|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tiger owes golf fans more participation in regular tournaments

Tiger's 5 month absence to professional golf has cost the tour, it's sponsors, and the golf industry as a whole millions and millions of dollars.
    Everyone bought his lies and hitched their wagon to his seemingly flawless star. These same poor people are now being sh!t upon by the Woods camp. The first step to his image recovery should involve him playing more regular tournament golf. He owes it to us.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Tiger's 5 month absence to professional golf has cost the tour, it's sponsors, and the golf industry as a whole millions and millions of dollars.
    Everyone bought his lies and hitched their wagon to his seemingly flawless star. These same poor people are now being sh!t upon by the Woods camp. The first step to his image recovery should involve him playing more regular tournament golf. He owes it to us.
    I quite frankly don't care to watch him until he can class it up a little bit and stop the whining when he makes a bad shot.
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Agreed. I also think the PGA should bill him $5,000,000 for every tournament he does not show up at. With Elin divorcing him, there is no real reason for him to be in sex rehabilitation anymore. He can now do whatever woman he wants to do as often as he want to do them without any remorse. Most of us recognize the fact that "marriage" is the true sex rehabilitation center where we get weaned off sex. Tiger learned that a little too late . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I don't quite follow. How does this guy owe anyone anything? He plays golf. He's the best in the world. He gets paid to win and doesn't get paid unless he plays.

Free market economics. Deal.

I, for one, hope he comes back and continues to boff all available tail, and win countless more tournaments. Go tiger!
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Quote Originally Posted by wofat
    I don't quite follow. How does this guy owe anyone anything? He plays golf. He's the best in the world. He gets paid to win and doesn't get paid unless he plays.

I, for one, hope he comes back and continues to boff all available tail, and win countless more tournaments. Go tiger!
    He owes little Timmy and Tammy golf fan a little more exposure. He can't stay holed up forever. He should be forced to play in the Kenny Perry tournaments like US Bank in Milwaukee. Then and only then will he win back the hearts of golf fans everywhere.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by wofat

Agreed. One thing that I like about pro golf is that you get paid relative to how you perform. Team sports has contracts paid on your potential to perform, not your actual performance. I think the pro leagues in the US would do well to reduce base salary and increase bonus payouts for playoffs wins. I'm not holding breath on this one.

I don't like Tiger, but as long as he is independent, he should be able to play as little as he wants to keep his status.
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

HB

Is this your attempt to flush out Frederick the Turd? I must admit i have lost all interest in him. He drives a Mini Cooper, only woofters, poofters, nonces, ponces, queens and queers drive Mini Coopers. I have to listen to one of them whinging at me every week, without a geriatric queen electronically boring the tits off me.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I agree. If he becomes single again there's no reason why he can't play at Phoenix, Riviera and Pebble. Those are great locations and I'm sure he could have a lot of fun at night in those places. Well, not so much Pebble although I'm sure there are some hot cougars in Carmel.

IMO TW does not owe golf fan anything... TW is only good for TW and Nike... I don't care if TW never plays again... whatever he does that's between TW and his wife... he fukkkked it up, he's hurt as much as his wife and family... As far as golf goes, I don't need to see TW. Give me Freddy Couples, I would enjoy watching him much more

I think that if Tiger returns to regular events, the galleries will be filled with gold-digging, groupie whores. It will be awesome. Attendance will spike and he won't even have to go to Perkins after the tourney. I hope he embraces his new bad guy image. It would be great to see him giving galleries the finger as they boo him. I predict that he will start spiking the ball after he holes out and doing end-zone style dances.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by jearliff
    Agreed. One thing that I like about pro golf is that you get paid relative to how you perform. Team sports has contracts paid on your potential to perform, not your actual performance. I think the pro leagues in the US would do well to reduce base salary and increase bonus payouts for playoffs wins. I'm not holding breath on this one.

I don't like Tiger, but as long as he is independent, he should be able to play as little as he wants to keep his status.
    Agree about pro sports using incentive wages a bit more.
    Tiger is now owned by the image he desperately wants to reclaim. Until he admits that he has been and will always be an unapologetic money-grubbing whore-banger, he needs to portray himself as the nice guy who will do whatever it takes to repair the damage he's down to his sport. This starts with supporting the tour and not necessarily just the majors, WGC events, and hand-picked invitationals. He should be playing in New Orleans this week. It would do his image a lot of good.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Agree about pro sports using incentive wages a bit more.
    Tiger is now owned by the image he desperately wants to reclaim. Until he admits that he has been and will always be an unapologetic money-grubbing whore-banger, he needs to portray himself as the nice guy who will do whatever it takes to repair the damage he's down to his sport. This starts with supporting the tour and not necessarily just the majors, WGC events, and hand-picked invitationals. He should be playing in New Orleans this week. It would do his image a lot of good.

If he's concerned with his image that would be a good thing for him. It would be good for the tour if the biggest stars played in the lesser tournaments - as long as it's not mandated. But theses guys should be smart enough to figure out that corporate sponsors are leaving and the players need to pony up their time and kiss corporate butt to have a place to play every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I think that if Tiger returns to regular events, the galleries will be filled with gold-digging, groupie whores. It will be awesome. Attendance will spike and he won't even have to go to Perkins after the tourney. I hope he embraces his new bad guy image. It would be great to see him giving galleries the finger as they boo him. I predict that he will start spiking the ball after he holes out and doing end-zone style dances.
    He can get Captain Lou Albano for an agent and Classy Fred Blassie as his caddy.

Tiger owes no one a thing except the few hundred million he will shell out to his soon to be ex-wife.

I wonder if he has prenuptial agreement? I think he should

I know this is a flame HB, but I'll take the bait just for the hell of it. Tiger doesn't owe jack shitt to anybody. As you have pointed out, he has mad the Tour ridiculously rich and powwerful and the same goes for all his sponsors. It was estimated that the scandal dropped the nett worth of his sponsors something like 14 billion. So in reality if Tiger had never played in any tournament the Tour would be close to falt broke and probably only seen on Fox. All things considered I think you would agree that everybody got a pretty decent run of success with Tiger before the scandal broke, the debt he is wed could never be repaid. Finchem, Nike and the rest of his sponsors can kiss his arse as far as I'm concerned.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Tiger owes no one a thing except the few hundred million he will shell out to his soon to be ex-wife.
    What a joke. As if she would be anything if it weren't for him. He should have to pay her maybe a couple year's alimony and then pay the maximum for monthly child support. I can't believe she won't give Tiger another chance. He said he's sorry and I believe him. What the heck is wrong with this chick!!!!!?????

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I know this is a flame HB, but I'll take the bait just for the hell of it. Tiger doesn't owe jack shitt to anybody. As you have pointed out, he has mad the Tour ridiculously rich and powwerful and the same goes for all his sponsors. It was estimated that the scandal dropped the nett worth of his sponsors something like 14 billion. So in reality if Tiger had never played in any tournament the Tour would be close to falt broke and probably only seen on Fox. All things considered I think you would agree that everybody got a pretty decent run of success with Tiger before the scandal broke, the debt he is wed could never be repaid. Finchem, Nike and the rest of his sponsors can kiss his arse as far as I'm concerned.
    Isn't this exactly what they already do?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

Good point, Kiwi . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I meant it in a different context, but yeah you're absolutely right
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I think he owes each of his skanks a full share of syphilis, gonorrea, chlamydia, herpes, pubic lice, and any other STD he has contracted along the way.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I have just heard news about Tiger that dwarfs every other scandal and does irreparable damage to his reputation. I have read that he is a huge Nickelback fan. Sexual exploits from role models can be forgiven. Swearing and bad sportsmanship from role models can be forgiven. Being sponsored by Nike can be forgiven. But Tiger has crossed the line this time. As a role model to millions of impressionable kids, this transgression is beyond redemption. Frankly, I can't see how any of his remaining sponsors can hang onto him after this, surely any company paying milions to an endorser would employ lawyers smart enough to have a clause put in the contract declaring it null and void if any links to Nickelback were revealed. It makes sense.

I have just heard news about Tiger that dwarfs every other scandal and does irreparable damage to his reputation. I have read that he is a huge Nickelback fan. Sexual exploits from role models can be forgiven. Swearing and bad sportsmanship from role models can be forgiven. Being sponsored by Nike can be forgiven. But Tiger has crossed the line this time. As a role model to millions of impressionable kids, this transgression is beyond redemption. Frankly, I can't see how any of his remaining sponsors can hang onto him after this, surely any company paying milions to an endorser would employ lawyers smart enough to have a clause put in the contract declaring it null and void if any links to Nickelback were revealed. It makes sense.
    http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportspros...a_nickelb.html

I am truly from another generation. I had to Google "Nickelback." To me, it always meant a 3rd and long pass defense scheme in the NFL.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53

I am truly from another generation. I had to Google "Nickelback." To me, it always meant a 3rd and long pass defense scheme in the NFL.......
    Ho could anyone take a band with a lead singer called 'Chad' seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53

Just so you know, Dorky, Nickelback is a crappy band that sounds like a bad impression of Creed imitating Stone Temple Pilots copying Pearl Jam.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Just so you know, Dorky, Nickelback is a crappy band that sounds like a bad impression of Creed imitating Stone Temple Pilots copying Pearl Jam.
    Oh Yeah!!! Creed is for real, and Pearl Jam...

I have recorded the 25th year Hall of Fame concert that is on right now... They have Metallica playing for Ozzie; Metallica just sang "For Whom the Bell" tolls... Ozzie looks like a girl, ha ha.

Well, Ozzie left the stage; Metallica is singing/playing again...
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Nickleback is from my home province, Alberta. Just a couple hours from Calgary

The local radio station actually promotes in it's commercial that it is a "Nickleback Free Zone" haha.

If you want to hear an overrated, overplayed band...come up to Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Oh Yeah!!! Creed is for real, and Pearl Jam...

I have recorded the 25th year Hall of Fame concert that is on right now... They have Metallica playing for Ozzie; Metallica just sang "For Whom the Bell" tolls... Ozzie looks like a girl, ha ha.

Well, Ozzie left the stage; Metallica is singing/playing again...

CREED??? That sh!t is the preachy love-child of a Jimmy Swaggart sunday sermon PLUS Nickelback. It's like puking up stuff that you hated eating in the first place, just so you can taste it twice. UCK...

Pearl Jam, Metallica... those are good bands. Ozzy has some good stuff too.

Black and Master Of Puppets are two of my favorite songs.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Agree with the terribleness of Nickleback, Creed, etalia. It's not that far of a stretch for Tiger though. Didn't he pal around with the guys from Hootie and the Blowfish? Talk about terrible...
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

What BS. I'm sick and tired of Tiger liking everything that's white. He should like some hip hop and some rap. I like one or two Nickleback songs but the rest are horrible. That "Rock Star" song is beyond bad. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Wham was the greatest band ever.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    What BS. I'm sick and tired of Tiger liking everything that's white. He should like some hip hop and some rap. I like one or two Nickleback songs but the rest are horrible. That "Rock Star" song is beyond bad. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Wham was the greatest band ever.
    That's funny you say that FD. There songs all sound the same!
    I'm taking my wife to SF next month to see Cake and Jackie Green. I've always like Cake but never saw them. Very funny stuff. Jackie Green is a local boy. Very good song writer...
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I'm taking my wife to SF next month to see Cake and Jackie Green. I've always like Cake but never saw them. Very funny stuff. Jackie Green is a local boy. Very good song writer...
    I've never heard of them. Actually, I may have heard of Cake.

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Now you're talking. Unoriginality is my pet peeve when it comes to music. When you hear Cake, there is no mistaking them for another band. Every album they have released is solid. Wham! was okay, but they were no Kajagoogoo. Wham! is always followed by an exclamation point, FD, a real fan should know this.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Now you're talking. Unoriginality is my pet peeve when it comes to music. When you hear Cake, there is no mistaking them for another band. Every album they have released is solid. Wham! was okay, but they were no Kajagoogoo. Wham! is always followed by an exclamation point, FD, a real fan should know this.
    Kajagoogoo?!?!?!?!?!

You're on crack.

Culture Club.

Soft Cell.

Ugh......

Never mind. I can't even pretend to go down this road.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

That was Daly. Explains a lot about his musical taste. Since Tiger grew up in SoCal, he could have payed hommage to some local products like the Doors, Los Lobos, Albert Lee and Love or the northerners like Quicksilver, Dead, Sons of Champlin, Tower of Power, etc. Instead he listens to that smooth elevator music stuff. At least its not rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    Kajagoogoo?!?!?!?!?!

You're on crack.

Culture Club.

Soft Cell.

Ugh......

Never mind. I can't even pretend to go down this road.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Relax Jeff, I was only throwing that out there to see if anyone would even get the reference. Well done, sir. Cake, however, I was not joking about. They are a great band.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    CREED??? That sh!t is the preachy love-child of a Jimmy Swaggart sunday sermon PLUS Nickelback. It's like puking up stuff that you hated eating in the first place, just so you can taste it twice. UCK...

Pearl Jam, Metallica... those are good bands. Ozzy has some good stuff too.

Black and Master Of Puppets are two of my favorite songs.

FON
    Metallica is in a class all by themselves! They cannot be compared to any other bands. They stand alone at the top of the mountain!

Pearl Jam SUCKS!

Your other choices are passable!

Being as Tiger is a product of Nike marketing, the tour should take action to build up some of the other big names in golf to attract an audience. They should take a page out of the NFL playbook and do player introductions complete with highlight clips so people can get an idea of their abilities.

One good thing that comes out of big tournaments when Tiger loses is that the casual observer gets introduced to players they aren't familiar with. I start most tournaments rooting against Tiger and the people around me think I'm crazy. It's fun to see how their opinion changes as the tournamnet unfolds and they start seeing some awesome golf from the rest of the field. They find the rooting for the other guys, especially when they see Tiger acting like an infant after every shot!

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    Metallica is in a class all by themselves! They cannot be compared to any other bands. They stand alone at the top of the mountain!

Pearl Jam SUCKS!

Your other choices are passable!
    No, you are wrong on a couple of counts. Pearl Jam is good.

And AC/DC stands alone as King of my era: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w

AC/DC's, "You Shook Me All Night Long" never gets old and is one of the great rock songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6CJSfM

Don't get me wrong; Metallica is great, but even the Rolling Stones are better than Metallica. If you want to get serious about good rock, you need to go back to Led Zeppelin and Queen, etc...

Sh!t, Simon and Garfunkel are better than Metallica (serious).

SDB1, you have just been, "Thunderstruck!"
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 04-23-2010 at 09:06 PM.

No, you are wrong on a couple of counts. Pearl Jam is good.

And AC/DC stands alone as King of my era: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w

AC/DC's, "You Shook Me All Night Long" never gets old and is one of the great rock songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6CJSfM

Don't get me wrong; Metallica is great, but even the Rolling Stones are better than Metallica. If you want to get serious about good rock, you need to go back to Led Zeppelin and Queen, etc...

Sh!t, Simon and Garfunkel are better than Metallica (serious).

SDB1, you have just been, "Thunderstruck!"
    Pearl Jam live will make you fall asleep.....seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    Pearl Jam live will make you fall asleep.....seriously.
    Dude they worked for me on long bike rides and runs.

Come on man, you hate pearl jam? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKWTzr-k6s

However the best for long rides and runs for me was always Matchbox 20 back in the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1B-dsOtcps

However the best for long rides and runs for me was always Matchbox 20 back in the day.
    Matchbox 20....

Nice.

The cruise that the wifey woman just went on last weekend was the VH-1 Best Cruise Ever. Her BFF won tix off the local radio station.

Headline band was 3 Doors Down. Shinedown was also on board, as were about 10 others. They had a good time.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Matchbox 20....

Nice.

The cruise that the wifey woman just went on last weekend was the VH-1 Best Cruise Ever. Her BFF won tix off the local radio station.

Headline band was 3 Doors Down. Shinedown was also on board, as were about 10 others. They had a good time.
    Jeff, is the BFF a "Best Friend Forever" or a "Big Fat Female?"

Don't get me wrong, I love Pearl Jam......just weren't that great live when I saw them.

For my runs I listen to Snoop Dog, Dre (Chronic), NWA, Warren G, TuPac....all the Original Gangsta's..

Dropkick Murphy's when I'm doing hills and need the extra push.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Not sure if anyone here is a fan of bagpipe bands....but having played in one for 14 years, I love the music and crank it on the ipod on the long runs. Here's one of my favorite bands and one of the best in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izj8u...eature=related

On a side note, Not a German, Canadian pipe bands beat out Scottish bands regularly in the world competitions. How the hell is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Jeff, is the BFF a "Best Friend Forever" or a "Big Fat Female?"
    Best Friend Forever.

Seriously, the woman is married with 5 kids. She's 5 foot 2, skinny as a rail and runs 3 miles a day. I can drink her under the table, but not by much. She's a trip.

LOL!
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Don't get me wrong, I love Pearl Jam......just weren't that great live when I saw them.

For my runs I listen to Snoop Dog, Dre (Chronic), NWA, Warren G, TuPac....all the Original Gangsta's..

Dropkick Murphy's when I'm doing hills and need the extra push.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Not sure if anyone here is a fan of bagpipe bands....but having played in one for 14 years, I love the music and crank it on the ipod on the long runs. Here's one of my favorite bands and one of the best in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izj8u...eature=related

On a side note, Not a German, Canadian pipe bands beat out Scottish bands regularly in the world competitions. How the hell is that possible?
    Gangsta's suck.

Sorry.

They represent everything that is wrong with society today.

Of course, that's just IMHO.........

Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Gangsta's suck.

Sorry.

Mine, too. I don't even consider rap as music. Unless it is Sugar Hill Gang.

Gangsta's suck.

Sorry.

I didn't realized we had to take a moral stance on the music we listen to for a workout. That would knock out about 80% of people's play lists.

I didn't realized we had to take a moral stance on the music we listen to for a workout. That would knock out about 80% of people's play lists.
    This song will you really get you worked up for heavy weights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6kEZKlFa4

You guys are a bunch of golfers, so don't click on the link above; you can't handle it... skip to 1:00 and watch a couple of minutes and you should be safe.

Disturbed has only one song I like; the one above for workouts.

Rap has never worked for me, but a few do; "last night halloween fell on da weekend, me and ghetto boy was trick or treatin" is good.

Best Friend Forever.

Seriously, the woman is married with 5 kids. She's 5 foot 2, skinny as a rail and runs 3 miles a day. I can drink her under the table, but not by much. She's a trip.

LOL!
    "I can drink her under the table" is an emphatic metaphor, indicating your drinking skills are far superior to hers. To add "but not by much" is to modify "under the table" right out of existence.

It's like saying "I can kick your ass six ways from Sunday... but just barely"
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

However the best for long rides and runs for me was always Matchbox 20 back in the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1B-dsOtcps
    My wife loves Matchbox 20 (well Rob Thomas) and has brought me to 3 of their concerts and two of his. We saw them in a small club as well. I like their music.

Mine, too. I don't even consider rap as music. Unless it is Sugar Hill Gang.
    I know all the words to the 15 minute version of Rapper's Delight. I won a rapping contest in college with that song.

This song will you really get you worked up for heavy weights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6kEZKlFa4
    Great song, Spanq....I'll be adding this to the playlist. A very angry song.

You guys are a bunch of golfers, so don't click on the link above; you can't handle it... skip to 1:00 and watch a couple of minutes and you should be safe.

Disturbed has only one song I like; the one above for workouts.

Rap has never worked for me, but a few do; "last night halloween fell on da weekend, me and ghetto boy was trick or treatin" is good.
    Disturbed kicks ass.

So do:

Limp Bizkit
    Korn
    Linkin Park
    Chevelle
    Buck Cherry
    3 Days Grace
    Puddle of Mud

Rap sucks. In any form. Nothing but a bunch of worthless thugs and hoodlums. Every single damn one of them needs an ass kicking (which would be easily facilitated by the fact that their pants are already down around their knees). Preferably by their own mothers. Same can be said of 1/2 or more of both the NBA and NFL.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Disturbed kicks ass.

So do:

Limp Bizkit
    Korn
    Linkin Park
    Chevelle
    Buck Cherry
    3 Days Grace
    Puddle of Mud

Rap sucks. In any form. Nothing but a bunch of worthless thugs and hoodlums. Every single damn one of them needs an ass kicking (which would be easily facilitated by the fact that their pants are already down around their knees). Preferably by their own mothers. Same can be said of 1/2 or more of both the NBA and NFL.
    Sounds racist. Just saying...

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, RO. Jeff is just stating facts without implying anything racial. Most of the rap lyrics I have ever listened to, and that I could understand, had stuff about gang-banging, disrespecting women, nasty sexual lyrics and nasty language overall. Rap carries an "attitude" that is disdainful to society.

Some of the really heavy metal groups do the same thing with their lyrics and music and I don't like it any better, but it seems like every rapper tries to outdue the other in bad taste in rap music.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, RO. Jeff is just stating facts without implying anything racial. Most of the rap lyrics I have ever listened to, and that I could understand, had stuff about gang-banging, disrespecting women, nasty sexual lyrics and nasty language overall. Rap carries an "attitude" that is disdainful to society.

Some of the really heavy metal groups do the same thing with their lyrics and music and I don't like it any better, but it seems like every rapper tries to outdue the other in bad taste in rap music.
    Bingo.

It represents a counter culture that glorifies violence and drugs. One where you aren't "a man" unless you pack heat and have a kennel full of pit bulls. One that measures success in terms of gaudy materialism, flashy cars and how many women you can hang off your arms. One that is blatantly anti-establishment and routinely espouses breaking the law.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

I'm glad we agree.

I consider many rap artists to be racist also.

Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Bingo.

One that is blatantly anti-establishment and routinely espouses breaking the law.
    I live in Canada, far removed from the plights of the black people that resort to gang banging, guns and drugs.

To me,Rap and a rapper's lifestyle is purely entertainment, not a cometary of the morality of life.

Thread Information