|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Unhappy Driver help.....

Had a few drivers but still keep slicing the ball every drive.
    Any sugestions....not sure if its my swing or my clubs.. at the moment i have an older srixon xx10 355cc xstiff driver.

IF (I'm not saying it is or isn't) the shaft is stiffer than you can handle, you will hit a lot of short, low fades.
    Trying to get useful advice from anonymous strangers is elusive at best. (Never confuse a dogmatic answer with a "right" answer)
    You could try doing an on the driving range demo of some clubs with different shafts and lofts. If you can find a combination that CONSISTENTLY gives you good results, it was probably the fault of your current club.
    If you can't find something that gives you a good trajectory, distance, and direction, I'd probably try lessons before any further purchases.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

ta

thanks for the advice.

i wouldnt agree with the above post from dorkman. I would say it is 99% the fault of your driver, what i would suggest is going and purchasing a new driver with an extra stiff shaft get something like an tm r9 or something that you can change the weighting in they are fantastic then you can smash that new driver into oblivion once you find the correct set up. With that x stiff shaft you will really be able to let rip and it will also make you look good having such an expensive club in your bag.

ok thats fair enough but i have been playin golf for like 8 months.....have titleist 690.mb irons and can hit them quite well.... but not sure if a want to go spend like £150 on a new driver so soon.....

Upanddownfromaballwasher is right. You need to get a club that will give you maximum credibility, and have it out there and in people's faces so they know you are a legit golfer. Just make sure you have an up to date list of excuses for not crushing it down every fairway. "I'm having an off day" only works after you've actually hit a poor shot so don't use it on the first tee.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

My 2-cent... When I started out 15 yrs ago, I sliced everyshot (yes the indian). Over the years, my swing gets better, not perfect but better. Granted that I played a clone club, but I would bet If I played same club now I would turn it into a baby fade. So, try to improve your swing first, pay more attention to your stance, ball's position, how you grip your club... find the best combination for the least problem first, and if you work at it, your slice would go away within 6 months... There are several good used drivers out there on eBay, dirt cheap, don't spend tons of money on new equipment, Marketers are sucking us in spending money with little benefits, ... It's not how far you can hit, but how low a score you can play. I am old and I know an older gentleman (65-70) and he consistently shoots in the range of 80-85, why? ball goes straight to where he wants and excellent putting

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    (Never confuse a dogmatic answer with a "right" answer).
    For the record, DOGMA IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Now don't let your karma run over my dogma.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

i have been buying off eaby.....wife not too happy with me spendin the big bucks lol...... so would you say driver doesnt make any difference at all?

Quote Originally Posted by stugstar
    i have been buying off eaby.....wife not too happy with me spendin the big bucks lol...... so would you say driver doesnt make any difference at all?
    What I am saying is that if we don't have a decent swing, club does not help. It's the INDIAN... 95% of our swing will take us to becoming a decent player, 5% of club will help us becoming a better player... but it's just my opinion... Don't burn your money now. I can hit my 12-yr old King Cobra Oversize 6-i as well as the 6-i MP-68 Muzino or the 6-i Callaway Diablo Edge...

irons are ok.....thats the problem i am finding......i have titleist 690.mb blades, nice clubs find them quite easy to hit..... swing is not too bad for them but when comes to drive can barley hit father than my 4 or 3 iron..... should i develop a different swing for driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    What I am saying is that if we don't have a decent swing, club does not help. It's the INDIAN... 95% of our swing will take us to becoming a decent player, 5% of club will help us becoming a better player... but it's just my opinion... Don't burn your money now. I can hit my 12-yr old King Cobra Oversize 6-i as well as the 6-i MP-68 Muzino or the 6-i Callaway Diablo Edge...

The term "it's the Indian not the arrow" is dated and untrue. That was true back in the days when Indians used to make arrow tips out of flint or obsidian. The skill of the Indian's use of his bow and his ability to hit a buffalo while riding was paramount. Today, Indians use arrowheads made out of titanium and they ride in Jeep Wranglers with excellent shock absorbers while hunting buffalo. Some purist Indians still use the old flint heads and they have a distinct disadvantage over the modern indian who uses grain flow forged tips from Mizuno.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The term "it's the Indian not the arrow" is dated and untrue. That was true back in the days when Indians used to make arrow tips out of flint or obsidian. The skill of the Indian's use of his bow and his ability to hit a buffalo while riding was paramount. Today, Indians use arrowheads made out of titanium and they ride in Jeep Wranglers with excellent shock absorbers while hunting buffalo. Some purist Indians still use the old flint heads and they have a distinct disadvantage over the modern indian who uses grain flow forged tips from Mizuno.
    A couple of inconsistencies, but overall true. The riding/shooting period was very brief. Horses were brought over by Europeans, so you are using a small time slice when Indians had horses, used arrows instead of rifles, and weren't drunk. About 50 years tops.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

NO... (1) see Larry and or (2) those with Mizuno clubs

I think I have brushed on this in other threads, but from my observations on the golf course it's ALWAYS the Indians. Unless of course there are Koreans there as well, in which case it may well be them.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information