|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.

Official NHL Playoff Thread

I'm cheering for Montreal/Phoenix Final.
    Pipe dream....i know

I only expect FON to respond. Thank you

Montreal final?

Do you suffer from brain damage?

Their out first ****ing round.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Montreal final?

I said who I'm cheering for.....and added pipe dream, not who was going to win. Geeeezzzz!

6 of the series are all tied up as of tonight. Lots of overtime being played too. Should be a great playoffs, even though my team is eating up all the tee times around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    I said who I'm cheering for.....and added pipe dream, not who was going to win. Geeeezzzz!

6 of the series are all tied up as of tonight. Lots of overtime being played too. Should be a great playoffs, even though my team is eating up all the tee times around here.

Hahahaha. I'm just a Leaf's "fan".

I don't think they televise these games in the US. For something to get televised here, it has to be more interesting than re-runs of Laverne and Shirley.

I have a signed Dion Phaneuf jersey for sale.......I'm sure you can just unstitch the "C" and put a Maple Leaf on the front.

Why do white middle aged guys love wearing their team's jersey at games so much. Do you really think you might be called in to play? Do you bring your skates, too? BTW, Dion Phaneuf sounds like an intestinal disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German
    Why do white middle aged guys love wearing their team's jersey at games so much. Do you really think you might be called in to play? Do you bring your skates, too? BTW, Dion Phaneuf sounds like an intestinal disorder.
    Dion Phaneuf will give you more than an intestinal disorder when you keep your head down center ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iql-lyihBkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVBCFYWIEQ

In Calgary, every single citizen from newborns to 90 year olds, have a Flames Shirt, Jersey, or hat. I doubt you'd find better fans of a sports team anywhere.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Dion Phaneuf will give you more than an intestinal disorder when you keep your head down center ice.

In Calgary, every single citizen from newborns to 90 year olds, have a Flames Shirt, Jersey, or hat. I doubt you'd find better fans of a sports team anywhere.
    I dunno man. Phillies fans are pretty gung ho too. They get really drunk and deliberately puke on off duty cops and kids and then get punched in the face.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    I dunno man. Phillies fans are pretty gung ho too. They get really drunk and deliberately puke on off duty cops and kids and then get punched in the face.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407
    That is beyond disgusting! What happened to the good ol' days when you just dump a beer on someone?

In the first video, he hits someone with his ass and falls down. How is that special? I started to watch the second video but fell asleep. I think it was some propaganda piece designed to make something insignificant significant.

Sounds like Calgary fans are all trapped in some intense fantasy involving them scoring the winning goal. There certainly are better fans than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German
    In the first video, he hits someone with his ass and falls down. How is that special? I started to watch the second video but fell asleep. I think it was some propaganda piece designed to make something insignificant significant.

Sounds like Calgary fans are all trapped in some intense fantasy involving them scoring the winning goal. There certainly are better fans than that.
    I wouldn't expect you to understand hockey, massive hits and true athleticism. Isn't your national sport sheep dog herding?

We all know the Scottish people are some of the laziest, least productive people in the western world. Only the Greeks and the old eastern block countries fall below Scottish productivity levels.

No wonder you weren't able to watch the second video....peanuts have larger attention spans than the Scot's.

Im with Vancouver in the West and Pittsburgh in the East.
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Is it time for hockey again already? I thought they started the season in the fall? Are they back from strike yet?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Is it time for hockey again already? I thought they started the season in the fall? Are they back from strike yet?
    Hockery.....

Soccery......

It's not golf and it's not football (the real kind)

Subsequently, it is gay and not to be tolerated.

Curling is cool though.

As far as winter sports go, I like it the best. But then I live in Florida and it reminds me of some crazy ass take on shuffle board or something.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

I'm cheering for Montreal/Phoenix Final.
    Pipe dream....i know

I only expect FON to respond. Thank you

River, you clearly have lowered expectations...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyhTJXFBPyg

OK, seriously...

Montreal would be cool to see in the finals, I'd cheer for them just because of Cammy... love that little guy.

However - I'm rooting for Pittsburgh in the east, for what should be obvious reasons. My cousin is the captain of the team FFS... Sid has been THE MAN so far.

Since the Flames are out, I really don't have a favorite in the west. Just the ABCD rule - Anyone But the Canucks or Detroit. I can't stand the Nucks with those cheap-ass divers Burrows and Kesler on the team. Luongo too for the same reasons. This time of year you really see the true color of the players.

I can get behind Phoenix though - with their lack of support from the ownership, all the issues they've had as a franchise... to be where they are today is a credit to the character of those players in the room, the commitment they have to Tippett's coaching, their heart and desire to be winners. I'm loving the beatings they are laying on Detroit. If the Pens make an early exit I guess I'll be cheering for the desert dogs. Lots of former Flames down there so it won't be hard to get behind them. I still miss Lombo. Damn that guy was fast, even if every shot he took did find the opposing team logo... I'd love to have him back. Stajan for Lombardi - do it Sutter!

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I thought the Olympics were over a couple months ago. Why are people still playing hockey?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I thought the Olympics were over a couple months ago. Why are people still playing hockey?
    See???

He gets it.

The Canadians won didn't they?
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Now this is one dedicated Penguins fan.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ac...689/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    However - I'm rooting for Pittsburgh in the east, for what should be obvious reasons. My cousin is the captain of the team FFS... Sid has been THE MAN so far.

FON

I'm still checking the mail every day for that Pens jersey.

I took off my "Not a chance in Hell" Tee shirt and put on "I Believe" shirt last night.
    What a game the HABs had.

Could we dream of an all Canadian final?
    Last edited by Riverologist; 04-29-2010 at 09:37 AM.

I took of my "Not a chance in Hell" Tee shirt and put on "I Believe" shirt last night.

H8er

LOL
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

I took off my "Not a chance in Hell" Tee shirt and put on "I Believe" shirt last night.

Why not? It's not like anyone would be upset in America.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Why not? It's not like anyone would be upset in America.
    The old "We'll give you sh.it if we win!" but if we lose it's because "We don't give a fuk!" trick.

Works every time.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    The old "We'll give you sh.it if we win!" but if we lose it's because "We don't give a fuk!" trick.

Works every time.
    Not quite. I don't even think the playoffs are televised here. I think they may have a game on the weekend on a majorish network, but hockey is relegated to minor pay channels like Versus in the States. I'm sure hockey is a lovely game, but it holds a spot somewhere around Aussie Football in the hearts and minds of most people in the US.
    So, that said, go Canada!
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Not quite. I don't even think the playoffs are televised here. I think they may have a game on the weekend on a majorish network, but hockey is relegated to minor pay channels like Versus in the States. I'm sure hockey is a lovely game, but it holds a spot somewhere around Aussie Football in the hearts and minds of most people in the US.
    So, that said, go Canada!
    Canada has only 6 teams out of the entire 30 team league. Obviously there's a following in the US. Only one of our national networks carry the games on the weekends too....CBC, Hockey Night in Canada it's called. All other games are on the sports networks just like the US. You make it sound like every single network and channel is hockey 24/7.

You fail in a large way on this one. Try watching the game, especially in the playoffs. Great action. I guess you aren't a sports fan. I'll watch any sport over some sitcom

Canada has only 6 teams out of the entire 30 team league. Obviously there's a following in the US. Only one of our national networks carry the games on the weekends too....CBC, Hockey Night in Canada it's called. All other games are on the sports networks just like the US. You make it sound like every single network and channel is hockey 24/7.

You fail in a large way on this one. Try watching the game, especially in the playoffs. Great action. I guess you aren't a sports fan. I'll watch any sport over some sitcom
    I tried watching the hockey in the recent Olympics. In fact I had a Canadian visitor staying at the time. It's hard to watch when you don't know the game and can't even see the puck.

Now where the f#ck am I?

It's a tough sell to most of the US. We didn't play it growing up, it isn't televised or marketed well, my city doesn't have a team, most of the pro players in US cities are from other countries. I worked in Buffalo for 2 years and went to 2 Sabres games. They were a good time. Then I tried watching a game on TV and that sport doesn't view well on TV. There are maybe 2 cameras. It's like the broadcasts aren't even trying to present a good product.
    I know hockey is some kind of religion up in Canada, but I here so much more about the NBA, MLB, NFL during the regular season than I hear about hockey in the playoffs. Just being honest...
    I really don't watch a ton of TV, and when I do it's a compromise with the wife. We'll watch some of her shows during the week, and we'll watch some type of sports on the weekend.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

It's a tough sell to most of the US. We didn't play it growing up, it isn't televised or marketed well, my city doesn't have a team, most of the pro players in US cities are from other countries. I worked in Buffalo for 2 years and went to 2 Sabres games. They were a good time. Then I tried watching a game on TV and that sport doesn't view well on TV. There are maybe 2 cameras. It's like the broadcasts aren't even trying to present a good product.
    I know hockey is some kind of religion up in Canada, but I here so much more about the NBA, MLB, NFL during the regular season than I hear about hockey in the playoffs. Just being honest...
    I really don't watch a ton of TV, and when I do it's a compromise with the wife. We'll watch some of her shows during the week, and we'll watch some type of sports on the weekend.
    We've already had the entire hockey debate in other threads. I get it. But it's not as dismissed as a sport as you say it is. It can't be to have 30 teams and million dollar salaries. But I get your point that its a hard sell to those out of the snow belt, especially to those who never seen snow or ice in their life.

Aren't you the sweet one . . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Huh?

Buy another TV.

Duh.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

We've already had the entire hockey debate in other threads. I get it. But it's not as dismissed as a sport as you say it is. It can't be to have 30 teams and million dollar salaries. But I get your point that its a hard sell to those out of the snow belt, especially to those who never seen snow or ice in their life.
    ... and can' ice skate for shite!

Now where the f#ck am I?

... and can' ice skate for shite!
    I prefer field hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Montreal final?

Want to revise your comment?
    Last edited by Riverologist; 05-13-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Hey b!tch, I wanted to tell you that you Canadians are going to get your ass handed to by the San Jose Sharks pretty soon, IF you advance... A bunch of Mexicans and some Canadians that left for greener pastures will soon kick your ass if you get that far...

If I may digress; you retards actually get into senior hockey and kick each others asses all night? wtf? I think Boomhauer is one of those guys; that man scares me.

Hey, so what is up with that HBO documentary or whatever on hockey in the 70's? They just let you fight until it was over... I heard it on the radio today driving to work... I am out; gotta tivo it... Ok, found it; called "Broad Street Bullies."

They had some former pro skater on 680 this morning talking about hockey fighting...

I should have been a hockey player, but I was born when there was no hockey here.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 05-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

The Broad Street Bullies is referring to the then new, first expansion team to win a Stanley Cup...Philadelphia Flyers. Should be a good show...thanks for pointing it out to me. Ever seen the movie "Slap Shot"? Awesome funny movie. I highly recommend it. It's the Caddy Shack of the hockey world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_in_ice_hockey

This is a pretty good synopses of hockey fighting. It has progressed and been refined since the early days of hockey to promote safety and all out brawls. Believe it our not there are rules, written and unwritten, and a player "moral code" when it comes to who fights, etc. There are a lot of people against it. Personally I enjoy it and don't see a problem with it. When watching a a game, it just seems to fit into the physicality of the game.

Chicago is going to kill the Sharks, fyi.

Gotta admit... I didn't see Montreal winning that series against Pittsburgh.

Fleury totally sh!t the bed in the last game - I'd say that was the biggest reason Montreal won. The Habs also did a great job of shutting down center ice on the Pens and shutting down the majority of the Pittsburgh offense in the process. Crosby, Malkin, Staal... they played those guys tight and in the end they were all pretty much non-factors. Cammy lit them up pretty good too, he was outstanding in the series, as was Halak.

Riverologist, if you know where D Sutter lives, could you perhaps do me a favor and deliver a message for me... it involves two bean burritos, the paper bag they came in, a strawberry milkshake, 8 hours, some matches or other source of flame, and ringing a doorbell...

Eat the burritos, drink the milkshake, wait 8 hours, defecate into the bag, light on fire, ring the bell... WIN!!!

We should've kept Cammy.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature

We should've kept Cammy.

FON
    Tell me about it! He was a great match with Iggy. They were both scoring with each other. He shipped him off to make room for Dion, who he ended up getting rid of anyway! And here we are, back to finding another scoring/assisting centre.

I tried watching the hockey in the recent Olympics. In fact I had a Canadian visitor staying at the time. It's hard to watch when you don't know the game and can't even see the puck.
    I think the NHL should follow the lead of the NFL and electronically tag the puck in a yellow like football telecasts do with the first down lines. That would make it more watchable. Plus all the games are televised indoors and the lighting is usually not sufficient for good constant action TV. I burned out on it before the Flyers were a team so I never really followed them. When we were kids, we used to play ice hockey on the pond at my farm and on a creek about a mile down the road that used to freeze solid providing a rink that would stretch for 1/4 mile or more. We would make big bonfires from deadwood and play for hours. Usually one or two of use would have actual hockey stricks and there might be a real puck but the hockey sticks would break, the puck get lost, so bent sticks and smooth rocks were the eventual gear. I guess kids don't do that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I think the NHL should follow the lead of the NFL and electronically tag the puck in a yellow like football telecasts do with the first down lines. That would make it more watchable. Plus all the games are televised indoors and the lighting is usually not sufficient for good constant action TV. I burned out on it before the Flyers were a team so I never really followed them. When we were kids, we used to play ice hockey on the pond at my farm and on a creek about a mile down the road that used to freeze solid providing a rink that would stretch for 1/4 mile or more. We would make big bonfires from deadwood and play for hours. Usually one or two of use would have actual hockey stricks and there might be a real puck but the hockey sticks would break, the puck get lost, so bent sticks and smooth rocks were the eventual gear. I guess kids don't do that much anymore.
    It's not that hard to follow the puck, especially with HD tv now. I do not need to follow the puck at every instant because I understand the overall flow of the game and the positioning of players on the ice.

One of the American networks did try the puck tracking thing in the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FoxTrax

Listening to American coverage of hockey, It doesn't surprise me that many don't watch. Horrible commentating and play by play. Up here I guess we get nothing but the best guys doing it.

It's not that hard to follow the puck, especially with HD tv now. I do not need to follow the puck at every instant because I understand the overall flow of the game and the positioning of players on the ice.

One of the American networks did try the puck tracking thing in the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FoxTrax

Listening to American coverage of hockey, It doesn't surprise me that many don't watch. Horrible commentating and play by play. Up here I guess we get nothing but the best guys doing it.
    Never saw the puck tracking. Maybe helmet cams would do it for me, especially on the goalies. I haven't watched NASCAR at all since they stopped with the cameras mounted on the roll bars coupled with the telemtry. Watching the tv tach and speedo with gear indicator I felt like I was pulling a couple of G's at 8,900 in 3rd and about to pull 4th just past the apex of the corner.

Thread Information