|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Master's Leaderboard

Three Americans are at the top including Tom Watson, Steve Marino and David Toms all at -3. I really hope Angel Cabrera doesn't win this thing again. A final pairing of Tom Watson and Fred Couples would be amazing. Not that it's going to happen.

Michael Campbell is just terrible. How many more years does he get to shoot 80 at The Masters?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Of the three, I think I'm rooting for Steve Marino.

I'm watching live at Amen corner on my I-Phone. It's awesome.
    GR lives...

Crap! Freddy is -5 after 3?? I thought It was a typo
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Couples just eagled 2 & 3. WTF?

Manassero is in second on the feed I'm watching. Maybe it's an italian feed.
    GR lives...

Kiwi, this has got to be the most shameful performance by a Kiwi since Fatass Jackson tried his hand at salsa dancing. Shames your whole pathetic island in my humble opinion.
    +10 after 12 and DFL for Michael Campell, including diaper wearing seniors like Ben Crenshaw and Larry Mize.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Watson finishes with a 67. Francisco now -3 after 16. Manassero at -1. Mickelson and Yang at -5. Els and Anthony Kim at -3. Somebody pinch me.

Who the f.uck needs Tiger?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Watson finishes with a 67. Francisco now -3 after 16. Manassero at -1. Mickelson and Yang at -5. Els and Anthony Kim at -3. Somebody pinch me.

Who the f.uck needs Tiger?
    Did you hear about the airplane banner that was circling when Tiger teed off? "Tiger, did you mean Bootyism?"

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/airplane...t-masters.html
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Did you hear about the airplane banner that was circling when Tiger teed off? "Tiger, did you mean Bootyism?"

Just one more piece of evidence that pilots are heros. Safe bet Augusta will be purchasing the airspace in the future.
    GR lives...

Kiwi, this has got to be the most shameful performance by a Kiwi since Fatass Jackson tried his hand at salsa dancing. Shames your whole pathetic island in my humble opinion.
    +10 after 12 and DFL for Michael Campell, including diaper wearing seniors like Ben Crenshaw and Larry Mize.
    What does DFL mean?

Yeah he's a disgrace. We've all given up on him. He had a 5 year exemption to play in the USPGA since winning the US Open in 2005 so this should be his last year. Gee he's really made the most of that 5 year exemption and really cashed in over the past 5 years hasn't he!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    What does DFL mean?

Yeah he's a disgrace. We've all given up on him. He had a 5 year exemption to play in the USPGA since winning the US Open in 2005 so this should be his last year. Gee he's really made the most of that 5 year exemption and really cashed in over the past 5 years hasn't he!

Dead F.uckin Last. Geez, Kiwi, a bright guy like you. Use your noggin. You could have figured it out algebraically from the leaderboard. Noone had to explain it to the rest of us.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    What does DFL mean?

Dead Fukcing Last.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Dead F.uckin Last. Geez, Kiwi, a bright guy like you. Use your noggin. You could have figured it out algebraicly from the leaderboard. Noone had to explain it to the rest of us.
    Ah the wonders of GR. You learn something new everyday.

I was familiar with DNF (which I'd half expect from Campbell) but DFL is a new one. Thanks guys!

Now where the f#ck am I?

I believe that my boy Fred Couples would have a better chance to win than Tom Watson... If one of them won, it would make my day... How about a final pairing on Sunday, Fred and Tom... awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I believe that my boy Fred Couples would have a better chance to win than Tom Watson... If one of them won, it would make my day... How about a final pairing on Sunday, Fred and Tom... awesome
    Whats the deal with his scorecard? He was -5 after 3 and now it changed. I guess it was A typo??
    team obnoxious

I googled it to confirm. According to TMZ, sources say the plane will fly again at any minute with a banner that reads "sex addict? Ya, right. Sure. Me too."
    If this is true, then it is almost as awesome as Spank's "Elvis with a backpack full of dildos" scenario.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Whats the deal with his scorecard? He was -5 after 3 and now it changed. I guess it was A typo??
    Yeah, typo. It is hard to beat the Elvis/backpack/purple dildos image, but you have to give that pilot credit for trying.
    GR lives...

Yeah, typo. It is hard to beat the Elvis/backpack/purple dildos image, but you have to give that pilot credit for trying.
    Definitely a solid effort. I personally think that a simple GR poll could have given this prankster some funnier/more clever banner options.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch !!! WTF....

Do you mean Peter Jackson? Did he try his hand on dancing with the stars? Anything that keeps him from making more lamearse movies is ok in my book. He must be better at Salsa Dancing than story telling.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Ouch, Ouch, Ouch !!! WTF....
    Damn. I thought it was a bit too good to be true. I'd like to see freddy play well.....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Definitely a solid effort. I personally think that a simple GR poll could have given this prankster some funnier/more clever banner options.
    I admit that when I was watching Tiger play 14, I imagined Elvis landing onto the green and injuring himself and being carried away on a stretcher as his backpack opened up and spilled purple dildos onto the green.
    GR lives...

dammn straight. What moron would take off with a banner w/o asking US what to write on it?!?!?!?!
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    dammn straight. What moron would take off with a banner w/o asking US what to write on it?!?!?!?!
    I would have gone with a simple "Plane full of hookers" banner.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I would have gone with a simple "Plane full of hookers" banner.
    "Pilot now joining Mile High Club"
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

"Pilot now joining Mile High Club"
    "Caution: Pilot had a few cocktails and an ambien."
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

How about "Will Drop Dick Photos Taken By Skanks On Day 4"?
    GR lives...

Did you guys know you can watch the Masters live on ESPN.com?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I was watching the action this morning before work. A free to air sports channel has the coverage and it's pretty comprehensive. Got to watch tiger throw egg all all over the faces of the doubters. He shot his lowest ever first round total, two shots better than previous low of 70. And form what I saw he left some shots out on the course. Some of the shots he played were phenomenal (particularly his secondn shot into 9 where he had to hook it over 30 yards and still make it pull up at the back of the green, then sunk the putt for birdie), there is no doubt he is at the top of his game. He was out late today too so is perfectly placed to go out early tomorrow and shoot a good score. If he starts well and gets to the lead he will send a scare through the leaders waiting to tee off and I predict we will witness a good old fashioned chokeathon from the usual pretenders.

Great to see Ricky Barnes up near the top of the leaderboard too. Him and Tiger would make a great last pairing on Sunday, although it would also be nice to see Tiger give Phil another Sunday last pairing beatdown for old times sake.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I was watching the action this morning before work. A free to air sports channel has the coverage and it's pretty comprehensive. Got to watch tiger throw egg all all over the faces of the doubters. He shot his lowest ever first round total, two shots better than previous low of 70. And form what I saw he left some shots out on the course. Some of the shots he played were phenomenal (particularly his secondn shot into 9 where he had to hook it over 30 yards and still make it pull up at the back of the green, then sunk the putt for birdie), there is no doubt he is at the top of his game. He was out late today too so is perfectly placed to go out early tomorrow and shoot a good score. If he starts well and gets to the lead he will send a scare through the leaders waiting to tee off and I predict we will witness a good old fashioned chokeathon from the usual pretenders.

Great to see Ricky Barnes up near the top of the leaderboard too. Him and Tiger would make a great last pairing on Sunday, although it would also be nice to see Tiger give Phil another Sunday last pairing beatdown for old times sake.

Hell, everybody was shooting their best games today. Go look at the leaderboard again, NAH, and notice all the geriatrics at the top of the leaderboard. Tiger mentioned in his interview after his round that many of the tee boxes had been moved up for today's round. This made the course shorter and easier. I don't know why the "powers that be" at Augusta decided to do this, but whenever they move the tees back again in the upcoming rounds, we'll likely see some higher scores shot and a separation of the "grannies" and "serial adulterers" from the rest of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Hell, everybody was shooting their best games today. Go look at the leaderboard again, NAH, and notice all the geriatrics at the top of the leaderboard. Tiger mentioned in his interview after his round that many of the tee boxes had been moved up for today's round. This made the course shorter and easier. I don't know why the "powers that be" at Augusta decided to do this, but whenever they move the tees back again in the upcoming rounds, we'll likely see some higher scores shot and a separation of the "grannies" and "serial adulterers" from the rest of the pack.
    I addressed this issue in the Tom Watson thread. But I watched Tiger's round today, and he hit some incredible shots which would have ended up great under any circumstances. He could have been 3 shots lower with any luck with the putter today. His driving was again poor and he got a couple of great bounces out of the trees, but his long approaches were first class.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Well, (and that’s a deep subject), Kim came thru but Camilo stumbled a bit, he’s only 2 over, nothing he can’t pick up tomorrow.
    Sergio got distracted with some chic in the gallery, forget him…..(maybe)
    Stenson, there is no tomorrow…….his fade turned into a slice.
    Tiger, as for ? Win, hmmmm. Too early to tell.

After looking at the completed scores I predict that winning this tournament will be like shooting fish in a barrel for Tiger. Of the guys above him, Watson and Fred will fade badly like the broken down bums with dodgy putting strokes who capitulate on fast greens that they are. Most of the rest will take the gas as soon as they see Tiger at the top of the leaderboard, which should be before any of them tee off. The only real competition will come from the younger guys who have never been crushed like grapes by Tiger, like AK and Ricky Barnes. Or the sly men from the east. There are two of them in front of Tiger, and as we have seen their kind doesn't hold the same fears that the sissy white boys hold of big bad Tiger. The only other guy up there who might have a chance is Poulter.

But all things considered tiger should win this thing in a canter. If he get's his driving sorted out his 1997 scoring record could be in danger.

I was happy to see Fred at the top.

I was shocked to see Watson in Second.

I still don't know how I feel about tiger. I'd like Fred or Tom to win...

Tom would make a better story.......
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

After looking at the completed scores I predict that winning this tournament will be like shooting fish in a barrel for Tiger. Of the guys above him, Watson and Fred will fade badly like the broken down bums with dodgy putting strokes who capitulate on fast greens that they are. Most of the rest will take the gas as soon as they see Tiger at the top of the leaderboard, which should be before any of them tee off. The only real competition will come from the younger guys who have never been crushed like grapes by Tiger, like AK and Ricky Barnes. Or the sly men from the east. There are two of them in front of Tiger, and as we have seen their kind doesn't hold the same fears that the sissy white boys hold of big bad Tiger. The only other guy up there who might have a chance is Poulter.

But all things considered tiger should win this thing in a canter. If he get's his driving sorted out his 1997 scoring record could be in danger.
    You are forgetting the chinc in Tiger's armor. The Yang to his yin. You can't spell slayer without Y E. You guys get it? Need anymore hints? Overexplainig perhaps?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

You are forgetting the chinc in Tiger's armor. The Yang to his yin. You can't spell slayer without Y E. You guys get it? Need anymore hints? Overexplainig perhaps?
    I mentioned him and Choi in my post. Read again where the main competition will come from. Yang will definitely be a problem for Tiger if paired with him on the last day, but you'd think that a low ball hitter with a bag full of hybrids wouldn't have the game to survive Augusta for 72 holes. But then again an over the hill, fat, paddle playing chopper DB POS did it for 70 holes last year before collapsing in a whimpering heap so why not Yang.

The biggest story of the Masters

Come on, I know you all have heard of it, already, but Freddie Couple's shoes are the biggest story at the Masters!

Who wears sneakers on a golf course, ECCO Golf Street Premiere shoes, none the less...

Freddie is my new favorite player.

Here is one review I found on these shoes: "I played golf with Fred Couples in Hawaii three weeks ago and he wore the Golf Street shoes each day. He said they were very comfortable and they looked great. By the way he almost won the Mitsubishi Electric Championship with them on, he lost by one stoke to Tom Watson. I will be buying mine this week."

Freddie is my new John Daly, and my hero!

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Come on, I know you all have heard of it, already, but Freddie Couple's shoes are the biggest story at the Masters!

Who wears sneakers on a golf course, ECCO Golf Street Premiere shoes, none the less...

Here is one review I found on these shoes: "I played golf with Fred Couples in Hawaii three weeks ago and he wore the Golf Street shoes each day. He said they were very comfortable and they looked great. By the way he almost won the Mitsubishi Electric Championship with them on, he lost by one stoke to Tom Watson. I will be buying mine this week."

The commentators were saying that they are spikeless shoes. They look pretty casual, all power to him for sticking it up those uptight conservative crackers at Augusta. They had a close up of Freddy reading a putt and it actually looked as though he wasn't wearing socks either, like boaties. The only other fashion statement shoe wise was Shingo Katayama and his rapper style boots.

The commentators were saying that they are spikeless shoes. They look pretty casual, all power to him for sticking it up those uptight conservative crackers at Augusta. They had a close up of Freddy reading a putt and it actually looked as though he wasn't wearing socks either, like boaties. The only other fashion statement shoe wise was Shingo Katayama and his rapper style boots.
    The last couple of times I've seen Ryan Moore, it looks as if he is wearing sneakers as part of his homeless guy look. I will say that the dryjoys I have are not as comfortable as sneakers. Earlier in the week, I played a round after work. I forgot to put my dryjoys in the car and played in sneakers. I could tell no difference whatsoever. So, are golf shoes overrated? Poll perhaps? I had some Bite golf sneakers a couple of years back that were very comfortable. (to be worn with shorts only, for the record.)
    As I have stated previously: dress shoes with shorts look retarded (literally) and white golf sneakers with slacks look retarded.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

The last couple of times I've seen Ryan Moore, it looks as if he is wearing sneakers as part of his homeless guy look. I will say that the dryjoys I have are not as comfortable as sneakers. Earlier in the week, I played a round after work. I forgot to put my dryjoys in the car and played in sneakers. I could tell no difference whatsoever. So, are golf shoes overrated? Poll perhaps? I had some Bite golf sneakers a couple of years back that were very comfortable. (to be worn with shorts only, for the record.)
    As I have stated previously: dress shoes with shorts look retarded (literally) and white golf sneakers with slacks look retarded.
    HAve to agree with this. I only wear shorts with my powerbands, which is most of the time, but if I want to wear long trousers I have to dig out an old pair of dress style shoes. I don't think golf shoes are overrated though. I'm not overly taken by the need for grip and support blah blah marketing BS, and I agree that sneakers are more comfortable to get around in, but I would guarantee that if you wore sneakers the extra froce applied by the golf swing would wear them out pretty quick. Golf shoes (good ones at least) seem to be made stronger than regular shoes so they won't fall apart after a couple of rounds. I think you will find that Freddy and Moore's shoes are actually golf specific sneakers which are built tougher than they look.

P.S. Tell me you didn't have the Bite sandals HS.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 04-08-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Buy those shoes and save 4 strokes

HAve to agree with this. I only wear shorts with my powerbands, which is most of the time, but if I want to wear long trousers I have to dig out an old pair of dress style shoes. I don't think golf shoes are overrated though. I'm not overly taken by the need for grip and support blah blah marketing BS, and I agree that sneakers are more comfortable to get around in, but I would guarantee that if you wore sneakers the extra froce applied by the golf swing would wear them out pretty quick. Golf shoes (good ones at least) seem to be made stronger than regular shoes so they won't fall apart after a couple of rounds. I think you will find that Freddy and Moore's shoes are actually golf specific sneakers which are built tougher than they look.

P.S. Tell me you didn't have the Bite sandals HS.
    NaH, I would rather be put to death for a crime I didn't commit than wear a pair of fukking golf sandals. A couple of years back, Bite made a really lightweight golf sneaker. You wouldn't know it was a gold shoe exept for the soft spikes. The newer models they make are dorky looking so I haven't replaced them. They weren't waterproof for shite which is another point in favor of golf shoes.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

That's it! Gone are The saddle shuz! I'ma gittin me a pair a doze!...
    team obnoxious

How 'bout that Freddy and the rest of the geezer club!
    Tiger looks strong though. Is it me or does He look bigger? It looks Like he put on 10-15 lbs of muscle....He still has a neck though.
    team obnoxious

How 'bout that Freddy and the rest of the geezer club!
    Tiger looks strong though. Is it me or does He look bigger? It looks Like he put on 10-15 lbs of muscle....He still has a neck though.
    Well let's not again discuss the details of his "workout regimen" or the benefits of a "layover", but most should agree that he looks buff. Maybe he is not much bigger and we're just became used to seeing the pencil-necked, potbellied standard golf pro.

He tees off in ~ 1 hr, and if he can sustain his approaches and remembers how to clutch putt, its a lock.
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

I think he has the best swing in golf. Unbelievable how he swings the club so effortlessly with so much power. Fun to watch but almost impossible to replicate. The guy has talent pouring out of his ears. I think his putter will let him down during a couple of the rounds but I want to see him win.

Ryan Moore has been sporting the "sneaker" look since he came to the PGA. Ryan Moore is an "original" and Freddie Couples is nothing more than a POS follower. Let's put credit where credit is due here. By the way, I think the the shoes look like shite.

Also, only men who are secure in their own sexuality can wear golf sandals and that is why I wear them. In the Summer time I like to give my dogs some air instead of closing them up and making them sweat and get uncomfortable. You guys should be ashamed of yourself and what you do to your feet.

Pretty Boy Poulter is leading
    team obnoxious

Anyone else catch Tiger's f-bomb while hitting his approach on 10? His foot slipped. The announcer tried to cover by making it seem as though Tiger said "foot" instead of "f.uck".

Yeah...right.
    GR lives...

Anyone else catch Tiger's f-bomb while hitting his approach on 10? His foot slipped. The announcer tried to cover by making it seem as though Tiger said "foot" instead of "f.uck".

Yeah...right.
    One good round was enough to restore his arrogance. At his press conference yesterday he may as well have said, "Can I please drop this stupid humility routine?"
    and yes, Tom Watson bears an eerie resemblance to Tippy the turtle. I can see him in an Alzheimer's induced stupor, spilling a backpack of purple dildos on the putting green.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Yeah...right.
    I am sure your sig was quoted by Winston Churchill before Grouch said it, but i could be wrong

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    I am sure your sig was quoted by Winston Churchill before Grouch said it, but i could be wrong

Edgey
    Maybe so. I know they did consult with one another quite a bit as they shared cigars. Chico Marx was a close friend of Churchill as well.
    GR lives...

One good round was enough to restore his arrogance. At his press conference yesterday he may as well have said, "Can I please drop this stupid humility routine?"
    and yes, Tom Watson bears an eerie resemblance to Tippy the turtle. I can see him in an Alzheimer's induced stupor, spilling a backpack of purple dildos on the putting green.

If it did happen, it's a good bet Watson's turtle-like head would completely retract between his shoulders and disappear.
    GR lives...

Ryan Moore has been sporting the "sneaker" look since he came to the PGA. Ryan Moore is an "original" and Freddie Couples is nothing more than a POS follower. Let's put credit where credit is due here. By the way, I think the the shoes look like shite.

Also, only men who are secure in their own sexuality can wear golf sandals and that is why I wear them. In the Summer time I like to give my dogs some air instead of closing them up and making them sweat and get uncomfortable. You guys should be ashamed of yourself and what you do to your feet.
    Just the idea that you're discussing male sexuality makes me wonder if I should ride in the same cart with you...

and they don't even look like sneakers, they look like 1970s yacht club boat shoes...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Three Americans are at the top including Tom Watson, Steve Marino and David Toms all at -3. I really hope Angel Cabrera doesn't win this thing again. A final pairing of Tom Watson and Fred Couples would be amazing. Not that it's going to happen.
    Cabrera is too far back. Els is only 6 back, could do it, but doubtful.

Lotta great golfers such as Furyk didn't make the cut.

I set my Tivo to record the last few holes on Sunday. Sometimes I watch.

larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Cabrera is too far back. Els is only 6 back, could do it, but doubtful.

Lotta great golfers such as Furyk didn't make the cut.

I set my Tivo to record the last few holes on Sunday. Sometimes I watch.

larry
    Tiger and co must take great comfort knowing someone with your knowledge of the swing is looking them over.

Just the idea that you're discussing male sexuality makes me wonder if I should ride in the same cart with you...

and they don't even look like sneakers, they look like 1970s yacht club boat shoes...
    You have nothing to worry about, Dave, I've seen your videos and nothing has caused me to stir below the nipple line.

Now, Larry, and his sexy legs is another story. How about it, Larry, let's see another video of those sexy legs . . . . . .

One good round of golf was all it was ever gonna take for the real Tiger to stand up. At the end of the day Tiger and the fans want the same thing, a victorious fist pumping Tiger shitting all over his vanquished opponents. And Tiger is smart enough to know how to give the fans what they want without sounding like a douche in interviews.

Tiger couldn't quite get it done today, but showed enough to suggest he is back and should be a lay down for the coming Opens and maybe the PGA. As has been usual lately for Tiger, he has had trouble with the Augusta greens, and was woefully out of sorts for most of his round. For him to be able to shoot 70 with what could only be described as his B game is proof that he is back bigger and better than ever. Westwood played out of his skin and had more lucky breaks than the rest of the field and still only went 2 lower than Tiger. I'd be surprised to see him shoot that low tomorrow as I think he used up all his luck today, and his record of choking in final rounds of majors is well established. Phil played the round of the tournament and looks strong going int Sunday. Tiger has a chance to do smething he's never done before by winninga major from behind, but I think he has sported the leaders too many shots, and I can't see Phil going backwards tmorrow. Out of Phil and Westwood, my money has to be on Phil. As I said, Westwood got some amazing breaks to keep saving par today, but I cdan't see him getting around tomorrow with only one shot dropped to par. Phil will drop plenty of shots tomorrow too, but he has alot more birdies in him than Westwood or anyone else in the field. Westwood needs to play mistake free golf to win, but Phil can play agressive and drop the odd shot here and there knowing he has the game to make it back.

Tiger couldn't quite get it done today, but showed enough to suggest he is back and should be a lay down for the coming Opens and maybe the PGA. As has been usual lately for Tiger, he has had trouble with the Augusta greens, and was woefully out of sorts for most of his round. For him to be able to shoot 70 with what could only be described as his B game is proof that he is back bigger and better than ever. Westwood played out of his skin and had more lucky breaks than the rest of the field and still only went 2 lower than Tiger. I'd be surprised to see him shoot that low tomorrow as I think he used up all his luck today, and his record of choking in final rounds of majors is well established. Phil played the round of the tournament and looks strong going int Sunday. Tiger has a chance to do smething he's never done before by winninga major from behind, but I think he has sported the leaders too many shots, and I can't see Phil going backwards tmorrow. Out of Phil and Westwood, my money has to be on Phil. As I said, Westwood got some amazing breaks to keep saving par today, but I cdan't see him getting around tomorrow with only one shot dropped to par. Phil will drop plenty of shots tomorrow too, but he has alot more birdies in him than Westwood or anyone else in the field. Westwood needs to play mistake free golf to win, but Phil can play agressive and drop the odd shot here and there knowing he has the game to make it back.

Westwood will crumble tomorrow because his drives will be as crooked as his teeth. He's used up his good shots. Same for Phil. Tiger will destroy the field tomorrow. Tiger will win for sure.

Was it the 17th where Moobs hit that monster flop and made the par putt?

I just never see anyone but Moobs take that big full swing from 10 yards and pop that ball straight into the air like that off tight lies... it's doable, we can all do it if we try enough times, but it's unbelievable to pull that one off in tournament play.. Augusta.. the weekend.. TIGHT lie... when you see the backswing you expect the ball to go 90 yards.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Westwood will go alright in the last round. He may not win, but he will not fold. He is a very experienced player these days and does know how to play the final round of a major. He has a very sound swing under pressure and in recent times has been playing with a lot of confidence and belief.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

For as much as I despise Moobs, he played a hell of a round today. And yes, I think that was 17 where he hit that flop. Great shot.

Westwood is still rather unproven under pressure in a major in my book. His history isn't exactly flattering, though I hope he can contend right up until the end.

I still hope tiger chases em down and we go to a playoff.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Quote Originally Posted by wofat
    For as much as I despise Moobs, he played a hell of a round today. And yes, I think that was 17 where he hit that flop. Great shot.

Westwood is still rather unproven under pressure in a major in my book. His history isn't exactly flattering, though I hope he can contend right up until the end.

I still hope tiger chases em down and we go to a playoff.
    I hope Tiger chokes in front of the whole world, but I fear that he might make a charge in usual Tiger fashion.

Mickelboobs played a superb game today, but I see him folding like a wet blanket tomorrow. I hope he wins over Tiger and I will win at least one of my 3 bets.

Please, God, do not allow a fuzzy foreigner to win this event . . . .

Moobs shot was on 18 to get up and down for par. Under the circumstances it was an incredible shot. Nobody else in the field, including Tiger, would even consider paying that shot, and certainly nobody else could pull it off. I'm hoping Tiger can come from behind and win, but out of the last pair I hope Moobs gets up over the snaggle toothed Englishman. Westwood bogied 3 of the last 4 holes last year to miss the pen playoff, so I hope he throws away another major. Since Moobs won a few and Sergio has disappeared, golf has missed a bona fide major choker. Westwood can step up tomorrow and become that golfer the world laughs at.

Moobs shot was on 18 to get up and down for par. Under the circumstances it was an incredible shot. Nobody else in the field, including Tiger, would even consider paying that shot, and certainly nobody else could pull it off. I'm hoping Tiger can come from behind and win, but out of the last pair I hope Moobs gets up over the snaggle toothed Englishman. Westwood bogied 3 of the last 4 holes last year to miss the pen playoff, so I hope he throws away another major. Since Moobs won a few and Sergio has disappeared, golf has missed a bona fide major choker. Westwood can step up tomorrow and become that golfer the world laughs at.
    What is the infatuation with Tiger, NAH? He has been nothing but the perfect dickless wonder in handling his infidelity nightmare. I fail to see your admiration in him . . . .

What is the infatuation with Tiger, NAH? He has been nothing but the perfect dickless wonder in handling his infidelity nightmare. I fail to see your admiration in him . . . .
    I just like watching the best player in the world. I'd also like to see him stick it up all those conservative SOBs like Watson and that cracker arse from Augusta. Who the fuk do they think they are publicly tellin Tiger how to live his life. Especially Watson telling the media that he spoke to Tiger and gave him a lecture on family values. I seem to remember reading about Watson trading in his wife for a younger model a few years back. If Tiger had any balls off the course he would have tracked Watson down and fixed his clock just for having the nerve to call him and deliver that little sermon, let alone telling the world about it.

What an exhilarating moving day. Just finished watching the DVR and this was one of the best tournament rounds I've ever seen. Augusta seems to finally be realizing that brutal difficulty needs to be balanced with scoring opportunities. The rapid succession of eagles on the back was not only fantastic to watch, but the cheers took the two Englishmen out of their games, at least for a time. Competing through generating cheers should always be a part of this tournament. If they make the course too hard, it loses that.

One of the most amazing things about Augusta is the acoustics and when eagles drop, the roars can be heard far and wide, sending shock waves through the field. Mickelson nearly making three eagles in a row was truly amazing.

I have to say though, I find myself rooting against Tiger. Didn't take him long to start acting like a spoiled, entitled b.itch again. Go blow yourself, Tiger. I'd rather see anyone else win. Can't imagine rooting for him again. He's just a first class d.ick.
    GR lives...

To be honest, I think Phil Mickelson looks good as hell...

He has nice strong arms now, and he has ripped up about as much as "Eldrick the Retard" has.

...and I do not see any titties. No titties on a man is a plus for me. I like Phil now.

Am I living in another universe?

Freddie Couples is my favorite, and Phil Mickelson is my second favorite to win now; granted, I hated the titty look Phil had a few years ago, but, damn, he looks good now.

And Phil's swing is on fire. I don't see the nerd I once saw.

I see a man.

spank

p.s. I love the Chink too; he is third.

Phil definitely resembled a man out there today. He's going to be tough to beat. Fred should have won in 2006, but he must have missed 4 putts of 4 feet or less on the back in the final round and let it get away. Would be fun to see him win.

Westwood could do it though. If he's ok going out in public with those teeth, he has to be pretty fearless and he's playing great. Choke? He has really fast rhythm so it's possible.
    GR lives...

Phil definitely resembled a man out there today. He's going to be tough to beat. Fred should have won in 2006, but he must have missed 4 putts of 4 feet or less on the back in the final round and let it get away. Would be fun to see him win.

Westwood could do it though. If he's ok going out in public with those teeth, he has to be pretty fearless and he's playing great. Choke? He has really fast rhythm so it's possible.
    Westwood will crumble.

He is an Englishman, and his teeth look like dice...

Buck tooth, rotted gum, gapped ass bastard is going to want to hide from the camera tomorrow.

My heavens, go see a dentist, son!!!

No way he will win.

I think he has the best swing in golf. Unbelievable how he swings the club so effortlessly with so much power. Fun to watch but almost impossible to replicate. The guy has talent pouring out of his ears. I think his putter will let him down during a couple of the rounds but I want to see him win.
    I really want my boy Freddy to win this time... Over the years of following him, I observe that - at least on TV - Fred ALWAYS aims left and shoot straight, his shoulder is quite open at setup... I don't have his swing but I also aims left and shoot straight. Most of us believe that if we have a slice issue then we are better off with a closed stance, but not for me, perhaps we all turn and swing differently. I have a strong left grip + weak/neutral right grip and it works well for me

"Yes, Mr. Mayor, it's true.. this man has no dick"

Bill Murray, Ghostbusters II.

but irony of ironies, if only Tiger actually HAD no dick, none of this sheite would have happened to him.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I'm with Zo, I just can't pull for Tiger. I don't mind it when he wins, but I just prefer to see someone else.
    All the analyst are saying he's too far back to win and that's crap. Westwood and Phil have choke potential. Hell, even if they have a good round Eldrick can go 66 to their 69 and force a playoff.
    I agree with NaH. Watson is a douche.
    I agree with Spank in that for some reason, Phil doesn't irritate me like he used too. Maybe it's the breast reduction.
    I disagree with Dave. The dickless bit is from the original Ghostbusters.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I disagree with Dave. The dickless bit is from the original Ghostbusters.
    I think you're right..

best GB line.. when the ghost Titanic pulls into the harbor and the ghost passengers start debarking, the harbormaster guy (Cheech Marin) shrugs and says "better late than never."
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

3:00 pm Eastern time.

Phil and KJ look sharp.
    Tiger and Westwood look like shite.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

5:52 PM EST: 14th hole-- As K.J. address his tap-in bogie putt, Tiger walks to the back of the hole covering K.J. with his shadow just as Choi starts his backswing. I am sitting on my couch with the dog and yell "you rude bastard, hope you miss your birdie putt." And someone must be listening 'cause he 3-jacks it. Amen.

Everyone seems determined to toss away whatever advantage they happen to have. INCLUDING Tiger, for a change. I thought Choi was golden, but that bunker shot was sheite. Phil missing that eagle was amazing. Credit him for that five iron to the par 5, but it ain't over yet.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Congratulations to Phil. I was rooting for Westwood. Tiger needs to go somewhere remote and meditate on sportsmanship. Maybe he should go back to Stanford and get his degree. And quit hanging around low lifes like Barkley and Jordan. Get a face tattoo like Tyson. At least Nike wasn't the brand of the winner.

I'm not one to normally jump on bandwagons, but I think my irritation with Phil has gone too. I found myslef pulling for him in the shootout at the top of the leaderboard, but it was the shot into 13 that really made me a fan. Standing in that pine straw with a tree in front, the obvious choice was to dog it down to lay up area. A Zach Johnson would have laid up form a perfect lie in the fairway from there, but Phil didn't even consider layipng up. He just stepped up and played possbily the shot of the tournament right there, and there have been some great shots this week.

Phil was a deserving champion, as he went out and won it, he didn't play safe and hope that the other guys lost it. This will go down as one of the great Masters of recent years, and surpassed last years Tiger/Phil last day shootout. I hope Phil can keep it rolling and give the rest of the majors this year a shot. I think Tiger will be his main rival for the next two though. Tiger didn't set the course on fire, but he made enough birdies and eagles today to give it a shake, but he made way too many cheap bogies. For Tiger to finish as high up as he did with what was obviously his B or even C game off the tee, and having to contend with the inconsistent putting that seems to plague him at Augusta, is a monumental achievement and should set him up nicely for the rest of the year.

This year could finally be the year when Phil and Tiger both rise above the scum and have a real rivalry for the majors. I think the next 2 or 3 years might belong to Phil and Tiger.

The snaggle toothed Englishman aquitted himself well, but he absolutely played as well as he could possibly hope to play and still got smashed. That's 3 major near misses in 2 years, but this one wasn't a choke job like the others.

Good for Phil! It sure seemed like he was trying to throw it away though. Every time he pulled that damn driver out I yelled at the tv.
    Whew! 2 days of watching golf. I don't even want to look at the couch for a few days! Watching the Masters in HD on a big flat screen is incredible though......
    team obnoxious

Phil acted for the last two days like he wanted to win this thing and he seized the day today and brought it home. Great win . . . . .

Gotta give credit where it's due. That US open collapse would have been the end of some golfers run at majors, but ol' McTits overcame. Arnie choked away an open and never won a major again if my memory serves me correct.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Gotta give credit where it's due. That US open collapse would have been the end of some golfers run at majors, but ol' McTits overcame. Arnie choked away an open and never won a major again if my memory serves me correct.
    Arnie's major win streak lasted only six years. He was an afterthought by 1965. Most people think he won majors a lot longer than he actually did... his last tour win was the Hope in 1973. But his last major was the Masters of 1964. That was 46 years ago.

Good for Moobs. Tiger sounded so arrogant and selfish in the post round interview that he might get booed in his NEXT appearance on general principles. He was nasty and not humble or genial at all. Kostis didn't know what to think. It wasn't pretty.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Arnie's major win streak lasted only six years. He was an afterthought by 1965. Most people think he won majors a lot longer than he actually did... his last tour win was the Hope in 1973. But his last major was the Masters of 1964. That was 46 years ago.

Good for Moobs. Tiger sounded so arrogant and selfish in the post round interview that he might get booed in his NEXT appearance on general principles. He was nasty and not humble or genial at all. Kostis didn't know what to think. It wasn't pretty.
    And Arnie's first Masters (and major) came after he flagrantly breached the rules of golf, but was let off by the match officials at Augusta. Although he didn't actually cheat when he played a second ball from the embedded lie on 12 or 14 (I think) that day, he didn't anounce he was playing a second ball til after he made double with the original ball. This leaves him open to accusations that he wouldn't have played the second ball if he had made birdie or even par with the first. If you do not agree with your partners ruling and there are no officials on hand, you must anounce you are going to play a second ball before proceeding to play the first ball, then let the officials decide which score stands at the end of the round. I honestly think that in those days golf was struggling and Arnie was seen as the saviour of the tour, and there would have been too much outside pressure on the match officials for them to disqualify him for breach of ruiles, or make the first score count which would have had him lose by a shot. Golf needed Arnie to be Masters champion, even if that meant selling their integrity down the shitt shoot.

I noticed that as well. He seemed equally dismissive after his first round interview. I could really care less about him banging skanks. His on course behavior is what turns me off. If I was standing near Tiger with, for example, a 7 year old daugter, and he screamed out "fukk!!!" after and errant shot, I would be pissed. I though maybe his current ordeal would make him grow up a little. Guess not.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I noticed that as well. He seemed equally dismissive after his first round interview. I could really care less about him banging skanks. His on course behavior is what turns me off. If I was standing near Tiger with, for example, a 7 year old daugter, and he screamed out "fukk!!!" after and errant shot, I would be pissed. I though maybe his current ordeal would make him grow up a little. Guess not.
    I heard at least one Jesus Christ! today. Personally I don't think Tiger dops the F bomb often enough. The game would be more fun to watch with more F bombs and on course tantrums. Nobody here can tell me that Tennis wasn't moreexciting when McEnroe was like a volcano waiting to explode, abusing chair umpires and linesman and smashing up raquets. It's simple equation, cursing + club throwing + abusing dumb arse fans who don't know when to keep their motuhs shut = walking off the course = perosnality and higher ratings.

I heard at least one Jesus Christ! today. Personally I don't think Tiger dops the F bomb often enough. The game would be more fun to watch with more F bombs and on course tantrums. Nobody here can tell me that Tennis wasn't moreexciting when McEnroe was like a volcano waiting to explode, abusing chair umpires and linesman and smashing up raquets. It's simple equation, cursing + club throwing + abusing dumb arse fans who don't know when to keep their motuhs shut = walking off the course = perosnality and higher ratings.
    I agree, I just think they should rate the tourneys "R" so noone brings the kids, then have it no holds barred. It would be awsome to see Sergio whipping it out and pissing in the hole after he missed a two and a half footer. Tiger throwing his entire bag into Rae's creek, the yelling at Stevie, "Hop in and get my fukking clubs, b!tch!"
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I agree, I just think they should rate the tourneys "R" so noone brings the kids, then have it no holds barred. It would be awsome to see Sergio whipping it out and pissing in the hole after he missed a two and a half footer. Tiger throwing his entire bag into Rae's creek, the yelling at Stevie, "Hop in and get my fukking clubs, b!tch!"
    Now you're talking. How fukking great would that shitt be. Or watching Stevie grab one of those Quiet signs and whack the first person who clicked a camera during Tiger's backswing fair across the head.

Tiger may seem a bit arrogant to viewers when interviewed but I can understand why after that idiot interviewed him today. The first few holes Tiger is bogeying holes and hitting it horrible. What's he supposed to do, walk around with a smile on his face? "hey Tiger, it seems like you still need to work on that change in character". Tiger "F.uck you...how's that?".

I am very disappointed in Tiger for swiping at that second putt and missing it. He's acting like a spoiled little kid out there when things aren't going his way.

Phil's shot to the 15th from behind that tree on the pine straw was the most heroic shot I've ever seen in golf. Incredible. I thought I saw him hit the tree with his club on the follow through but not sure. Phil is a stud and I think he won over a lot of fans today.

Quick question. Throughout the telecast I kept hearing the announcers comment on how this is the first tournament where Tiger has to play wedges with traditional v-grooves and how he's not used to them. However, last year I kept hearing how Tiger's wedges were already equipped with v-grooves and how that would give him an advantage because he wouldn't need to switch when the new rule went into effect. Which is it?

Or watching Stevie grab one of those Quiet signs and whack the first person who clicked a camera during Tiger's backswing fair across the head.
    Or coughing the word "Prick!" during Phil's backswing.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Tiger may seem a bit arrogant to viewers when interviewed but I can understand why after that idiot interviewed him today. The first few holes Tiger is bogeying holes and hitting it horrible. What's he supposed to do, walk around with a smile on his face? "hey Tiger, it seems like you still need to work on that change in character". Tiger "F.uck you...how's that?".

I am very disappointed in Tiger for swiping at that second putt and missing it. He's acting like a spoiled little kid out there when things aren't going his way.

Phil's shot to the 15th from behind that tree on the pine straw was the most heroic shot I've ever seen in golf. Incredible. I thought I saw him hit the tree with his club on the follow through but not sure. Phil is a stud and I think he won over a lot of fans today.
    I can't believe that jumped up little turd would have the nerve to ask Tiger questions like that. Everybody should know that the way he played today is totally unacceptable for a golfer as good as Tiger, and F bombs are to be expected.

The main reason I am happy for Phil is that he played some unbelievably low percentage shots today but pulled them off. Although Tiger didn't play near his best, even Tiger's best golf ever wouldn't have got the job done today from 3 behind Phil. Phil was just way too good for a B game Tiger and the rest of that hopeless chopper field.

Just when I though Tiger couldn't fall any lower, he throws tantrums and spews profanity on the course, and then is arrogant when interviewed afterwards. He is showing his true character; a spoiled, newly rich little boy who whines when things don't go his way. You'd think he would have enough self control to at least put on some "company manners" on his first trip back, but NOOOOOOOOO....

I admire his abilities, but not him.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Just when I though Tiger couldn't fall any lower, he throws tantrums and spews profanity on the course, and then is arrogant when interviewed afterwards. He is showing his true character; a spoiled, newly rich little boy who whines when things don't go his way. You'd think he would have enough self control to at least put on some "company manners" on his first trip back, but NOOOOOOOOO....

I admire his abilities, but not him.
    Do you think that maybe Tiger is merely a product of his environment, and the same interviewers and fans who used to fawn all over him when he was on top are in some way responsible for the wya Tiger behaves. All through his golfing career he has been arrogant, spewing profanities and throwing tantrums, but the message he has got is "wow tiger you are so great, we are so lucky to have a great guy like you in golf, how about an autograph". It's a bit rich for the media to now criticise him for being the same person who was always accepted before this scandal broke. Tiger has accepted that what he has done off the golf course is worng, but why should he be criticised for behaving on the course the same way he has always behaved and which resulted in him being feted as a god?

Do you think that maybe Tiger is merely a product of his environment, and the same interviewers and fans who used to fawn all over him when he was on top are in some way responsible for the wya Tiger behaves. All through his golfing career he has been arrogant, spewing profanities and throwing tantrums, but the message he has got is "wow tiger you are so great, we are so lucky to have a great guy like you in golf, how about an autograph". It's a bit rich for the media to now criticise him for being the same person who was always accepted before this scandal broke. Tiger has accepted that what he has done off the golf course is worng, but why should he be criticised for behaving on the course the same way he has always behaved and which resulted in him being feted as a god?
    Very good points made.

Very good points made.
    You sound surprised.

You sound surprised.
    You're projecting......I am in agreement. Celebrities are treated with a double standard by the press, just like some politicians are treated with kid gloves by some members of the press.

You're projecting......I am in agreement. Celebrities are treated with a double standard by the press, just like some politicians are treated with kid gloves by some members of the press.
    Not so much over here. In Oz there is a thing called the "tall poppy syndrome" which basically means any head that pops up above the crowd for any reason will be lopped off. We especially enjoy taking down politicians. Over here Prime Ministers are universally ridiculed and reviled. I can't believe the reverence that is placed on the office of President by Joe average over in the states. I could almost guarantee you that none of our Prime Minister's minders would consider it an honour to jump in front of a sniper's bullet, quite the contrary they would consider it the act of a crazy person.

Thread Information