|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA Crying

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.

USA Crying

Watching some American news programing this morning and everyone is crying how the Canadian women's hockey team celebrated too much after the game they got shut out in.

Of course in true news reporting fashion they failed to mention a quarter of the US team was out on the ice as well as the Bronze winners, Finnish team, were out there as well soaking up the atmosphere as well.

sore losers, much?

Want to see a celebration? Wait for the Men's Canadian Gold in Hockey.

No one cares about womens hockey. Not even Canadians. God you're dumb.

Here is a news flash for your River:
    Nobody in America cares about hockey.
    Nobody cares about women's sports...unless the women are hot and wearing skimpy outfits...even then they don't care, but people are more apt to watch.
    Furthermore, I bet less than 5% of Americans even knew there was a sport called women's hockey.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB2
    No one cares about womens hockey. Not even Canadians. God you're dumb.
    jinx...but so obvious and so true
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Funny, it was reported on an American network.

Typical American mentality, if it's something you don't excel at, trash it as unimportant and meaningless.

The NHL is something American business men started so they could have a tax write-off and appease their diplomatic duties to the neighbors up North. Americans don't give .02 about hockey . . . . . . especially women's hockey.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist

Typical American mentality, if it's something you don't excel at, trash it as unimportant and meaningless.
    The people, including Americans, in Vancouver probably did care about it, RO, but I assure you that the rest of the United States does not. Sorry, but this is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    The people, including Americans, in Vancouver probably did care about it, RO, but I assure you that the rest of the United States does not. Sorry, but this is the truth.
    Care enough to whine about it.

The NHL is something American business men started so they could have a tax write-off and appease their diplomatic duties to the neighbors up North. Americans don't give .02 about hockey . . . . . . especially women's hockey.
    You of all people should know its about gambling.

You should look into hockey betting. I have a brother-in-law making a living picking strictly the over/under in nhl hockey the last 4 years.

You of all people should know its about gambling.

You should look into hockey betting. I have a brother-in-law making a living picking strictly the over/under in nhl hockey the last 4 years.
    I've dabbled in it, but I do not know the game well enough to want to lose too much money to it. I do know one guy that is pretty good at handicapping the sport though . . . . .

My take on the coverage was that regular 'mericans were a bit bemused that the demure Canuk girls wasted no time breaking out the stogies and whiskey. The obvious implication is that, absent the cameras and media, these chix mighty have peeled off the pads and mixed it up.

Most american girls, athletes included, tend not to enjoy cigars in public and are fairly careful about pounding the hard liquor. 'Course maybe up in the north woods cigars and booze are as common as a white wine and a cigarette down here ... no accounting for taste.
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Quote Originally Posted by Regulation Guy
    My take on the coverage was that regular 'mericans were a bit bemused that the demure Canuk girls wasted no time breaking out the stogies and whiskey. The obvious implication is that, absent the cameras and media, these chix mighty have peeled off the pads and mixed it up.

Most american girls, athletes included, tend not to enjoy cigars in public and are fairly careful about pounding the hard liquor. 'Course maybe up in the north woods cigars and booze are as common as a white wine and a cigarette down here ... no accounting for taste.
    American girls just get pounded BY cigars and smoked by heads of state.

American girls just get pounded BY cigars and smoked by heads of state.
    Ka-Ching!!! Nice comeback!

Gotta agree with River here. All you Yanks haven't wasted any time bragging about any medals that you do win. But when you lose it's "We got news for you, nobody cares!"

Come on guys you can't have it both ways.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

C'mon you can't seriously be bragging on women's hockey. It's one of those shame medals that should actually subtract from your total medal count. The US is down a gold because that Evan guy won figure skating too.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    C'mon you can't seriously be bragging on women's hockey. It's one of those shame medals that should actually subtract from your total medal count. The US is down a gold because that Evan guy won figure skating too.
    Who's bragging? I'm just pointing out the fact that Americans think they are the only titled and privileged ones that can celebrate in good fashion.

If you want to celebrate, play harder and Win The Game!

You'll see me bragging when the Men take the gold and Canada, a 10th the size, takes more gold overall than the U.S.

Who's bragging? I'm just pointing out the fact that Americans think they are the only titled and privileged ones that can celebrate in good fashion.

If you want to celebrate, play harder and Win The Game!

You'll see me bragging when the Men take the gold and Canada, a 10th the size, takes more gold overall than the U.S.
    Even if you win today, you still fail for losing to a nobody gives a chit US team earlier this week.

Nobody gives a ****? The US Vs Canada game was the most viewed olympic sport of ALL TIME. 8.2 million in the US (nbc) and over 10 million in Canada.

To put that in perspective you'd understand, The viewership was just shy of MSNBC’s record viewership of coverage of John McCain’s concession speech.

Take your head out of your arse.

Nobody gives a ****? The US Vs Canada game was the most viewed olympic sport of ALL TIME. 8.2 million in the US (nbc) and over 10 million in Canada.

To put that in perspective you'd understand, The viewership was just shy of MSNBC’s record viewership of coverage of John McCain’s concession speech.

Take your head out of your arse.
    You gotta remember HB, Purist, SoonerBS etc pretend not to give a shite and put forth the notion that their views represent the views of ALL Americans.

They prefer sports where they are guaranteed to win, like a World Series or Superbowl.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Looks like a pretty typical Canadian hockey celebration to me. Break out the booze and stogies and drink until you pass out at center ice.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

He won it over the arrogant Ruskie though and pissed him off, so that makes it legit.

I don't see a single one of those women I would want to bone. Of course, women hockey players probably don't like the bone, they'd prefer the muff . . . . .

I don't see a single one of those women I would want to bone. . .
    Liar

Regards,
    Riverologist

Liar

Regards,
    Riverologist
    OK, you got me, I could probably find 4 or 5 . . . . .

My hat is off to the Canadians for the balls they are showing in this Olympics -- not only the athletes, but also the judges. Apollo Ohno obviously did not push off in his race on the Canadian, but the head judge, who just happened to be a Canadian, called a disqualification on Ohno which just so happened to allow the Canadians to win a gold and silver medal in the race. Very convenient. I didn't think the Canadians had it in them to allow the allure of more medals to override better judgment . . . . . very impressive.

I'm with Sooner on this. Piss off IOC, Canada just won the gold medal in our home country. I can't stand Canada thanks to those a$shole French Canadians who think they're something special other than future special olympics participants.. However with that put aside, they just won their sport in their country. Let them celebrate however the hell they want.

The chicks that were underage for drinking in Canada.. Maybe a lapse in judgment but whatever. Leave it to the IOC to make a huge deal over something stupid. They SHOULD be making a big deal over how that douchebag Canadian judge DQ'ed Ohno when the Korean and Canadian guy were bumping and pushing each other in that final turn as well. The judge was probably from Quebec. Guaranteed POS.

It's clear. He was pushed. His hand was right on the Canadian's side. What footage are they showing down there?

Just more American whining. I'll get ready for it for the next couple days as our golf medal count overrides the US. According to the GR binding poll on medal importance, we are the most dominate country. Better get your alter egos to go vote.

My hat is off to the Canadians for the balls they are showing in this Olympics -- not only the athletes, but also the judges. Apollo Ohno obviously did not push off in his race on the Canadian, but the head judge, who just happened to be a Canadian, called a disqualification on Ohno which just so happened to allow the Canadians to win a gold and silver medal in the race. Very convenient. I didn't think the Canadians had it in them to allow the allure of more medals to override better judgment . . . . . very impressive.
    yeah i was watching that too... that pissed me straight off.... i mean its such a blatant mis-call on the canadian judge, i mean for real did he not see all the pushing going on by the other skaters or just Ohno...

it always amuses me, everyone in the world hates America apparently....... until they need something then they act like we owe them some help or something.... the world is seriously jacked...

how bout this IF canada beats the US in hockey on sunday then you can keep on bragging and whatever and i'll even make this thread a sticky... but if they lose then you have to write an apology in your signature for the folowing
    1- being canadian
    2- acusing americans of whining
    3- the queer judges from canada who obviously only care about canadains winning not the person who crosses the finish line first
    4- being canadian

but i guess this is your only moment to shine on the global stage i mean why should we take that away from you... after all i mean you are from canada and what has canada ever given the world??? well maybe russel peters was a positive... but thats about it...

It's clear. He was pushed. His hand was right on the Canadian's side. What footage are they showing down there?

Just more American whining. I'll get ready for it for the next couple days as our golf medal count overrides the US. According to the GR binding poll on medal importance, we are the most dominate country. Better get your alter egos to go vote.
    You are a d!ckhead.

Do you think an American hockey player, touching another American hockey player that softly would send him to the ice?
    Of course not.

Obviously, if an American softly touched a Canadian hockey player like that, the Canadian would fall down like a little b!tch, and any Canadian would agree, including the Canadian judge that felt the same way today.

You freaking Canadians cannot even skate (not you Boomhauer), so a gentle hand to feel out your place in a race sends him flying... Good thing there was a Canadian judge that discerned that there was enough pressure to send a Canuck flying off the ice; doesn't take much for an American to send a Canuck flying...

The USA clowned your dumb ass Canuck hockey players last week; no contest... You Canadians were falling all over the ice rink, just like the Canuck did today when Ohno barely touched him, and the Canadian flew head first, upside down into the wall; Canadians can not even skate in a circle, let alone play hockey.

The funny thing is, we do not care about hockey here in America; we just laugh at you retard Canucks getting pushed head first into the ice with a light touch; hockey or racing...

The Americans will show up buzzed/drunk to the Gold Medal match, and, when they touch a Canadian hockey player, like Ohno did, they will fall head first into the wall, as all Canadians do; River, you are the one that said it, and i completely agree with you.

You know what? ... with the skill you jackasses have on ice up there in Canada, maybe you are right, river...

Since Ohno barely touched the Canadian on the ice, I can understand, as you do, why the Canuck flipped over backwards/forwards and slammed his head into the whole fricking wall, ass over tea kettle...

That little touch was probably a sucker punch from a Canuck's point of view...

River, you make my point; Canadians, cannot handle a little touch on ice, be it speed skating or hockey; you retards are going to get your asses handed to you soon...

Oh, and also, (rambling here in this post, but making a point) so if Ohno landed his fingers, like a fly on the Canuck's hip, and sent that retarded Canadian, head first into a wall, then Canada needs to learn how to skate on ice...

If a Canuck judge believes it was enough to to force a Canuck into a wall, then I rest my case that Canuck's can get their asses kicked really easily; don't come to America, River, with an attitude... Sh!t, we will blow on you and knock your ass down...

You Canadians are going to get owned in the Gold Medal match in hockey; you Canadians lack the toughness of those born and raised in a current World Power...

Damn, if Canadians think a touch like that sends a man to the ice (Not in the USA; never in my life has this happened) then you girls need to... I don't know... take up quilting?

Quilting is safer.

Last edited by spanqdoggie; 02-26-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360

it always amuses me, everyone in the world hates America apparently....... until they need something then they act like we owe them some help or something....

I'd like you to name a few things as Canadians, we have come begging to the USA for?

We didn't come begging for a world wide recession, but thank for that anyway.

I'll name a few the US has come to Canada begging for in the recent past.

1. War in Iraq.... and told you to go suck a dick (rightfully so)
    2. War in Afghanistan
    3. Landing your air traffic on 9/11 in Canadian cities....and hosting those people in OUR citizen's homes.
    4. OIL. We are your largest supplier.

You really need to check your god complex and get a little reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    You are a d!ckhead.

Do you think an American hockey player, touching another American hockey player that softly would send him to the ice?
    Of course not.

Obviously, if an American softly touched a Canadian hockey player like that, the Canadian would fall down like a little b!tch, and any Canadian would agree, including the Canadian judge that felt the same way today.

You freaking Canadians cannot even skate (not you Boomhauer), so a gentle hand to feel out your place in a race sends him flying... Good thing there was a Canadian judge that discerned that there was enough pressure to send a Canuck flying off the ice; doesn't take much for an American to send a Canuck flying...

You know what? ... with the skill you jackasses have on ice up there in Canada, maybe you are right, river...

Since Ohno barely touched a Canadian on the ice, I can see the Canuck flipped over backwards/forwards and slammed his head into the whole fricking thing... that was probably a sucker punch from a Canuck's point of view...

River, you make my point; Canadians, cannot handle a little touch on ice, be it speed skating or hockey; you retards are going to get your asses handed to you soon...

Oh, and also, (rambling here in this post, but making a point) so if Ohno landed his fingers, like a fly on the Canuck's hip, and sent that retarded Canadian, head first into a wall, then Canada needs to learn how to skate on ice...

If a Canuck judge believes it was enough to to force a Canuck into a wall, then I rest my case that Canuck's can get their asses kicked really easily; don't come to America, River, with an attitude... Sh!t, we will blow on you and knock your ass down...

You Canadians are going to get owned in the Gold Medal match in hockey; you Canadians lack the toughness of those born and raised in a current World Power...

Damn, if Canadians think a touch like that sends a man to the ice (Not in the USA; never in my life has this happened) then you girls need to... I don't know... take up quilting?

Quilting is safer.

*Yawn*
    You said something?

*Yawn*
    You said something?
    Exactly.

When one stares at something so awesome and true, as my last post, one is reduced to wonderment.

River, you have just been rendered speechless.

Don't worry River, it happens to everyone at some point in their GR sojourn.

Basically you just got owned.

You are walking around GR like you own the place, what? Oh, I love how classy you have raised your Canuck daughters over there; cigars and hard liquor? ... not for a lady down here.

Frankly, I didn't know there was even hockey for chicks until I read about the cigars, hard liquor, and underage drinking your icebilly daughters are doing up there...

Go shoot a moose.

Retard.

Last edited by spanqdoggie; 02-27-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Exactly.

When one stares at something so awesome and true, as my last post, one is reduced to wonderment.

River, you have just been rendered speechless.

Don't worry River, it happens to everyone at some point in their GR sojourn

Basically you just got owned.

You are walking around GR like you own the place, what? Oh, I love how classy you have raised your Canuck daughters over there; cigars and hard liquor? ... not for a lady down here.

Frankly, I didn't know there was even hockey for chicks until I read about the cigars, hard liquor, and underage drinking your icebilly daughters are doing up there...

Go shoot a moose.

Retard.

spank

I try not to feed the trolls under the bridge.
    I'll let your eloquent diatribe speak for itself. I'm sure everyone is use to it by now.

I try not to feed the trolls under the bridge.
    I'll let your eloquent diatribe speak for itself. I'm sure everyone is use to it by now.
    You are alright.

I think you are smart, cool and all... but this whole "Canadians thinking they can ice skate/race/play hockey" (not you Boomhauer) ticks me off... nothing personal. ;-)

I like you, but Canada already got their ass handed to them by the USA, and will get another ass whooping on Sunday... We do not even care down here in America...

I could go up there and kick your ass on skates in hockey, River, and I don't even skate.

...touch you like Ohno touched another Canuck, and River will drop like a fly from bug spray.

Any Canuck judge would agree I hit you too hard when you fly head first into the wall, and I turn around and ask, "Did I touch him?"

Canucks are just built differently; River agrees.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 02-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.

There is a difference between touching and pushing. Ohno just had his hand on him but never extended his arm in force. That is called touching, not pushing. I'm sure that the Canadian judge will stand out as a hero in Canada, but to the rest of the International world sees him as an embarrassment. It's not all his fault though, I have always contended that a host country should never have any of their own judges judging Olympic events. It just sets up too much pressure on these guys to make "homer" decisions when given the opportunity.

What makes this even worse is the fact that the Canadian that placed first was caught on film with his hand on the Korean skater just before the Korean skater wiped out. So, in essence, the Canadian judge gave his own countryman a pass, but disqualified Ohno for the same action. That is a blatant b!tchmove to everyone but the Canadians.

Exactly. Ohno was doing what everyone else does and that's put a hand on them but not extend an arm. Sooner said what I was going to and that's the Canadian skater with his hand on the Korean's skate. The Korean also had a hand on the canuck's leg or something as they all started to fall.

They really should have just DQ'ed everyone and made them start all over. I assume that's what you have to do when they all get KO'ed?

I'd like you to name a few things as Canadians, we have come begging to the USA for?

We didn't come begging for a world wide recession, but thank for that anyway.

I'll name a few the US has come to Canada begging for in the recent past.

1. War in Iraq.... and told you to go suck a dick (rightfully so)
    2. War in Afghanistan
    3. Landing your air traffic on 9/11 in Canadian cities....and hosting those people in OUR citizen's homes.
    4. OIL. We are your largest supplier.

You really need to check your god complex and get a little reality check.

first off it's called a joke... but you are canadian so i guess you don't have a sense of humor....

but...
    1. war in Iraq was to benefit who??? oh yeah the entire world... not just us.... but youre welcome for making the world safer so ya'll can cheat in the olympics...
    2. see number 1... and also do you REALLY think that we need your help with that war?? no.. it's just the polite thing to do... we are ridding the world of the schoolyard bully and thought it might be something everyone would want to get in on, to prove a point to them... but i mean the Canadian army?? plus i'm pretty sure ya'll sent troops anyways... i could be wrong however i dont care about canadian news...
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/oct2001/can-o16.shtml
    3. yeah we'll next time we'll just land in the hudson....
    4. thanks clinton... the USA has the bigger oil deposites than any other nation in the world according to sat imagery... but thanks to certain former presidents it is apparently "unsafe" to drill here... but safe for countries to drill off-shore their own country...

I'm sure it's safe to know that no one on this board is remotly informed of speed skating rules, whats allowed/disallowed.

Saying that,

His hand pushed off his hip ran up pushing on his entire side. He's been having heavy contact in almost every race this Olympics and he finally gets DQ'd. To say the Canadian wasn't pushed and was just taking a dive is ridiculous.

To answer the question about if they all get dq'd....they just ran a final B group of skaters and then they become the medalists.

"To answer the question about if they all get dq'd....they just ran a final B group of skaters and then they become the medalists."

Really? That's pretty lame.

I didn't think the Canadian took a dive, it just looked to me like there was a jam up and incidental contact, kinda like what happened to the two Koreans in the other final where they took each other out.

Canadian gold exports look promising...

Just a heads-up for any potential American investors.

That was bad... I must apologize. Being Canadian I'm not too skilled at gloating.

There, I apologized for being Canadian.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

yeah i was watching that too... that pissed me straight off.... i mean its such a blatant mis-call on the canadian judge, i mean for real did he not see all the pushing going on by the other skaters or just Ohno...

it always amuses me, everyone in the world hates America apparently....... until they need something then they act like we owe them some help or something.... the world is seriously jacked...

how bout this IF canada beats the US in hockey on sunday then you can keep on bragging and whatever and i'll even make this thread a sticky... but if they lose then you have to write an apology in your signature for the folowing
    1- being canadian
    3- the queer judges from canada who obviously only care about canadains winning not the person who crosses the finish line first
    4- being canadian

but i guess this is your only moment to shine on the global stage i mean why should we take that away from you... after all i mean you are from canada and what has canada ever given the world??? well maybe russel peters was a positive... but thats about it...
    Isn't it about time to make this thread a stickie?

Hmmmm Mr. Pro.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

[QUOTE=pingman360]

1- being canadian
    4- being canadian

That's ****ing HARSH!

You are a d!ckhead.

Of course not.

The USA clowned your dumb ass Canuck hockey players last week; no contest... You Canadians were falling all over the ice rink, just like the Canuck did today when Ohno barely touched him, and the Canadian flew head first, upside down into the wall; Canadians can not even skate in a circle, let alone play hockey.

The funny thing is, we do not care about hockey here in America; we just laugh at you retard Canucks getting pushed head first into the ice with a light touch; hockey or racing...

The Americans will show up buzzed/drunk to the Gold Medal match, and, when they touch a Canadian hockey player, like Ohno did, they will fall head first into the wall, as all Canadians do; River, you are the one that said it, and i completely agree with you.

Since Ohno barely touched the Canadian on the ice, I can understand, as you do, why the Canuck flipped over backwards/forwards and slammed his head into the whole fricking wall, ass over tea kettle...

That little touch was probably a sucker punch from a Canuck's point of view...

Quilting is safer.

You win the award for using the word "Canadians" the most in one post. Congratulations.

Oh, and Congrats on your silver medal.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    You win the award for using the word "Canadians" the most in one post. Congratulations.

Oh, and Congrats on your silver medal.
    It's a silver medal we were not suppose to win in this event, in fact, most experts had the Americans landing out of the medals altogether in this event before it started. We'll gladly take the silver knowing we had to make the Canadians work damn hard to win the gold.

Have anything to say, Spank?

It's a silver medal we were not suppose to win in this event, in fact, most experts had the Americans landing out of the medals altogether in this event before it started. We'll gladly take the silver knowing we had to make the Canadians work damn hard to win the gold.

Like I said in the other thread - you guys should be damn proud of your boys' performance in the game today. They played a hell of a game and you guys had a better chance at the gold than we Canadians would have liked. I've got nothing but praise for your boys right now.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Like I said in the other thread - you guys should be damn proud of your boys' performance in the game today. They played a hell of a game and you guys had a better chance at the gold than we Canadians would have liked. I've got nothing but praise for your boys right now.

FON
    Hey. **** off. You're ruining it!

Hey. **** off. You're ruining it!

Just staying classy.

Graceful in victory...

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Just staying classy.

Graceful in victory...

FON

Hahahaha. Classy dosen't pay more.

FON
    Both teams gave us a heck of a game and a fitting end to the Olympics IMO.

Both teams gave us a heck of a game and a fitting end to the Olympics IMO.

I agree. That game was pure win for the sport of hockey, and for these Olympics.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

To be honest, the guys that are far and away the best team but get beat once and then get taken to overtime by a far inferior team in the gold medal game are the losers. The guys that did that to them are the winners.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    To be honest, the guys that are far and away the best team but get beat once and then get taken to overtime by a far inferior team in the gold medal game are the losers. The guys that did that to them are the winners.

Just keep telling that to your silver medals...

PS - I hate Patrick "20 cent" Kane. I also hate "Cryin'" Ryan Kesler.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Have anything to say, Spank?
    Yeah... First hockey game I ever watched in my life.

Damn, how does anyone skate like that? I snowboard, but I do not ice skate: backwards, forwards, stopping on a dime, damn.

It looked like Canada was stronger in this game, and the U.S. may have peaked early; ha ha, you Canadians were so worried when the game got tied into overtime, that I felt sorry for you.

I suppose if I wore ice skates to school, skating for my life from moose, during my entire childhood I would be pretty good on ice skates.

It was a good game, and I do not even know the rules, ha ha. If the U.S. won, we really wouldn't care; it means more to Canucks I believe.

I had fun silencing you Canucks for over 2 days on this forum about this game; not a word.

Good game. I am glad I don't care, or I would be really upset.

yeah it was a good game... i was really bummed that the US didn't bring home the gold... but ya gotta tip the hat to the Canadians... the controlled the game much better this time and learned a lot it seemed from the first USA vs Canada game...

not taking anything away from the Canadian victory here... but i do think the the finals maybe should be a 3 game system or something of that sort, i mean the US beat Canada once, and Canada beat the US once... but by the rules established Canada receives the gold, i simply think a truer representation would be given if more games were played...
    i'm not saying that the USA would win, just simply saying that the system might be looked at a little...

Yeah... First hockey game I ever watched in my life.

Damn, how does anyone skate like that? I snowboard, but I do not ice skate: backwards, forwards, stopping on a dime, damn.

It looked like Canada was stronger in this game, and the U.S. may have peaked early; ha ha, you Canadians were so worried when the game got tied into overtime, that I felt sorry for you.

I suppose if I wore ice skates to school, skating for my life from moose, during my entire childhood I would be pretty good on ice skates.

It was a good game, and I do not even know the rules, ha ha. If the U.S. won, we really wouldn't care; it means more to Canucks I believe.

I had fun silencing you Canucks for over 2 days on this forum about this game; not a word.

Good game. I am glad I don't care, or I would be really upset.
    You actually watched the game? Good on you man. I hope you found it entertaining, in spite of the outcome. Hockey is a real man's game - I figured you'd appreciate that.

There's no shame for you not knowing what's going on in a game, or not being able to skate, etc... like you said - if you'd been taught to skate and play at a young age maybe you'd have had more interest. That's what today's game was all about, regardless of the outcome - making sure lots of kids in the US saw their heroes, and fostering a desire in those kids to be the next generation of Olympians... I think today's game went a long way toward establishing that interest. You guys could have had the gold - it just didn't turn out that way... and as we all know, that's just how sports go sometimes.

We're expecting you to take it to the Russians on their home soil in 2014 - that will be your moment. It would be hard to imagine a sweeter victory for the US than that.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

yeah it was a good game... i was really bummed that the US didn't bring home the gold... but ya gotta tip the hat to the Canadians... the controlled the game much better this time and learned a lot it seemed from the first USA vs Canada game...

not taking anything away from the Canadian victory here... but i do think the the finals maybe should be a 3 game system or something of that sort, i mean the US beat Canada once, and Canada beat the US once... but by the rules established Canada receives the gold, i simply think a truer representation would be given if more games were played...
    i'm not saying that the USA would win, just simply saying that the system might be looked at a little...

I'd love to see 3 games of that kind of hockey at the Olympics for the gold...

That was the most exciting hockey game I've ever watched, personally.

I'm sad it's over, really...

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I'd love to see 3 games of that kind of hockey at the Olympics for the gold...

That was the most exciting hockey game I've ever watched, personally.

I'm sad it's over, really...

FON
    that goal with like 24 second left was just the type of thing that could have taken the wind right outta Canada, seen that happen many times before, in both soccer and hockey... but they dealt with it extremely well... just wish there could have been a larger sample so there would be no possible excuse, complaint, or unsureness of who the winner is...

that goal with like 24 second left was just the type of thing that could have taken the wind right outta Canada, seen that happen many times before, in both soccer and hockey... but they dealt with it extremely well... just wish there could have been a larger sample so there would be no possible excuse, complaint, or unsureness of who the winner is...

I'm not gonna lie - I was chewing on my beer bottle after the US tied it up late in the 3rd. I thought they were gonna sh!t the bed and the US was gonna win it - Canada played super passive the last 15 mins of the third period, trying to protect that 1 goal lead, then when the US scored I was thinking "SH!T. Here we go. The boys on GR are gonna have a field day with us Canucks..."

I think we got lucky...

In my honest opinion - once the game became 4-on-4 in OT, you guys didn't stand a chance... we had too much scoring depth up front and you guys were a bit thin on defense. The ice was slanted in our favor right from the opening seconds of OT, just because of that. If the OT had been 5-on-5 then you guys would have had a much better chance.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Wow, You Americans (US citizens, Canadians don't count as Americans anywhere but Canada) must be bummed at having your arses handed to you twice, once in the hockey, and again even more embarrassingly in the medal count. How could you let a third world backwater like Canada win more gold medals than you. Hang your heads in shame.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

It was a great freakin hockey game. I'm still pretty bitter because I hate all that is french canadian (they don't deserve proper capitalization) and Crosby's a little b!tch, but that was a game you couldn't turn off once it started. I'm annoyed Miller didn't cover that near post a little better anbut what can you do.

I'm surprised America gave a damn about the Winter Olympics. I mean it's pretty much one step above the Special Olympics. Minus bobsledding, half pipe, the giant ski jump, the slalom track, and speed skating, the events are borderline homosexual and/or incredibly boring. It's really just a pity party for those countries that can't compete in the real Olympics. We don't really care and we still won the medal count. The only reason hockey was exciting was because hockey's badass, and because we barely lost with a rookie squad to the country that invented the sport.

This entire post was dedicated to the french canadians. May they all burn in Hell.

On Gary Busey's Twitter account today:

"Congratulations to the Canadians for narrowly defeating the only 20 guys who care about hockey in America."

A couple of thoughts about this Olympics...
    1.) The only crying I saw was from that pathetic Canuck ice dancer whose Mommy died. What a pathetic joke of a shame bronze medal.
    2.) The US outscored Canada by one goal in the 2 games and they split the series. Does the US win outright or is there another game scheduled?

Just kidding Canucks. Great last few days from you to get all those golds. Yesterday was the first time I watched a hockey game in entirety. Pretty entertaining and I could actually see myself watching a game in person if it were played within 100 miles of my house.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

A couple of thoughts about this Olympics...
    1.) The only crying I saw was from that pathetic Canuck ice dancer whose Mommy died. What a pathetic joke of a shame bronze medal.
    2.) The US outscored Canada by one goal in the 2 games and they split the series. Does the US win outright or is there another game scheduled?

Just kidding Canucks. Great last few days from you to get all those golds. Yesterday was the first time I watched a hockey game in entirety. Pretty entertaining and I could actually see myself watching a game in person if it were played within 100 miles of my house.
    And, if there was plenty of cold cheap beer to keep you company . . . . .

And, if there was plenty of cold cheap beer to keep you company . . . . .
    Well in reality, it would take a lot more than that to get me to watch a hockey game in person, but I'm try to be humble.
    Transportation to and from the game, free tickets, all the beer I could drink, guarantee of at least 1 fight per period. This might get me to a game, provided I had absolutely nothing else to do.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Well in reality, it would take a lot more than that to get me to watch a hockey game in person, but I'm try to be humble.
    Transportation to and from the game, free tickets, all the beer I could drink, guarantee of at least 1 fight per period. This might get me to a game, provided I had absolutely nothing else to do.

You are a true American, HB . . . . . .

On Gary Busey's Twitter account today:

"Congratulations to the Canadians for narrowly defeating the only 20 guys who care about hockey in America."

Surprisingly, an apparently Canadian subset of the NHL was able to defeat the US subset of the NHL?

Hockey fans did report that the quality of the competition as "high" and seemed to enjoy the events.

That said, in the winter games, most seem to prefer those events that last only a minute or so ... any longer and attention starts to wander....
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

not taking anything away from the Canadian victory here... but i do think the the finals maybe should be a 3 game system or something of that sort, i mean the US beat Canada once, and Canada beat the US once.. but by the rules established Canada receives the gold, i simply think a truer representation would be given if more games were played...
    Crying about the rules, officiating, someone forgot their lucky jock strap.....always something.

Listen, there is a reason you guys make feature films about winning Olympic gold with the word miracle in it. Cause it never, nor should happen.

We had to take the long road to the medal match.

Despite FON's attempt at diplomatic relations, kindness and all the BS apologetic ass kissing, you got beat by the best team.

Crying about the rules, officiating, someone forgot their lucky jock strap.....always something.

Listen, there is a reason you guys make feature films about winning Olympic gold with the word miracle in it. Cause it never, nor should happen.

Despite FON's attempt at diplomatic relations, kindness and all the BS apologetic ass kissing, you got beat by the best team.
    whatever man i said ya'll won fair and square by the rules, and rightfully got the gold... i just feel that both teams only lost 1x yet because yall won a certain gam you get the gold... i just think that there is a more surefire way to decided the champion without any questions...

ok since we suck at hockey so much we'll just shut down the NHL... good luck playing for a living if that happens...

and finally... you got beaten by us so you could say you got beaten by the best team...

They normally have hot chicks go around and pick up some of the excess ice shavings during intermissions and stoppage. They also come into the stands and do something useless, but they look pretty hot the majority of the time.

Hockey's really fun during the playoffs. That's about the only time I give a damn like with baseball.

Every Canadian knows you don't try to out run a moose.

Watching some American news programing this morning and everyone is crying how the Canadian women's hockey team celebrated too much after the game they got shut out in.

Of course in true news reporting fashion they failed to mention a quarter of the US team was out on the ice as well as the Bronze winners, Finnish team, were out there as well soaking up the atmosphere as well.

sore losers, much?

Want to see a celebration? Wait for the Men's Canadian Gold in Hockey.
    Not only do Americans not think about hockey but also we don't think about Canada. Where is Canada anyway?

Nice, Riverologist. Way to handle victory with class.

Canada is to be commended for their performance in the Olympics and for the job they did hosting the games. You guys can definitely feel proud. Not as proud as we did about Torino, but proud. And the medal performance was extremely impressive. Golds are worth alot more than the other medals, as I originally voted. It would be impressive results for any country, no less a country of drunks.

Italy really stepped up this time with 5 total medals including 1 gold. Wow.
    GR lives...

Nice, Riverologist. Way to handle victory with class.
    I left that to FON.
    I just assume all class goes out the door when you log on to GR. Plus, my post was a response. I didn't come on waving it in his face.

But what's it matter, no one cares apparently.

Pingman just proved my point of the thread title.....Americans crying to the end when outcomes don't go their way.

He couldn't just say, good victory, fulfill his promises to sticky the thread etc....he had to add in that the tournament rules are basically garbage and unfair that helped contribute to the Canadian win. No acknowledgment that we had to play an extra game, face the Russians and that Canada has the best hockey program in the world and it shows by two gold medals in mens and womens hockey.

No one here can give credit where credit is due.

I left that to FON.
    I just assume all class goes out the door when you log on to GR. Plus, my post was a response. I didn't come on waving it in his face.

But what's it matter, no one cares apparently.

Pingman just proved my point of the thread title.....Americans crying to the end when outcomes don't go their way.

He couldn't just say, good victory, fulfill his promises to sticky the thread etc....he had to add in that the tournament rules are basically garbage and unfair that helped contribute to the Canadian win. No acknowledgment that we had to play an extra game, face the Russians and that Canada has the best hockey program in the world and it shows by two gold medals in mens and womens hockey.

No one here can give credit where credit is due.
    you sir are a prick and only read what you want to see... i first congratualed you and said you won fairly... i simply said that i wish the rules were a little different so that there would be no doubt of who should have the gold medal... i never complained about the rules being unfair, because everyone has to play by the same rules, i only suggested that there was a more effective method in finding who the true champion is...

grow a set and admit you have something against Americans...

you sir are a prick and only read what you want to see... i first congratualed you and said you won fairly... i simply said that i wish the rules were a little different so that there would be no doubt of who should have the gold medal... i never complained about the rules being unfair, because everyone has to play by the same rules, i only suggested that there was a more effective method in finding who the true champion is...

Wow and you guys claim it's the Cannucks that have the small penis syndrome. Me thinks otherwise!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Golden Goal is similar to sudden death playoffs in golf. They might be a bit of a lottery, but if you aren't good enough to beat the other team in regulation time, you don't dserve a more effective way to settle things. Unless you were talkng about both teams having to go to a roadhouse carpark in Branson MO, as that's the official GR way to effectively settle all differences.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

effective method in finding who the true champion is...

A true champion takes the situations given and rules set in place and prevails, finding a way to win.

Canada's done this 8 times. The USA? twice and not in almost 3 decades.

Giving you a 7 game series wouldn't change the outcome. I promise.

A true champion takes the situations given and rules set in place and prevails, finding a way to win.

Canada's done this 8 times. The USA? twice and not in almost 3 decades.

Giving you a 7 game series wouldn't change the outcome. I promise.
    i'm not even saying that at all... i simply saying in future olympics it should maybe be looked into a different finals so something like this doesn't happen...

God forbid Canadians show any patriotism. Here is a good reason I have a problem with Americans sometimes. If you wave a flag outside the US that isn't the stars and stripes, it must be something bizarre and evil.
    I find it comical that driving thru the US you find a US flag on everything from flag posts to tee shirts and everything in between.
    http://www.theprovince.com/sports/20...505/story.html

God forbid Canadians show any patriotism. Here is a good reason I have a problem with Americans sometimes. You have a flag outside the US that isn't the stars and stripes, it must be something bizarre and evil.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/20...505/story.html
    Ok, finally I'm beginning to understand why you think you hate Americans. The actual reason is your inferiority complex.
    GR lives...

Ok, finally I'm beginning to understand why you think you hate Americans. The actual reason is your inferiority complex.
    Inferior to what?
    You're right. I wish we were facing trillion dollar debts, ballooning unemployment and dozens of dead young men coming home every week from a war that you will never be able to win.

Your head's in your own ass a little deep, Lorenz.... Come up for some air and breath in some reality.

No gold medal will make you feel like an adequate person. That has to come from inside you. Think about something you actually were involved in to some degree that you accomplished, not people you don't even know, and see if you can build off that.

You're only a loser if you believe you are.
    GR lives...

You're only a loser if you believe you are.
    That's deep. Might just get that tattooed

Too much hostility in here.

Let's have a break.

http://www.myvidster.com/video/86486...s_to_Americans

We're not so different...

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

The Canadians I've met seem to have an inferiority complex coupled with huge egos, which means they are in a state of constant denial. It makes for very fukt up dudes who are too proud to get the help they know they need.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to Alan G Baker though, he's just a flat out psychopath (according to the GR member who knows him best).

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    i know i'm late on this godforsaken thread, but can someone explain why the americans beat the canadians once, while the canadians beat the americans once and canada wins gold? weren't the two teams 1-1 against each other?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    i know i'm late on this godforsaken thread, but can someone explain why the americans beat the canadians once, while the canadians beat the americans once and canada wins gold? weren't the two teams 1-1 against each other?
    Welcome back.

It's a round robin system....USA got a free buy to the semi final round while Canada had to play an extra game against the favorite Russian team. Like I said to Pingman, true champions find ways to win the right games despite rules, officiating, etc. No 7 game series would of changed the final outcome. Canada isn't losing a hockey tournament in Canada, especially to the US.

Welcome back.

It's a round robin system....USA got a free buy to the semi final round while Canada had to play an extra game against the favorite Russian team. Like I said to Pingman, true champions find ways to win the right games despite rules, officiating, etc. No 7 game series would of changed the final outcome. Canada isn't losing a hockey tournament in Canada, especially to the US.
    ok that makes sense, i didn't know if it was a round robin or not. it was the first time i have ever watched an entire hockey game lol

it's about as exciting as curling.

ok that makes sense, i didn't know if it was a round robin or not. it was the first time i have ever watched an entire hockey game lol

it's about as exciting as curling.
    You'd be amazed at the skill level and feel you need to be good at the game. You think reading a up and down snake putt was hard. I admitt though, if you don't know much about the strategy involved, it can be boring.
    I'm a sports fan in general, I like anything that requires a set of skills.

You'd be amazed at the skill level and feel you need to be good at the game. You think reading a up and down snake putt was hard. I admitt though, if you don't know much about the strategy involved, it can be boring.
    I'm a sports fan in general, I like anything that requires a set of skills.
    i'm sure, i've only tried ice skating twice in my life, and i could barely stand up on them. i do have Brett Hull Hockey for super nintendo that my brother bought about 20 years ago, so i sort of learned off-sides, icing, slashing, hooking, high sticking, power plays, and all of that shite. so i had a decent idea of what was going on.

i'm sure, i've only tried ice skating twice in my life, and i could barely stand up on them. i do have Brett Hull Hockey for super nintendo that my brother bought about 20 years ago, so i sort of learned off-sides, icing, slashing, hooking, high sticking, power plays, and all of that shite. so i had a decent idea of what was going on.
    haha...i was actually talking about the curling. My personal opinion is that hockey requires probably the most athleticism of any sport I can think of, except maybe the various forms of Mixed Martial Arts that are out there.
    Last edited by Riverologist; 03-17-2010 at 01:13 PM.

haha...i was actually talking about the curling. My personal opinion is that hockey requires probably the most athleticism of any sport I can think of, except maybe the various forms of Mixed Martial Arts that are out there.
    Oh come on. Baseball is the toughest sport out there. There is nothing even close. The skill that is required to hit a 100 mph fastball or a hanging curveball is beyond anything that some beer guzzling, street-alley-fighting hockey thug could ever hope to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Oh come on. Baseball is the toughest sport out there. There is nothing even close. The skill that is required to hit a 100 mph fastball or a hanging curveball is beyond anything that some beer guzzling, street-alley-fighting hockey thug could ever hope to achieve.
    I've seen more bench clearing brawls in baseball than I've ever seen in hockey. Show me one fat hockey player.

Half the baseball players have pot bellies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This has athleticism written all over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm sorry but hockey is just plain boring to watch. I went to a game at Staples center twice...once in the luxury booth and once real close to the ice. Boring both times. Thanks goodness we had free drinks and food in the booth or we would have been bored out of our minds.

Oh, the opposing team was the Red Wings.

I'm sorry but hockey is just plain boring to watch. I went to a game at Staples center twice...once in the luxury booth and once real close to the ice. Boring both times. Thanks goodness we had free drinks and food in the booth or we would have been bored out of our minds.
    Perhaps you can tell me in 4 posts or more why you think it's so boring.

Fd, there isno way baseball ca be described as a sport thatrequires athleticism. The major league is full of fat, beer beely slobs who are well into their forties. It's the only team sports I can think of where you can still be in the top flight past 40. Hockey is just a fagg sport with all that padding. They look like a bunch of pampered pincesses who can't take a hit without the protection. They look even gayer than America Football players. Rugby and Rugby League are full on contact sports that are played without padding, try and watch a few games if you wanna see a real man's sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Fd, there isno way baseball ca be described as a sport thatrequires athleticism. The major league is full of fat, beer beely slobs who are well into their forties. It's the only team sports I can think of where you can still be in the top flight past 40. Hockey is just a fagg sport with all that padding. They look like a bunch of pampered pincesses who can't take a hit without the protection. They look even gayer than America Football players. Rugby and Rugby League are full on contact sports that are played without padding, try and watch a few games if you wanna see a real man's sport.
    I'd love to see a rugby player take a 100mph puck anywhere on his body or have their thick heads crash onto the ice or ran into the boards at 30mph. Wood and Ice don't have as much give as a lush green field. The equipment is a necessity for survival. The comparison should be NFL to Rugby. I don't see any 350lbs slobs playing rugby either. Plenty in the NFL.

Hey - at least you were man enough to go back for a second try at ice skating... that takes guts.

Hockey is just like football when it comes to enjoying it as a fan - you have to know what the strategies mean and in what context those strategies apply before you can truly "get" the game. There are formations these guys use - just like in football, which are only employed in certain circumstances to serve specific purposes... once you can look at the formations the team uses in various situations you begin to understand what they're hoping to accomplish.

Phrases like "trap", "weak side lock", "umbrella", "tight box", "diamond", are pretty much the equivalents of things like "nickel", "dime", "4-3", or "shotgun"... just a formation employed in a specific strategic situation. Once you understand what those strategies look like and in which situations they are most likely to be applied, you get a better experience out of watching a game - as a fan.

Understanding each player's role when employing a certain strategy will allow you to spot the strengths and weaknesses of the teams you're watching - notice when someone makes mistakes, spot certain players who are strong in certain roles, and others who are weak in their roles in certain situations. You can see ways for a team to win, if they can key on those weaknesses - or play to their strengths.

As with all sports - understanding the strategy is a major factor in how much a spectator will enjoy and appreciate certain plays and efforts. Context is everything.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Thread Information