to the fringe (about 370 yard drive) with only my 3 wood.

I attribute that drive to pure skill, a swing that was flawless....where a vision of such a swing brings tears to the eyes of accomplished players....If David Feherty were a witness to that swing, he would have dedicated an article about it.

Oh, did I mention the ball carried maybe 240 yards, landed on the frozen (like concrete) fairway, then bounced another 130 yards which INCLUDED rolling over the top of the frozen pond?

Shiiiiiiit... I am almost 60, so he has 70-yd advatage over me with a 5-wood because at best I could smoke 180 yds with my 5-wood, maybe I should buy a new Cobra 5-wood... hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    Thats nothin'....

A couple months ago I teed off on our #1 tee, 393 par 4, which is protected in the front by a pond.....and ball came up to the fringe (about 370 yard drive) with only my 3 wood.

I attribute that drive to pure skill, a swing that was flawless....where a vision of such a swing brings tears to the eyes of accomplished players....If David Feherty were a witness to that swing, he would have dedicated an article about it.

Oh, did I mention the ball carried maybe 240 yards, landed on the frozen (like concrete) fairway, then bounced another 130 yards which INCLUDED rolling over the top of the frozen pond?
    LOL - nice shot mate!

I'm impressed that you were even out in those conditions.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    Thats nothin'....

Must be bloody cold where you are. You truely sound like an all weather golfer

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Shiiiiiiit... I am almost 60, so he has 70-yd advatage over me with a 5-wood because at best I could smoke 180 yds with my 5-wood, maybe I should buy a new Cobra 5-wood... hahahaha
    What you need is to get a whippy shaft...

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    What you need is to get a whippy shaft...
    gotta love that shaft... hahaha

Thread Information