|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ping G15 or Cobra S9 Irons?

hjhjhghjhgjhgjhgj
    Last edited by bg49er1319; 03-01-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Quit pissing around with what your golfing buddies are playing with and go buy yourself a set of Mizuno player's irons.

There will likely be a lot of horse shite shoveled into this thread following my post, but be strong enough to close the thread now since you have received the best answer you are going to get.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I saw where you were already getting a lot of bad advice in your other thread. I wanted to bump this one so you would be sure to see it and follow it closely. Ask the moderators to close this thread and delete your other one and you will start dropping strokes immediately upon purchasing your new set of Mizuno irons like I did.

Go get a new set of MP-68... Edgey may have a next-to-new set sitting around

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Go get a new set of MP-68... Edgey may have a next-to-new set sitting around
    This is blatant plagiarism!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    This is blatant plagiarism!
    No doubt it's a repeat...

That's like asking "Christina Kim or Laura Davies?". There is no correct answer, either option is unacceptable.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    That's like asking "Christina Kim or Laura Davies?". There is no correct answer, either option is unacceptable.
    I can't think of any posts on GR that are as accurate as this one. Well..except for maybe some of LarryRSF's posts.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

don't buy a set of shovels no matter what you do !! i've just switched from a set of mizuno's to the taylormade mb's and the mizuno do wonders for your game , they'll let you know when you do something wrong and reward your good shots ! look at some of their dual cavs like the mp57 !

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Quit pissing around with what your golfing buddies are playing with and go buy yourself a set of Mizuno player's irons.

There will likely be a lot of horse shite shoveled into this thread following my post, but be strong enough to close the thread now since you have received the best answer you are going to get.

Sooner, with all due respect, isn't the MP-52 the largest MP iron out there with the largest cavity? Just because it's forged doesn't disqualify it from being a chopper club. I tried the MP-52 and the MP-62 at the range and I thought the 62 felt much better. Just my 2 cents which is worth it's weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Sooner, with all due respect, isn't the MP-52 the largest MP iron out there with the largest cavity? Just because it's forged doesn't disqualify it from being a chopper club. I tried the MP-52 and the MP-62 at the range and I thought the 62 felt much better. Just my 2 cents which is worth it's weight in gold.
    You are correct, however, going from POS GI shovel cavity irons that I played for 6 years and buying the MP-52s, the MP-52s were clearly more difficult to play. I bought the 52s because I was afraid that at the time blades would be too big of a jump for me, and I think they would have been. The 52s ended up being the best transition for me at the time and they got me ready for my current playing set, the MP-67s.

I have no regrets in buying the 52s at all, they are a great transitional club to play after playing GI shovels and I still like to get them out and play them sometimes especially whenever it is wet because the sole is a bit wider than my 67s or 33s.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    You are correct, however, going from POS GI shovel cavity irons that I played for 6 years and buying the MP-52s, the MP-52s were clearly more difficult to play. I bought the 52s because I was afraid that at the time blades would be too big of a jump for me, and I think they would have been. The 52s ended up being the best transition for me at the time and they got me ready for my current playing set, the MP-67s.

I have no regrets in buying the 52s at all, they are a great transitional club to play after playing GI shovels and I still like to get them out and play them sometimes especially whenever it is wet because the sole is a bit wider than my 67s or 33s.
    If I were in your position I'd keep the 52s for later on down the track when you don't quite have the strength and flexibility to hit blades. If you look at the Seniors Tour they all play CBs of some description.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

If I were in your position I'd keep the 52s for later on down the track when you don't quite have the strength and flexibility to hit blades. If you look at the Seniors Tour they all play CBs of some description.
    I know for a fact that Nicklaus still plays blades and I think Watson does as well (hybrids excluded). At last years par 3 tournament I looked very closely at Nicklaus' clubs and there was no doubt they were blades. In some ways I wish all clubs were required to be full blades with no cavity and all drivers made out of persimmon. Courses could be shorter and working the ball would come back into play. Honestly, I don't think my scores would be any different if I went back to my Wilson FG-17's, Cleveland persimmon driver and 8802 putter. I think in some ways the new equipment can hurt your game. The drivers are too long and the big irons produce sloppy swings.

I know for a fact that Nicklaus still plays blades and I think Watson does as well (hybrids excluded). At last years par 3 tournament I looked very closely at Nicklaus' clubs and there was no doubt they were blades. In some ways I wish all clubs were required to be full blades with no cavity and all drivers made out of persimmon. Courses could be shorter and working the ball would come back into play. Honestly, I don't think my scores would be any different if I went back to my Wilson FG-17's, Cleveland persimmon driver and 8802 putter. I think in some ways the new equipment can hurt your game. The drivers are too long and the big irons produce sloppy swings.
    Watson plays Adams so there is no way he is playing blades, and Nicklaus can't break 100 so who cares what that washed up bum plays. As you may be aware, Irwin and Pavin win ALL the money and they play regular graphite shaft Big Berthas.

I am keeping the 52s but I will soon be replacing the shafts. I'm pulling the graphite shafts and putting in some Nippon 1150s I bought off fleabay recently.

Watson plays Adams so there is no way he is playing blades, and Nicklaus can't break 100 so who cares what that washed up bum plays. As you may be aware, Irwin and Pavin win ALL the money and they play regular graphite shaft Big Berthas.
    Irwin and Pavin aren't on the Callaway Staff list you big joker you. I have tried Callaway clubs and i think they feel awful. I tried the FT iron and it was horrible feeling and horrible looking...just like a bad snatch.

Irwin and Pavin aren't on the Callaway Staff list you big joker you. I have tried Callaway clubs and i think they feel awful. I tried the FT iron and it was horrible feeling and horrible looking...just like a bad snatch.
    Are you saying that Larry doesn't know what he's talking about? Or maybe he was talking about what he uses, which I wrongly assumed must be what the golfers he refers to in his posts use.

Thread Information