|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Hold on. So you are saying that GFF includes the Mizuno MX-200 shovels? I have to say that i am getting closer and closer to buying some forged cavity backs. I tried the Cobra S2 forged at the range and really liked them. However, I went to the Cobra website to look at the specs and the PW loft is 43 degrees. That's 7 degrees stronger than my current PW. I also tried the Wilson FG Tour and have to say that it's the best looking cavity back I've seen. The FG Tour PW is 47 degrees. I guess that explains the difference in trajectory.
    Hey now! They may be shovels. Well, semi shovels compared to Cally BB or Wide Sole POS, but they ARE GFF!...Dammit!......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Noshuz, do you post ESC scores or actual scores?

From my experience 5 a side is large depending on the course and the type of player you're competing against. Many high handicappers can make bogey and sometimes better on many holes while still posting a large number. They usually will have a few blowup holes. If they can hit the ball long and sometimes straight then they will have the advantage giving this many strokes in match play. In stroke play it would probably even out but you lose a hole by many strokes in match play it only counts as one.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Noshuz, do you post ESC scores or actual scores?

From my experience 5 a side is large depending on the course and the type of player you're competing against. Many high handicappers can make bogey and sometimes better on many holes while still posting a large number. They usually will have a few blowup holes. If they can hit the ball long and sometimes straight then they will have the advantage giving this many strokes in match play. In stroke play it would probably even out but you lose a hole by many strokes in match play it only counts as one.
    I will use ESC when It comes into play. I didn't blow up Friday. I think I got only 1 double.
    I certainly hope no one is thinking for a second that I cheated. I'm not a cheater. Ask FD. Hell I told him before and during the match that I don't care who wins. I didn't know I won until he congratulated me after the 15th.
    team obnoxious

Noshuz is not a bagger in any way. I can tell that he normally shoots around 85 (just like he told me). He was really on with his hybid and with his putting and that makes a huge difference. Like I said before, he sank several putts of 10 feet or more. Also, he was on fire with his hybrid club.

Noshuz is not a bagger in any way. I can tell that he normally shoots around 85 (just like he told me). He was really on with his hybid and with his putting and that makes a huge difference. Like I said before, he sank several putts of 10 feet or more. Also, he was on fire with his hybrid club.
    Thank you brutha.....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I will use ESC when It comes into play. I didn't blow up Friday. I think I got only 1 double.
    I certainly hope no one is thinking for a second that I cheated. I'm not a cheater. Ask FD. Hell I told him before and during the match that I don't care who wins. I didn't know I won until he congratulated me after the 15th.
    No offense meant NS. Some people just don't understand ESC. It can really make a big difference if you have a fault of being wild off the tee or have a weakness like chipping. The lower your hc the more this can save a round.

It seems to me that this match was more of a validation of the hybrid as an acceptable club more so than anything negative about FD or any sort of validation that GFF is superior to Ping. I'm sure NAH will back me up on this.

Congrats on the great round NoShuz. Sounds like a great time, despite the shite weather...

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    It seems to me that this match was more of a validation of the hybrid as an acceptable club more so than anything negative about FD or any sort of validation that GFF is superior to Ping. I'm sure NAH will back me up on this.

Congrats on the great round NoShuz. Sounds like a great time, despite the shite weather...
    Thanks KoolCat! Mizi hybrids at that!......
    team obnoxious

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Yeah, the 16's I know have never sniffed 80 even in ideal conditions. We're talking an occasional 85 and a bunch of 90-100's.
    I'm a 13 and have hit 80 only a few times. Lowest was a 79, and that was once last season. A good round for me is 82/83 and a bad round is 92/93. I did have a couple 99/100+ rounds last year but that was very early in the season and very late when is was freezing cold out and had zero business being out on the golf course.

Thanks KoolCat! Mizi hybrids at that!......
    This raises an important question. Are Mizi gaybrids more acceptable than other gaybrids? I'm sure Omen & NAH will be able to set us straight on this burning issue.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    I'm a 13 and have hit 80 only a few times. Lowest was a 79, and that was once last season. A good round for me is 82/83 and a bad round is 92/93. I did have a couple 99/100+ rounds last year but that was very early in the season and very late when is was freezing cold out and had zero business being out on the golf course.
    I think 13 is probably more accurate for me as well. I've had one other round of 81. It was a "real" 81, all 18 holes. A little easier course. FD I'm talking about Bing Maloney. I shot 100 in December at Dry Creek. The first time in I think years that I was triple digits. That's the slump I mentioned I was in. Even on a really bad day I'm always under 95. I'm happy in the mid 80's. When FD and I were having lunch, we were tallying up the strokes and for a minute I thought I shot 79 not 81. FD probably remembers the look on my face when I thought I broke 80. Probably pretty funny. I scored that round as an 82 considering I doubt very seriously I would have par'd out the last 3 holes. Now I don't think that was sandbagging at all. Do you guys? I'll be happy to go back and edit it.
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    This raises an important question. Are Mizi gaybrids more acceptable than other gaybrids? I'm sure Omen & NAH will be able to set us straight on this burning issue.
    I have no problem with it. Mizuno needs working capital to continue to design player MP clubs. There is a huge market in fleecing choppers (see Callaway, Ping, TM).
    Actually anything Mizuno with an X in the name isn't really GFF. I thought we decided it was FGFF.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I have no problem with it. Mizuno needs working capital to continue to design player MP clubs. There is a huge market in fleecing choppers (see Callaway, Ping, TM).
    Actually anything Mizuno with an X in the name isn't really GFF. I thought we decided it was FGFF.
    Aaah come on man! Show me some mizi love!! They're sweet clubs! I Play them pretty well.....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Are you kidding me? Hell, at least they had grass, and it was green! We will not have green grass for at least another month and maybe more the way our Winter has been this year.
    I put some grass seed out to fill some holes in my lawn last week, and it's growing now. The lawn isn't, yet, but the seeds have sprouted.

SPRING IS SPRUNG. :-) At least down in Texas.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Here are a few photos from the blackberry of the match. Steve the Dentist is in one of them. Not too exciting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here are a few photos from the blackberry of the match. Steve the Dentist is in one of them. Not too exciting.
    OK buddy. Yer messin with us!.....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    FD, you need to get some blades bro. Don't mess around switching between paddles.

Here's a photo of NS and Steve the dentist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steve the Dentist.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	2379  

What's all that s.hit around the tee? Where in the hell are you guys playing?

Steve seems like a hoot. He actually went to a BMW dealership to pay through the nose for his bag so it would say BMW on it? And he plays the most expensive clubs money can buy? And a pullcart? WTF? Can you get him to log on here? We want to talk to him about a bunch of stuff.
    GR lives...

Here's some more

Name:	NS giving the bird.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	2380  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    What's all that s.hit around the tee? Where in the hell are you guys playing?

Steve seems like a hoot. He actually went to a BMW dealership to pay through the nose for his bag so it would say BMW on it? And he plays the most expensive clubs money can buy? And a pullcart? WTF? Can you get him to log on here? We want to talk to him about a bunch of stuff.

It's the maintenance shed. That's the 10th hole. I'm telling you, it's a good course. Show me a public course that doesn't have an ugly maintenance shed.

Damn, i keep trying to post pics. Here goes:

Name:	NS giving the bird.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	2383  

Damn, i keep trying to post pics. Here goes:
    Thar ya go! See guys? My original ensemble was the black pullover.....ok I'm sounding gay. I need to stfu......
    team obnoxious

NS, no offense, but the way you're dressed, it looks as though as soon as golf is over, you're cashing your welfare check and heading to the track. Even if you don't have a job, it's important to look as though you do. If it looks like you slept in the gutter, people will assume you're a homeless, unemployed person that pees all over themselves.

Perhaps I speak for others when I express wonder that somehow you're able to gain computer access. Maybe there's wifi in your alley.
    GR lives...

It looks like you slept in the gutter and you're a homeless, unemployed person that pees all over themselves.
    No, no, no you're getting him confused with Alangbaker ....

Now where the f#ck am I?

NS, no offense, but the way you're dressed, it looks as though as soon as golf is over, you're cashing your welfare check and heading to the track. Even if you don't have a job, it's important to look as though you do. If it looks like you slept in the gutter, people will assume you're a homeless, unemployed person that pees all over themselves.

Perhaps I speak for others when I express wonder that somehow you're able to gain computer access. Maybe there's wifi in your alley.
    I knew you were going to go that direction with it Zo......Bye the way, that finger is for you!......
    team obnoxious

All in all a fair call Zo, but I think he may have tried to match some of his gear to some extent. The part of his shoes which don't have the gayarse saddle seem to be about the same level of discolouration of white as his obviously not washed hat. Although on reflection that could also be attributed to residing on the streets and not maintaining any level of personal cleanliness.

Again, no offense Shuz.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Here's a photo of NS and Steve the dentist
    Does Steve use iron covers?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    It seems to me that this match was more of a validation of the hybrid as an acceptable club more so than anything negative about FD or any sort of validation that GFF is superior to Ping. I'm sure NAH will back me up on this....
    I'm sure you have me confused with a POS DB faggott arsed sod laying chopper.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    All in all a fair call Zo, but I think he may have tried to match some of his gear to some extent. The part of his shoes which don't have the gayarse saddle seem to be about the same level of discolouration of white as his obviously not washed hat. Although on reflection that could also be attributed to residing on the streets and not maintaining any level of personal cleanliness.

Again, no offense Shuz.
    OK You guys nailed it, kinda. I stole this laptop from my neighbor a couple of trailers down from me. The shoes are from the thrift shop. They were the only ones they had in my size. The hat is actually somewhat clean. The passed out drunk (for once it wasn't me) I got it from looked like he hasn't been on the streets very long seemed pretty clean with hardly any matts in his hair.
    One mans floor is another mans ceiling! .......
    team obnoxious

Maybe. However, people are going to have to accept the gaybrid as an legitimate club sooner or later. First, Wang uses a hybrid to down Tiger Woods, the greatest professional golfer in the history of the game. Then, NoShuz takes down FamousDavis, the undisputed best ball striker in the world. As FD alluded to in his recap of the match, it was the hybrid and not the GFF that were the keys to NS taking him down.

You've put up a valiant fight, but three comes a time when you might need to admit defeat...

This is a statement from a man that is clearly in denial. NAH if you saw some of the darts I was throwing from all over the course you would be a changed man......
    team obnoxious

Does Steve use iron covers?
    Does Obama spend money?

Does Obama spend money?
    I had to share a golf cart during a best ball tournament with a guy that had a bag full of iron covers. Every time someone stopped to talk to us I had this uncomfortable feeling...the same one you get when your wife asks you to hold her purse or buy her tampons...which I don't do. He was a nice guy, and I didn't want to shake his confidence, so I let it slide.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I had to share a golf cart during a best ball tournament with a guy that had a bag full of iron covers. Every time someone stopped to talk to us I had this uncomfortable feeling...the same one you get when your wife asks you to hold her purse or buy her tampons...which I don't do. He was a nice guy, and I didn't want to shake his confidence, so I let it slide.
    Iron head covers are a sure sign of 20+ HC......
    team obnoxious

Iron head covers are a sure sign of 20+ HC......
    Iron covers are the ultimate bi.tch move. I played with this guy who had knockoff clubs and protected them with iron covers. I can understand if you've spent $600 on a Scratch wedge. Does Scratch provide a free headcover or is that $80 extra?

Iron covers are the ultimate bi.tch move. I played with this guy who had knockoff clubs and protected them with iron covers. I can understand if you've spent $600 on a Scratch wedge. Does Scratch provide a free headcover or is that $80 extra?
    Each Scratch headcover is custom created to fit the unique grind. Why would you want an iron cover that doesn't fit your wedge perfectly?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I would hope a Scratch wedge cover would incorporate some kind of hydraclean mechanism like the ones that come with quality electric razors. You need to keep those grooves clean and sharp.

Each Scratch headcover is custom created to fit the unique grind. Why would you want an iron cover that doesn't fit your wedge perfectly?
    I had all of my iron covers spined and pured. This ensures a proper fitting. They are mass produced in China but the workers sleep on hay rather than directly on dirt and they get a two minute break rather than 30 seconds. This helps me sleep at night.

These posts are in the wrong thread. C'mon guys get with the program.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer

Now, now, just because you seem to be in a race with this thread, don't forget it's our responsibility to post in the wrong thread around here. If you're lucky, you'll get some of their posts too.
    GR lives...

Now, now, just because you seem to be in a race with this thread, don't forget it's our responsibility to post in the wrong thread around here. If you're lucky, you'll get some of their posts too.
    Me, competitive? Never.
    I've got nothing to prove to verbose Italians.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

LOLOL! That's right OP! Round up those posts and get them where they belong! I found myself starting to do that on the Noshuz vs Famousdavis thread.......
    team obnoxious

LOLOL! That's right OP! Round up those posts and get them where they belong! I found myself starting to do that on the Noshuz vs Famousdavis thread.......
    You just posted that so this comment thread would be one post ahead of mine......damn it! Two posts.

You just posted that so this comment thread would be one post ahead of mine......damn it! Two posts.
    Naaa I quit keeping track of post counts on the first NS vs FD thread. I guess once you achieve the greatness level of 280+ posts everything else seems oh-hum...........
    team obnoxious

Naaa I quit keeping track of post counts on the first NS vs FD thread. I guess once you achieve the greatness level of 280+ posts everything else seems oh-hum...........
    Smartarse prick.

Not to mention 3,680 views. I almost feel violated.

Me, competitive? Never.
    I've got nothing to prove to verbose Italians.
    I'll go so far as to say there's nothing you can prove to us.
    GR lives...

I'll go so far as to say there's nothing you can prove to us.
    Touch'e.
    Thankyou for taking the time to reply.
    Respectfully yours, OP.

Not to mention 3,680 views. I almost feel violated.
    Me too, Well not like prostate check violated or anything but I do feel like I've lost a little of that childhood innocence......
    team obnoxious

To Noshuz & Famousdavis well done to both of you for pulling this off in those atrocious conditions and thanks to Pingman for the online updates. It was brilliant stuff. Congrats to Noshuz on the win.

I just have one question for both you guys. Would you have played in that weather if it was just the two of you or were you determined to play just to stick it right up all the GR naysayers who were claiming this match would never happen?

Now where the f#ck am I?

To Noshuz & Famousdavis well done to both of you for pulling this off in those atrocious conditions and thanks to Pingman for the online updates. It was brilliant stuff. Congrats to Noshuz on the win.

I just have one question for both you guys. Would you have played in that weather if it was just the two of you or were you determined to play just to stick it right up all the GR naysayers who were claiming this match would never happen?
    Prior to teeing off the weather was fine. It started raining early in the round and never stopped. Rain is OK in the beginning but eventually everything gets soaked including your gloves, towels, etc and then it becomes miserable. I would not have kept playing in that weather if it wasn't for the match.

We were determined to get this done. I didn't want to go through another week of you animals howlin' at us! It really wasn't as big of deal to us as I think It was to you boys as we live in the same area and can play anytime. It was really fun and made it all worth while to come home and read the play by play from pingman and even more so, the posts from you guys. That was priceless!!
    team obnoxious

That sounds a little on the cheap for Scratch. I would have thought they would actually custom grind the head cover itself, mkaing sure it had the correct bounce and lie angle for your golf bag. You obviously wouldn't want to have headcovers set up for a cart bag if you had a carry bag. BTW, are these headcovers cast or forged? I would think forged to allow for bending the loft and lie.

Well, it was a beeeeeautiful 75 degree day yesterday and thought I would get out and play. Played the front 9 at a course near my work (FD, it was Bing) and literally stunk the place up. I was telling my buddy about the darts I was hitting Friday and I'm sure he thought I was lying by the 3 hole. WTF??? I was slicing really bad. FD do you remember any slices from me Friday? It's the typical shitty shot from and mid-high hc'r but I don't think I hit one slice Friday........Arrrrrrrgh!!!!
    team obnoxious

Well, it was a beeeeeautiful 75 degree day yesterday and thought I would get out and play. Played the front 9 at a course near my work (FD, it was Bing) and literally stunk the place up. I was telling my buddy about the darts I was hitting Friday and I'm sure he thought I was lying by the 3 hole. WTF??? I was slicing really bad. FD do you remember any slices from me Friday? It's the typical shitty shot from and mid-high hc'r but I don't think I hit one slice Friday........Arrrrrrrgh!!!!
    No, but I remember the hybrid you hit with a nice high draw that ended up 3 feet from the hole. That was sweet. You were always close to the green or on the green with that thing. I thought it was a Taylormade. Is it a Mizuno?

No, but I remember the hybrid you hit with a nice high draw that ended up 3 feet from the hole. That was sweet. You were always close to the green or on the green with that thing. I thought it was a Taylormade. Is it a Mizuno?
    Yip!.......MX 700's
    team obnoxious

Yip!.......MX 700's
    See Famous you just gotta bag yourself some Mizzies, anyway, anyhow.

Now where the f#ck am I?

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Famousdavis magnanimous in defeat and NOSHUZ gracious in victory. Just how it should be, nice one guys. BTW I think your turkeys are sand cranes, the legs are a bit of a giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by A V Twiss
    Famousdavis magnanimous in defeat and NOSHUZ gracious in victory. Just how it should be, nice one guys. BTW I think your turkeys are sand cranes, the legs are a bit of a giveaway.
    Thanks AV. FD is also more gracious than he appears to be but you all probably can see that by now......
    team obnoxious

Thread Information