|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: Should I send NAH a set of MP-33 irons?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring his lost soul back to Mizuno!!

    16 57.14%
  • No, let his soul rot in shovel hell!

    12 42.86%
Results 1 to 54 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    22

    Poll: Should I Send NAH My MP-33s, or Not?

    It has been proposed that if I am going to degrade a fellow GR poster for his treacherous move from blades to shovels, I should be willing to share some GFF to bring him back to the light which the god, Mizuno, has bestowed upon us all.

    The proposal has merit. I have three sets of Mizuno GFF irons: MP-67s, MP-52s and the MP-33s. Of the three, I like the 33s the least and rarely use them at all except as a back-up set. I don't see myself needing them for a long while after I have recently replaced and spine-aligned shafts in my other two sets. I prefer and play the 67s mostly.

    So, since I am not using the 33s anymore, and since they are a used set I bought off ebay, I would be willing to depart with them at no cost to bring Brother NAH back to the light. This offer will not be extended to anyone else, so no beggars, please.

    However, there has been some condescending remarks about NAH not deserving this gift because he has blatantly waved the POS Shovel banner in our faces and swore to the god of GI Cavity Backs! Just having to post this fact has brought a rather large wind to my bowel and has made me uncomfortable.

    So, this will be answered by a poll as to whether NAH will receive redemption and a set of GFF's best, or whether he will forever be doomed to the road of perdition in shovel hell. As always, this GR poll is binding. It will be decided after a week of voting.

    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Burnham and Berrow
    Posts
    3,659
    Rep Power
    19
    Hi

    I have voted yes, but not for the reasons stated.

    I want him to have MP33's so he can start shooting in the mid 80's low 90's again. I dont like it that he is better than me and MP33 irons will ruin his game for sure.

    Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Battleground
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    18
    I think you should send them to me and here's why:

    About four years ago I was using my Father-in-Laws spare set, Top Flite Tour Irons. I was in the market for some sticks of my own. Many locals were advising me to get some oversized GI POS shovels, but I hesitated because I had been slowly drinking from the cup of wisdom laid out there at GR.

    One day I met a guy at the range who was hitting MP33s. I asked if I could hit a few and he agreed. So, I grabbed the 3 iron and hit maybe a dozen balls. I was truely mesmerized by the buttery feel of the GFF goodness.

    Having played for only about a year, I felt full on blades would be too much so I settled on a set of combo irons. After testing nearly available combo set, I settled on the Bridgestone J33 Combo irons. I even purchased seperately a 2 iron. All my clubs are purchased on ebay as well, again following the sage advice from GR.

    I have often longingly looked back on my one-night-stand with the MP33s. That 3 iron and this forum set me along the true path to game real game improvement.

    To be honest, I still have MP33s in my saved searches and I watch them frequently. I watch Bridgestone J33Bs and some classic Wilson Blades too.

    I really don't need them but right now my only other set is the Top Flites.

    If nothing else, this post might get NAH to take a stand, repent his sins, and come back to the fold.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    28
    Since it was my (somewhat tongue in cheek) suggestion that Sooner donate his GFF blades to NaH I feel that it is entirely inappropriate for me to vote on this issue so I will abstain. However I have a slight concern.

    NaH used to be near the top of the hierachy when it came to the Mizzie Nazis on GR but during the past year his attitude and his bag has been in a constant downward spiral and he is looking more and more like an Edgey devotee. This generous offer by Sooner is designed to lure NaH back into the GFF fold however a word of warning. We all know that Edgey also owns a set of shiny (hardly hit) GFF MP-68's but always plays shovels. My concern is that this generous offer by Sooner, with the noblest of intentions, may backfire and simply ensconce NaH even more firmly in the Edgey camp.

    Food for thought ...
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    17
    No way Why do you want to screw with his downward trending handicap.

    Anyway I think Nah should do what he always does, pull his skirt up and buy them behind his wife's back.

    NAH Keep the scoring POS game improvement cavity backs. Don't let the mizuno herd mentality rule you again.

    Or do like me and compromise buy Mizuno GFF POS game improvement cavity backs

    The ignored idiot
    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    19
    Very generous Sooner. You are to be commended. I would not want to part with my GFF, even for money. I have voted yes because it is a noble act and will not only bring joy to the reciever but will also produce untold good golfing karma from the god mizuno for the giver.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pebble Beach
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    It has been proposed that if I am going to degrade a fellow GR poster for his treacherous move from blades to shovels, I should be willing to share some GFF to bring him back to the light which the god, Mizuno, has bestowed upon us all.

    The proposal has merit. I have three sets of Mizuno GFF irons: MP-67s, MP-52s and the MP-33s. Of the three, I like the 33s the least and rarely use them at all except as a back-up set. I don't see myself needing them for a long while after I have recently replaced and spine-aligned shafts in my other two sets. I prefer and play the 67s mostly.

    So, since I am not using the 33s anymore, and since they are a used set I bought off ebay, I would be willing to depart with them at no cost to bring Brother NAH back to the light. This offer will not be extended to anyone else, so no beggars, please.

    However, there has been some condescending remarks about NAH not deserving this gift because he has blatantly waved the POS Shovel banner in our faces and swore to the god of GI Cavity Backs! Just having to post this fact has brought a rather large wind to my bowel and has made me uncomfortable.

    So, this will be answered by a poll as to whether NAH will receive redemption and a set of GFF's best, or whether he will forever be doomed to the road of perdition in shovel hell. As always, this GR poll is binding. It will be decided after a week of voting.

    Send them to me!! I will love the blades as they were meant to be loved.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    20
    I just got my first set of Mizuno irons called MP 14's and was going to play with them for the first time today but it rained and I had around the house blizzard demo and recovery stuff to do anyway. Since I'm new here, it appears my Mizuno's are GFF. As Ricky would have said to Lucy, Fred or Ethel, "can anybody 'splain dat GFF word?"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    20
    Never mind. I just read Steelman's post on another thread and he 'spained it so now I understand-- grain flow forged. Steelman makes a lot of sense to me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bear Creek DFW
    Posts
    3,741
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I just got my first set of Mizuno irons called MP 14's and was going to play with them for the first time today but it rained and I had around the house blizzard demo and recovery stuff to do anyway. Since I'm new here, it appears my Mizuno's are GFF. As Ricky would have said to Lucy, Fred or Ethel, "can anybody 'splain dat GFF word?"
    Grain Flow Forged. Mizuno talk for just plain forged.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    20
    NO, YOU SHOULD SEND THEM TO ME IF ANYONE.

    No one else on here would love and care for them as I would.

    Omen, where 33's get the treatment they deserve
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    30
    It's times like these I wish I had enough aliases to influence a poll
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Posts
    1,722
    Rep Power
    17
    [QUOTE=SoonerBS]It has been proposed that if I am going to degrade a fellow GR poster for his treacherous move from blades to shovels, I should be willing to share some GFF to bring him back to the light which the god, Mizuno, has bestowed upon us all.

    Bless you my son. You are either retarded or touched, but bless you anyways.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chillin' with my Freakamaniacs, brother.
    Posts
    2,545
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    It's times like these I wish I had enough aliases to influence a poll

    I voted for ya buddy.

    I propose a condition to the agreement though - just to make sure it doesn't bite Sooner in the @ss...

    You can only keep the clubs if you're bagging them. Take them out of the bag for even so much as ONE ROUND - and they go right back in the box and back to Sooner.

    You have to be committed to play GFF, no waffles or quitters allowed. You had your T-Zoid II Mizzys and got rid of them, only to regret it later. We will not tolerate such a mistake a second time.

    The outcome of this will result in you being permanently branded as either a sod-laying POS SGI shovel toting chopper, or as a true alpha male, with standards and principles to be upheld even in the face of severe adversity.

    You will enjoy having testicles again, should you make the right choice.

    BTW - This is straight outta the NAH playbook circa 2007 when I finally joined the forum, so don't b!tch at me if you don't like the taste of your own medicine.



    FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

    Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    I voted for ya buddy.

    I propose a condition to the agreement though - just to make sure it doesn't bite Sooner in the @ss...

    You can only keep the clubs if you're bagging them. Take them out of the bag for even so much as ONE ROUND - and they go right back in the box and back to Sooner.

    You have to be committed to play GFF, no waffles or quitters allowed. You had your T-Zoid II Mizzys and got rid of them, only to regret it later. We will not tolerate such a mistake a second time.

    The outcome of this will result in you being permanently branded as either a sod-laying POS SGI shovel toting chopper, or as a true alpha male, with standards and principles to be upheld even in the face of severe adversity.

    You will enjoy having testicles again, should you make the right choice.

    BTW - This is straight outta the NAH playbook circa 2007 when I finally joined the forum, so don't b!tch at me if you don't like the taste of your own medicine.



    FON
    I can't believe the yays are actually leading. Is this a binding poll?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    16
    I voted no.

    NAH has shown no thankfulness towards your gesture, and does not deserve to know what it feels like to hit a proper club on the sweet spot.

    I am also ashamed for those that begged for these clubs as you, Sooner, had a rule that this was forbidden.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    17
    Nah

    Steel yourself to this talk. Do you want MP 33's and a high cap or POS game improvement irons and a cap going south. suc k it up man act like a proper bloke.

    Alway ignored idiotic
    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Nah

    Steel yourself to this talk. Do you want MP 33's and a high cap or POS game improvement irons and a cap going south. suc k it up man act like a proper bloke.

    Alway ignored idiotic
    GHD
    I don't have alot of time to dedicate to practice, and can get better results from my less than finely honed swing than I would with GFF. I will never debate that GFF aren'e the best irons you can get, but whether they are the best irons for everybody under their current circumstances (time to practice/play etc) is open to question. If I was younger and had two days a week to dedicate to practice it would be a no brainer, but I would be lucky to hit 30 balls a month at a local park, and just go out and play cold, and the Powerbilts offer better performance under those circumstances. At the end of the day you have to choose what works best, and for me it is the Powerbilts. I've shot the two lowest scores of my life and dropped four shots off my cap since getting them 4 months ago.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I don't have alot of time to dedicate to practice, and can get better results from my less than finely honed swing than I would with GFF. I will never debate that GFF aren'e the best irons you can get, but whether they are the best irons for everybody under their current circumstances (time to practice/play etc) is open to question. If I was younger and had two days a week to dedicate to practice it would be a no brainer, but I would be lucky to hit 30 balls a month at a local park, and just go out and play cold, and the Powerbilts offer better performance under those circumstances. At the end of the day you have to choose what works best, and for me it is the Powerbilts. I've shot the two lowest scores of my life and dropped four shots off my cap since getting them 4 months ago.
    You ungrateful bastard.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I don't have alot of time to dedicate to practice, and can get better results from my less than finely honed swing than I would with GFF. I will never debate that GFF aren'e the best irons you can get, but whether they are the best irons for everybody under their current circumstances (time to practice/play etc) is open to question. If I was younger and had two days a week to dedicate to practice it would be a no brainer, but I would be lucky to hit 30 balls a month at a local park, and just go out and play cold, and the Powerbilts offer better performance under those circumstances. At the end of the day you have to choose what works best, and for me it is the Powerbilts. I've shot the two lowest scores of my life and dropped four shots off my cap since getting them 4 months ago.
    NAH
    MAN UP
    Always ignored idiotic
    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Grain Flow Forged. Mizuno talk for just plain forged.
    Grain flow forged really is a term to define the process Mizuno use whereby a single billet of steel is heated, stretched and pressed to form the face AND the hosel. This is the process described as grain flow because the "grain" of the billet stays in one direction in the finished hosel and head. This is in contrast to others like Miura who in a seperate process weld the hosel to the head. Miura claim this gives their finished heads greater accuracy in terms of placement and centerdness of the bore. Mizuno claim their process gives better feel.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Battleground
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    This offer will not be extended to anyone else, so no beggars, please.
    Sorry, I missed this little detail.

    Shame on me.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    magnolia
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    18
    Though it is a truly generous and thoughtful offer I have voted against because the old adage that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink comes to mind.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Grain flow forged really is a term to define the process Mizuno use whereby a single billet of steel is heated, stretched and pressed to form the face AND the hosel. This is the process described as grain flow because the "grain" of the billet stays in one direction in the finished hosel and head. This is in contrast to others like Miura who in a seperate process weld the hosel to the head. Miura claim this gives their finished heads greater accuracy in terms of placement and centerdness of the bore. Mizuno claim their process gives better feel.
    I bought the MP-14's well used three weeks ago and took them to the public recreation field I use as my grass practice range. I played forged blade Maxfli's in the '70's and Palmer Standards in the 80's and 90's and was really apprehensive about the Mizuno's after reading numerous reviews and forum posts. The first PW I hit was pulled and went about 75 yards with a half swing. That was the only bad shot I hit with that club and by the time I got to the 6 iron, my mind was blown by the ball flight, hang time, and lack of any harsh feel, even on thinned or toe balls. It is like I can't miss the sweet spot and I'm sure this is due to clubhead design, overall weight and balance. Until I hit these sticks, I thought I was too old and weak to play DG S300's on any irons. Boy was I mistaken. Whatever difference there is between the Mizuno forgings and those of Maxfli and Palmer, the feel difference is night and day and I assume that the steel used in all had similar carbon content..

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    26
    I just voted yes. Don't know how many members of GR Club 5K that makes it, but it looks like the yays may have it.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Dunes, Bandon, OR
    Posts
    5,472
    Rep Power
    23
    I voted yes but he should at least offer to pay for shipping.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Masters
    Posts
    2,602
    Rep Power
    18
    Another Yes vote. After NAH is cured, maybe he will pass them on to another lost soul in future.

    PS> Who bets NAH's SHWMBO doesn't buy the story that some guy he never met sent him these clubs for free.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPC at Sawgrass - Stadium Course
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    20
    I don't think he deserves them. The irons choose the owner, not the other way around.

    Sooner how do you like the 52's? I though they were kinda $hit when I hit them. 67's may be the best blade they made since the 14/32/37's. I couldn't stand the 68's either for that matter.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    It has been proposed that if I am going to degrade a fellow GR poster for his treacherous move from blades to shovels, I should be willing to share some GFF to bring him back to the light which the god, Mizuno, has bestowed upon us all.

    The proposal has merit. I have three sets of Mizuno GFF irons: MP-67s, MP-52s and the MP-33s. Of the three, I like the 33s the least and rarely use them at all except as a back-up set. I don't see myself needing them for a long while after I have recently replaced and spine-aligned shafts in my other two sets. I prefer and play the 67s mostly.

    So, since I am not using the 33s anymore, and since they are a used set I bought off ebay, I would be willing to depart with them at no cost to bring Brother NAH back to the light. This offer will not be extended to anyone else, so no beggars, please.

    However, there has been some condescending remarks about NAH not deserving this gift because he has blatantly waved the POS Shovel banner in our faces and swore to the god of GI Cavity Backs! Just having to post this fact has brought a rather large wind to my bowel and has made me uncomfortable.

    So, this will be answered by a poll as to whether NAH will receive redemption and a set of GFF's best, or whether he will forever be doomed to the road of perdition in shovel hell. As always, this GR poll is binding. It will be decided after a week of voting.

    From your preformance today, maybe you should just send him your entire bag.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    From your preformance today, maybe you should just send him your entire bag.
    Oooh Harsh!
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I just voted yes. Don't know how many members of GR Club 5K that makes it, but it looks like the yays may have it.
    Right now it's back to dead even. Might come down to the >5k committee using their casting votes.
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Burnham and Berrow
    Posts
    3,659
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    From your preformance today, maybe you should just send him your entire bag.
    Maybe me or NAH should send this hacker our bag, he might break 97 then.

    Hacker

    Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I bought the MP-14's well used three weeks ago and took them to the public recreation field I use as my grass practice range. I played forged blade Maxfli's in the '70's and Palmer Standards in the 80's and 90's and was really apprehensive about the Mizuno's after reading numerous reviews and forum posts. The first PW I hit was pulled and went about 75 yards with a half swing. That was the only bad shot I hit with that club and by the time I got to the 6 iron, my mind was blown by the ball flight, hang time, and lack of any harsh feel, even on thinned or toe balls. It is like I can't miss the sweet spot and I'm sure this is due to clubhead design, overall weight and balance. Until I hit these sticks, I thought I was too old and weak to play DG S300's on any irons. Boy was I mistaken. Whatever difference there is between the Mizuno forgings and those of Maxfli and Palmer, the feel difference is night and day and I assume that the steel used in all had similar carbon content..
    I can still hit S300 ok as well. Although the ballflight is relatively low and some shots seem to lack a little "punch". I can definately load a softer shaft better. The only shafts i don't like much are the project X shafts.They just feel stiff and harsh to me. And regular rifle shafts 6.0 and above feel obviously too stiff. I have always liked the feel of the soft butt section in dynamic gold. As to the feel of the mizunos, you would assume the steel would be pretty much the same as the earlier blades you mentioned. current wisdom dictates however that feel has not much to do with the steel but more with the type of shaft and particularly the sound of a centre hit shot. Perhaps the grain flow forging of mizuno heads actually does improve feel as they claim?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Burnham and Berrow
    Posts
    3,659
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Right now it's back to dead even. Might come down to the >5k committee using their casting votes.
    There are loads more alter egos to vote yet

    Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I can still hit S300 ok as well. Although the ballflight is relatively low and some shots seem to lack a little "punch". I can definately load a softer shaft better. The only shafts i don't like much are the project X shafts.They just feel stiff and harsh to me. And regular rifle shafts 6.0 and above feel obviously too stiff. I have always liked the feel of the soft butt section in dynamic gold. As to the feel of the mizunos, you would assume the steel would be pretty much the same as the earlier blades you mentioned. current wisdom dictates however that feel has not much to do with the steel but more with the type of shaft and particularly the sound of a centre hit shot. Perhaps the grain flow forging of mizuno heads actually does improve feel as they claim?
    Yesterday I went back to the field and hit the 4 and 5 out of lies ranging from bare dirt to inch and a half rough. And hit some of tees which has been my nemisis ever since I went to cavity back cast irons. I pulled a couple off the tee but that's my recurrent over the top move that, after 50+ years I've learned to live with as long as its sporadic. Anyway, even the missed tee shots flew with great trajectories and distances. Same from the rough and the bare lies. Compared to all the other forged irons I've played and tried, these seem to have the magic mojo of head design, especially the sole. Haven't laid any sod with them yet like 30% of my CCB shots. I figured that if I liked the heads, I'd have to re-shaft them with something lighter and more flexible but that doesn't seem to be the case.With the cast irons, if I don't make a full 90 degree turn back, I don't get decent distance, like 130 with a 7 instead of 150 max. With these MP-14's, I can take a half backswing and easily fire the right side through and get 160 with the seven with a higher trajectory that seems to hang twice as long as the CB equivalent. If my first round with them is not at least 5 strokes less than the last round I played, I am giving all my sticks to Goodwill,

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    22
    Well, being under the suspicion that most of the "Nay" votes were likely coming from one or two people with "aliases," I PMed NaH and told him to send me his name and shipping address and I would go ahead and send him the clubs. He kindly turned them down due to the fact that he is hitting his irons better and likes the way they play. So, I will not be sending them.

    Thanks to everyone for participating in the poll. All beggars may now be lined up and shot . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bear Creek DFW
    Posts
    3,741
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Well, being under the suspicion that most of the "Nay" votes were likely coming from one or two people with "aliases," I PMed NaH and told him to send me his name and shipping address and I would go ahead and send him the clubs. He kindly turned them down due to the fact that he is hitting his irons better and likes the way they play. So, I will not be sending them.

    Thanks to everyone for participating in the poll. All beggars may now be lined up and shot . . . . .
    so he doesn't want my Adams paddles? And I can drop the aussie accent?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Posts
    1,722
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Well, being under the suspicion that most of the "Nay" votes were likely coming from one or two people with "aliases," I PMed NaH and told him to send me his name and shipping address and I would go ahead and send him the clubs. He kindly turned them down due to the fact that he is hitting his irons better and likes the way they play. So, I will not be sending them.

    Thanks to everyone for participating in the poll. All beggars may now be lined up and shot . . . . .
    Ok sell the damn 33s on ebay. Buy him some mx 23s 25s probably any mx line. And he at least can be a sod laying chopper with grain flow forged. Poll it or revise
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    Ok sell the damn 33s on ebay. Buy him some mx 23s 25s probably any mx line. And he at least can be a sod laying chopper with grain flow forged. Poll it or revise
    I'll likely continue to keep them and practice with them from time to time.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    28
    NaH had indicated that he wouldn't accept the 33's but still an extremely generous offer Sooner!
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    NaH had indicated that he wouldn't accept the 33's but still an extremely generous offer Sooner!
    I concur, an unbelievable gesture for someone he hasn't met in person. Sooner is one stand up, great guy. I wish there more golfers like him at my club.

    As I said to Sooner, I was blown away by the offer, but the fact is if I really wanted a set of GFF I could buy them myself as money is not an issue, I just allow SWMBO to control the finances as a forced control on my random spending on golf gear. I also honestly like my Powerbilts and would rather force myself to work through any future swing problems instead of trying to buy my way out of slumps.

    BTW, TP had a good point regarding SWMBO buying in. No way would she have believed that an internet forum member sent me a set of free golf clubs, so it probably would have just got me in more trouble for coming up with such a lame lie about buying more clubs.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shaker Run Golf Club
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    18
    I still think Mizuno irons have second-class feel and sound.

    I also still think Mizuno should stick to making women's volleyball sport bras and pink softball bats.

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    I still think Mizuno irons have second-class feel and sound.

    I also still think Mizuno should stick to making women's volleyball sport bras and pink softball bats.
    Posted by someone with "Queen" in their username . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shaker Run Golf Club
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Posted by someone with "Queen" in their username . . . . .
    Weak attempt to find equivalency.

    The fact remains, that you choose to play golf equipment manufactured by the same people who make these...












    Grain Flow Femininity ftw.

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    22
    GFF bras . . . . . . . find me a woman wearing them, they must have great feel . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shaker Run Golf Club
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    GFF bras . . . . . . . find me a woman wearing them, they must have great feel . . . . .
    I think Luke Donald wears them.

    google image search it.

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    Weak attempt to find equivalency.

    The fact remains, that you choose to play golf equipment manufactured by the same people who make these...












    Grain Flow Femininity ftw.
    Quite ironical really, a GFF Bra posted by a guy with a full bag of titties!
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shaker Run Golf Club
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Quite ironical really, a GFF Bra posted by a guy with a full bag of titties!
    eh....

    nope.

    fail.

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    eh....

    nope.

    fail.
    So why the Titleist hard on?
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    16
    Queen,

    You don't come in here, without showing politeness at first, or you will get owned... What the hell were you thinking boy?

    Now, like a good lawyer, I always find out if ownage is possible before I threaten the ownage of said person in question...

    Now apologize to Sooner, or get owned. It is as simple as that.

    Once you apologize, queen, I will not rain down hellfire on your ass.

    Kindest regards,

    spank
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

  51. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Burnham and Berrow
    Posts
    3,659
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Queen,

    You don't come in here, without showing politeness at first, or you will get owned... What the hell were you thinking boy?

    Now, like a good lawyer, I always find out if ownage is possible before I threaten the ownage of said person in question...

    Now apologize to Sooner, or get owned. It is as simple as that.

    Once you apologize, queen, I will not rain down hellfire on your ass.

    Kindest regards,

    spank
    Spank

    Who is your avatar?

    Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

  52. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harding Park
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Spank

    Who is your avatar?

    Edgey
    That was a photo my Aunt took of me last year when I asked her not to take a photo at the family barbecue.

    My avatar is a black man and they all look alike; I don't know.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

  53. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shaker Run Golf Club
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Queen,

    You don't come in here, without showing politeness at first, or you will get owned... What the hell were you thinking boy?

    Now, like a good lawyer, I always find out if ownage is possible before I threaten the ownage of said person in question...

    Now apologize to Sooner, or get owned. It is as simple as that.

    Once you apologize, queen, I will not rain down hellfire on your ass.

    Kindest regards,

    spank
    Are you high or something?

  54. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    Are you high or something?
    Just trying to clear some old matters up. Do you need to be using a Titleist Vokey lob wedge to play the bump and run, or can you do it with any old wedge. I note you are a Titleist psychophant and was wondering if you have ever tried to do it with other wedges?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. After a 97 should I send Sooner my Callaway Wide Soles
    By edgey in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
  2. good place to send my clubs for re-shafting?
    By Minge in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 11:12 AM
  3. DO you think.... (poll)
    By Benguk in forum Non-Golf Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •