|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Coach's Corner:Edgey

I thought it unfair that Purist was coaching Burndog so to even things up I have decided to give Edgey some invaluable swing advice that will help him prepare for the big match. Let me explain a few things...

Both the right and left arms have pressure points, and sub-pressure points. The right arm which is PPT 5 (or maybe 4, the left and right arm are 4 and 5, and i always mix up which arm is 4 and which is 5 but it's not overly significant). On the arms there are 3 sub-pressure points. They are in this order 3-is the elbow, 2-is the middle of the tricep, and 1-is the armpit. In order to swing on an inline pattern both arms must maintain some pressure point 4 and 5 at a minimum of 1 and 1 on those respective pressure points. You follow? Pretty simple huh? That being said it isn't necessarily best to keep 4 and 5 at 3 and 3, meaning the higher ppts aren't always the best. It depends on how the 1st 4th accumulators are loaded.

Now it can vary a little bit depending on the type of hinge action, or what type of elbow is being utilized or what the weather is like on the day but for a basic inline pattern which I assume you employ, you need to keep the ppts tight to control rate of closure, assure to keep a consistent baseline of the plane since it makes it more difficult to shift the plane, and it helps the accumulator unload sequence to be more correct.

Now Edgey this is the important part. Read, reread and memorize this post every day and every night before you go to sleep for the next two weeks. I would also suggest printing it out and keeping a copy in your golf bag. Just keep the above simple swing thoughts in your mind over the ball and I guarantee you will shoot the lights out and beat Burndog 10 & 8.

Good luck!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

And, while you are looking out for #1, don't step in #2 . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I thought it unfair that Purist was coaching Burndog so to even things up I have decided to give Edgey some invaluable swing advice that will help him prepare for the big match. Let me explain a few things...

Both the right and left arms have pressure points, and sub-pressure points. The right arm which is PPT 5 (or maybe 4, the left and right arm are 4 and 5, and i always mix up which arm is 4 and which is 5 but it's not overly significant). On the arms there are 3 sub-pressure points. They are in this order 3-is the elbow, 2-is the middle of the tricep, and 1-is the armpit. In order to swing on an inline pattern both arms must maintain some pressure point 4 and 5 at a minimum of 1 and 1 on those respective pressure points. You follow? Pretty simple huh? That being said it isn't necessarily best to keep 4 and 5 at 3 and 3, meaning the higher ppts aren't always the best. It depends on how the 1st 4th accumulators are loaded.

Now it can vary a little bit depending on the type of hinge action, or what type of elbow is being utilized or what the weather is like on the day but for a basic inline pattern which I assume you employ, you need to keep the ppts tight to control rate of closure, assure to keep a consistent baseline of the plane since it makes it more difficult to shift the plane, and it helps the accumulator unload sequence to be more correct.

Now Edgey this is the important part. Read, reread and memorize this post every day and every night before you go to sleep for the next two weeks. I would also suggest printing it out and keeping a copy in your golf bag. Just keep the above simple swing thoughts in your mind over the ball and I guarantee you will shoot the lights out and beat Burndog 10 & 8.

Good luck!
    Basically what he's trying to say is that you should turn, post and then release. 99% of amateurs don't do this very thing. Watch out for the flying right elbow.

Kiwi

Having taken your advice i feel you are in fact are closet BURNDOG fan as i shot 135 today.

Thanks a bunch you barstard

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Edgey
    My advice is put the widesoles and lovitts back in the bag if they are not already there. One of your nations greatest hero's Lord Haratio Nelson can be an inspiration for you.

Nelson was noted for his ability to inspire and bring out the best in his men: the 'Nelson touch'. His grasp of strategy and unconventional tactics produced a number of decisive victories. Some aspects of his behaviour were controversial during his lifetime and after: he began a notorious affair with Emma, Lady Hamilton while both were married, which lasted until his death. Also, his actions during the Neapolitan campaign resulted in allegations of excessive brutality. Nelson could at times be vain, insecure and overly anxious for recognition, but he was also zealous, patriotic and dutiful, as well as courageous. He was wounded several times in combat, losing one arm and the sight in one eye. His death at Trafalgar secured his position as one of England's most heroic figures. Numerous monuments, including Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square, London, have been created in his memory and his legacy remains highly influential.

Maybe you can hide some booby traps (IED"s). Not refering to your better half. You know if BD has shrapnel in his arse he won't be able to make a full turn. Or hire someone to run him over like Shooter Macgowen did in Happy Gilmore. Don't think conventional think out of the box for this match.
    But most important keep a stiff upper lip.
    GHD
    Last edited by groundhogday; 03-25-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Edgey
    My advice is put the widesoles and lovitts back in the bag if they are no already there. One of you nations greatest hero's Lord Haratio Nelson can be an inspiration for you.

Nelson was noted for his ability to inspire and bring out the best in his men: the 'Nelson touch'. His grasp of strategy and unconventional tactics produced a number of decisive victories. Some aspects of his behaviour were controversial during his lifetime and after: he began a notorious affair with Emma, Lady Hamilton while both were married, which lasted until his death. Also, his actions during the Neapolitan campaign resulted in allegations of excessive brutality. Nelson could at times be vain, insecure and overly anxious for recognition, but he was also zealous, patriotic and dutiful, as well as courageous. He was wounded several times in combat, losing one arm and the sight in one eye. His death at Trafalgar secured his position as one of England's most heroic figures. Numerous monuments, including Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square, London, have been created in his memory and his legacy remains highly influential.

Maybe you can hide some booby traps (IED"s). Not refering to your better half. You know if BD has shrapnel in his arse he won't be able to make a full turn. Or hire someone to run him over like Shooter Macgowen did in Happy Gilmore. Don't think conventional think out of the box for this match.
    GHD
    Thanks for the thoughts GHD, i suspect the Wide Soles and the Lovett will make an appearance.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Edgey
    My advice is put the widesoles and lovitts back in the bag if they are no already there. One of you nations greatest hero's Lord Haratio Nelson can be an inspiration for you.

GHD
    I think that is precisely what he should do, GHD, is bring around his Double EE toting wife to caddy for him. I guarantee that would serve as a distraction for me and I wouldn't even care if he beat my arse in golf as long as I got to watch those things shake and jiggle all day.

By the way, Dave, in case you are wondering (and hoping), man-boobs do not have the same effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I think that is precisely what he should do, GHD, is bring around his Double EE toting wife to caddy for him. I guarantee that would serve as a distraction for me and I wouldn't even care if he beat my arse in golf as long as I got to watch those things shake and jiggle all day.

By the way, Dave, in case you are wondering (and hoping), man-boobs do not have the same effect on me.
    Did I miss something does Dave have man boobs?

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Hey, how are you getting the quoted messages to have a different colored font? Is there some special secret place to format posts? What the heck is going on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Hey, how are you getting the quoted messages to have a different colored font? Is there some special secret place to format posts? What the heck is going on!!! I'd tell you, but I'd have to shoot you.

Hey, how are you getting the quoted messages to have a different colored font? Is there some special secret place to format posts? What the heck is going on!!!
    Well it helps if you're at least a little computer literate. Playing Eye2's indicates that you're clearly stuck in the 80's.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well it helps if you're at least a little computer literate. Playing Eye2's indicates that you're clearly stuck in the 80's.
    why would you think this kiwi, just because he has finally hooked his sinclair spectrum zx 48k to the world wide web.

and just because he watches toxic avenger on his betamax (toploader) video.

come to think of it this guy is stuck in the 80s. wasnt he wearing a skinny piano tie in that match against nosh

FD live in the now.

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    why would you think this kiwi, just because he has finally hooked his sinclair spectrum zx 48k to the world wide web.

and just because he watches toxic avenger on his betamax (toploader) video.

come to think of it this guy is stuck in the 80s. wasnt he wearing a skinny piano tie in that match against nosh

FD live in the now.
    Some of the best movies and actors were in the 80's: Weird Science, Suzanne Somers, Top Gun, About Last Nite (Demi nude), Ginger Lynn, etc.

Some of the best movies and actors were in the 80's: Weird Science, Suzanne Somers, Top Gun, About Last Nite (Demi nude), Ginger Lynn, etc.
    I bought my denim and saddle shoes in '87...........
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

DAMMMIT!

Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Hey, they had computers in the '80's.. I was there. Didn't know how to use the feckin' things but I saw them.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Hey, they had computers in the '80's.. I was there. Didn't know how to use the feckin' things but I saw them.
    I bought my first one in 89. It was a 386 DX and top of the line at the time packed with an 80 MB hard drive and about 215 k of memory. It was a powerful Mo Fo!!!

I'll never forget what the guy told me that kind of broke me into computers and tutored me on them for the first year. He said, "Once you buy that machine you'll likely never have to buy another one. That has more storage than you'll ever need."

I bought my first one in 89. It was a 386 DX and top of the line at the time packed with an 80 MB hard drive and about 215 k of memory. It was a powerful Mo Fo!!!

I'll never forget what the guy told me that kind of broke me into computers and tutored me on them for the first year. He said, "Once you buy that machine you'll likely never have to buy another one. That has more storage than you'll ever need."

I'm cloning an external HD in the background now on my mac.. says it will take ten hours.. it's only 786 GIGABYTES, I'll bet it's done in six hours.

My first computer had a 60 megabyte HD. and "extended ram" of 1 mb from the standard 640k. that was 1992. I stayed away from them as long as I could. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    I'm cloning an external HD in the background now on my mac.. says it will take ten hours.. it's only 786 GIGABYTES, I'll bet it's done in six hours.

My first computer had a 60 megabyte HD. and "extended ram" of 1 mb from the standard 640k. that was 1992. I stayed away from them as long as I could. :-)
    You were big time with that extended ram of 1 mb.

Back then, Dave, if you remember, the day you bought your computer, it was already outdated in 2 hours time.

Things have slowed down a bit at least . . . . .

I heard last night that OKC is putting in the paperwork to receive Googles test run for a new internet system that is suppose to be 100 times faster than current DSL run speeds. I'm too far south to get in on that now, but that is where we are all heading in the very near future . . . .

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I bought my denim and saddle shoes in '87...........
    that I believe...who wears light colored jeans anymore?

You were big time with that extended ram of 1 mb.

Back then, Dave, if you remember, the day you bought your computer, it was already outdated in 2 hours time.

Things have slowed down a bit at least . . . . .

I heard last night that OKC is putting in the paperwork to receive Googles test run for a new internet system that is suppose to be 100 times faster than current DSL run speeds. I'm too far south to get in on that now, but that is where we are all heading in the very near future . . . .
    In 1986 I had the Macintosh Computer 125K. It had a floppy drive with no internal hard drive. I think it cost around $2,000 for the computer and printer. The printer took about 50 seconds to print one page. Load runner was a great game. I think the screen was 8 inches wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    that I believe...who wears light colored jeans anymore?
    Come outta the closet River. I know you're sitting at your desk, wearing polyester pants, (probably angel flights) and platform shoes humming Night Fever to yourself......
    team obnoxious

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Come outta the closet River. I know you're sitting at your desk, wearing polyester pants, (probably angel flights) and platform shoes humming Night Fever to yourself......
    Fluffing up my chest hair too....it looks really sweeeeet with my gold chains

In 1986 I had the Macintosh Computer 125K. It had a floppy drive with no internal hard drive. I think it cost around $2,000 for the computer and printer. The printer took about 50 seconds to print one page. Load runner was a great game. I think the screen was 8 inches wide.
    I started with the commador 64. I took a programming class and used it for homework.....what a pig. I've built several PC's since then. The first hard drive I bought I think was a 450MB for $250......Talk about being butt raped.....
    team obnoxious

Started with C64 ~ 1984, 360K floppy with no HD, it was amazing the quality of the games that were written and ran great on those limited systems. Back then, each game was a "one offf" and programmers had to be creative problem solvers - not module assemblers as is the case now. Oh well, the new stuff is great too, just bulky and lacking elegence.

BTW it was "Lode" Runner.
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Anyone here familiar with the Tandy TRS-80? That was my first computer. Had a slot on the side for cartridges (I had a space invaders clone called Space Assault, and Checkers as well) had 16k of memory, good ol' tape drive, this was before hard disks were invented. Text adventure games were the big thing back then. "go north" "open door" "drink juice" - those were the action sequences in the games we had back then. None of this blood and guts and explosions we have now. Times were so simple back then... joysticks had only one button.

Those were the days...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Anyone here familiar with the Tandy TRS-80? That was my first computer. Had a slot on the side for cartridges (I had a space invaders clone called Space Assault, and Checkers as well) had 16k of memory, good ol' tape drive, this was before hard disks were invented. Text adventure games were the big thing back then. "go north" "open door" "drink juice" - those were the action sequences in the games we had back then. None of this blood and guts and explosions we have now. Times were so simple back then... joysticks had only one button.

Those were the days...

FON
    I still think that Pong and Tank are two of the funnest games that two people can play against each other. Joust is the best video game of all time. Donkey Kong Country is pretty good too.

I still think that Pong and Tank are two of the funnest games that two people can play against each other. Joust is the best video game of all time. Donkey Kong Country is pretty good too.

Ummm...

Choplifter? Pitfall? Asteroids? Missile Defense? Pac-Man? Double Dragon?

How the hell did we find that sh!t entertaining back in the day?

I still have most of those old games on emulators... lol

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Would you guys please get back on topic and start discussing pressure points 4 & 5 and the 1st & 4th accumulators?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Would you guys please get back on topic and start discussing pressure points 4 & 5 and the 1st & 4th accumulators?

I've been working on accumulating pressure at pp2, working on my release with pf2 and hopefully it doesn't make a mess otherwise I'll be overloading accumulator #3... those are not the sorts of habits you want creeping into your golf game.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Ummm...

Choplifter? Pitfall? Asteroids? Missile Defense? Pac-Man? Double Dragon?

How the hell did we find that sh!t entertaining back in the day?

I still have most of those old games on emulators... lol

FON
    I remember when Double Dragon was the ducks nuts. It didn't take us long to figure out a flaw in the fighting system though. The elbow could not be defended against, and could take out any opponent in the game. You could conceivably go through the entire game using nothing but elbows and not take a single bit of damage. Personally I was a showman and preferred the flying kick and the use of the baseball bat to take out enemies. I used to also like to go the sneak attack on my 'partner' in the two player version.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I remember when Double Dragon was the ducks nuts. It didn't take us long to figure out a flaw in the fighting system though. The elbow could not be defended against, and could take out any opponent in the game. You could conceivably go through the entire game using nothing but elbows and not take a single bit of damage. Personally I was a showman and preferred the flying kick and the use of the baseball bat to take out enemies. I used to also like to go the sneak attack on my 'partner' in the two player version.
    I remember playing Double Dragon for hours over a buddies house while listening to the Joshua Tree, GNR Lies, and LL Cool J's B.A.D. It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade. This 9th grade chick and her friend across the street got a little drunk and showed us their boobs one day...that doesn't really have anything to do with video games, but I thought I'd share.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Thread Information