|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I'm turning professional tomorrow...

Nevermind. I'm not good enough.

What's with all these old time posters posting all of a sudden? Jeff, are a couple of these old aliases of you? Just asking . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Finally got the bump and run with the lob wedge down huh?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

i love it
    i phucking love it
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    i love it
    i phucking love it
    NEMO... it's alive! IT'S ALIVE........

where you been, slim?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

lots of school my friend.

been playing a little golf... a very little...

How've you been? How's your Dad getting on?

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    What's with all these old time posters posting all of a sudden? Jeff, are a couple of these old aliases of you? Just asking . . . .
    I'm a legend (in my own mind)

I don't have any other aliases.

Apparently the word has gotten out.

GR is once again the place to be.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    i love it
    i phucking love it
    I had a feeling QCG posting would draw you out.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I had a feeling QCG posting would draw you out.
    Maybe I should bump (n' Run) the classic thread? It was one of my best works from memory.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Maybe I should bump (n' Run) the classic thread? It was one of my best works from memory.
    QCG did a good impression of King Canute trying to hold back the tide in that thread. About as futile as DM trying to defend his $600 wedge purchase.

When was that thread made, 2 years ago? Do any of you have a life that exists away from your computer desk?

But please...feel free to continue to have your digital man-on-man gang-bang, and rally together to support each other's idioitic point of view, eventhough it is not supported by anybody who is actually an authority on the matter.

Just to refresh for the newbies...

"bump and run" = shot played around the green where the objective is to get the ball rolling towards the hole as soon as possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the thread previously mentioned, I suggested this shot could be played with virtually any club in the bag (including a lob wedge) depending on the circumstances, and the player's skill level...which is a fact.

These other circle-jerkers argue that the term refers to, and is predicated on the letter or number on the club itself, and that a wedge can only be used to launch the ball straight up into the air, and have it stop on the green with virtually no roll-out. Again, pure stupidity, due to a lack of common sense, or skill.

Now you know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    When was that thread made, 2 years ago? Do any of you have a life that exists away from your computer desk?

But please...feel free to continue to have your digital man-on-man gang-bang, and rally together to support each other's idioitic point of view, eventhough it is not supported by anybody who is actually an authority on the matter.

"bump and run" = shot played around the green where the objective is to get the ball rolling towards the hole as soon as possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the thread previously mentioned, I suggested this shot could be played with virtually any club in the bag (including a lob wedge) depending on the circumstances, and the player's skill level...which is a fact.

These other circle-jerkers argue that the term refers to, and is predicated on the letter or number on the club itself, and that a wedge can only be used to launch the ball straight up into the air, and have it stop on the green with virtually no roll-out. Again, pure stupidity, due to a lack of common sense, or skill.

Now you know the facts.
    I'm probably going to regret doing this but I use the bump and run with a lob wedge ALL THE TIME! If you are short sided close to the green it's definitely a "go to" shot. I can either play a really touchy, soft hands, flop or I can play a bump and run with a lob wedge. I've actually holed out quite a bit with this shot. If the green slopes away from me I'm forced to play the flop but if it's level or uphill the bump and run is magic!

I reserve the bump and run for only two situations:

1. The distance between my ball and the green is shorter than the distance between the edge of the green and the flag.
    2. I rear end anyone that looks like Snoop Dog or Tupac.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    I'm probably going to regret doing this but I use the bump and run with a lob wedge ALL THE TIME! If you are short sided close to the green it's definitely a "go to" shot. I can either play a really touchy, soft hands, flop or I can play a bump and run with a lob wedge. I've actually holed out quite a bit with this shot. If the green slopes away from me I'm forced to play the flop but if it's level or uphill the bump and run is magic!
    Uh oh, you're asking for it now!

Rest assured, you will be blasted by the circle-jerk crew for this little post of yours. They will tell you that you couldn't possibly be using anything other than a 7 iron for these types of shots...or that you couldn't possibly do anything with a wedge other than hit the ball over a tree.

Be prepaired.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Uh oh, you're asking for it now!

Rest assured, you will be blasted by the circle-jerk crew for this little post of yours. They will tell you that you couldn't possibly be using anything other than a 7 iron for these types of shots...or that you couldn't possibly do anything with a wedge other than hit the ball over a tree.

Be prepaired.
    Ain't gonna happen.

The original crew of decrepit, cranky (and now old) bastards has taken back over after many years of letting GR languish.

Inanity is perfectly acceptable. Insanity is OK too.

However, idiocy, moronity and outright stupidity is no longer allowed and will be dealt with severely.

The aforementioned circle jerk is now being perpetrated at another site. Don't worry, they have their membership closed to just anyone. You have to apply to get in on their fun (I think you need to know the secret handshake too). It's actually quite pathetic.

Oh.........you're from Cincinnati too. Do I know you? I don't live there anymore. The weather sucks. So does the police department. I still have family there though. I feel sorry for them. Poor bastards.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Now you know the facts.
    I have a Cleveland Niblick, bump and run is all I do.

Nice use of the vernacular on your return flame. Very respectable . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I like to use the 58* Cleveland most of the time around greens.. I use the soft-hands flop and also a firm grip hooded face knockdown chip that sometimes, if the green is good quality, will jam on the brakes after a couple of bounces, a la Rory S. But I don't try that one most of the time due to iffy conditions.

But if I just hood the face and keep the hands firm, it will roll out reasonably well. Nice to have the same club in the hands most of the time, for familiarity.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

QCG,

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, SBD1 comes out and supports your argument. Whatever shred of credibility the bump and run with the lob wedge possibly had just went straight down the s bend.

P.S. What goes around comes around. I've been copping plenty on other threads so instead of trying to attack me here, you should just go there and drop the boot in. as I said, with SBD1s poorly timed support your position is now indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    QCG,

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, SBD1 comes out and supports your argument. Whatever shred of credibility the bump and run with the lob wedge possibly had just went straight down the s bend.

P.S. What goes around comes around. I've been copping plenty on other threads so instead of trying to attack me here, you should just go there and drop the boot in. as I said, with SBD1s poorly timed support your position is now indefensible.
    I must admit. Your obsession with me is flattering!

It's not surprising since I can play a bump and run quite effectively with my lob wedge and you still seem to be unable to imagine the idea! It's not uncommon that a master of the game, such as myself, would attract a strong following of individuals in desparate need of inspiration!

I'm also starting to think you may be dyslexic which may actually explain a lot!

Thread Information