|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Vin Scully Returns To Cbs

I"m LIKIN' this rebroadcast of the 1977 masters.. the old announcer voices like Scully, the orange pants on Watson (burgundy on Nicklaus)...

I was 16 years old and GLUED to the screen for this... but...

earlier that month I had gone out to the Houston Open (still at the original Woodlands course back then) and seen Nicklaus in action.. But I was following Trevino that day.. here's why...

I sneaked into the Woodlands by showing up at 4 am that Saturday, before security had arrived, and just drove in and parked (security was different back then :-).

I sat on a bench to watch the parking lot and see who arrived, and the first pro there was Trevino. Literally, it was him and me. Nobody else. Guess he couldn't sleep.

Rainy kind of morning.. he says to me 'it always rains down here in Houston' and sits down on my bench to chat.. :-) nice guy, reaching out to the gorky kid who was obviously enthralled.

Never forgot that day. 33 years ago. Watched Nicklaus come up the 9th fairway, hit his five iron into the green, but I followed Lee Buck most of the day... got to shake Arnie's hand at the range, though.. and I am pretty sure the 20 yr old Seve was there that year too...

"Jim Nantz Remembers the 1977 Masters" Odd title.. Jim Nantz was still in college. He remembers this tourney the same way I do, watching it on TV.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    I"m LIKIN' this rebroadcast of the 1977 masters.. the old announcer voices like Scully, the orange pants on Watson (burgundy on Nicklaus)...

I was 16 years old and GLUED to the screen for this... but...

earlier that month I had gone out to the Houston Open (still at the original Woodlands course back then) and seen Nicklaus in action.. But I was following Trevino that day.. here's why...

I sneaked into the Woodlands by showing up at 4 am that Saturday, before security had arrived, and just drove in and parked (security was different back then :-).

I sat on a bench to watch the parking lot and see who arrived, and the first pro there was Trevino. Literally, it was him and me. Nobody else. Guess he couldn't sleep.

Rainy kind of morning.. he says to me 'it always rains down here in Houston' and sits down on my bench to chat.. :-) nice guy, reaching out to the gorky kid who was obviously enthralled.

Never forgot that day. 33 years ago. Watched Nicklaus come up the 9th fairway, hit his five iron into the green, but I followed Lee Buck most of the day... got to shake Arnie's hand at the range, though.. and I am pretty sure the 20 yr old Seve was there that year too...

"Jim Nantz Remembers the 1977 Masters" Odd title.. Jim Nantz was still in college. He remembers this tourney the same way I do, watching it on TV.
    I would report you to the authorities, but the "statutes of limitations" has probably run out by now . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I saw there was a pre-Masters special today entitled "Jim Nancy's Favorite Masters Moments Til You Vomit" or something like that. Needless to say I didn't record it. You start vomiting just before the final round, it takes something away from it.

Vinc Scully's awesome for the Dodgers. Bet he was a good golf announcer. Geez, Dave, you really go back.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I saw there was a pre-Masters special today entitled "Jim Nancy's Favorite Masters Moments Til You Vomit" or something like that. Needless to say I didn't record it. You start vomiting just before the final round, it takes something away from it.

Vinc Scully's awesome for the Dodgers. Bet he was a good golf announcer. Geez, Dave, you really go back.
    Zo blasts out another deliberately misdirective and cranky post to hide the fact that he will not put up a swing vid.

I'm betting he actually watched the entire Watson piece and wiped tears from the corners of his eyes several times... then sniffed, blew his nose, and reminded himself he has to look tough and smart and cool on GR in spite of his roiled emotions... so he used the word 'vomit' a couple of times, and then didn't mention swing vids at all.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Zo blasts out another deliberately misdirective and cranky post to hide the fact that he will not put up a swing vid.

I'm betting he actually watched the entire Watson piece and wiped tears from the corners of his eyes several times... then sniffed, blew his nose, and reminded himself he has to look tough and smart and cool on GR in spite of his roiled emotions... so he used the word 'vomit' a couple of times, and then didn't mention swing vids at all.

Now that I realize how old you are, I'm going to try and be more patient and understanding with you. I have to give kudos to Jimm Nancy for pointing out Tiger's profanity tirades both yesterday and today and making it clear it was not only disrepectful to TIger's host, the Masters golf tournament, but suggested Tiger's statements have been largely insincere. Interestingly, Faldo wasn't willing to go there.

Now if he can just tone down the nauseating overdramatizations, I might decide to start spelling his name correctly.

Dave, I promise I'll post a swing vid if I develop some disease that forces me to turn and look at myself in every mirror I pass, like you. It should be the law that if you post a swing video, you have to do therapy at least twice a week with a licensed counselor. Dave, have you been going to an unlicensed counselor?
    GR lives...

That would be the world's shortest documentary.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Dave, I promise I'll post a swing vid if I develop some disease that forces me to turn and look at myself in every mirror I pass, like you. It should be the law that if you post a swing video, you have to do therapy at least twice a week with a licensed counselor. Dave, have you been going to an unlicensed counselor?

In Italy that is not a disease, it is a requirement of any sort of national service, including the 'role model' positions in sports, music or movies.

Matteo was fabulous in Butler Cabin. Humble, quiet, respectful. and DAMNN good looking. The future of golf.

Sadly, though, all your thoughtfulness and concern for my well -being are obviously just a verbose stalling tactic. Let's see the vid. You won't be the first, and neither was I.

Or is it that you are such a spaz, your own ego demands that video NEVER be posted...?

Let the onlookers decide. You WILL post video eventually, or be driven in ignominy from these pages. It is the will of GR.

And don't think the rest of you can pretend this does not apply to YOU. Swing videos are required. For technical advice on posting, I am always available.

Sooner claims no equipment (he has a thragina and a chibblick nippler, I meant no VIDEO equipment) but we'll solve that problem as soon as our match next week takes place, as I shall bring my very large package of equipment with me.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Now that I realize how old you are, I'm going to try and be more patient and understanding with you. I have to give kudos to Jimm Nancy for pointing out Tiger's profanity tirades both yesterday and today and making it clear it was not only disrepectful to TIger's host, the Masters golf tournament, but suggested Tiger's statements have been largely insincere. Interestingly, Faldo wasn't willing to go there.

Now if he can just tone down the nauseating overdramatizations, I might decide to start spelling his name correctly.

I was glad Nance brought it up, too, but it was after CBS was basically "Tigervision" all day Saturday.

Look, guys, Tiger hasn't changed. If he wants to chase tail, swear all over the course, and flaunt his arrogance in the face of everyone around him, then so be it, it's his life. BUT, don't tell us you are changed and go out and show us that you are lying to us. We're not that stupid!

I use to like Tiger because of his playing abilities and I use to root for him to win. But, now that he is giving us this "fake front" and thinking we are stupid enough to accept it, I hope he loses ever tournament from here on out and looks bad doing it. Tiger can kiss my arse!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Sadly, though, all your thoughtfulness and concern for my well -being are obviously just a verbose stalling tactic. Let's see the vid. You won't be the first, and neither was I.

Or is it that you are such a spaz, your own ego demands that video NEVER be posted...?
    Dave, are you able to see this ok? If not, I can make it a little bigger. Unfortunately there's no font that will guarantee you'll understand any of this.

Look, after everyone's seen your swing video, embarassment is no longer a factor for the rest of us. The bar you've set can be crawled over. Most of us have come to accept and expect your self-flattery. The only differences between you and LarryRSF are he has a better swing and more money.

Maybe distorted self appraisal isn't a Texas thing, it's an old guy thing.

Dave, could you post a tai chi video?
    GR lives...

Nance's made a comment after Phil's last putt. Something to the effect of "This one is for the family!" How long had you planned that one Nance? Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Nance's made a comment after Phil's last putt. Something to the effect of "This one is for the family!" How long had you planned that one Nance? Barf.
    To be honest, the whole telecast is barf worthy. All the BS about calling fans patrons, sacking McCord for saying the greenskeepers use bikini wax. And the constant farking piano background all the way through the telecast. Give me a break.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Dave, are you able to see this ok? If not, I can make it a little bigger. Unfortunately there's no font that will guarantee you'll understand any of this.

Look, after everyone's seen your swing video, embarassment is no longer a factor for the rest of us. The bar you've set can be crawled over. Most of us have come to accept and expect your self-flattery. The only differences between you and LarryRSF are he has a better swing and more money.

Maybe distorted self appraisal isn't a Texas thing, it's an old guy thing.

Dave, could you post a tai chi video?
    Here's my impression of lorenzo--

BLA BLA BLAH YADA YADA MUSTN'T POST MY EMBARRASSING SWING VID ETC ETC BLA BLAH YADA YADA YADA YADA BLA BLA BLAAAA....
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    To be honest, the whole telecast is barf worthy. All the BS about calling fans patrons, sacking McCord for saying the greenskeepers use bikini wax. And the constant farking piano background all the way through the telecast. Give me a break.

Wow NAH, maybe we actually have something in common. I agree that the piano/violin music needs to change. They could still keep it classy but less gay. I think McCord said they use bikini wax on the greens...not the greenskeepers. Otherwise they'd all have smooth testicles. This is what I'd like to see changed:

1. Champions Dinner: Show some of it and quit talking about it.
    2. Umm, can the champion's caddie possibly sit somewhere other than on the grass during the champion's speech?
    3. Ditch the piano/violin music. Mix some Michael Buble with Soul Train.
    4. Fix the camera angles on the 17th hole.
    5. Using a flower for the name of each hole is beyond gay.
    6. Quit talking about possible ryder cup picks after the first round. Watson on the Ryder Cup? Are you smoking crack? Do you remember Curtis Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Wow NAH, maybe we actually have something in common. I agree that the piano/violin music needs to change. They could still keep it classy but less gay. I think McCord said they use bikini wax on the greens...not the greenskeepers. Otherwise they'd all have smooth testicles. This is what I'd like to see changed:

1. Champions Dinner: Show some of it and quit talking about it.
    2. Umm, can the champion's caddie possibly sit somewhere other than on the grass during the champion's speech?
    3. Ditch the piano/violin music. Mix some Michael Buble with Soul Train.
    4. Fix the camera angles on the 17th hole.
    5. Using a flower for the name of each hole is beyond gay.
    6. Quit talking about possible ryder cup picks after the first round. Watson on the Ryder Cup? Are you smoking crack? Do you remember Curtis Strange?
    7. Quit calling the fans, "patrons." What is the point, outside of sounding like pompous d-bags? Same thing with first cut, second cut, etc. It's the fairway and the rough. First nine and second nine? It's the front and back, you bunch of southern gentlemen bastards.
    8. More coverage during the first couple rounds. All the other majors cover 6+ hours.

The one great thing about The Masters is the limited commercial breaks. Something like 4 minutes of commercials per hour. That is outstanding.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I use to like Tiger because of his playing abilities and I use to root for him to win. But, now that he is giving us this "fake front" and thinking we are stupid enough to accept it, I hope he loses ever tournament from here on out and looks bad doing it. Tiger can kiss my arse!
    I predict this was the first step, NOT THE SCANDAL but this tournament telecast, toward Tiger becoming someone the public really does NOT like and does NOT want to win...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Thread Information