|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: Do you like Larry's presence here on GR?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry is alright; he doesn't bother me; I like him

11 39.29%
  • I do not like Larry!

12 42.86%
  • I really have any opinion either way. I never thought about it.

5 17.86%

I like Larry... Poll

Larry is cool in my book.

Sheesh I never thought I would be old, but I am 41. Larry is 68, and smarter than most everybody here on this board... well, wiser and smarter than all of us.

Jackasses, do you think swinging a club is the end all, of life? Larry is just getting a little exercise, and working his brain screwing with you jackasses; he laughs himself to sleep, if he even cares to think about you dumbass kids...

Leave Larry alone; if your opinions differ on golf, then be polite.

So vote in the poll, unless you are a scared little girl.

I am guessing that most of you, in opposition, will be scared little girls, since this poll is public, and you will face the wrath of Larry.

Well wishes Larry!

spank
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 02-04-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Larry is cool in my book.

Sheesh I never thought I would be old, but I am 41. Larry is 68, and smarter than most everybody here on this board... well, maybe smarter than all of us.

Leave Larry alone; if your opinions differ on golf, then be polite.

So vote in the poll, unless you are a scared little girl.

I am guessing that most of you will be scared little girls, since this poll is public, and you will face the wrath of Larry.

Well wishes Larry!

spank
    Isn't this a bit like the kettle calling the pot black?

Once again, Spank, I applaud your bravado of Larry as another excellent turn of posting personality. You never cease to come up with fresh ideas and ways to turn the majority against you. My compliments, sir . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Thank you sooner (for the sarcasm, also), and thank you for your vote. ;)

Anybody that has played handball is good in my book.

for real i don't hate larry... but i think that he either is screwing with us, or he's just dumb... one of the two...

Thank you for your response Ping.

Hi

Cant stand the bloke and have voted as such.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Thank you edgey for your honest response, and vote.

You need another option. I think he is a deluded, demented old fool. He also seems to be a racist redneck, a right wing elitist and a bigot. But I don't hate him. On the contrary it is entertaining having him around and I would miss the controversy he stirs up if he wasn't around.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    You need another option. I think he is a deluded, demented old fool. He also seems to be a racist redneck, a right wing elitist and a bigot. But I don't hate him. On the contrary it is entertaining having him around and I would miss the controversy he stirs up if he wasn't around.
    Thank you Kiwi, for your opinion.

Kiwi, could you please quote any post that Larry has ever written, that portrays him in this manner? I was working all year, and wasn't here for quite a while.

Kiwi, it is a good thing you never met my father; he would get you really worked up. Kiwi, you wouldn't last one minute with my father.

It is a generational thing... My grandfather was worse.

My grandfather was an undercover narc in the 50's here, and San Francisco had just allowed blacks to be cops. So all the Irish cops are in a bar talking about who is going to have to partner with the n!gger. No one wants the n!gger...

So my grandfather finally says, "f**k it, I will take the goddamn n!gger!"

So this young black man and my grandfather, who was also young, become partners.

The irony of the whole thing is that my grandfather became best friends with this good man. They were best friends.

...and this 'n!gger' saved my grandfather's life in an undercover drug sting that went really bad; soon after my grandfather became Captain... Black dude did very well, also.

How could you be racist when a black man saved your grandfather's life?

I have no hatred for any race. We are all the same, just different in beautiful ways.

Kiwi, be careful who you hate. They may save your life someday.

You racists suck!
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 02-05-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Thank you Kiwi, for your opinion.

Kiwi, could you please quote any post that Larry has ever written, that portrays him in this manner? I was working all year, and wasn't here for quite a while.

Kiwi, it is a good thing you never met my father; he would get you really worked up. Kiwi, you wouldn't last one minute with my father.

It is a generational thing... My grandfather was worse.

My grandfather was an undercover narc in the 50's here, and San Francisco had just allowed blacks to be cops. So all the Irish cops are in the bars talking about who is going to have to partner with the n!gger. No one wants the n!gger...

So my grandfather finally says, "f**k, I will take the goddamn n!gger!"

So this young black man and my grandfather, who was also young, become partners.

The irony of the whole thing is that my grandfather became best friends with this good man, and this 'n!gger' saved my grandfather's life in a drug bust that went really bad; soon after my grandfather became Captain... How could you be racist when a black man saved your grandfather's life?

I have no hatred for any race. We are all the same, just different in beautiful ways.

Kiwi, be careful who you hate. They may save your life someday.
    Hate - are you kidding???

Spanky my man.

I don't hate anybody.

As for Larry, 99% of his GOLF posts prove he is a delusional, demented old fool. If not a delusional, demented old fool then he is a lying, deceiptful BS artist. As for his other qualities 99% of his Obama posts prove he is a redneck, right wing elitist. His posts on Tiger's recent misfortune contained certain racist undertones too.

Oh, did I forget to mention, he also seems to be a narcissist?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Spanky my man.

I don't hate anybody.

As for Larry, 99% of his GOLF posts prove he is a delusional, demented old fool. If not a delusional, demented old fool then he is a lying, deceiptful BS artist. As for his other qualities 99% of his Obama posts prove he is a redneck, right wing elitist. His posts on Tiger's recent misfortune contained certain racist undertones too.

Please post the link. Honestly, I have never seen it, or read it.

Kiwi, you know I love you man, but I have never read any of it; seriously; please post links.

Thank you.

Spanky my man.

I don't hate anybody.

Either that or he is taking the pi$$ and is having a huge laugh at all our expense!!!

But I doubt that is the case.

Now where the f#ck am I?

he also seems to be a narcissist?
    Anybody that admits on an obscure golf forum, that they were a C level handball player, is not a narcissist, in my life book.

I have vetted Larry, and he is legit.

Warm regards Kiwi,

spank

Although I could never play a round of golf with Larree, I think what he brings to the GR entertainment wise is of value. He is in fact a narcissistic, racist dumb a$$ but hey, without him, who would alan play with?
    And yes, I played handball with my dad as a kid as well.......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Don't like em. His multiple swing ideas always contradict each other and he won't listen to reasonable advice.

And the fairway and GIR stat.. Keep dreamin man.

I didn't see my option either. I was looking for: "Whether I Like Larry Or Not, He Deserves Our Compassion." All of the guesses in the other thread were incorrect. RSF stands for Raped in San Francisco.

It doesn't stand for Raped by Six of his Friends, even though I'm guessing that's true, too.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Although I could never play a round of golf with Larree, I think what he brings to the GR entertainment wise is of value. He is in fact a narcissistic, racist dumb a$$ but hey, without him, who would alan play with?
    And yes, I played handball with my dad as a kid as well.......
    I respect Larry or anyone for trying to improve, i wish my father had that philosophy and practiced his game more if at all. I have to be honest its hard for me to read anyone's blog if its too long and larry's are long. Be more like Noshuz, his are quick reads with wit...
    DJ

Spank,

Could you explain why you think he is wise? Most people I would classify as wise ask questions and then through honest discourse try to find the truth. Larry seems to post to make points. He's not really interested in anyone's opinion unless it aligns with his. Not once have I seen a post where he admits to being wrong, or not entirely right. With that I don't believe that he is wise. Also I find it very interesting that he is bothered about people "attacking" him only to later lash out at others. Again, not smart or wise.

He does bring up some interesting topics.

I've come to believe that Larry is only posting to get a rise out of everyone. He cannot be serious (TM McEnroe) with some of those videos.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Spank,

Could you explain why you think he is wise? Most people I would classify as wise ask questions and then through honest discourse try to find the truth. Larry seems to post to make points. He's not really interested in anyone's opinion unless it aligns with his. Not once have I seen a post where he admits to being wrong, or not entirely right. With that I don't believe that he is wise. Also I find it very interesting that he is bothered about people "attacking" him only to later lash out at others. Again, not smart or wise.

Poe, I'm not sure I agree with this. I'm pretty sure I remember Larry expressing regret he actually posted some correct scores and that he was wrong to not have fabricated much higher scores to pad his handicap so he could steal money from his friends.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Poe, I'm not sure I agree with this. I'm pretty sure I remember Larry expressing regret he actually posted some correct scores and that he was wrong to not have fabricated much higher scores to pad his handicap so he could steal money from his friends.
    So was that wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I've come to believe that Larry is only posting to get a rise out of everyone. He cannot be serious (TM McEnroe) with some of those videos.
    When I read Larry's blogs it reminds me of times when my swing thought was working really well but i always refrain from going on here to discuss it as I know that swing thoughts are fleeting at best. But I hope i have that same passion in 25 years.
    DJ

So was that wise?

Not at all. I wasn't disagreeing with that part of your post. I was merely pointing out Larry admitted to being wrong for not having cheated more.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    When I read Larry's blogs it reminds me of times when my swing thought was working really well but i always refrain from going on here to discuss it as I know that swing thoughts are fleeting at best. But I hope i have that same passion in 25 years.
    I think it's more of an obsession than passion for Larree......
    team obnoxious

i can say i am obsessed with golf a lot of the time too and i think larry really feels like he is helping and wants to get his point across which is fine for him and maybe some people. i always just find something else to respond too. Talking swing theory on this board is fruitless
    DJ

Dementia manifests itself in very strange ways. My grandmother (RIP) used to be obsessed with cooking in her latter days. She was in a home and would play cook with pots and pans. She even tried to invite my aunt over for a dinner she cooked. Larry is also trying to share with us. It's cute in an Alzheimer's kind of way.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    for real i don't hate larry... but i think that he either is screwing with us, or he's just dumb... one of the two...
    You get my vote for the most honest person here in GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Dementia manifests itself in very strange ways. My grandmother (RIP) used to be obsessed with cooking in her latter days. She was in a home and would play cook with pots and pans. She even tried to invite my aunt over for a dinner she cooked. Larry is also trying to share with us. It's cute in an Alzheimer's kind of way.

This is an amazing coincidence. My ex-wife also pretended to cook. I wonder if she has Alzheimers.
    GR lives...

Did she also pretend to have sex? Pretend to get you a beer?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Not at all. I wasn't disagreeing with that part of your post. I was merely pointing out Larry admitted to being wrong for not having cheated more.
    At least he's got that going for him. Thanks for pointing out my oversight.

Did she also pretend to have sex? Pretend to get you a beer?
    She never even pretended to get me a beer.

Yes, Larry's standards are extremely low, but they should still be acknowledged occasionally.
    GR lives...

I have to cry foul on the poll numbers...At least five of the negative voters are Elton John aliases.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Spank,

I think the word you are looking for to describe Larry is BIGOT!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I have to cry foul on the poll numbers...At least five of the negative voters are Elton John aliases.
    I'm with TP on this. Some of those voters have 1-4 posts. That's BS....
    team obnoxious

Larry's the kind of guy that brings out the worst in GR's best, and for that reason I like him.

"provocative"
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I don't really care for lorrie even though I tend to be conservative and republican. He needs to stop preaching about politics and golf so much. He does complete Alan though.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

He's kind of like a hemorroid. Recurring pain in the a$$ but you learn to live with it.

To quote the words of one of the most underrated actors and most eloquent speakers to have graced our screens,

"I don't hate the man, but I pity the foo"
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information