|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Masters TV graphic

There is a repeating graphic in this telecast, and it is the ground level view of a driver hitting a ball in slow motion. They use it as background for the hole name and number, when they're about to show a replay.

Has anyone besides me noticed that, when the driver strikes the ball, it is a HORRIBLE heel/top? Low on the face, too close to the hosel... if that was a real tee shot it would go 125 yards into the trees on the left.

Why doesn't someone who PLAYS THIS GAME look at their graphics and "approve" them?

The more I see it, the more afraid I am of subconsciously absorbing it and hitting low heelers off the tee for the next YEAR.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    There is a repeating graphic in this telecast, and it is the ground level view of a driver hitting a ball in slow motion. They use it as background for the hole name and number, when they're about to show a replay.

Has anyone besides me noticed that, when the driver strikes the ball, it is a HORRIBLE heel/top? Low on the face, too close to the hosel... if that was a real tee shot it would go 125 yards into the trees on the left.

Why doesn't someone who PLAYS THIS GAME look at their graphics and "approve" them?

The more I see it, the more afraid I am of subconsciously absorbing it and hitting low heelers off the tee for the next YEAR.

Dave, I sincerely hope this does not happen to you . . . . . . . . . except on April 22nd.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Dave, I sincerely hope this does not happen to you . . . . . . . . . except on April 22nd.
    Your sincerity in this post is beyond question. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I noticed that too Dave. First time I didn't think about it, just the fact that it was a Tour Burner driver. Second time I thought it was a little low on the face. Now the more I watch it, it looks like the person just hit a right to left screamer.

I would expect they hired an expert... like Larry.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

In Australia they use a graphic of an iron shot from some grass, but the grass is long and the shot is way fat. Sounds like we have copied you Americans again.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Yes i noticed it too. Hit very low on the face. Pretty careless for a telcast with a worldwide audience.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

You bunch of numbskulls. It's to prove the Taylormade Tour Burner is so forgiving that the end result will still be a perfect draw finishing up 350 down the middle despite not hitting it out of the screws.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    You bunch of numbskulls. It's to prove the Taylormade Tour Burner is so forgiving that the end result will still be a perfect draw finishing up 350 down the middle despite not hitting it out of the screws.

as I read this post, my skull became more and more numb...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

as I read this post, my skull became more and more numb...
    Subliminal marketing Dave, very powerful.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Noticed it also..... gave me gas as I was shocked to see it from the PGA reviewed graphic..

Not to hijack the thread but..... Does anyone know if Jim Nance is a gay blade? Him and his silly ass sob sister drama crap drive me out of the room...As bad as that simpleton "Jimmy whatever" ya know, the little dude that has a hollywood movie tear jerker soundtrack playing with all of his video-stories of hardship and dying family members for everyone he interviews or expose's

Im up to here with the coverage anyway, I like Faldo, David FeR-Her-Tee and Johnny Miller however

Quote Originally Posted by Da Blade
    Noticed it also..... gave me gas as I was shocked to see it from the PGA reviewed graphic..

Not to hijack the thread but..... Does anyone know if Jim Nance is a gay blade? Him and his silly ass sob sister drama crap drive me out of the room...As bad as that simpleton "Jimmy whatever" ya know, the little dude that has a hollywood movie tear jerker soundtrack playing with all of his video-stories of hardship and dying family members for everyone he interviews or expose's

Im up to here with the coverage anyway, I like Faldo, David FeR-Her-Tee and Johnny Miller however
    I agree about Nantz, total DB. I also like Feherty, but Faldo is an English twat with a face you'd like to punch.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

On second thought, I agree.... Faldo has pissed me off a few times with his arrogance.

Yeah, Dave, I noticed that too. Looked like a total snapper, plus that swing took a divot.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Yeah, Dave, I noticed that too. Looked like a total snapper, plus that swing took a divot.
    as I say, do they not 'vet' these little pieces by showing them to people who PLAY THIS GAME?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

During most telecasts, Faldo is informative and insightful. Not the case at the Masters where he just seems to mumble and bumble without providing much useful information. He either has the idea that the expanded viewing audience doesn't want the golf minutia the normal audience does, or he's nauseated from sitting in the booth with Nants.

I think it's the latter.

If things were as they should be, Feherty would be doing the whole gig, not just the 15th hole. What does it say about our world that Nanse gets 18 holes and Feherty gets one?
    GR lives...

I think all the announcers (with the exception of Nantzce) feel a bit gun-shy because of the proverbial axe that The Masters wields. Look what they did to that unfunny, irreverent McCord. Nancesztz really doesn't have to alter his behavior because he's just sappy enough to embrace all the weirdness and politeness that goes into calling a Masters. Even Feherty was walking on eggshells in his commentary. Patrons? B!tch, please.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I think all the announcers (with the exception of Nantzce) feel a bit gun-shy because of the proverbial axe that The Masters wields. Look what they did to that unfunny, irreverent McCord. Nancesztz really doesn't have to alter his behavior because he's just sappy enough to embrace all the weirdness and politeness that goes into calling a Masters. Even Feherty was walking on eggshells in his commentary. Patrons? B!tch, please.
    yep, and those stuffed shirts need to grow up and change with the times.. they don't realize the HUGE POPULARITY of the McCord Feherty axis... funny stuff just GOES with golf. The old green turds at the Augusta CC are too tight in the anuss...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

yep, and those stuffed shirts need to grow up and change with the times.. they don't realize the HUGE POPULARITY of the McCord Feherty axis... funny stuff just GOES with golf. The old green turds at the Augusta CC are too tight in the anuss...
    Obviously everyone's in fear that they will get a pinkslip from whomever it is at CBS that is blowing Tom Watson. Apparently one complaint call from Turtle Head Tom will get you sh!tcanned immediately.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Obviously everyone's in fear that they will get a pinkslip from whomever it is at CBS that is blowing Tom Watson. Apparently one complaint call from Turtle Head Tom will get you sh!tcanned immediately.
    Did you see the clip from the Golf Channel after the first day of the Master's? They were talking about Watson being a pick for the Ryder Cup. They said Watson would be a better pick than Couples. Go figure.

Thread Information