|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Add Lead Tape vs "Tipping" of a shaft?

As I mentioned in another thread, I will exchange one of my original TEE drivers with my brother and get his new TEE XCG. This XCG comes with the Quad R-flex (whatever the Quad shiiittt means), but it's too wimpy for me to prevent slices. So I plan to either add lead tape to the heel of its head OR tip the end of its shaft to make it stiffer. Spent sometimes on internet loooking for any comments on which way is more effective but could not find any info on that subject.
    If one of you already went thru this shiiittt, please let me know what you found out, greatly appreciated. I don't hit long (220) but most of the time (75%-80%) I could find the fairways, so I don't want to lose that consistency

OK guys/girls/AC-DC , speak up
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    As I mentioned in another thread, I will exchange one of my original TEE drivers with my brother and get his new TEE XCG. This XCG comes with the Quad R-flex (whatever the Quad shiiittt means), but it's too wimpy for me to prevent slices. So I plan to either add lead tape to the heel of its head OR tip the end of its shaft to make it stiffer. Spent sometimes on internet loooking for any comments on which way is more effective but could not find any info on that subject.
    If one of you already went thru this shiiittt, please let me know what you found out, greatly appreciated. I don't hit long (220) but most of the time (75%-80%) I could find the fairways, so I don't want to lose that consistency

Thanks
    which way does the ball start??

I'm no clubmaker by any means, but I would think adding lead tape to the clubhead would make the tip play softer. More weight at the end of the club would make the tip bend more. I could be 100% wrong on this though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'm no clubmaker by any means, but I would think adding lead tape to the clubhead would make the tip play softer. More weight at the end of the club would make the tip bend more. I could be 100% wrong on this though.
    yeah i agree completely....

my point was he's hitting it 220 so stiff is prob not the way to go.... plus if the ball starts left and cuts, putting lead tape on the heel is not going to help at all... just turn the shot into a straight pull... the only way lead tape on the heel would help is if it's a push-cut then you'd be alright to put tape on the heel... but in all likely hood...... work on your swing instead...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360

my point was he's hitting it 220 so stiff is prob not the way to go.... plus if the ball starts left and cuts, putting lead tape on the heel is not going to help at all... just turn the shot into a straight pull... the only way lead tape on the heel would help is if it's a push-cut then you'd be alright to put tape on the heel... but in all likely hood...... work on your swing instead...
    +1

Sounds like the shaft is already too stiff for his swing, or he needs to work on a more consistent swing.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360

I was think the same about a stiff shaft being too stiff for someone that hits the ball 220.

Maybe that shaft just doesn't work for you. I witnessed many fitting sessions and I always amazed on what works and what doesn't work. Some people will get the same club with two different shaft and one will be striped right down the middle and the other will be miss after miss. I'm not talking stiff vs regular. I'm just talking the dynamic way the shaft loads.

Also maybe the shaft is out of spec. I've had this happen to me. You should take your club to a club fitter for recommendations. Have him freq. the club to ensure that it is in spec. Also, you should also ask if it's your swing or the club and be willing to fix what is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I was think the same about a stiff shaft being too stiff for someone that hits the ball 220.

Maybe that shaft just doesn't work for you. I witnessed many fitting sessions and I always amazed on what works and what doesn't work. Some people will get the same club with two different shaft and one will be striped right down the middle and the other will be miss after miss. I'm not talking stiff vs regular. I'm just talking the dynamic way the shaft loads.

Also maybe the shaft is out of spec. I've had this happen to me. You should take your club to a club fitter for recommendations. Have him freq. the club to ensure that it is in spec. Also, you should also ask if it's your swing or the club and be willing to fix what is broken.
    I DON"T think the shaft is too stiff for me because it feel wimpy compare to my R-flex Aldila NV or R-Prolaunch Blue which under the same swing I could hit quite straight or with a baby fade.

When I choked down the Quad shaft by 1-2" , I could hit it much straighter... In theory, when you choke down, you make it stiffer... My opinion is that the R-flex of Quad shaft on TEE club feel more like a senior shaft... that's why I think about 'tipping' its shaft by cutting it by 1" at the shaft/head connection... or adding lead tape at the heel of the club head to alleviate the slice
    Until next time

I DON"T think the shaft is too stiff for me because it feel wimpy compare to my R-flex Aldila NV or R-Prolaunch Blue which under the same swing I could hit quite straight or with a baby fade.

When I choked down the Quad shaft by 1-2" , I could hit it much straighter... In theory, when you choke down, you make it stiffer... My opinion is that the R-flex of Quad shaft on TEE club feel more like a senior shaft... that's why I think about 'tipping' its shaft by cutting it by 1" at the shaft/head connection... or adding lead tape at the heel of the club head to alleviate the slice
    Until next time
    I wouldn't trust what you feel as wimpy. A lot of high torque shafts feel wimpy. I actually prefer that feel but it's not an indicator of flex. I also wouldn't trust that choking down made you hit it straighter because the shaft got stiffer. You're probably hitting it in the middle better with a shorter shaft. I would trust ball flight.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

For what it's worth. I hear most pros use around 44" and most stock shafts are 45"+. Just for shites I had my old Cleveland launcher tipped from 45 to 44. The result: it was r flex, but now feels somewhere in between r and s which suits my swing speed fine. (I'm right around 100 mph which is right on the line between r and s. It hits a shade shorter than before but I'll bet my avg driving distance has probably increased because I am hitting a lot more fairways. Seriously a LOT more. It cost me 10 bucks to have it done.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

This is why I said have it checked. Every shaft is different even in the same line. If the QC was poor you could have a shaft that is out of spec. Get it tested. It will only take you a few minutes and most will do it without a charge or very small charge.

Thanks

What the heck is a TEE driver?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    What the heck is a TEE driver?
    Tour Edge Exotic, I think.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Tour Edge Exotic, I think.
    I thought that FamousD knows EVERYTHING ... Yes, it is

For what it's worth. I hear most pros use around 44" and most stock shafts are 45"+. Just for shites I had my old Cleveland launcher tipped from 45 to 44. The result: it was r flex, but now feels somewhere in between r and s which suits my swing speed fine. (I'm right around 100 mph which is right on the line between r and s. It hits a shade shorter than before but I'll bet my avg driving distance has probably increased because I am hitting a lot more fairways. Seriously a LOT more. It cost me 10 bucks to have it done.
    Where did you go to have it done for 10 buck? I plan to do that with the new TEE XCG driver

Where did you go to have it done for 10 buck? I plan to do that with the new TEE XCG driver
    There's a little shop in my hometown that buys and sells used clubs and puts together new Chinese knockoff sets for beginners. I had the guy there do it. (he was the owner, it's a one man show)
    Just to warn you though, he did not do swing analysis, we didn't discuss what the before and after resonant frequencies were, I just had a hunch it might work, so I took it to him and said "chop an inch off my shaft." We then giggled like special olympic torch boys.
    Bottom line is, I was having control issues, and shorter and firmer both help with control.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    +1

Sounds like the shaft is already too stiff for his swing, or he needs to work on a more consistent swing.
    Fundamentally I have a very good and sound golf swing, at least all of my golf partners told me so. If I could (1) drive 80% on fairways (they told me that I have a boring and predictable game) then I know that my swing is OK, (2) within 100 yds to a green I could be 75%+ on a green of my next shot... So I know that I can swing a golf club, what I am lack of is my distance , well for almost 60 what do you expect

Lead tape and tipping are two different cats, as far as I know.

You want to tip. Or buy a shaft the proper flex. I recommend the latter.

And..dosen't to soft of a shaft *GENERALLY* produce a hook?
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Lead tape and tipping are two different cats, as far as I know.

You want to tip. Or buy a shaft the proper flex. I recommend the latter.

I could hook 1 out of 1000 shots, IMO that's the main reason why I could not draw a ball with my driver or 3-W... I could draw with a 5-W and my 4-5-6 irons but COULD NOT draw with my driver , which I would like to do (instead of hitting straight or controlled baby fade)

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    And..dosen't to soft of a shaft *GENERALLY* produce a hook?[/QUOTE]
    You know it. Always has for me
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    You know it. Always has for me[/QUOTE]
    Maybe we are talking 2 different things here... IMO, if the shaft flexes too much for your swing, (in theory) I believe that the club's head will lag behind producing a banana slice, rather than a hook... Only an opinion

Maybe we are talking 2 different things here... IMO, if the shaft flexes too much for your swing, (in theory) I believe that the club's head will lag behind producing a banana slice, rather than a hook... Only an opinion[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect.

Let me try and show you some pictures.

I don't think shaft flex is your issue here, and if it is, it's to stiff not to soft.

Look at this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtuB...eature=related Pause the video at 31 seconds. Do you see how the head of the club has started to spring forward, towards the ball, thanks to the flexibility of the shaft?

Perhaps Pingman can help out with his fancy PGA of America explanation.

It depends on a bunch of stuff, all depending on how the person swings the club. I could hit a 7i 200 yards which would make you think I'd need an X100 shaft or stiffer. However, if I have a slow, smooth tempo, it might be worth my while to go with an S300 shaft instead all cause of how the shaft's loading through the shot.

It'd be a lot better to just go with the clubhead you want and say, "find me a shaft for this please" and go from there. I'm under the impression like HB that he should probably shorten the shaft an inch as it'd probably be a better fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    It depends on a bunch of stuff, all depending on how the person swings the club. I could hit a 7i 200 yards which would make you think I'd need an X100 shaft or stiffer. However, if I have a slow, smooth tempo, it might be worth my while to go with an S300 shaft instead all cause of how the shaft's loading through the shot.

It'd be a lot better to just go with the clubhead you want and say, "find me a shaft for this please" and go from there. I'm under the impression like HB that he should probably shorten the shaft an inch as it'd probably be a better fit for him.
    Right, you can hit a 7 iron 200 yards. Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells.

Maybe we are talking 2 different things here... IMO, if the shaft flexes too much for your swing, (in theory) I believe that the club's head will lag behind producing a banana slice, rather than a hook... Only an opinion[

This is incorrect.

Let me try and show you some pictures.

I don't think shaft flex is your issue here, and if it is, it's to stiff not to soft.

Look at this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtuB...eature=related Pause the video at 31 seconds. Do you see how the head of the club has started to spring forward, towards the ball, thanks to the flexibility of the shaft?

Perhaps Pingman can help out with his fancy PGA of America explanation.
    Speaking from personal experience. I had a driver re-shafted under warranty by Callaway due to a defect. The re-shafted club was supposed to be a stiff shaft and I could only hit pushes and low pulls but never a hook. I took it into a club fitter and it freq'd out at 2x-stiff. He estimated that I need to swing around 135-140 to load the shaft.

I was just fitted for irons and was using a stiff shaft and turning all of the shots over. He fitted me in a x-stiff shaft based on this (and club head speed). I was concerned about going to x-stiff because it's my experience that most people play too stiff of a club. He said that he would start to get concerned moving me up to the x-stiff shafts if I was having difficulties turning the stiff over.

So, my personal non-PGA explanation/experience says yes GA's statement is correct but I never hit slices just straight pushes.

No no not at all, I couldn't hit a 7i 200 yards if it was downbreeze and I thinned it. I carry a 7i 160 yards. I was just using 200 yards as an example of someone who with that speed, you'd think would need XS shafts. However they may not depending on how they swing.

Thanks guys/ girls/ AC-DC... Very interesting discussion from all of you... but I am not sure if I hear a definite answer as to hook or slice with a shaft that is indeed too flexible for us. I will Google more

Thanks guys/ girls/ AC-DC... Very interesting discussion from all of you... but I am not sure if I hear a definite answer as to hook or slice with a shaft that is indeed too flexible for us. I will Google more

Here is your definite answer.

Rarely is something like a hook or slice due solely to the shaft of the golf club.

Generally speaking, a shaft that is to flexable for your swing type/speed, will cause your golf ball to "hook". If the shaft of your golf club is to stiff, you will hit the golf ball with a slice or a straight push. These shots will also be shorter, due to both the way the ball was hit, and the fact that you can't load the shaft properly, in order to use it to it's max effectiveness.

And it sounds like you need some instructional help, not equipment.

Have a fantastic day.

Rarely is something like a hook or slice due solely to the shaft of the golf club.

Generally speaking, a shaft that is to flexable for your swing type/speed, will cause your golf ball to "hook". If the shaft of your golf club is to soft, you will hit the golf ball with a slice or a straight push. These shots will also be shorter, due to both the way the ball was hit, and the fact that you can't load the shaft properly, in order to use it to it's max effectiveness.

And it sounds like you need some instructional help, not equipment.

Have a fantastic day.
    'to flexable' and 'to soft' mean the same thing (providing you can decipher the 2nd grade spelling). You have contradicted yourself again numb nuts.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

[QUOTE=golfaholic]Here is your definite answer.

Thanks for your input but I have to disagree with your above statement based on my personal experience. My Callaway 2004 BB driver came with a stock OEM shaft, I was not happy with its slice so I called and talked to Callaway. Callaway was nice enough to offer me a shaft replacement with a shaft of my choice. After doing more research and reviews from end users I asked if Callaway could reshaft my drive with the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue.... the rest is history. With the same setup and swing, I hit a ball so well that end up with 80% on fairway with my driver, so I believe that the shaft is (almost) everything, IF you have a decent swing... just my personal story
    Happy golfing

There's a little shop in my hometown that buys and sells used clubs and puts together new Chinese knockoff sets for beginners. I had the guy there do it. (he was the owner, it's a one man show)
    Just to warn you though, he did not do swing analysis, we didn't discuss what the before and after resonant frequencies were, I just had a hunch it might work, so I took it to him and said "chop an inch off my shaft." We then giggled like special olympic torch boys.
    Bottom line is, I was having control issues, and shorter and firmer both help with control.
    If you told him to "chop an inch off" your shaft, chances are he butt trimmed it. Very different than tipping it. To tip a shaft it must be pulled and re-epoxied after it is trimmed. You're not likely to find a guy that will do this for $10!

[QUOTE=Pky6471]

Thanks for your input but I have to disagree with your above statement based on my personal experience. My Callaway 2004 BB driver came with a stock OEM shaft, I was not happy with its slice so I called and talked to Callaway. Callaway was nice enough to offer me a shaft replacement with a shaft of my choice. After doing more research and reviews from end users I asked if Callaway could reshaft my drive with the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue.... the rest is history. With the same setup and swing, I hit a ball so well that end up with 80% on fairway with my driver, so I believe that the shaft is (almost) everything, IF you have a decent swing... just my personal story
    Happy golfing
    Yes, a low kick shaft will help turn the face over through the ball as well as increase trajectory. This is why Cleveland's Yellow/Red philosophy works out so well for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    If you told him to "chop an inch off" your shaft, chances are he butt trimmed it. Very different than tipping it. To tip a shaft it must be pulled and re-epoxied after it is trimmed. You're not likely to find a guy that will do this for $10!
    This is likely true. Not many clubfitters mess with the tip. I know I have been tempted a time or two for experimentation but I have resisted . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Maybe we are talking 2 different things here... IMO, if the shaft flexes too much for your swing, (in theory) I believe that the club's head will lag behind producing a banana slice, rather than a hook... Only an opinion[/QUOTE]
    I am not the resident shaft expert, so only my 2 cents. It sounds like you have a very smooth tempo, and are on the verge of being able to use a senior flex shaft. When you can produce a consistent hook with your driver, your in the neighborhood of the correct flex. I personally, have always played a little to stiff of a shaft, I like the accuracy, but sacrifice the abbility to produce a draw. I am probabaly in between a regular and stiff flex. But as the manufactures have no industry standard, it makes it a little difficult to choose. Oem shafts tend to play a little soft, aftermarket shafts tend to play stiffer. Once you find a shaft that works, you probably can use it in any driver head, and have similar results. I just purchased a driver with six shafts, and none of them say made for on them, so I dont know if there oem or aftermarket. I am going to have fun this season
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 02-17-2010 at 04:35 AM.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

I am not the resident shaft expert, so only my 2 cents. It sounds like you have a very smooth tempo, and are on the verge of being able to use a senior flex shaft. When you can produce a consistent hook with your driver, your in the neighborhood of the correct flex. I personally, have always played a little to stiff of a shaft, I like the accuracy, but saccrafice the abbility to produce a draw. I am probabaly in between a regular and stiff flex. But as the manufactures have no industry standard, it makes it a little difficult to choose. Oem shafts tend to play a little soft, aftermarket shafts tend to play stiffer. Once you find a shaft that works, you probably can use it in any driver head, and have similar results. I just purchased a driver with six shafts, and none of them say made for on them, so I dont know if there oem or aftermarket. I am going to have fun this season[/QUOTE]

I think you have read a wrong statement from me. As I said, I could only hook 1 out of 1000 shots. I could drive a ball very straight or predictable baby-fade, that's why my golf partners always joke at me that I have a boring drive. My swing was clocked at 90mph so I don't think that I am ready for a senior shaft yet, it just that my brother's new TEE XCG driver seems wimpy for my swing (I just bring this up just in case that one of you thinking about buying this club- it comes with Tour Edge Quad R-flex, but it FEELS like a senior shaft to me). My Aldila NV green and Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue R-flex FEEL stiffer than this Quad shììitttt shaft. Once I trade with my brother, most likely that I will have it tipped to make it a touch stiffer. No industry standard in shaft, I played my friend's TaylorMade driver with stiff shaft and it feels like R-shaft of NV or Prolaunch Blue.
    On the shaft subject, I played a round last weekend with my brother and used his new Cleveland Launcher 2009 3-W with Fuji R-flex 55-g Gold shaft. This club fits me like a glove... I hit that one so damn straight that I probably would have to eBay one... This is the first time for a long time that I really enjoy a 3W... I just have to buy it when the price is right.... hahahaha

Pky,

Why are you so adverse to going to a golf shop and have them test the TEE shaft? These shafts do not come exactly alike they all have variations. For all you know you have a senior flex frequency shaft. You've had one experience with one shaft that is labeled "R". It's not information that any of us should take to the bank for future decisions. If you are truly in the pursuit of finding a proper shaft for your swing go see a club fitter and try some different shafts that have been tested and where you can make informed decisions.

Pky,

Why are you so adverse to going to a golf shop and have them test the TEE shaft? These shafts do not come exactly alike they all have variations. For all you know you have a senior flex frequency shaft. You've had one experience with one shaft that is labeled "R". It's not information that any of us should take to the bank for future decisions. If you are truly in the pursuit of finding a proper shaft for your swing go see a club fitter and try some different shafts that have been tested and where you can make informed decisions.
    Just let him go do his own thing. His friends think he has a good swing and he's adept at google. Sounds like foolproof decision making.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Pky,

I believe that a correct shaft would do 90% of the work (at least that's my experience) so I agree with you that I will have it tested at a golf shop and make decision from there

Sweet, let us know what you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    'to flexable' and 'to soft' mean the same thing (providing you can decipher the 2nd grade spelling). You have contradicted yourself again numb nuts.
    Ah hah! Indeed I did!

Thank you for catching that.

I believe that a correct shaft would do 90% of the work (at least that's my experience) so I agree with you that I will have it tested at a golf shop and make decision from there
    Just be aware that the suicide rate amongst clubfitters is kind of high and you seem like a high risk client for them.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Just be aware that the suicide rate amongst clubfitters is kind of high and you seem like a high risk client for them.
    I am fully aware of that.... ... better than someone whose attitude and behavior are more like a kid

This is the response that I got from Tour Edge, just want to share with whoever is interested in this subject

================================================== ============

Tour Edge Customer Service to me

show details 9:28 AM (10 hours ago)

Reference number: LTK143032718954X Subject: XCG Quad R-flex driver

Thank you for contacting us.

The tip is .350, but the X-Quad does play softer than the Aldila NV shaft. When you "tip" a shaft you cut from the tip of the shaft to make the club stiffer.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Doug

Jackson Course at Rock Barn in Hickory, NC
    There are several things to take into consideration as far as flex goes. A shaft that is too weak can produce BOTH a hook or a slice. It all depends on ball placement and release point. Let me explain: If you play the ball in an exaggerated forward spot, the club head will release at the bottom of the swing, and, due to lag, snap shut far before impact, causing a massive hook. Conversely, if you play the ball in a more normal position, the lag will cause the clubhead to remain behind the hands all the way through, producing an open face at impact, thus the huge slice.

I am 6'5", and I play a 46" X-Flex driver shaft, but it works for me. I had it tipped about an inch, then had length added to the butt end. Another overlooked point is shaft weight, which I saw another thread about. It would be in your best interest to visit a Demo Day at a local golf course this spring, or maybe even a local golf shop, and get fit for the proper length/flex/kickpoint/weight. It will help tremendously.
    In accordance with new rules...I play a 2x4 and a lead pipe.
    Listing anything golf related is a B!TCHMOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Austin
    There are several things to take into consideration as far as flex goes. A shaft that is too weak can produce BOTH a hook or a slice. It all depends on ball placement and release point. Let me explain: If you play the ball in an exaggerated forward spot, the club head will release at the bottom of the swing, and, due to lag, snap shut far before impact, causing a massive hook. Conversely, if you play the ball in a more normal position, the lag will cause the clubhead to remain behind the hands all the way through, producing an open face at impact, thus the huge slice.

I am 6'5", and I play a 46" X-Flex driver shaft, but it works for me. I had it tipped about an inch, then had length added to the butt end. Another overlooked point is shaft weight, which I saw another thread about. It would be in your best interest to visit a Demo Day at a local golf course this spring, or maybe even a local golf shop, and get fit for the proper length/flex/kickpoint/weight. It will help tremendously.
    Drew.
    I appreciate the info. You sound like a very knowledgeable golfer, and it's nice to have you on board. I'm not 100% sure, but I think listing every club distance in your sig is a bit of a b!tchmove. Our comitee of seasoned GR veterans can give us a final ruling.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Drew.
    I appreciate the info. You sound like a very knowledgeable golfer, and it's nice to have you on board. I'm not 100% sure, but I think listing every club distance in your sig is a bit of a b!tchmove. Our comitee of seasoned GR veterans can give us a final ruling.

If that is the general consensus, it will be removed. No big deal to me. I have only been on this website for a few days, but am thoroughly enjoying it.

If that is the general consensus, it will be removed. No big deal to me. I have only been on this website for a few days, but am thoroughly enjoying it.
    Good luck!

Drew.
    Actually, listing what is in your bag at all in your sig is a B!tchmove.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Guess that makes 90% of this forum a B!TCHMOVE...Should change the website to
    www.B!TCHREVIEW.com.

www.B!TCHREVIEW.com.
    That's been considered, but then we would have to buy out a pornsite for the rites . . . . . .

That's been considered, but then we would have to buy out a pornsite for the rites . . . . . .
    I'm pretty sure Mr. Omen would go in on that investment due to his current "situation" at home...

www.B!TCHREVIEW.com.
    Maybe if there were nothing but h.omos from Boston here. But there's a variety of dudes. Thanks for the suggestion though. Anything else we can do to make you more comfortable, let us know.
    GR lives...

I must concur that this is correct.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I must concur that this is correct.
    I agree, only a schmuck would post their equipment in their signature...

So you're 6-5 and play a 46 inch x-flex driver. What do you want, a biscut?

So you're 6-5 and play a 46 inch x-flex driver. What do you want, a biscut?
    With apple butter, if you please, sweetheart.

With apple butter, if you please, sweetheart.
    That's what I thought you'd say. Have a good day Meat.

Seems like there is a definate polarization in GR about listing your club choices. Personally I find it very informative being aware of the type of clubs golfers play. I guess some guys are secretive and don't have the confidence to put their choices out there for peer review.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Seems like there is a definate polarization in GR about listing your club choices. Personally I find it very informative being aware of the type of clubs golfers play. I guess some guys are secretive and don't have the confidence to put their choices out there for peer review.
    Or maybe it just takes up space that no one looks at anyway. I don't find it interesting or informative to know what's in another guy's bag. Iron technology hasn't improved since the Ping Eye 2 so what's the point? Is posting your club choices another way of trying to define who you are?

Or maybe it just takes up space that no one looks at anyway. I don't find it interesting or informative to know what's in another guy's bag. Iron technology hasn't improved since the Ping Eye 2 so what's the point? Is posting your club choices another way of trying to define who you are?
    Ya, it doesn't make much sense to ask how some one likes their clubs when you don't know what kind of player they are. I can compare it to seeing guys on the beach when I'm windsurfing. I'll come in and they ask, "How big of sail and board are you using" which is relative to windspeed/water conditions when they don't know how good I am, how much I weigh or anything about me. Useless information.....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Every action we will ever take defines who we are.
    This bag listing does not really apply to you. Even though you do not list you're choices we are all more than aware of what you play, at least in the iron department.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Ya, it doesn't make much sense to ask how some one likes their clubs when you don't know what kind of player they are. I can compare it to seeing guys on the beach when I'm windsurfing. I'll come in and they ask, "How big of sail and board are you using" which is relative to windspeed/water conditions when they don't know how good I am, how much I weigh or anything about me. Useless information.....
    Just because you two buddies have got some long awaited match coming up it dosen't mean you need to be double teaming. We will look forward to seeing what the state of affairs is once you two have met in the heat of battle.
    You will be closer than ever I imagine. Sweet, two buddies backing up each other.

Every action we will ever take defines who we are.
    Agreed. That is precisely why I take great pains to leave my awesome clubs out of my signature. I don't like to make people uncomfortable and self-conscious of their own horrible club choices (aka life decisions) by having to stare at mine. I guess I am just more humble than most.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Just because you two buddies have got some long awaited match coming up it dosen't mean you need to be double teaming. We will look forward to seeing what the state of affairs is once you two have met in the heat of battle.
    You will be closer than ever I imagine. Sweet, two buddies backing up each other.
    Ironic ain't it? You woulda ever thunk me and FD would be friends.....When he starts ta b!itching about my bagpipe playing I'll just tell 'em I'm serenading him....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Agreed. That is precisely why I take great pains to leave my awesome clubs out of my signature. I don't like to make people uncomfortable and self-conscious of their own horrible club choices (aka life decisions) by having to stare at mine. I guess I am just more humble than most.
    As evidenced by your new sig.

BTW I like it!

Thread Information