|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Poulter or Casey, mmmm AIDS or Ebola

Hi

I have reached the depths of total despair. Ian Poltroon and Paul Catspiss in the WGC finals. Can my life get any worse, is their nothing left with which God can mock me with. That both of these tosspots are English only heaps more misery on my pain. Deciding who i want to win is like deciding on which disease i would prefer, AIDS or Ebola.

I would have preferred to see a Garcia v WOW final, with a Garcia win than this, god how shite is this.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Poulter looks very sweet in his all pink ensemble today. You Brits should be proud . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Poulter looks very sweet in his all pink ensemble today. You Brits should be proud . . . . .
    Yes there is something with which God can mock me with...............

Edgey
    Last edited by edgey; 02-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

We all understand that Poulter is a total tosspot but what has Casey done to earn that distinction?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    We all understand that Poulter is a total tosspot but what has Casey done to earn that distinction?
    Several years ago, when he was sponsored by Titleist, he made some comments which were badly distorted and taken out of context. What he was trying to say was that, in the context of the Ryder Cup (if I remember this correctly) it motivated him if he could get a bit angry at his opponents. He said something to the effect that he "hated Americans," but it obviously was simply an attempt to increase his motivation to play better against them. It blew up in the press, and Titleist dumped him from their team, which was much more impressive back then than it is now. It made him unpopular in the US for a period of time, but I think that it has mostly blown over by now.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Several years ago, when he was sponsored by Titleist, he made some comments which were badly distorted and taken out of context. What he was trying to say was that, in the context of the Ryder Cup (if I remember this correctly) it motivated him if he could get a bit angry at his opponents. He said something to the effect that he "hated Americans," but it obviously was simply an attempt to increase his motivation to play better against them. It blew up in the press, and Titleist dumped him from their team, which was much more impressive back then than it is now. It made him unpopular in the US for a period of time, but I think that it has mostly blown over by now.
    It never hurt my feelings any, that is the way it should be in competition . . . . . screw Titleist.

Thanks DM but I can't imagine that being a reason for an Englishman like Edgey to take a dislike to Casey. More likely the opposite.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Casey has earned a reputation for arrogance amongst his peers I'm pretty sure. Also could possibly be a bit of an a-hole. I was watching as event a couple of years ago at St. Andrews. He missed putt in the last round and looked pissed off. When he was walking off the green a nearby mike picked him up unbeknown to him. He was tearing strips of his caddy, berrating him. Said something like (I clearly heard it). "You f ucking moron, that putt was worth f ucking thousands of dollars".
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Shows you what happens when that sheite Tiger leaves the tour. We all pull for WOW and he yoinks a two footer to miss the final. Then Poltroon misses half the greens and still beats Catspiss.

Just for the sake of golf on TV, we need Swingin' D.ick back out on tour..... in his newly fragile state we'll enjoy the meltdowns, and when he mans up and starts playing well, we'll enjoy the technical superiority over WOW and Poltroon and Catspiss.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I wasn't aware that Casey is so hated from the edgeys of the world. Seems like a decent bloke. If you hate Casey, Poultroon, Donald, and Harrington, who do you like?
    I'm only assuming you hate Donald and Harrington, but everyone hates those guys.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Hi

I am in a very fragile state at the moment for obvious reasons, however i will try my best to explain.

Poltroon - My dislike of this scrote is well documented, i do not propose to go over it again.

Catspiss - I had the misfortune to follow this useless twat around the Brabazon a few years ago. Never have i had the bad luck to watch a more arrogant, rude, miserable and self centred individual, until Poltroon at The Forest of Arden.

Harrington - In fact he is OK, a lucky bastard but when you follow him polite and fun.

Garchoker - Knob

Donald - Aloof and detatched, but he seemed OK

Westwood - He is OK, he interacted with us really well. I like him. Wish he was a better putter but OK

Darren Clarke - Top man, knows where he came from and aint forgot it. Wish he was a better putter too.

Mrs Doubtfire - Bigger knob than Garchoker

Hope that helps, i am off to lie down in a dark room

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

I am in a very fragile state at the moment for obvious reasons, however i will try my best to explain.

Poltroon - My dislike of this scrote is well documented, i do not propose to go over it again.

Catspiss - I had the misfortune to follow this useless twat around the Brabazon a few years ago. Never have i had the bad luck to watch a more arrogant, rude, miserable and self centred individual, until Poltroon at The Forest of Arden.

Harrington - In fact he is OK, a lucky bastard but when you follow him polite and fun.

Garchoker - Knob

Westwood - He is OK, he interacted with us really well. I like him. Wish he was a better putter but OK

Darren Clarke - Top man, knows where he came from and aint forgot it. Wish he was a better putter too.

Edgey
    Good stuff, Edgey . . . . .

Hi

Garchoker - Knob

Edgey
    What about the boring drones like Oliver Wilson or Ross McGowan?
    I agree, Darren Clarke has to be the best thing come out of the UK since The Spice Girls.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Arrogance is a sign of greatness.

Poulter is an arrogant MF'er, but he has the game and the style to back it up.

Go follow Brandt Snedeker if you want to follow a guy with no arrogance, but be warned his weak game matches his humble personality.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

It does seem to have died down, so it needs to be resurrected. He not only said he hated Americans, but also said "they're so stupid." Whether or not this is true, he shouldn't have said it and it's unforgiveable.

Edgey, I really feel for you my man. Throw Monty into the mix, and the rest of the world can only wonder what in the hell happens on that island.

But think of what it's like for me. At least you don't have an organ grinder and Chef Boy-ar-dee carrying your banner.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I agree, Darren Clarke has to be the best thing come out of the UK since The Spice Girls.
    Not seen Olly WIlson in person, Ross McGowan is a sweaty and as such falls under the "Knob" section.

Edgey

Hi

Garchoker - Knob

Edgey

A couple of comments.

Harrington: I like Harrington but I don't like his voice or the way he walks. Did he sit on a cactus and never have the prongs removed?

Casey: Seems OK...kind of boring.

Poulter: Seems to be a character. What's wrong with that?

Garcia: Despite what people say I like Garcia. He's exciting and I like his attitude.

Donald: Kind of vanilla. If I was gay I would date him over the others.

Westwood: Looks like a jerk but who knows? Looks like a snob too.

Montgomery: I've always like this guy. His Ryder cup performances are amazing. One never mentioned is that his blowup on the final hole of the US Open was worse than Phil's. All he had to do was get an 8 iron on the green and he ended up doubling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    wasn't Willie Olson, or Ollie Wilson or whatever his name is, a Tack and Stilt guy once?

maybe I'm getting my drones mixed up....

But dittoes on DC, top man indeed, even if he IS Irish.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

There are many awesome Irish guys out there. Harrington, Clarke, Feherty and the new kid are good examples. Now do you see why they've been trying to secede from England for so long, against all odds?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    There are many awesome Irish guys out there. Harrington, Clarke, Feherty and the new kid are good examples. Now do you see why they've been trying to secede from England for so long, against all odds?
    Loz, your knowledge of Irish politics appears to have been affected by you time in America.

Darren Clarke - Northern Irish

Harrington - Irish (gained independence in 1922)

Feherty - Northern Irish

McIlroy - Northern Irish

The majority in N Ireland do not want to secede from the UK as the majority are Protestant.

Your welcome

Edgey

"Everyone's invited....except for the Irish!"

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis

Blazing Saddles, and no, I didn't have to Google it.

FD, what do you have against the Irish brogue?

Loz, your knowledge of Irish politics appears to have been affected by you time in America.

Darren Clarke - Northern Irish

Harrington - Irish (gained independence in 1922)

Feherty - Northern Irish

McIlroy - Northern Irish

The majority in N Ireland do not want to secede from the UK as the majority are Protestant.

Your welcome

Edgey
    Edgey - Aside from the license I chose, I think the distinction between Ireland and N. Ireland is a little dubious. It's not like we're talking about Virginia and W. Virginia.
    GR lives...

Let me get this straight. You like Sergio Garcia and you're inviting the French?
    GR lives...

Edgey - Aside from the license I chose, I think the distinction between Ireland and N. Ireland is a little dubious. It's not like we're talking about Virginia and W. Virginia.
    Clarification for our International posters: Virginians have all their teeth and are not married to their nearest relative.

Blazing Saddles, and no, I didn't have to Google it.

FD, what do you have against the Irish brogue?
    Absolutely nothing. I was just quoting Blazing Saddles like you mention above. I got the Mel Brooks collection at Costco for $29.99. Pretty good price for around 10 DVD's. Young Frankenstein is another great one.

Absolutely nothing. I was just quoting Blazing Saddles like you mention above. I got the Mel Brooks collection at Costco for $29.99. Pretty good price for around 10 DVD's. Young Frankenstein is another great one.

That is a great deal. You throw the 7 s.hitty ones in the dumpster and that leaves you with 3 at $10 apiece.
    GR lives...

That is a great deal. You throw the 7 s.hitty ones in the dumpster and that leaves you with 3 at $10 apiece.
    I'm writing this as I think. OK, here are the good ones:

Blazing Saddles
    Young Frakenstein
    Silent Movie

You know what, you're right. Damn!

I'm writing this as I think. OK, here are the good ones:

Blazing Saddles
    Young Frakenstein
    Silent Movie

You know what, you're right. Damn!
    Actually I wasn't including YF or SM. I did include The Producers and High Anxiety.
    GR lives...

Actually I wasn't including YF or SM. I did include The Producers and High Anxiety.
    I like High Anxiety, too, but Blazing Saddles is by far my favorite Mel Brooks movie.

FD, I was referring to your post you made about not liking the way Harrington talks. Do you not like the Irish brogue, or his subject matter most of the time?

Robin Hood Men in Tights?
    Spaceballs?
    History of the World Part I?

How did one of those not make the top 5?

I like High Anxiety, too, but Blazing Saddles is by far my favorite Mel Brooks movie.

FD, I was referring to your post you made about not liking the way Harrington talks. Do you not like the Irish brogue, or his subject matter most of the time?
    Actually, I just don't like his high frequency voice. Seems like a good guy and fierce competitor. That 3 wood he hit in the British Open was one of the best shots I've ever seen, given the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Spaceballs?

I forgot about History of the World part 1, that is an unforgivable slip. That movie is a definite classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Spaceballs?

I didn't like Men in Tights, I hated Spaceballs and I thought the beginning of History was funny but once Mel Brooks appeared it got bad. As usual. The only bad parts in Blazing Saddles are when Mel Brooks is present. Also, for some reason the collection I bought doesn't have Space Balls.

I forgot about History of the World part 1, that is an unforgivable slip. That movie is a definite classic.
    Hey, Torquemada, whaddya say?

I just got back from an auto-da-fe...

auto-da-fe, what's an auto-da-fe?

It's what ya ought not ta do but ya do anyway....
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I didn't like Men in Tights, I hated Spaceballs and I thought the beginning of History was funny but once Mel Brooks appeared it got bad. As usual. The only bad parts in Blazing Saddles are when Mel Brooks is present. Also, for some reason the collection I bought doesn't have Space Balls.
    Agree that Men in Tights was garbage and that the Mel Brooks scenes were the least amusing in Blazing Saddles. The Waco Kid was my favourite character.

"Ok we'll take the n.iggers and the Chinks but we won't take the Irish!"

Now where the f#ck am I?

Actually, I just don't like his high frequency voice. Seems like a good guy and fierce competitor. That 3 wood he hit in the British Open was one of the best shots I've ever seen, given the pressure.
    It was a 5 wood wasn't it, and honestly how much pressure can there really have been when your nearest competitor is Greg 'Automatic Choke' Norman?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Agree that Men in Tights was garbage and that the Mel Brooks scenes were the least amusing in Blazing Saddles. The Waco Kid was my favourite character.

"Ok we'll take the n.iggers and the Chinks but we won't take the Irish!"
    stick out yer tush, hands on yer hips, give 'em a push, that's how you know you're doing the French Mistake...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    stick out yer tush, hands on yer hips, give 'em a push, that's how you know you're doing the French Mistake...
    That's right, ice dancing is on tonight. Can't wait can you, big guy?
    GR lives...

"What did he say?"
    "He said the sheriff is near!"

"I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter."

"What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

"Tell me, schatze, is it twue what they say about the way you people are... gifted?"
    "Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!"

Yes, there'll be at least one couple with a hoky Cowboy theme. I can tell you're both really excited.
    GR lives...

Yes, there'll be at least one couple with a hoky Cowboy theme. I can tell you're both really excited.
    And Zo gives the game away.. he watched last night, or he wouldn't know about the one couple with the hokey cowboy theme. (the Brits)

aw crap.. this means I watched last night..

shoot me.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

And Zo gives the game away.. he watched last night, or he wouldn't know about the one couple with the hokey cowboy theme. (the Brits)

aw crap.. this means I watched last night..

shoot me.
    They're on during my flu. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. Trust me though, ice dancing breaks new ground in the area of bizarre behaviour being conducted on an international stage with some sort of award at stake.
    GR lives...

It was a 5 wood wasn't it, and honestly how much pressure can there really have been when your nearest competitor is Greg 'Automatic Choke' Norman?
    I thought it was a 3 wood but it doesn't matter. He could not have placed the shot more prefectly. I agree about Norman. Instead of the World Golf Tour I'm surprised he hasn't tried to convince the PGA Tour to shorten tournaments to the first 3 days. Watson losing the British last year was heartbreaking but watching Norman collapse at Augusta in '96 was sickening. I'm not sure what hole it was, I'm thinking it was the 10th. He has about 140 to the pin and hits a PW as hard as he can sky high and the ball sucks back all the way off the green. I'm thinking "is he trying to do this crap?"

Clarification for our International posters: Virginians have all their teeth and are not married to their nearest relative.
    I am from Northern VA and can tell you that anything south of Fairfax County is very southern, so more than half the state of VA is much like WV...rednecks.
    DJ

"Tell me, schatze, is it twue what they say about the way you people are... gifted?"
    "Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!"
    Intersting little piece o' trivia. I saw Mel Brooks on Costas' late night show eons ago, and he said Bart's line after Maddy said "It's twue!"' was "You're licking my arm." but it got cut because censors found it too racy. Also, Richard Prior was supposed to play Bart opposite Wilder which would have been their first pairing, but prior was considered too controversial at the time.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Intersting little piece o' trivia. I saw Mel Brooks on Costas' late night show eons ago, and he said Bart's line after Maddy said "It's twue!"' was "You're licking my arm." but it got cut because censors found it too racy. Also, Richard Prior was supposed to play Bart opposite Wilder which would have been their first pairing, but prior was considered too controversial at the time.
    Isn't that funny . . . . . censors actually cutting something out of Blazing Saddles because it was too racy!!

Isn't that funny . . . . . censors actually cutting something out of Blazing Saddles because it was too racy!!

I think they were trying to keep a PG rating. You also gotta remember this was a time when networks didn't want to show Fonzie in a leather jacket because of the "hoodlum" imagery. (censors had to justify their jobs, I guess.) Another intersting little piece o trivia (I am just loaded with useless knowledge today) the earliest Happy Days episodes only showed the Fonz in a grey jacket.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I think they were trying to keep a PG rating. You also gotta remember this was a time when networks didn't want to show Fonzie in a leather jacket because of the "hoodlum" imagery. (censors had to justify their jobs, I guess.) Another intersting little piece o trivia (I am just loaded with useless knowledge today) the earliest Happy Days episodes showed the Fonz in a grey jacket.

LOL - Sorry but I HAD to steal one of Sooners smilies for this one!!!

Now where the f#ck am I?

I have the Caddyshack special edition VHS (I bought it about 12 years ago) and it has several scenes in it that were originally planned for the movie but later cut. All I can say is it's a good thing the scenes were cut because they were horrible.

I think they were trying to keep a PG rating. You also gotta remember this was a time when networks didn't want to show Fonzie in a leather jacket because of the "hoodlum" imagery. (censors had to justify their jobs, I guess.) Another intersting little piece o trivia (I am just loaded with useless knowledge today) the earliest Happy Days episodes only showed the Fonz in a grey jacket.
    The Fonz, henry winkler a Jew which is hilarious...playing a touch motorcycle cool guy...
    DJ

I thought it was a 3 wood but it doesn't matter. He could not have placed the shot more prefectly. I agree about Norman. Instead of the World Golf Tour I'm surprised he hasn't tried to convince the PGA Tour to shorten tournaments to the first 3 days. Watson losing the British last year was heartbreaking but watching Norman collapse at Augusta in '96 was sickening. I'm not sure what hole it was, I'm thinking it was the 10th. He has about 140 to the pin and hits a PW as hard as he can sky high and the ball sucks back all the way off the green. I'm thinking "is he trying to do this crap?"
    I remember Harringtons shot and agree it was brilliant in the circumstances. He made an Eagle from there and closed the deal. At the time there was some discussion as to whether it was his hybrid or 5 wood but I'm pretty sure it was a 5 wood.

As for Norman I really didn't watch any golf back in the day but even then as a non golfer I was aware of the choke jokes going around some thing like this:

"What is the difference between a Holden (Aussie car make) and Greg Norman?"

"Not all Holdens are fitted with an automatic choke".

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    The Fonz, henry winkler a Jew which is hilarious...playing a touch motorcycle cool guy...
    Hard to believe. You know the first season, the Fonz was kind of badass. Thinking about what is permissable now vs. then makes me think of the Simpsons episode that looks into the future, and old Marge says, "My God, FOX turned into porn so gradually that I didn't even notice!"
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    I think Fonzie and Mrs. C were getting it on. Wasn't the actress who played Jonie found homeless in some bushes talking to herself?

I think Fonzie and Mrs. C were getting it on. Wasn't the actress who played Jonie found homeless in some bushes talking to herself?
    You're thinking of Lois Lane. (Margo Kidder?? I think?)
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Nonsense! What a pathetic example of American narrow-mindedness. The right leather works with just about everything. And there are italian lines that say: "I'm responsible, successful and have good taste." Of course, you need to be able to carry that off.
    GR lives...

You're thinking of Lois Lane. (Margo Kidder?? I think?)
    I think you're right about it being Lois Lane hiding in the bushes but I know that Jonie went crazy as well. She said that all the cast members were out to get her, etc. Maybe the show should have been called Jonie stalks Chachi.

more shlitzen glubin shewiff baby please im not from havanah, what the hell is shlizen glubin sausage?

I think you're right about it being Lois Lane hiding in the bushes but I know that Jonie went crazy as well. She said that all the cast members were out to get her, etc. Maybe the show should have been called Jonie stalks Chachi.
    I seem to recall reading something about Jonie going off with some weird religious cult. Chachi went to something even worse, 'Charles in Charge'. Was it just my imagination playing tricks on me, or did Jonie develop really great hooters as she got older?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information