|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Rory

Rory

That was probably the best finishing round I've seen in the last 10 years.

This kid has an amazing swing and hits it a mile.

He finished in style as well and got the crowd going...unlike Vijay or Davis Love would have.

Shooting a 62 on that course is beyond my comprehension.

Finally, a great tournament to watch on TV and I enjoyed watching the entire back 9.

I guess Billy Mayfair and his Ping G15 shovels just couldn't get the job done. I think Rory plays the new Titleist blades.

Someone needs to tell Davis Love to move his arms when he walks.

My local network affiliate was carrying the local ML baseball game and was scheduled to cover the last two hours of the tournament. Of course baseball games nowadays have to last twice as long as when I played and when that crap was finally over, I sit down to Rory about to hit his second to 18 with a three shot lead over Lefty. WTF?? Where did he come from? Wasn't he like 5 under after Round 3? So he creams this 7 or whatever with a beautiful muscle back and drains the "lag" for a freaking 62? What a great kid and what a refreshing pause from the Toxic Cloud of Tiger. UP IRA.

Damn, I thought this was about Sabbatini. Oh well, I guess McIlroy in OK too.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

All in all, this was an incredible tournament. First, you had Tiger imploding on Friday and barely breaking 80. (Man, I really wanted to see him shoot 80+. What a jackass.) Then, McIlroy barely makes the cut, right on the number and ends up running away with it on Sunday. Moobs made a nice putt on 18 for an extra $130k. The Player's Championship should be great this week too...

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    That was probably the best finishing round I've seen in the last 10 years.

This kid has an amazing swing and hits it a mile.

He finished in style as well and got the crowd going...unlike Vijay or Davis Love would have.

Shooting a 62 on that course is beyond my comprehension.

Finally, a great tournament to watch on TV and I enjoyed watching the entire back 9.

I guess Billy Mayfair and his Ping G15 shovels just couldn't get the job done. I think Rory plays the new Titleist blades.

Someone needs to tell Davis Love to move his arms when he walks.
    Agreed. Simply amazing finish. I applauded when the birdie on 18 dropped.

I think Davis Love III is actually the Grinch and golfing is just what he does in the off season. Anyone else see the similarity there? If his face was green you sure would.

Yeah. Rory was great, but what about Ryo Ishikawa's 58 in Japan? Unbelievable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    Yeah. Rory was great, but what about Ryo Ishikawa's 58 in Japan? Unbelievable!!!
    A 58 in Japan equates to a 68 on US soil.

A 58 in Japan equates to a 68 on US soil.
    You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by clmax
    Agreed. Simply amazing finish. I applauded when the birdie on 18 dropped.

I think Davis Love III is actually the Grinch and golfing is just what he does in the off season. Anyone else see the similarity there? If his face was green you sure would.
    Yes, the kid played a flawless round , especially the back 9 and he's deserved to win with a new course record

i'm glad to see every1 is finally coming around , when i said he was just about the best ball striker on the planet i got slated . now even the american press and every pro/ comentator is saying how freakishly good he is from tee to green (putting still not as good as some of the best in the world) , 17 birdies and an eagle in 2 rounds is incredible golf !
    titleist 907D2 grafalloy pro-launch x
    taylormade burner tp 13*
    cleveland launcher 18*
    taylormade tp mb 3-pw project x 6.0
    titleist spin milled 54 + 58
    odyssey black series 2

"all men die , not all men really live "

and ishikawa was on a par 70 , rory's was sunday pins at quail hollow par 72 . not comparable
    taylormade burner tp 13*
    cleveland launcher 18*
    odyssey black series 2

Quote Originally Posted by shoeinc
    and ishikawa was on a par 70 , rory's was sunday pins at quail hollow par 72 . not comparable
    Wasn't ishikawa's round at Golf & Stuff?

13. Rory is a great golfer BUT he is a fashion disaster darling. That hair, now if i could do a little makeover he could be hot, in a cute way.
    Titleist 905R x
    Titleist PT 3 Wood S
    Titleist MB Irons 3-PW
    Mizuno MP T10R SW & LW
    Scotty NAPA

last i checked it was on the national pitch and putt course , 7 wins in asia and never even been in contention on the pga tour . beating jaidee in the matchplay is prob his biggest achievement on the pga tour !
    taylormade burner tp 13*
    cleveland launcher 18*
    odyssey black series 2

Ishikawa shot 58 on a par 70. It's equal to a 60. But he did miss a makeable putt on 18 for 57.

Forget 5 under on Saturday night, Rory was PLUS ONE after friday, and made the cut ON THE LINE.

I don't know when the last time is that I remember a guy making the cut ON the cut line coming back and winning the tournament. He was -16 over sat-sun. And that finish, birdie eagle birdie par birdie, was just amazing. He was laughing about that final 40 footer... Phil thought he could see his way to tying if he had an all birdie finish, but NO CHANCE.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Ishikawa shot 58 on a par 70. It's equal to a 60. But he did miss a makeable putt on 18 for 57.
    And it was only 6500 yards... Still impressive, but...

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    And it was only 6500 yards... Still impressive, but...
    Judging from the Asians I've seen playing the game, 6,500 yards is LONG. Most of the sleepies I've seen can barely hit the ball 150 off a tee.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

18. Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Judging from the Asians I've seen playing the game, 6,500 yards is LONG. Most of the sleepies I've seen can barely hit the ball 150 off a tee.
    We have a chinese guy at our course. He is a Lau Gar Kung Fu master and he is one of the few members i dont camp it up with, ever.
    Titleist 905R x
    Titleist PT 3 Wood S
    Titleist MB Irons 3-PW
    Mizuno MP T10R SW & LW
    Scotty NAPA

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Yeah and I'm sure that goes for all the tour pros too! Did they all play a full bag of Taylormade or Callaway complete with branded bags?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Yeah and I'm sure that goes for all the tour pros too! Did they all play a full bag of Taylormade or Callaway complete with branded bags?
    Usually Honma or Tourstage with about 9 headcovers jammed into a staff bag. Pants jacked up to the armpits and straw hat completes the look.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Freddy
    We have a chinese guy at our course. He is a Lau Gar Kung Fu master and he is one of the few members i dont camp it up with, ever.
    WTF is Lau Gar Kung Fu? Is that like egg fu yong or is it an Asian soup?

I wouldn't worry too much about him. If you upset him the worst thing he is likely to do is patty cake you to death.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 05-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Usually Honma or Tourstage with about 9 headcovers jammed into a staff bag. Pants jacked up to the armpits and straw hat completes the look.
    Don't forget the leather Callaway Staff bag on the Sun Mountain push cart with the scorecard holder with a place to insert your tees. Iron covers are a must and you need to talk in Asian real loud on the tee.

WTF is Lau Gar Kung Fu? Is that like egg fu yong or is it an Asian soup?

I wouldn't worry too much about him. If you upset him the worst thing he is likely to do is patty cake you to death.
    Lau Gar means "left handed" in Mandaran. There is an old saying in Cantonese that translates as "Never bring Kung Fu to a gun fight."

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Lau Gar means "left handed" in Mandaran. There is an old saying in Cantonese that translates as "Never bring Kung Fu to a gun fight."
    If someone tries to pull that Kung Fu on me I just give them a "Fist 4 U".

There is another Cantonese saying and the rough translation is "Always bring a Hi-Bore driver to an Asian soup party."

Now where the f#ck am I?

There is another Cantonese saying and the rough translation is "Always bring a Hi-Bore driver to an Asian soup party."
    True, but when you introduce the ugly driver you need to call it "Hi-Bo".

Did somebody say soup? (holds up driver)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

One of the most popular driver of the '90's with the Koreans who populated my home muni was the Cubic Balance Megahit Go.

One of the most popular driver of the '90's with the Koreans who populated my home muni was the Cubic Balance Megahit Go.
    When I was caddying at Sherwood a bunch of the asian guys played the Whopper driver. Too bad they didn't give out whopping tips.

Damn, I thought this was about Sabbatini. Oh well, I guess McIlroy in OK too.
    Screw Sabbatini! HB, I sincerely hope you are just jacking our arses about liking that prick.

I was golfing Saturday and Sunday, so I missed all the action on TV. I can't say I regret that fact. Congratulations to Rory.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

When I was caddying at Sherwood a bunch of the asian guys played the Whopper driver. Too bad they didn't give out whopping tips.
    Maybe you should have advised them to aim reft with dliver instead of suggesting thlee wood.

Maybe you should have advised them to aim reft with dliver instead of suggesting thlee wood.
    Good one, Mongrel . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Screw Sabbatini! HB, I sincerely hope you are just jacking our arses about liking that prick.

I was golfing Saturday and Sunday, so I missed all the action on TV. I can't say I regret that fact. Congratulations to Rory.
    I don't get why everyone hates on Sabo. He's outspoken to a fault, isn't afraid to stick a foot in his mouth, is very generous off the course, plays an exciting game, etc. Do people hate him because he called out Tiger? Or because he hates slow play and isn't afraid to do something about it, despite hurting feelings or incurring fines? Dude is a goddamm legend in my book. Throw in his crazy wife as a bonus. I only wish he played a bit better.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I don't get why everyone hates on Sabo. He's outspoken to a fault, isn't afraid to stick a foot in his mouth, is very generous off the course, plays an exciting game, etc. Do people hate him because he called out Tiger? Or because he hates slow play and isn't afraid to do something about it, despite hurting feelings or incurring fines? Dude is a goddamm legend in my book. Throw in his crazy wife as a bonus. I only wish he played a bit better.
    You have got to be kidding? Did you see how long it took him to play that hole the other day with Mickelson and Furyk? He had some trouble, but everytime he got into a situation (ball in hazard, ball under a tree, etc.) it would take him 15 minutes to make a damn decision on what he wanted to do. I was like, "Your in the damn bush, you moron, just take the drop and hit the damn ball!!!"

I don't know how Phil and Jim put up with him . . . . .

I think he is all about himself.

By the same token we don't get why you have such a man crush on that asswipe jerk.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    You have got to be kidding? Did you see how long it took him to play that hole the other day with Mickelson and Furyk? He had some trouble, but everytime he got into a situation (ball in hazard, ball under a tree, etc.) it would take him 15 minutes to make a damn decision on what he wanted to do. I was like, "Your in the damn bush, you moron, just take the drop and hit the damn ball!!!"

I don't know how Phil and Jim put up with him . . . . .

I think he is all about himself.
    C'mon, that is a total exception. And don't get me started on Furyk. He's the slowest, most boring assshat on tour.
    Sabo was probably just getting even on that bird-nosed prick for all his general slowness.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

C'mon, that is a total exception. And don't get me started on Furyk. He's the slowest, most boring assshat on tour.
    Sabo was probably just getting even on that bird-nosed prick for all his general slowness.
    I agree. Furyk is horrible to watch. He sets up to the ball and then backs off...WTF? I've seen him do this where he backs off more than once. What a tool.

I thought this was about Sabbitini too. Whoever started this thread should be made aware that 'Rory' on it's own means sabbitini, if you are talking about McIlroy you need to put his full name in. If you were going to talk about Phillip Price winning a trouney you wouldn't title it "Phil wins" now would you?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I thought this was about Sabbitini too. Whoever started this thread should be made aware that 'Rory' on it's own means sabbitini, if you are talking about McIlroy you need to put his full name in. If you were going to talk about Phillip Price winning a trouney you wouldn't title it "Phil wins" now would you?
    Sabbatini is a washed up twit.

A google search of the name "Rory" puts McIlroy first and Sabbatini 8th.

Henceforth, "Rory" shall refer to Rory McIlroy.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    Sabbatini is a washed up twit.

A google search of the name "Rory" puts McIlroy first and Sabbatini 8th.

Henceforth, "Rory" shall refer to Rory McIlroy.
    I think a poll is in order to decide this, with 6,000 plus posters being the onlt eligible voters.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I think a poll is in order to decide this, with 6,000 plus posters being the onlt eligible voters.
    I need ideas for screen names.......

How many unused animals are there that can still be paired with "balls"?
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

gopher hasn't been used yet, and is a caddy shack reference to boot.

dolphin...

There are several variances on "Spank" as well, although you might want to avoid those for now, . . . . . he may eventually need them after his "nice" phase wears out.

Thread Information