|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Well, it happened finally!

Played golf yesterday after work. At about the 16th hole we hit a wall and it was getting dark so we jumped back over to #3 to get in a few more holes. Hole number 4 is a 217 yard par 3 that I bogeyed earlier in the day. This time my ball left on a perfect line right at the pin. The ball landed about 4 feet short and then I lost it. When I got up to the green my ball wasn't there. It was a back pin so I proceeded to grab my wedge and look in the back rough and bunker. Not There!

Could it be?

I walked to the hole slowly and looked inside. There it was! My first one ever! Even though it wasn't in the normal course of a round I still feel a sense of relief. I've holed out from the fairway on multiple occasions but never had a hole in one. In truth it wasn't that exciting. I didn't actually see it go in. I just lost site of it after it landed because of the dim light. It's my hole in one with a big fat asterisk attached!

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    Played golf yesterday after work. At about the 16th hole we hit a wall and it was getting dark so we jumped back over to #3 to get in a few more holes. Hole number 4 is a 217 yard par 3 that I bogeyed earlier in the day. This time my ball left on a perfect line right at the pin. The ball landed about 4 feet short and then I lost it. When I got up to the green my ball wasn't there. It was a back pin so I proceeded to grab my wedge and look in the back rough and bunker. Not There!

Could it be?

I walked to the hole slowly and looked inside. There it was! My first one ever! Even though it wasn't in the normal course of a round I still feel a sense of relief. I've holed out from the fairway on multiple occasions but never had a hole in one. In truth it wasn't that exciting. I didn't actually see it go in. I just lost site of it after it landed because of the dim light. It's my hole in one with a big fat asterisk attached!
    Congrats SDB1. Even one with an * is better than none at all!
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Hmm the problem with that one is you'll never hand in a card that records it. Reminds me of mine where I blocked a 5 iron out of bounds and then aced the next ball off the tee for a 3. I was thrilled at the time but never had a real ace since.

Still if you're happy congrats.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Could it be?

Congratulations!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Could it be?

I don't see any asterisk, that's legit. 217 with a well struck shot is a worthy hole in one. I anticipate mine will be a thin, skanky shot that rebounds off a bunker rake into the hole.
    Did you buy drinks for everyone afterwards?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Hmm the problem with that one is you'll never hand in a card that records it. Reminds me of mine where I blocked a 5 iron out of bounds and then aced the next ball off the tee for a 3. I was thrilled at the time but never had a real ace since.

Still if you're happy congrats.
    Exactly! That's why the experience is tainted. The shot was legit(no second ball) but it wasn't during the normal course of a round so I don't feel that great about it. I'd really like to have a card to go along with the ball but it is what it is. Oh well.

Exactly! That's why the experience is tainted. The shot was legit(no second ball) but it wasn't during the normal course of a round so I don't feel that great about it. I'd really like to have a card to go along with the ball but it is what it is. Oh well.
    Yeah that's a real shame!

If I EVER get one ideally it'll happen during a big club day at my home club or alternatively playing at my Dad's home club with him and his buddies. But then again beggars can't be choosers.

As Horseballs says, yours is still legit.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah that's a real shame!

If I EVER get one ideally it'll happen during a big club day at my home club or alternatively playing at my Dad's home club with him and his buddies. But then again beggars can't be choosers.

As Horseballs says, yours is still legit.
    No, you definitely don't want to get it during a big club tourney. The tradition over here is that you must buy a drink for everyone in the clubhouse when you get an ace. A guy did it a couple years ago during our member/member and ended up owing over $300. Unless you've got a good prize for closest to the pin.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I don't see any asterisk, that's legit. 217 with a well struck shot is a worthy hole in one. I anticipate mine will be a thin, skanky shot that rebounds off a bunker rake into the hole.
    Did you buy drinks for everyone afterwards?
    I got paired up with two Koreans and they were excited but there was a language barrier so we didn't hang out afterwards. My father in law was with me and we knocked a few back at the bar afterwards but it wasn't much of a celebration. I guess I built the whole thing up too much over the past 14 years. Honestly, I think I'd be more excited if one of my friends or relatives got one.

No, you definitely don't want to get it during a big club tourney. The tradition over here is that you must buy a drink for everyone in the clubhouse when you get an ace. A guy did it a couple years ago during our member/member and ended up owing over $300. Unless you've got a good prize for closest to the pin.
    We have the same tradition here and Clubs here have insurance to cover it. I'm positive the bill would be a lot higher than $300, but the club foots the bill, not the member.

Now where the f#ck am I?

We have the same tradition here and Clubs here have insurance to cover it. I'm positive the bill would be a lot higher than $300, but the club foots the bill, not the member.
    Ours would have been much higher but the guy didn't hang around after his round and he was in the first flight out. Such a b!tchmove to skip out on your hole-in-one drink obligation. I saw him the next weekend and tried to get him to buy me a drink. BTW, he's a Korean.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Ours would have been much higher but the guy didn't hang around after his round and he was in the first flight out. Such a b!tchmove to skip out on your hole-in-one drink obligation. I saw him the next weekend and tried to get him to buy me a drink. BTW, he's a Korean.
    THAT is the ultimate b/move. Then again from my experience Asians aren't generally big drinkers so the importance of it might have been lost on him. Or is he just a tightwad?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Congrats SDB1. To bad you couldn't see it roll in but still a great shot.

Played in a shamble this last year and one of the groups got a hole in one. That translates to 3 eagles on the card. I think they swept the tourney, gross and net, and the guy got the KP for the hole in one. He left without buying any beers. Not a one. Some of the guys followed him out to the lot harassing him the whole way to his car. What a bitter way to enjoy something like that. It wasn't like he would have been out any money. He had enough earnings to buy everyone a drink, 48 of us to be exact. I don't think he will be playing again this year...

Hey SDB1 you never told us what club you hit. For a 217 yard par 3 I'm picking 7 iron?

Now where the f#ck am I?

THAT is the ultimate b/move. Then again from my experience Asians aren't generally big drinkers so the importance of it might have been lost on him. Or is he just a tightwad?
    Little bit of both, but he was definitely hightailing it out of there to avoid paying too much.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Played in a shamble this last year and one of the groups got a hole in one. That translates to 3 eagles on the card. I think they swept the tourney, gross and net, and the guy got the KP for the hole in one. He left without buying any beers. Not a one. Some of the guys followed him out to the lot harassing him the whole way to his car. What a bitter way to enjoy something like that. It wasn't like he would have been out any money. He had enough earnings to buy everyone a drink, 48 of us to be exact. I don't think he will be playing again this year...
    I can't stand tight wads. A guy at my bachelor in Vegas back in '03 hit a $4000 jackpot at a freakin' slot machine. He bought all of us (8 in total) one drink. I was thinking that if I hit that jackpot, I'd tell call my wife, say I won $1000 and spend the rest.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Hey SDB1 you never told us what club you hit. For a 217 yard par 3 I'm picking 7 iron?
    It was a 4.

I can't stand tight wads. A guy at my bachelor in Vegas back in '03 hit a $4000 jackpot at a freakin' slot machine. He bought all of us (8 in total) one drink. I was thinking that if I hit that jackpot, I'd tell call my wife, say I won $1000 and spend the rest.
    Ditto ...

A few years ago I put on a birthday bash for my wife and picked up the tab for everyones food and drinks. Some people had traveled a long way for the occasion so I decided to plan a golf round the next day for the guys while the ladies went to a day spa. One of the guys was keen as mustard until he heard the price of the round ($50) and decided not to play. I couldn't believe what a tightwad he was considering he was happy to drink the beers and eat the meal I paid for. One round of beers would have cost the equivalent of that round of golf. Needless to say I have NOT made a great effort to keep in touch with the guy since.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Man, that guy reallys was a tight wad. I would have bought you guys an appetizer.

What's WRONG with everybody on this thread?! Here you are, discussing whether it is a tainted or legitimate ace.

The appropriate GR response should be, "LIAR"!!!!
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Man, that guy reallys was a tight wad. I would have bought you guys an appetizer.
    Or at least a microwave sandwich.......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

It was a 4.
    Congrats. Enjoy it.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

WTF is going on around here? I've never seen so much dick sucking and back slapping on an internet forum since the last time I logged onto shittalk. What's the matter with you people. This is not a real ace in any sense of the word. The main points of issue (among too many to list here) are:
    1. He was playing the hole for the second time that day;
    2. He was only playing a social round for fuks sake.
    3. He was playing with non English speaking Koreans so had no credible witnesses.
    A hole in one is only legit when it is done in a competitive round, first shot. Not mucking around hitting a few balls before dark. This may have been a great shot SBD1, but you can't seriously tell me you are thinking of taking this as a real hole in one?

As for the rest of you knuckleheads sucking his dick, you all need to have a good hard look at yourselves.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    WTF is going on around here? I've never seen so much dick sucking and back slapping on an internet forum since the last time I logged onto shittalk. What's the matter with you people. This is not a real ace in any sense of the word. The main points of issue (among too many to list here) are:
    3. He was playing with non English speaking Koreans so had no credible witnesses.
    A hole in one is only legit when it is done in a competitive round, first shot. Not mucking around hitting a few balls before dark. This may have been a great shot SBD1, but you can't seriously tell me you are thinking of taking this as a real hole in one?

As for the rest of you knuckleheads sucking his dick, you all need to have a good hard look at yourselves.
    I agree....if your name isn't going on the plaque in the clubhouse, it's not legit. A good shot but not an ace.

On a side note, what I hate is that all the Koreans(I seem to have to play with a lot) say "Nice shot" in their broken English accents before they see it finish. It will barely leave the club face and they are saying nice shot as it pulls straight right into the trees.

Perhaps you feel your shot was a good ace from the positive feedback you got from the Koreans who wouldn't know a good shot to save their lives.

Actually, I did take a look at myself, and for all the practicing I do with playing the same hole multiple times in a single day some days, I still have not accomplished a hole in one. So, he has one upped me for the moment.

I have had one albatross, and I scored it in team competition which won me one skin and won our team the hole at least. But, I have no hole in ones to date in any form or fashion . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Actually, I did take a look at myself, and for all the practicing I do with playing the same hole multiple times in a single day some days, I still have not accomplished a hole in one. So, he has one upped me for the moment.

I have had one albatross, and I scored it in team competition which won me one skin and won our team the hole at least. But, I have no hole in ones to date in any form or fashion . . . . .
    Neither have I. And neither has he.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Neither have I. And neither has he.
    I'm OK with your stand on this, NAH. For some time I thought maybe you had pulled a BJ on us and taken a "hardline sabbatical" or something. It's goo to see you coming in here with your usual "edge" for a change . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I'm OK with your stand on this, NAH. For some time I thought maybe you had pulled a BJ on us and taken a "hardline sabbatical" or something. It's goo to see you coming in here with your usual "edge" for a change . . . . . . .
    Just telling it how I see it. I'm sure I won't be the only one to share this opinion of SDB1's alleged ace. And let's not forget who we are talking about here. He's been run off the board more than once for telling porky pies. Don't forget, he was the blowhard owned by Spank during the calves threads.

Just telling it how I see it. I'm sure I won't be the only one to share this opinion of SDB1's alleged ace. And let's not forget who we are talking about here. He's been run off the board more than once for telling porky pies. Don't forget, he was the blowhard owned by Spank during the calves threads.
    Spank has owned so many nimrods on this site that they all start to blend together a bit, but you are correct . . . . . .

I wasn't able to jump on the bandwagon for the reasons you mention. If you've already played the hole and it's not part of a second, complete round, it's kind of like hitting the first one in the water and the second one in the hole. Or jarring one on the practice range. Those aren't holes in one either.
    GR lives...

Truer words have never been spoken. NAH, you have saved me some time writing all these issues.

sdb1 said he didn't see it go in.

We had a beer man at Harding Park that would hide out on the 14th or 15th hole (I forgot)... he would run across and put a ball in the hole, and we all thought we had a hole in one, over the course of a summer... We bought so many snicker bars and beers (illegal beer man doesn't care how old you are) it was crazy...

We also hid out for fun, and would put balls in the hole at the Golden Gate Park par 3 golf course; we had fat retards jumping for joy, and doing somersaults because they thought they had a hole in one; we couldn't stop laughing inside the trees... Remember that Golden Gate Park was my backyard all my childhood life, and still now.

Oh my heavens, one of the funniest pranks we have ever pulled; one fat guy even got injured celebrating; oh my heavens I think I lost my voice laughing for a week, and my stomach was sore, laughing, on that one; jackass couldn't finish the round... You had to crawl like a Marine so they couldn't see you, then crawl back into the trees...

I digress,

I think someone grabbed this jackasse's (sdb1) ball and put it in the hole as a joke.

If you do not have a witness, it never occurred.

If you are not playing 18 holes straight, it does not count...

NAH says it better than I can, and I now remember how retarded sdb1 was, when he denied that lifting 400 pounds off the ground strengthened the leg muscles.

sdb1 is therefore denied this hole in one.

Not even an asterick; I am quite sure a teenager ran up and stuck it in the hole... I used to do it.

My final judgment is final.

spank
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 03-31-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Thank you for reminding me of that ownage. Something about telling lies, or saying something ignorant really pisses me off. I am still pissed off at lumber man, but he can stay; we have a momentary truce...

I forgot all about sdb1 and the ownage he created on himself: http://forums.golfreview.com/showthr...light=deadlift

I fear for this young generation, as they live an e-life that is not real.

I might as well be arguing with a spider monkey than sdb1.

(had a young spider monkey climb up my ass in the Amazon jungle a few years ago at a hotel resort, take a sh!t on my clean shirt, and refuse to let go; it took 3 'handlers' to get that b!tches hands, feet, and teeth off of my shirt; monkey sh!t in 100 degree heat with 100 humidity stinks almost as bad as sbd1's posts)

I would rather go to the zoo.

Retards,

spank
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 03-31-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Finally,

Some GR common sense has risen above the swill and this so called hole in one has been put in it's rightful place. My faith in this forum as a bastion of truth and justice is restored.

Could it be?

I have to agree with some of the others that this was not a hole in one. It only counts if you get it during a regular 18-hole or 9-hole round. You played the same hole twice. I think it must have been a nice shot and all but it's nothing more than that. How could you see it land 4 feet from the hole and THEN lose sight of it? Remember SDB1, you are on probation from the Indacup fiasco. Where do you get off jumping holes like that?

I appreciate you letting me stay. I haven't been called a "gap tooth, flannel shirted, hillbilly lard eating cracker ass" in a long time. That made my day. I will watch my step from now on.

Jim Iffland

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I have to agree with some of the others that this was not a hole in one. It only counts if you get it during a regular 18-hole or 9-hole round. You played the same hole twice. I think it must have been a nice shot and all but it's nothing more than that. How could you see it land 4 feet from the hole and THEN lose sight of it? Remember SDB1, you are on probation from the Indacup fiasco. Where do you get off jumping holes like that?
    So if he went back and finished the rest of the 9 the next morning would it have been "official?" Realistically you can play two 9's twice or loop twice in one day. Correct? It has nothing to do with playing one hole twice. That happens all the time. Especially on courses that only have 9 holes.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    So if he went back and finished the rest of the 9 the next morning would it have been "official?" Realistically you can play two 9's twice or loop twice in one day. Correct? It has nothing to do with playing one hole twice. That happens all the time. Especially on courses that only have 9 holes.
    But he didn't do that. You can't almost follow the rules of golf unless you're Clinton.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    But he didn't do that. You can't almost follow the rules of golf unless you're Clinton.
    When did Clinton go so far as to almost follow the rules?

When did Clinton go so far as to almost follow the rules?
    In Korea, he'd be considered a hero.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    In Korea, he'd be considered a hero.
    Either that or he'd have trouble finding a partner because he was too much of a stickler for the rules. I'm sure that Bill even on his best day wouldn't be fit to tie the shoelaces of Kim Jong il.

Thread Information