|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: What will FD need to shoot to be worthy of his claims?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65. Higher than that there's shame.

6 25.00%
  • 68. Higher than that there's humiliation.

3 12.50%
  • 70. Higher than that there's embarassment.

2 8.33%
  • 72. Higher than that there's fraud.

13 54.17%

The FD Come to Jesus Poll

He's the self-proclaimed best ball striker ever. If he shows against Shoes, what will he need to shoot to be considered worthy of his claims? Based on my perspective, it's a 65. Failure to break 70 would be totally unacceptable.

I'll do the poll based on what he should have to shoot to back up his claims, and then if you post mention what would be unacceptable.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    He's the self-proclaimed best ball striker ever. If he shows against Shoes, what will he need to shoot to be considered worthy of his claims? Based on my perspective, it's a 65. Failure to break 70 would be totally unacceptable.

I'll do the poll based on what he should have to shoot to back up his claims, and then if you post mention what would be unacceptable.

Actually, since I'm the self-proclaimed best ball striker ever it stands to reason that the evaluation should be based on my ball striking. Sometimes people like the original poster need some guidance. Not everyone has the quick intellect that I do.

I concur that final score is not indicative of ballstriking. I believe FD will have to beat the averages in both GIR and fairways from the reigning GR ballstriking legend, Larryrsf. It has been well documented that Larry hits 90% GIR and 99% of the fairways. 99% of amateurs will back up this stat.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I concur that final score is not indicative of ballstriking. I believe FD will have to beat the averages in both GIR and fairways from the reigning GR ballstriking legend, Larryrsf. It has been well documented that Larry hits 90% GIR and 99% of the fairways. 99% of amateurs will back up this stat.
    I would say that a great ballstriking round would be 85% of fairways hit (12 out of 14) and 83% GIR.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I would say that a great ballstriking round would be 85% of fairways hit (12 out of 14) and 83% GIR.
    And Larry would call you a hacker. 99% fairways, 90% greens. That is the benchmark of excellence. If you start calling yourself the second best ballstriker on the planet, I will allow your pathetic numbers.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I get the point about ballstriking, but there is correlation. Account for FD being a moderate spaz around the greens and then opine.

HB - Sounds like you'll need to check with Larry on this.
    GR lives...

Actually, since I'm the self-proclaimed best ball striker ever it stands to reason that the evaluation should be based on my ball striking. Sometimes people like the original poster need some guidance. Not everyone has the quick intellect that I do.

The only measure we'll have is score. Welcome to the real world.

But don't let me get in the way of your massive backpeddling. It would be simpler if you just posted your complete confession.
    GR lives...

And Larry would call you a hacker. 99% fairways, 90% greens. That is the benchmark of excellence. If you start calling yourself the second best ballstriker on the planet, I will allow your pathetic numbers.
    I can't believe Lairee would bring up numbers like that. The pros aren't all doing that so what makes him think we will believe he is????
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

How can you hit 99% of fairways? You would have to play a course with 100 par 4's and 5's and miss one.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I get the point about ballstriking, but there is correlation. Account for FD being a moderate spaz around the greens and then opine.

HB - Sounds like you'll need to check with Larry on this.
    Two of Larry's high school classmates (Hogan and Varden) also believed that the short game was overrated and that putting should only count as half a stroke.
    When FD starts talking about dropping bombs from anywhere on the green or his surgical chipping technique, I'll hold him to a score. At worst he should be shooting no worse than 75. Even if he 3 putts everything outside of 10 feet, the second best ballstriker on the planet will have 4 or 5 kick in birdies.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    How can you hit 99% of fairways? You would have to play a course with 100 par 4's and 5's and miss one.
    It's what Larry averages. More often than not, he hits 100% of the fairways. You do not want to be around Larry when he misses a fairway. If you think he is a hateful bigot on GR, you don't want to hear him in person. My god, it's not their fault they were born in Mexico.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Two of Larry's high school classmates (Hogan and Varden) also believed that the short game was overrated and that putting should only count as half a stroke.
    When FD starts talking about dropping bombs from anywhere on the green or his surgical chipping technique, I'll hold him to a score. At worst he should be shooting no worse than 75. Even if he 3 putts everything outside of 10 feet, the second best ballstriker on the planet will have 4 or 5 kick in birdies.
    Dave Pelz would agree with you HB (ZO will like this one). Pelz believes 80% of a golfers handicap is determined by how well he plays from 100 yrds and in. The best ball striker he ever recorded was Lee Trevino. Trevino only missed his target by an average of 5% ....So if Trevino was hitting a 150yrd approach he could expect to be putting from an average of 22.5'. The worst ballstriker Pelz recorded on tour only missed by 9%, and could expect to be putting from 40'. Statistically, a tour player will 2 putt a 20' putt almost the exact same amount he will two putt from 40'.

I would also argue that its possible to be good in all phases of the game and still shoot poorly if you lack course management....Even if FD only misses his target by 5%, but shoots at sucker pins and goes for ill-advised forced carries he could still blow up from time to time like Micktits.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Dave Pelz would agree with you HB (ZO will like this one). Pelz believes 80% of a golfers handicap is determined by how well he plays from 100 yrds and in. The best ball striker he ever recorded was Lee Trevino. Trevino only missed his target by an average of 5% ....So if Trevino was hitting a 150yrd approach he could expect to be putting from an average of 22.5'. The worst ballstriker Pelz recorded on tour only missed by 9%, and could expect to be putting from 40'. Statistically, a tour player will 2 putt a 20' putt almost the exact same amount he will two putt from 40'.

I would also argue that its possible to be good in all phases of the game and still shoot poorly if you lack course management....Even if FD only misses his target by 5%, but shoots at sucker pins and goes for ill-advised forced carries he could still blow up from time to time like Micktits.
    Now I don't know what to think. Using GR logic, we've got two guys, one always right, the other always wrong, saying the exact same thing. This ballstriking exhibition match (noshuz v. FD) will decide a big issue on GR: if Larry is always right and Pelz is always wrong, who holds more weight when they both agree? It's like the chicken-egg thing, or Jesus v. Santa.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

That was the only info of any value in Pelz' book.

FD made his own bed. You continuously blow about how great your are, you don't shoot over par.

It's not like I'm suggesting he be at Kim Jong Il's level. Although if FD doesn't blow up and shoot over par (choke or a fraud), that should be his next match.
    GR lives...

I think making the cut-off line at 65 was very generous on your part!

Hell, FD claims that the PGA level is not challenging for him...so I would have raised the bar a bit.

But I will go with anything over 65 would be a laugh...as would be anything worse than one missed fairway, one missed GIR and any 3 putt.

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    I think making the cut-off line at 65 was very generous on your part!

Hell, FD claims that the PGA level is not challenging for him...so I would have raised the bar a bit.

But I will go with anything over 65 would be a laugh...as would be anything worse than one missed fairway, one missed GIR and any 3 putt.
    You two girls should get yourself a room.

You two girls should get yourself a room.
    Typical, instead of stepping up to the plate and accepting the fact it's time to put up or shut up, you decide to insult others.

You're not going to show up, are you?

1 of two things are very likely to be going on... 1: FD is playing his other username (who is he playing i forget anyways... noshuz maybe??) or 2: FD will not show at the course...

i will make a prediction that if he does he will be a hack and no where near even scratch... also i want to see a video of sorts that documents the whole thing kinda like Dave was doing at one point... and if FD is as good as he says he is i would like to extend him a challenge... come over to NC and play me if you beat whoever youre playing....

I thought Larry only hit 99% of the fairways 99% of the time. Not sure how many fairways he hits the other 1%. I'm getting confused.

P.S. TP, It seems Pelz and Larry have at least one thing in common. They both base their arguments around guys who played the game in the middle of last century. I wonder who would win ALL the money if Hogan, Trevino, Irwin and Pavin all played in the same event?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

The Official Larryrsf GIR & Fairways Hit Stats

Sorry to nitpick guys but I think that FD is the only guy that we expect to exaggerate the facts. So here are Larryrsf's Official Stats. Not quite the 99% stated above but still mighty impressive. A direct quote from GR's greatest ballstriker himself:

"I am working on improving my GIR percentage, currently at 93.7%, and also my fairways hit which is at 90.1%. That's how I dropped my handicap from 7.5 to 4.3." - Larryrsf.

Then again, this was several months ago prior to Larry discovering the latest 'Secret' of the golf swing. Maybe by now he IS hitting 99% of Fairways & GIR?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Sounds like Larry is one of the guys who is really gonna hurt with the new groove rules, as it seems he hit's 2.6% of his 93.7% of GIR from off the fairway. I don't even know how you could neasure that.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Sorry to nitpick guys but I think that FD is the only guy that we expect to exaggerate the facts. So here are Larryrsf's Official Stats. Not quite the 99% stated above but still mighty impressive. A direct quote from GR's greatest ballstriker himself:

"I am working on improving my GIR percentage, currently at 93.7%, and also my fairways hit which is at 90.1%. That's how I dropped my handicap from 7.5 to 4.3." - Larryrsf.

Then again, this was several months ago prior to Larry discovering the latest 'Secret' of the golf swing. Maybe by now he IS hitting 99% of Fairways & GIR?
    We've seen his swing. If one's drives max out at 120 yds., it might be hard not to hit a fairway.

The other thing is, I thought we established that Larry's definition of GIR is a little different than most. To him it's getting to a green eventually. Apparently he's passing out or walking off the course 6.3% of the time.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    1 of two things are very likely to be going on... 1: FD is playing his other username (who is he playing i forget anyways... noshuz maybe??) or 2: FD will not show at the course...

i will make a prediction that if he does he will be a hack and no where near even scratch... also i want to see a video of sorts that documents the whole thing kinda like Dave was doing at one point... and if FD is as good as he says he is i would like to extend him a challenge... come over to NC and play me if you beat whoever youre playing....
    Great post, Ping. I suspect you won't be needing to entertain him in North Carolina. You anywhere near Greensboro? I'll be there in June and it might be kind of fun to tee it up together.
    GR lives...

Ping are you near tabacco row
    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

[QUOTE=pingman360]1 of two things are very likely to be going on... 1: FD is playing his other username (who is he playing i forget anyways... noshuz maybe??) or 2: FD will not show at the course...

i will make a prediction that if he does he will be a hack and no where near even scratch... also i want to see a video of sorts that documents the whole thing kinda like Dave was doing at one point... and if FD is as good as he says he is i would like to extend him a challenge... come over to NC and play me if you beat whoever youre playing....[/QUOT

No, we are not the same person and yes I will show at the course. Now, if you think we're the same person then there's no way to prove anything. I can bring the Flip video and make a couple of good vids of the game so you know it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    Typical, instead of stepping up to the plate and accepting the fact it's time to put up or shut up, you decide to insult others.

You're not going to show up, are you?

WAAAAAAHHHH!!! Is indacup crying again? Relax. I'm going to show up and it's going to be a fun game. I'll even video tape some of it if Noshuz is ok with it. Sure, I might be embarassed but maybe not. If I'm on my game look out.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Sounds like Larry is one of the guys who is really gonna hurt with the new groove rules, as it seems he hit's 2.6% of his 93.7% of GIR from off the fairway. I don't even know how you could neasure that.
    In Liarrys case, as with all of his stats, using his imagination.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

WAAAAAAHHHH!!! Is indacup crying again? Relax. I'm going to show up and it's going to be a fun game. I'll even video tape some of it if Noshuz is ok with it. Sure, I might be embarassed but maybe not. If I'm on my game look out.
    I got no problem with that. I've posted my crappy swing so it's nothing they haven't seen before......
    team obnoxious

You'll never be on your game, when you post your swing video here, InfamousDavis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    You'll never be on your game, when you post your swing video here, InfamousDavis.
    You just can't help but follow me around like a little puppy on this forum can you? Nice doggie.

You just can't help but follow me around like a little puppy on this forum can you? Nice doggie.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sitting dog.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	2341...........
    team obnoxious

Great post, Ping. I suspect you won't be needing to entertain him in North Carolina. You anywhere near Greensboro? I'll be there in June and it might be kind of fun to tee it up together.
    i live in greensboro so yeah i'll be there... most likely at least i know i have a tournament or two sometime in june or july... but chances are i'll be here...

let me know if you wanna get a round in or something... Grandover is nice, and it's like 50 so price is good too... let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Ping are you near tabacco row
    GHD
    it's like an hour or so from me... so relatively close...

i live in greensboro so yeah i'll be there... most likely at least i know i have a tournament or two sometime in june or july... but chances are i'll be here...

let me know if you wanna get a round in or something... Grandover is nice, and it's like 50 so price is good too... let me know...

Yeah, that'd be great. I'll get with you as the time approaches. I should be there 5 or 6 days.
    GR lives...

sounds good.. let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I thought Larry only hit 99% of the fairways 99% of the time. Not sure how many fairways he hits the other 1%. I'm getting confused.

P.S. TP, It seems Pelz and Larry have at least one thing in common. They both base their arguments around guys who played the game in the middle of last century. I wonder who would win ALL the money if Hogan, Trevino, Irwin and Pavin all played in the same event?
    This is fun for you guys??? I hope not. While you are sitting on your fat cans typing silly tripe into your computer, smart people are reading books, magazines, and newspapers, following the political situation, trying to get a new job, writing papers, preparing proposals, whatever-- but NOT wasting their lives doing trivia. Really, get a life. Every one of you is one day older today, your life is evaporating as we speak, so to speak.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    This is fun for you guys??? I hope not. While you are sitting on your fat cans typing silly tripe into your computer, smart people are reading books, magazines, and newspapers, following the political situation, trying to get a new job, writing papers, preparing proposals, whatever-- but NOT wasting their lives doing trivia. Really, get a life. Every one of you is one day older today, your life is evaporating as we speak, so to speak.

Larry
    Well Laurrie at least Spanks got your back. It could be worst.

GHD
    Last edited by groundhogday; 01-28-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Larry
    Some of the wisest words ever written here on GR, seriously...

And these words come from a man of greatness, in life, who has lived long enough to know the truth of his words.

Thank you Larry!

Larry

Um, isn't that exactly what you are doing? As far as fat.....every picture tells a story baby.

Larry
    You don't give a sh.it with what we type, so shut the fuuck up.

Why is it that everywhere I go on this forum you must follow ?

Larry
    As luck would have it Larry, I spent Friday preparing a proposal for the Director at work. I also got a phone call to arrange a time for an interview for a new job worth an extra 20k after I wrote an application a few weeks ago. So as you can see, some ofus can have some fun with you and still have what you would describe as a life.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement of my self worth Larry. It really means something coming form you.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

Larry
    Not all of us can be as smart as you, and such a great ballstriker.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

We need to find out what "GIR" means to Larry because it's obviously not Greens In Regulation....it must be "Greens in _____"

GIR could stand for gays in rectum. As in, yesterday I nailed 95 percent GIR.

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    We need to find out what "GIR" means to Larry because it's obviously not Greens In Regulation....it must be "Greens in _____"
    Greens in Regularity (old man voice)....
    team obnoxious

Grass in Rear....as in, thin, bladed shots to the grassy area past the green

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    GIR could stand for gays in rectum. As in, yesterday I nailed 95 percent GIR.
    That was an incredibly disturbing comment...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Why is it that everywhere I go on this forum you must follow ?
    That was original

I would just like to thank everyone for helping to really get out the votes for this poll. With currently 23 votes, that suggests approximately 6 members exercised their right(s) to vote. Please thank your aliases, as well.

It isn't easy to construct a poll that's competely fair, objective and will accurately capture GR opinion. The heavy voter turnout achieved tells me we've succeeded at doing that.

So congratulations to all of you. Well done.
    GR lives...

Thread Information