|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Royal Links Las Vegas, CA
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Tour Van vs. retail golf shops?

    Titleist 907 D2 Aldila VS 60X

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Just pick up a Tour Van Issue (No serial number) Titleist 907 D2 44.5" Aldila VS "By You" 60 X shaft to replace my Cleveland Tour HiBore XLS 45" Grafalloy Blue X.

    Can someone comment if the above combination maybe a good fit for me?

    Can I expect surprise performance from "tour van issued" drivers?

    Do tour vans set-up drivers differently opposed to retail golf shops?

    Thanks!

    Want2bePro Keep it in the short grass!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    30
    Yes, that should be the perfect combination for you. Happy now? Tour van issued clubs are inherently superior to retail shop clubs. This is a proven fact. Thanks for posting.

    I know you must be very busy, but can I trouble you with just one question? Do you know where we might be able to contact someone who could sell Tour Van equipment?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    17
    What a retard. This kid cannot even get a smilie right... wtf is a ?

    Keep it in the short grass? How about I keep my foot up your ass?

    Go get a golf lesson, and get your game under 100, before you show such concern for equipment...

    What the hell? Did bombsquadgolf.com screw up, lose all their data and crash again?

    Where are these retards coming from?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    loch lomond
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    15
    Where are these retards coming from?

    I think he might be your love child spank.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    17
    I hope not. I have paid too much money already from past indiscretions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    15
    At least this guy can spank Spank on the golf course.

    P.S Spank if you are reading this, please use a larger variety of insults, rather than just 'retard' alone. Retard.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    At least this guy can spank Spank on the golf course.

    P.S Spank if you are reading this, please use a larger variety of insults, rather than just 'retard' alone. Retard.
    You feel like a big man with your little scribbles and squeaks? Are you another bombsquadgolf.com queer that gets easily offended? Apparently so...

    Jackass.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    32
    [QUOTE=dorkman53]Yes, that should be the perfect combination for you. Happy now? Tour van issued clubs are inherently superior to retail shop clubs. This is a proven fact. Thanks for posting.

    I know you must be very busy, but can I trouble you with just one question? Do you know where we might be able to contact someone who could sell Tour Van equipment?[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't help but wonder the exact same thing.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    You feel like a big man with your little scribbles and squeaks? Are you another bombsquadgolf.com queer that gets easily offended? Apparently so...

    Jackass.
    Oooh, 'Jackass' ! I see that you're expanding your vocabulary.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Oooh, 'Jackass' ! I see that you're expanding your vocabulary.
    Sh!t, time for another English lesson. It is NOT 'Jackass' ! ...

    It is properly written as, "Jackass!"

    Jackass.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Sh!t, time for another English lesson. It is NOT 'Jackass' ! ...

    It is properly written as, "Jackass!"

    Jackass.
    Riiight.* Retard.

    *Note the evident spelling error, retard !

    Looks like Spank is the spelling queer around here now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2bPro
    Titleist 907 D2 Aldila VS 60X

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Just pick up a Tour Van Issue (No serial number) Titleist 907 D2 44.5" Aldila VS "By You" 60 X shaft to replace my Cleveland Tour HiBore XLS 45" Grafalloy Blue X.

    Can someone comment if the above combination maybe a good fit for me?

    Can I expect surprise performance from "tour van issued" drivers?

    Do tour vans set-up drivers differently opposed to retail golf shops?

    Thanks!

    Want2bePro Keep it in the short grass!
    Let me chime in here, Wannabe, since everyone else seems to have taken the low road. Tour van equipment is typically junk that is peddled to golf nerds at triple the price of regular equipment. Do you really think Morgan Pressel's driver is going to work for you? Maybe some other forum will be impressed by your no serial number POS club, but not here.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    23
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    30
    Bombsquadgolf has sold a lot of "Tour Equipment." However, the accusation has always been that some of the stuff is actually factory seconds that are simply called "Tour" and sold at a much higher price. It's sort of like paying EXTRA for the items that should be rejected, or sold at the 99 Cent Store.
    Or, if it is truly "Tour" Equipment, it's like paying extra to get someone else's prescription glasses. It was made particularly for someone else's needs, and now when they don't want it any more, you can have it for a high price, even though you might need far different specs.
    Anybody who brings up this obviously taboo subject on Bombsquad (AKA B.S. Golf) is immediately banned for the next 600 years, to squelch any business-ruining dissent.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ChiselCreek
    Posts
    3,990
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2bPro
    Titleist 907 D2 Aldila VS 60X

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Just pick up a Tour Van Issue (No serial number) Titleist 907 D2 44.5" Aldila VS "By You" 60 X shaft to replace my Cleveland Tour HiBore XLS 45" Grafalloy Blue X.

    Can someone comment if the above combination maybe a good fit for me?

    Can I expect surprise performance from "tour van issued" drivers?

    Do tour vans set-up drivers differently opposed to retail golf shops?

    Thanks!

    Want2bePro Keep it in the short grass!
    Yes , they will go further and straighter... While at it you should have bought more. Spend your money on equipment and you will become a better player... Next time just get yourself an expensive set of Muzino blades, they will truly help your game

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Yes , they will go further and straighter... While at it you should have bought more. Spend your money on equipment and you will become a better player... Next time just get yourself an expensive set of Muzino blades, they will truly help your game
    Pretty ironic considering you pimp Callaway. Their slogan is "buy a better game." And they cost more than any other OEM.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Spyglass
    Posts
    11,184
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Pretty ironic considering you pimp Callaway. Their slogan is "buy a better game." And they cost more than any other OEM.
    No, I think Titleist is the most expensive OEM and Mizuno is up there as well. The Titleist drivers are always $399 and their irons are usually around $899 to $999. Mizuno forged are usually around $899 new. Of course, this is a golf course pro shop I'm talking about...Haggin Oaks.

    By the way, why does anyone buy brand new irons these days when you can just wait a few weeks for them to show up on Ebay just slightly used for 30 to 40% less?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    No, I think Titleist is the most expensive OEM and Mizuno is up there as well. The Titleist drivers are always $399 and their irons are usually around $899 to $999. Mizuno forged are usually around $899 new. Of course, this is a golf course pro shop I'm talking about...Haggin Oaks.

    By the way, why does anyone buy brand new irons these days when you can just wait a few weeks for them to show up on Ebay just slightly used for 30 to 40% less?
    Because I was shopping at.....Haggin Oaks......no really.....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    No, I think Titleist is the most expensive OEM and Mizuno is up there as well. The Titleist drivers are always $399 and their irons are usually around $899 to $999. Mizuno forged are usually around $899 new. Of course, this is a golf course pro shop I'm talking about...Haggin Oaks.

    By the way, why does anyone buy brand new irons these days when you can just wait a few weeks for them to show up on Ebay just slightly used for 30 to 40% less?
    Cally beats all that. I always see the latest Cally chopper irons going for $1000+ new, while everyone else is around $800 - $900. This is also new stuff at pro shops. I don't think I'd ever buy that way. I bought my Mizzies from a rep back in 2004 and got a customized set of 8 clubs for $80/club, with a bit of an upcharge for the shaft and grips. Retail for DGS 300 and some crap rubber grip was about $100/club. I always go into a transaction assuming it's a negotiation. Most transactions are, but 99% of amateurs don't know this.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Let me chime in here, Wannabe, since everyone else seems to have taken the low road. Tour van equipment is typically junk that is peddled to golf nerds at triple the price of regular equipment. Do you really think Morgan Pressel's driver is going to work for you? Maybe some other forum will be impressed by your no serial number POS club, but not here.
    I concurr. After all, if the OP isn't an alias (10% chance), he's a kid. We need to look after our kids. As Hillary Clinton said, it takes a village.

    The Aldila "by you" shafts are among the worst ever made. In fact, they were supposed to be named "f.uck you" shafts, but a marketing guy nixed it at the last minute. If a D2 head has a "by you" in it, it's hard to believe it's really tour issue.

    Want to be a pro, you either need to get properly fitted, or see Dorkman.
    GR lives...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ChiselCreek
    Posts
    3,990
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Pretty ironic considering you pimp Callaway. Their slogan is "buy a better game." And they cost more than any other OEM.
    hahahaha... I bought good new Callaway cheap !!! 2002 BB 4-PW for $178, X-16 3-PW for $350 new .... Mizuno does not offer me any advantage over Cally, maybe I am not good enough like some of you guys

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    loch lomond
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    hahahaha... I bought good new Callaway cheap !!! 2002 BB 4-PW for $178, X-16 3-PW for $350 new .... Mizuno does not offer me any advantage over Cally, maybe I am not good enough like some of you guys

    Thats right MAYBE your not.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    hahahaha... I bought good new Callaway cheap !!! 2002 BB 4-PW for $178, X-16 3-PW for $350 new .... Mizuno does not offer me any advantage over Cally, maybe I am not good enough like some of you guys
    One thing about it, you can play a round of 18 with those things and then take them home to use as cooking utensils whenever you are not golfing. I bet those things could finish off and industrial size bowl of cereal in no time flat!!!

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    32
    I remember once a long time ago buying a Cally copper coloured X-12 gap wedge, just because it looked so easy to hit and there was so much hype about them. When I took it out I quickly found it to be a dead feeling POS. Even shots out of the middle had a harsh feeling. I got rid of it after about 2 rounds, and at that time the wedge I put back in was a POS maxfli, but it was still better than the Cally.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Spyglass
    Posts
    11,184
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I remember once a long time ago buying a Cally copper coloured X-12 gap wedge, just because it looked so easy to hit and there was so much hype about them. When I took it out I quickly found it to be a dead feeling POS. Even shots out of the middle had a harsh feeling. I got rid of it after about 2 rounds, and at that time the wedge I put back in was a POS maxfli, but it was still better than the Cally.
    Actually, if it was copper in color you bought the Callaway Big Bertha Tour Wedge that was actually designed by Roger Cleveland. I owned one too and didn't like it. Went back to the greatest wedge ever made, the Ping Eye 2.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Actually, if it was copper in color you bought the Callaway Big Bertha Tour Wedge that was actually designed by Roger Cleveland. I owned one too and didn't like it. Went back to the greatest wedge ever made, the Ping Eye 2.
    On reflection it was indeed the Big Bertha Tour wedge. I can honestly say it was the worst wedge I've ever had in the bag. I never owned a Ping Eye 2, but a few years back I had a set of Zing knockoffs set up for me, and I must admit they were pretty nice clubs, and the wede was a consistent club. I sometimes wish I held onto those old clubs, I used to absolutely murder the 2 iron.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Riiight.* Retard.

    *Note the evident spelling error, retard !

    Looks like Spank is the spelling queer around here now.
    Sorry, my little broken wing... I got 20 years on you, son. Play nice, or I will own you; you better start deleting everything on your Facebook, Myspace, etc., because I am hunting you now Ping. And I mean delete; I can hack into anything, as most people can; I do not need to be your 'friend' to see everything.

    I will accept an apology, but I prefer hunting you down, and creating viral ownage.

    So let's skip the apology from you. It is going to be more fun, embarrassing your young ass. I will own you... are you denying this?

    Keep on talking jackass. Be happy I have to work now, since spring is approaching; but you will be owned Ping.

    To all members; if you have any info on Ping, send me the info via private message; this will help me in the ownage process.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 02-12-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Online golf pro shops?
    By TSR115 in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 02:22 AM
  2. Golf Shops in Dubai City (Kilted Arab Please See)
    By WhoElseButMe in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 12:52 PM
  4. Do golf pro shops have sales?
    By WarriorPoet in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 05:01 AM
  5. Golf Shops give me the $%#@!
    By grazo in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 08:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •