|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The Haney Project

I'm starting to think that Hank Haney doesn't have a clue about how to teach someone to change their golf swing.

A starter is how he sets up rows of balls for his students to hit. Hundreds of them! This is counter productive! It's as if he lives by mantra that it takes thousands of shots to ingrain a new technique. All it really does is make his students make hundreds of sloppy swings in a row without concentrating on one of them.

His next give away came in the last show where he proceeds to jack up the swings of everyone in his group and insults them after every shot until they can't even swing a club anymore. Midround, no less! What kind of an instructor tries to get people to change their mechanics midround? I can understand if he's only working with his own student and is trying to get that student to remember things they are working on, but why mess with everyone else when they're trying to play?

This show doesn't reflect very well on Haney! I'm thinking Tiger just wants someone around as another pair of eyes and got Haney on the cheap!

It would be bad entertainment if he was only teaching traditionally. It's for TV.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

If Hank Haney came up to you on the 7th hole and wanted to offer advise, there is absolutely no way you would tell him to shut up and go away.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    If Hank Haney came up to you on the 7th hole and wanted to offer advise, there is absolutely no way you would tell him to shut up and go away.
    If I was in the 7th bay at the driving range, maybe. Not gonna take swing change tips on course from ANYONE except my own caddy who's watched me on every swing for years. and since I"m not a pro, I don't HAVE a caddy, and NOBODY watches me hit shots.. :-).

On course tips in mid round? That would be a quick trip down frustration lane.... :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    It would be bad entertainment if he was only teaching traditionally. It's for TV.

I'll have to completely agree with HB on this one. The other thing is, sometimes sloppy is ok.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    If I was in the 7th bay at the driving range, maybe. Not gonna take swing change tips on course from ANYONE except my own caddy who's watched me on every swing for years. and since I"m not a pro, I don't HAVE a caddy, and NOBODY watches me hit shots.. :-).

On course tips in mid round? That would be a quick trip down frustration lane.... :-)
    Who cares?

It's one frigging round of golf for the chance to better your game for a lifetime.

I'd flip him the bird.

Who cares?

It's one frigging round of golf for the chance to better your game for a lifetime.
    realistically, there is no chance of that. :-) My game is better defined by my bad knees, my gut and its proximity effect on gravity, and my preference for not bothering with preshot routines or other basics. :-)

I expect better golf results from my diet than from any golf tips. And so far, almost 30 lbs off.

Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I'd flip him the bird.
    Hahahahahaha.

No wonder Noshuz mopped the floor with you.

Hahahahahaha.

No wonder Noshuz mopped the floor with you.

We needed a mop with all that rain. hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    We needed a mop with all that rain. hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah
    Touche.

I'd rather eat nails than play golf in the rain.

If some dipshit 'pro' like Haney tried to offer me free advice in the middle of a round I'd I'd tell him exactly where to go. If Tiger or Seve or Norman tried to give me a tip mid round, I would listen intently and even write it down because you would know that they know what they're talking about. Why anyone would take any advice from a guy who can't cut it on tour is beyond me. Guys like Haney, Leadbetter and Butch are no talent bums trying to leech off their students. They are all failed golfers who tried to play professionally but failed spectacularly. If any of those parasites really knew anything about the golf swing they'd be out there on the course, instead of prowling the range looking for their next host.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    If some dipshit 'pro' like Haney tried to offer me free advice in the middle of a round I'd I'd tell him exactly where to go. If Tiger or Seve or Norman tried to give me a tip mid round, I would listen intently and even write it down because you would know that they know what they're talking about. Why anyone would take any advice from a guy who can't cut it on tour is beyond me. Guys like Haney, Leadbetter and Butch are no talent bums trying to leech off their students. They are all failed golfers who tried to play professionally but failed spectacularly. If any of those parasites really knew anything about the golf swing they'd be out there on the course, instead of prowling the range looking for their next host.
    Do you hve any idea how stupid most tour players are... Now I personally don't think that haney is a great instructor and I don't really think he knows his stuff as well as is made out to be... And quite honestly I wouldn't take his advice any place any time... I would listen but not to apply it to my own swing but rather I'm curious as to where he gets his stuff... that being said I wouldn't take advice from any tour player either and to day they know what they're talking about best is just plain ignorant tour players know how to score not what they actually do in their swing... Most are just pricks who think the world owes them something and that's what in some strange way makes them better...

I don't like haneys stuff but I also don't know it that well in comparison to other swing types but I wouldn't take advice from him anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    Do you hve any idea how stupid most tour players are... Now I personally don't think that haney is a great instructor and I don't really think he knows his stuff as well as is made out to be... And quite honestly I wouldn't take his advice any place any time... I would listen but not to apply it to my own swing but rather I'm curious as to where he gets his stuff... that being said I wouldn't take advice from any tour player either and to day they know what they're talking about best is just plain ignorant tour players know how to score not what they actually do in their swing... Most are just pricks who think the world owes them something and that's what in some strange way makes them better...

I don't like haneys stuff but I also don't know it that well in comparison to other swing types but I wouldn't take advice from him anywhere

Wow. So tour players are stupid, ignorant pricks. What are you basing that on?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Because a vast majority think stack and tilt is a bunch of crap. Eric Axley is a cool guy though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Most have no clue about the golf swing I apologize because the way I wrote it makes it seem as thought I feel they are dumb in all aspects of golf... They are golfing geniuses but just not when it comes to knowing what causes what in the swing which is why I would never listen to their swing advice...

As far as them being stuck up that comes from personal conversations with tour players and personal experiences

I get what you are saying about the full swing PM, but if a tour pro, particularly a multiple major champion like Seve or Norman or Tiger, gave me a tip on how to play a particular type of shot shot, I'd definitely listen.

I've watched a Greg Norman instruction video and I can tell you he would make an excellent coach. Not only was he a good communicator, but he also had the ability to show you how to do it. I also think Tiger would make a great coach if he was that way inclined. And I couldn't imagine a better short game coach than Seve. I think you underestimate the level of knowledge that comes form being able to do things on the course.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 03-15-2010 at 11:20 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Because a vast majority think stack and tilt is a bunch of crap. Eric Axley is a cool guy though.
    Is Axley the next great lefty? Or will tack and stilt forever keep him marginalized?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    As far as them being stuck up that comes from personal conversations with tour players and personal experiences
    Tell us which ones were pricks and why. These should be entertaining stories. Make sh!t up if you have to.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I get what you are saying about the full swing PM, but if a tour pro, particularly a multiple major champion like Seve or Norman or Tiger, gave me a tip on how to play a particular type of shot shot, I'd definitely listen.

I've watched a Greg Norman instruction video and I can tell you he would make an excellent coach. Not only was he a good communicator, but he also had the ability to show you how to do it. I also think Tiger would make a great coach if he was that way inclined. And I couldn't imagine a better short game coach than Seve. I think you underestimate the level of knowledge that comes form being able to do things on the course.
    in terms of how to hit certain shot, a lot of time yes i would listen... but the greatest player to date.. jack... didn't know which started initial direction, he actually got it wrong, just because he thought he was doing one thing didn't mean it was actually true... their great athletes, but a lot of the times what they say they are doing is actually much different than what they are doing...

that's all i'm saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Tell us which ones were pricks and why. These should be entertaining stories. Make sh!t up if you have to.
    i'd rather not on open forum, but check your message box (PM's) and ill let you know a few of my experiences...

I watched about 5 minutes of the Haney project last night. Horrible. Haney was telling him how he should pose after hitting a shot. Next, they showed his wife getting a lesson from some pro who had her hitting wiffle balls off of a mat in a tennis court behind their mansion. This show is just too lame to describe.

"i'd rather not on open forum, but check your message box (PM's) and ill let you know a few of my experiences..."

I'd also love to know who's a POS. Some people you can just tell, and some disappoint you when you find out first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I think Phil would be one of them.

Thread Information