|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changed my tempo today, not the swing.

Today I played 18 at Harding and stunk up the course really bad with my new swing. Not one par over 17 holes... topping the ball almost every time, cannot control it as it was subconscious or something.

My old tempo was taking the club back VERY slow 1-2 seconds then swing down fast. I said screw it and on the 18th hole said I am raising my tempo faster to my partners.

I took my backswing like when I played baseball (the speed) and was putting for birdie on the 18th hole par 5 inside of 20 feet...

So I am going to keep what I learned from my lessons but I am drastically changing my tempo after 10 years of suck ass golf...

I am taking it to the range this weekend, and going from there; seems to work... I was recalling Steve Elkington's article in the recent Golf Digest that says you need to swing at the tempo of your temperament, and I am kinda high strung, so I hope this tempo changes works. I probably should have swung comfortably fast years ago, perhaps... have to practice it.

My question is, has anyone ever done this and succeeded? I have never heard of anyone changing their tempo.

Is what I am doing stupid? (don't answer that, ha ha)... I have a couple of pictures I will post in this thread another time.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

As you may have noticed, I am a strong advocate of rhythm and tempo. Good tempo is the key to consistent golf IMO. And by good tempo, I mean a tempo which is comfortable for you and which you can repeat shot after shot, not any prerequisite speed. Lot's of guys watch someone like Freddy or Ernie and think you have to swing with a slow tempo to hit the ball well. There are plenty of pros around with fast tempos who are equally good ball strikers. It also stands to reason that if your tempo is fast on the way down it should be fast on the way back. You seem to have different tempos for backswing and downswing, which would be very hard to reproduce with any consistency.

If you wanna look at a pro with fast tempo go to youtube and watch Nick Price swing a club. He has a really fast tempo but is considered one of the best ball strikers of his generation.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    As you may have noticed, I am a strong advocate of rhythm and tempo. Good tempo is the key to consistent golf IMO. And by good tempo, I mean a tempo which is comfortable for you and which you can repeat shot after shot, not any prerequisite speed. Lot's of guys watch someone like Freddy or Ernie and think you have to swing with a slow tempo to hit the ball well. There are plenty of pros around with fast tempos who are equally good ball strikers. It also stands to reason that if your tempo is fast on the way down it should be fast on the way back. You seem to have different tempos for backswing and downswing, which would be very hard to reproduce with any consistency.

If you wanna look at a pro with fast tempo go to youtube and watch Nick Price swing a club. He has a really fast tempo but is considered one of the best ball strikers of his generation.
    Nick Price is as quick as Els and Couples are slow..

I cannot swing quickly. Even if I try, it LOOKS slow, AND it hits bad shots. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Tempo is an important part of the golf swing, maybe the MOST important, and it is different for every player. I need a slower tempo, but I golf with a couple of guys who golf with a fast tempo and do very well. It is as personal as choosing a tie, everyone is different.

Spank, stay after it, some day you and I both will be breaking 80 . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Thank you NAH. I will look at Nick's swing.

Here is the 18th hole at Harding from the 1st hole..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18th hole Harding from 1st hole.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	2417  

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Tempo is an important part of the golf swing, maybe the MOST important, and it is different for every player. I need a slower tempo, but I golf with a couple of guys who golf with a fast tempo and do very well. It is as personal as choosing a tie, everyone is different.

Spank, stay after it, some day you and I both will be breaking 80 . . . . . .
    Sounds good to me, but I would be happy with 90; I am happy with this epiphany regarding tempo.

I thought you were going to kill Dave early on; you were up 2.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Thank you NAH. I will look at Nick's swing.

Here is the 18th hole at Harding from the 1st hole..
    I think that the important thing for you to concentrate on is to swing the same tempo back as you do through. For you it seems a fast tempo will suit you best, I play better with a slowish tempo. I rememebr reading somewhere about a formula of what the ratio of time back to time through is for good tempo but I can't rememebr if it's 2:1 or 1:2 or whatever. Whether that's fast or slow or somewhere in the middle isn't important, it's just important to keep the same tempo back and through to get the ratio right..
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I think that the important thing for you to concentrate on is to swing the same tempo back as you do through. For you it seems a fast tempo will suit you best, I play better with a slowish tempo. I rememebr reading somewhere about a formula of what the ratio of time back to time through is for good tempo but I can't rememebr if it's 2:1 or 1:2 or whatever. Whether that's fast or slow or somewhere in the middle isn't important, it's just important to keep the same tempo back and through to get the ratio right..
    Makes sense. The downswing is probably the faster part, no doubt, but now that you mention it, I was swinging around 4:1 ratio... I refuse to take my backswing slow like a putting stroke anymore; how can my head not jump up with the fast downspeed after that?

I have been sucking for 10 years... oh my chipping and putting are great; I am happy with that.

Sheesh, I laid up and hit my 9 iron blade (you listening Edgey) flush to 17 feet with the comfortable speed for me; man those blades feel good.

I am going to the range and find my comfortable speed, not some slow ass crap I learned from who knows where.

It must be the tempo.

All this fear mongering about blades is starting to tick me off... The sky is falling!!!

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    I think fast tempo golfers forget to set the club at the top making the transition to the downswing difficult to get online. This has really helped me in consistancy and I haven't noticed any distance changes in my clubs for taking that extra split second at the top to set the club and wrists.

You might have read it here as Lorenzo and I were discussing the "Tour Tempo" book. The idea that tempo is individual is debatable as almost all tour pros use the same 3:1 backswing to downswing ratio. Ernie Else looks slow because he is so smooth but from the beginning of the takeaway to impact he is quicker than Greg Norman, if you can believe that. According to this book almost everyone is instructed to swing too slowly. Slow is a way to learn static positions, not a swing. (Hence the tai chi drill) even the pros that swing faster or slower than the avg. still had the identicle 3:1 ratio. And even the slower swings weren't slower by much at all. Hardy noticable.
    Long story short, I think you are on to something Uncle Spank.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    I think fast tempo golfers forget to set the club at the top making the transition to the downswing difficult to get online. This has really helped me in consistancy and I haven't noticed any distance changes in my clubs for taking that extra split second at the top to set the club and wrists.
    Cool, I will use that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    You might have read it here as Lorenzo and I were discussing the "Tour Tempo" book. The idea that tempo is individual is debatable as almost all tour pros use the same 3:1 backswing to downswing ratio. Ernie Else looks slow because he is so smooth but from the beginning of the takeaway to impact he is quicker than Greg Norman, if you can believe that. According to this book almost everyone is instructed to swing too slowly. Slow is a way to learn static positions, not a swing. (Hence the tai chi drill) even the pros that swing faster or slower than the avg. still had the identicle 3:1 ratio. And even the slower swings weren't slower by much at all. Hardy noticable.
    That's what I thought. Speed isn't the issue, as long as you get the ratio right. I have also noticed that the pro's don't ever swing slow. even though some of them like Els and Couples look slow, they are much faster than most hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Thanks homeslice for the advice.

My golf teacher says my swing is pretty ok (needs some work), and I can hit a handball, baseball, crimony, I was in freestyle magazines back in the day on my bicycle...

I am just saying screw it, and I am going to swing the ball at a speed that I like. Everyone was calling me Charles Barkley today, and I am ashamed to say that Charles plays better than me right now...

My best at Harding is a 42 on the front nine, and I left after nine holes for an Opera 8-9 years ago; had to be there; I could have broke 90.

Thanks homeslice for the advice.

My golf teacher says my swing is pretty ok (needs some work), and I can hit a handball, baseball, crimony, I was in freestyle magazines back in the day on my bicycle...

I am just saying screw it, and I am going to swing the ball at a speed that I like. Everyone was calling me Charles Barkley today, and I am ashamed to say that Charles plays better than me right now...

My best at Harding is a 42 on the front nine, and I left after nine holes for an Opera 8-9 years ago; had to be there; I could have broke 90.
    Man, that's pretty rough. Tough crowd you play with.

I read a good tip couple of months ago on tempo - count or say one thousand one to the top of your backswing then one thousand two to the impact. I think it works for two reasons, first you tend to count at the speed your naturally used to, second it somehow gets the ratio right that N.A.H is talking about. And as a bonus, whilst you are doing this you forget all the other stuff youv'e read or been told!!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

For me swing tempo is a daily thing: some days its more like Nick Price. On better days its like Ernie Els. Doesn't matter as long as everything synchs up. As long as the clubhead meets the ball square, if that's the way I play it, or open or closed as I intend, and most importantly with irons, that the clubhead contact the back of the ball before the ground. I will swing as fast as I am comfortable with so long as I can do it in the necessary sequence. I am better as a feel and image player. The longest driver carry I ever hit was back in '94 when I was playing a scramble tournament with bankers and lawyers. My team had no chance and I was just fooling around on every drive. The latest Golf magazine had a mutiple photo sequence spread showing Ernie hitting driver with the photos shot behind him. I studied that article for days memorizing his positions and then feeling the time it would take to get in every one of them and how each position would feel in the microsecond I was in it. Well, we came to this short par 4 playing 318 in a left to right dogleg with 80' tall deciduous trees lining the right side from tee to green. I teed up a Tit wound red letter DT 90 and made my best imitation of Ernie's driver swing and felt nothing off the clubface and lost the ball immediately off the face. The other team members weren't even paying attention to the tournament and had no idea where my ball was. Luckily they were in one cart and I had a solo cart. I figured I hit it good and maybe a little right and high for me since I'm a very low ball hitter forever. So I'm about to bag the hole and lo and behold sits my ball on the fringe of the right side of the green past a big deep bunker. I had to fly that mother 310-312 yards. My driver was one of those tiny Tommy Armour 835 metal heads in 8.5 degrees with a Sandvik titanium shaft at 44".

Today I played 18 at Harding and stunk up the course really bad with my new swing. Not one par over 17 holes... topping the ball almost every time, cannot control it as it was subconscious or something.

My old tempo was taking the club back VERY slow 1-2 seconds then swing down fast. I said screw it and on the 18th hole said I am raising my tempo faster to my partners.

I took my backswing like when I played baseball (the speed) and was putting for birdie on the 18th hole par 5 inside of 20 feet...

So I am going to keep what I learned from my lessons but I am drastically changing my tempo after 10 years of suck ass golf...

I am taking it to the range this weekend, and going from there; seems to work... I was recalling Steve Elkington's article in the recent Golf Digest that says you need to swing at the tempo of your temperament, and I am kinda high strung, so I hope this tempo changes works. I probably should have swung comfortably fast years ago, perhaps... have to practice it.

My question is, has anyone ever done this and succeeded? I have never heard of anyone changing their tempo.

Is what I am doing stupid? (don't answer that, ha ha)... I have a couple of pictures I will post in this thread another time.
    Hi Spam,

The golf swing is a SWING, both back and down. This drill helped me more than any other, anytime, ever! I did it a few minutes at the range, stepped up and just nailed the first ball with 6i, then any club. Each time I lost the rhythm, I would do the drill a few times, then hit driver, wedge, whatever. The heel-hit rhythm both back and down is the whole deal, the key to starting your downswing with hips, creating separation, accelerating through, posting, etc. This really, really, works. Shawn calls it the most important drill in golf--and he is absolutely right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJV7lz7QpSA

Let us know how this changed your game--and your life!

I was able to take that simple "heel-hit" rhythm to the course the next weekend-- and make a good transition weight shift every shot-- hit every fairway and some of the greens. That is fun golf. I finally got tired of that ball and hit it out (it was used anyhow).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acKD8oEJIjg

This is me hitting a 3w 230 yds against a stiff wind. I hit the green! Notice the front heel down, then contact. I had to step over because I moved my weight forward so aggressively (but I kept my head back through impact)

Good luck!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Hi Spam,

The golf swing is a SWING, both back and down. This drill helped me more than any other, anytime, ever! I did it a few minutes at the range, stepped up and just nailed the first ball with 6i, then any club. Each time I lost the rhythm, I would do the drill a few times, then hit driver, wedge, whatever. The heel-hit rhythm both back and down is the whole deal, the key to starting your downswing with hips, creating separation, accelerating through, posting, etc. This really, really, works. Shawn calls it the most important drill in golf--and he is absolutely right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJV7lz7QpSA

Let us know how this changed your game--and your life!

I was able to take that simple "heel-hit" rhythm to the course the next weekend-- and make a good transition weight shift every shot-- hit every fairway and some of the greens. That is fun golf. I finally got tired of that ball and hit it out (it was used anyhow).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acKD8oEJIjg

This is me hitting a 3w 230 yds against a stiff wind. I hit the green! Notice the front heel down, then contact. I had to step over because I moved my weight forward so aggressively (but I kept my head back through impact)

Good luck!

Larry
    Not exactly sure what a stiff wind is in California but I don't see any trees moving or your hat blowing off, shirt moving, etc. (unless your referring to a different type of wind, one that is followed by anal leakage) Looks like a nice calm day to me. BTW, if there isn't a "stiff" wind then what is the true yardage to that green.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Not exactly sure what a stiff wind is in California but I don't see any trees moving or your hat blowing off, shirt moving, etc. (unless your referring to a different type of wind, one that is followed by anal leakage) Looks like a nice calm day to me. BTW, if there isn't a "stiff" wind then what is the true yardage to that green.
    The wind blows down the fairway from green to tee on that hole-- at least 20 MPH-- Even with no wind 230 yds is out of range from the fairway for most amateurs (and would have been for me!)

Lets not quibble about trivia- Learn something by looking at the swing sequence. Notice that my heel is down early in the downswing (which means my hips lead my shoulders) and that my head and shoulders have not moved laterally before I strike the ball. Accordingly I was able to accelerate the clubhead to the ball, make crisp contact, and a divot AFTER the ball position. The ball stayed low and went straight. That was a tight lie, short grass and the ball nestled in. So I made a decent amateur golf swing--not perfect, but functional.

The "Perpetual Motion" drill did it for me. It will work for you too.

Larry

"and I am kinda high strung,"

Kinda high strung? You think?
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

Did I just see Larry call Spank, "Spam?"

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Did I just see Larry call Spank, "Spam?"

It must have been a Freudian slip since we had a lot of spam yesterday.

Larry is not a young man anymore, and I am sure he didn't do it deliberately. Thanks Larry for the information!

I think one problem that may have caused this 'raising of the head' issue for me is taking practice swings on my slate deck on a carpet; I lift up so I don't screw up the club...

Screw the mushrooms and plastic balls; they aren't helping... real grass and real balls from now on.

Hi Spam,
    This was an accident right?

You didn't call me "Spam" for real did you?

Wishing you well,

spank

This was an accident right?

You didn't call me "Spam" for real did you?

Wishing you well,

spank
    My name is Larry. Yours is a meaningless pseudonym-- so why would it matter how people shorten it? Frankly I just glanced at it and thought it started with "spam..."

This thread is about the importance of the "perpetual motion" drill vis-a-vis learning the correct golf swing. Let not chase rabbits that pop up.

Larry

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Spanq is going to cry himself to sleep if Larry keeps talking this way to him.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    My name is Larry. Yours is a meaningless pseudonym-- so why would it matter how people shorten it? Frankly I just glanced at it and thought it started with "spam..."

This thread is about the importance of the "perpetual motion" drill vis-a-vis learning the correct golf swing. Let not chase rabbits that pop up.
    You're pretty much the biggest jerk I've ever read.

This thread is about how you need to get a tempo that's right for you...

...at least it was until you had to inject your little drill.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

The wind blows down the fairway from green to tee on that hole-- at least 20 MPH-- Even with no wind 230 yds is out of range from the fairway for most amateurs (and would have been for me!)
    230 yards is out of range for you, Larry; even with a driver.

Fact: there was no significant wind blowing and your whole story is bull.

Lets not quibble about trivia-
    If it was trivia, why did you mention it?

Learn something by looking at the swing sequence.
    Sorry, but I've swung much better than that for the last decade.

Notice that my heel is down early in the downswing (which means my hips lead my shoulders) and that my head and shoulders have not moved laterally before I strike the ball.
    Your head clearly moves away from the target in the backswing and back towards the target before you reach impact. You can see this clearly by looking at where your hat is in relation to the roof strut on the cart behind you. Not only does your head move back towards the target before you reach impact, it's actually past where it was at address by the time you get there.

Why must you make up stuff, Larry?

Accordingly I was able to accelerate the clubhead to the ball, make crisp contact, and a divot AFTER the ball position. The ball stayed low and went straight. That was a tight lie, short grass and the ball nestled in. So I made a decent amateur golf swing--not perfect, but functional.
    IOW, you hit another worm burner.

The "Perpetual Motion" drill did it for me. It will work for you too.
    I'll bet large that it was 230 yards to a back pin on a long green and you're leaving out the fact that you were actually more than 30 yards short of the flag...
    Last edited by alangbaker; 04-24-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker

Your head clearly moves away from the target in the backswing and back towards the target before you reach impact. You can see this clearly by looking at where your hat is in relation to the roof strut on the cart behind you. Not only does your head move back towards the target before you reach impact, it's actually past where it was at address by the time you get there.

I'll bet large that it was 230 yards to a back pin on a long green and you're leaving out the fact that you were actually more than 30 yards short of the flag...
    Ouch........
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Larry
    Wtf?

I got to think on this.

Alan, is he being disrespectful or is he always like this? I know nerds are always tripping on their own tongues, but damn.

Wtf?

I got to think on this.

Alan, is he being disrespectful or is he always like this? I know nerds are always tripping on their own tongues, but damn.
    Alan is our dirty little secret, like the crazy aunt we keep in the attic. He has been banned, kicked off, of nearly every golf discussion forum because he does this so often. The moderators warn him, warn him again, and then he's gone. Most just ignore his posts-- and eventually he goes away. I supposed he's harmless, but I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.

Larry

Alan is our dirty little secret, like the crazy aunt we keep in the attic. He has been banned, kicked off, of nearly every golf discussion forum because he does this so often. The moderators warn him, warn him again, and then he's gone. Most just ignore his posts-- and eventually he goes away. I supposed he's harmless, but I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.
    LOL

Where are your posts on freegolfinfo.com, Larry?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    Dude, take your medication.

You are responding to the wrong person and quoting another.

Larry
    Bish, I have been banned from HamEgg, Freegolfinfo.com, golfwrx.com, GR here about 20 times, Bombsquadgolf.com, Doublegolf, shottalk (man no one posts there anymore), and a few others I forgot about.

There were several other forums that took away the 'spankdoggie' option as a name to sign up with...

So what is your point? Stop behaving like a retard here, please.

Bish, I have been banned from HamEgg, Freegolfinfo.com, golfwrx.com, GR here about 20 times, Bombsquadgolf.com, Doublegolf, shottalk (man no one posts there anymore), and a few others I forgot about.

There were several other forums that took away the 'spankdoggie' option as a name to sign up with...

So what is your point? Stop behaving like a retard here, please.
    Don't be too hard on him, Spank, I think Larry is well into his 3rd Geritol Toddy this evening.

I am sorry you have been treated so harshly by so many talk forums, Spank, it is obvious that the mods and owners of these sites just do not have the capacity to realize pure genius whenever it is in their presence. We are fortunate enough to have a set of mods here now that finally have that knowledge and realization.

Okay, your suggestion to watch Nick Price was Priceless.

He says the first 3 feet back still have to be smooth; this is VERY helpful for me, as I find a tempo and rhythm that feels right for me:

Great advice...
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 04-24-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Okay, your suggestion to watch Nick Price was Priceless.

He says the first 3 feet back still have to be smooth; this is VERY helpful for me, as I find a tempo and rhythm that feels right for me:

Great advice...
    Awesome ball striker, what a pure shot. I could think of a lot worse golfer's to model your swing on. Glad to help.

I used to think that Alan was crazy for responding to all of Larry's posts in this particular fashion. After reading this entire thread I'm beginning to understand Alan's quest.

Larry
    Why would it matter?

It matters a lot Lorrie. Someone once referred to me as Wiwi and I was highly offended. Turns out it was a typo but you get my point? Now apologize to Spam ... I mean Spank immediately or I may have to report you to our moderators and you will be gone!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Why would it matter?

It matters a lot Lorrie. Someone once referred to me as Wiwi and I was highly offended. Turns out it was a typo but you get my point? Now apologize to Spam ... I mean Spank immediately or I may have to report you to our moderators and you will be gone!
    I don't think that anyone else is really even a person to Larry.

As far as I can tell, his entire existence requires that we are but an audience to let him bask in his own imagined reflected glory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narciss...ality_disorder

Diagnostic criteria (DSM-IV):

The essential feature of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in a variety of situations and environments.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    That's one.
    Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    Two.
    Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    Three.
    Requires excessive admiration
    Four.
    Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    Five.
    Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    I don't think we can actually claim this one.
    Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    Six.
    Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    Seven.
    Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
    Eight!

That's our Larry: NPD +3!
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Why would it matter?

Seriously. If Larry thought he had his hands full with Alang, wait til he gets a load of Uncle Spank. An angry Spank makes AlanG look like DavePerkins.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

sorry, were you talking to me??? I only read the last post in the one or two threads I open.

Larry

sorry, were you talking to me??? I only read the last post in the one or two threads I open.

Larry
    You are a retard.

Please....

You read everything ever written about you.

NPD
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

You are a retard.
    See Spank, I tried to tell you, Alan is the good guy, Larry is the Miata driver.

Now where the f#ck am I?

See Spank, I tried to tell you, Alan is the good guy, Larry is the Miata driver.
    I was giving that jackass Larry the benefit of the doubt, but one truth for us humans, is that if you are a social retard when you are young, you will be a social retard when you are older.

Basically, human nature is that if you are a jackass when young, you will be a jackass when older, only much more dangerous.

Larry is so retarded that he is frightened of meeting a non athletic gentlemen, like Alang, that drives a freaking Miata, for heavens sake, in an alley way?

The worst that would happen with Alang, in an alleyway, is an uncalled for grab towards the junk and charcoal...

Has anyone tried Tour Tempo? Remember reading about it but I haven't but it might be a resource to your quest Spank (or is it Spam? Shiat Lary can't even spell his own name. ). I personally have a fast tempo. I think it was from being a lead off hitter during my baseball years with quick hands and last second swings.

Another quick golf swing is Tommy Armour III.

Please....

You read everything ever written about you.

NPD
    You never know. He may have zero self awareness and goes about his day posting on forums thinking that everyone loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    You never know. He may have zero self awareness and goes about his day posting on forums thinking that everyone loves him.
    We've always just called him thick skinned but you might be right.

Now where the f#ck am I?

We've always just called him thick skinned but you might be right.
    Actually he doesn't give a crap what "people" in any GD group write that they think. That is totally meaningless and useless.

I care ONLY about developing my own game. And I am right because I have developed a correct golf swing while ignoring the myriad recommendations of dozens and dozens of fools on these forums.

Larry

Actually he doesn't give a crap what "people" in any GD group write that they think. That is totally meaningless and useless.

I care ONLY about developing my own game. And I am right because I have developed a correct golf swing while ignoring the myriad recommendations of dozens and dozens of fools on these forums.

Larry
    Yes Larry we know, you're ALWAYS right.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Has anyone tried Tour Tempo? Remember reading about it but I haven't but it might be a resource to your quest Spank (or is it Spam? Shiat Lary can't even spell his own name. ). I personally have a fast tempo. I think it was from being a lead off hitter during my baseball years with quick hands and last second swings.

Another quick golf swing is Tommy Armour III.
    As stated previously, I have tried the Tour Tempo via iPhone app. I think it's worthwhile for two main reasons, it makes the swing more reactionary, and it gives me a non-technical swing thought to have before the shot. I think it is great for 90s shooters like Spank and myself, but a lot of low markers probably have these concepts down already. Having said that, Lorenzo (RIP) was a low marker, and he felt it helped him, so it might be the missing puzzle piece for some people.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Yap, sorry, missed your post and all you said is probably true. I'm not certain about some low markers. I've seen a number of players who get fixated on taking a slow back swing. It's weird and sometimes painful to watch. It seems that smooth is confused as slow. You watch guys like Els pull his easy swing and you think slow but it's probably just long and not slow. Freddie is another one that has that nice syrupy swing. It's not slow but it certainly is smooth.

A correct swing, huh?

What's your handicap again? 17.2 with lots and lots of rounds of about 100.

You care desperately, Larry. That's why you react so negatively when people who actually know what they're talking about contradict you.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    Larry, any recommendations on where to live in San Diego?

Larry
    Too bad you couldn't have ignored many of your past holy grail recommendation to yourself. You probably would have been much further along in your development.

Honestly though, this is what learning a golf swing is about. What works for me and my swing tendencies will not work for you and your tendencies. Some might but not all.

The funny part is that learning a swing comes in increments. Your happy with your swing right now and it will probably drop your cap. Then you expectation will grow and you'll no longer be happy with this mediocre swing. So your off again to improve the swing. I play with some guys that have great swings and can crush the ball. Some days they are off and shot mid 70's and want to break their sticks. This is a cycle and it's just not relevant to golf but many things in life.

Too bad you couldn't have ignored many of your past holy grail recommendation to yourself. You probably would have been much further along in your development.

Honestly though, this is what learning a golf swing is about. What works for me and my swing tendencies will not work for you and your tendencies. Some might but not all.

The funny part is that learning a swing comes in increments. Your happy with your swing right now and it will probably drop your cap. Then you expectation will grow and you'll no longer be happy with this mediocre swing. So your off again to improve the swing. I play with some guys that have great swings and can crush the ball. Some days they are off and shot mid 70's and want to break their sticks. This is a cycle and it's just not relevant to golf but many things in life.
    I just don't understand all of this swing talk. When my swing is off, I just think of a few fundamentals to focus on.

Larry, any recommendations on where to live in San Diego?
    I think the two nicest areas are La Jolla and Rancho Santa Fe. Both on the web, check it out, I live in Rancho Santa Fe.

Larry

I think the two nicest areas are La Jolla and Rancho Santa Fe. Both on the web, check it out, I live in Rancho Santa Fe.
    Yup.

But it's not nearly as ritzy as you pretend:

Larry's place.

But I guess it's appropriate for a guy who runs his business out of a bedroom...

Del Mar Data in Larry's bedroom
    Last edited by alangbaker; 04-27-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Yup.

But it's not nearly as ritzy as you pretend:

Larry's place.

But I guess it's appropriate for a guy who runs his business out of a bedroom...

Del Mar Data in Larry's bedroom
    Bloody hell Alan. You might accuse Larry of having a NPD but you clearly have a weird and quite frankly creepy fixation on Larryrsf. Following his golf threads is one thing but knowing all these things about his home and personal life right down to his bedroom is disturbing.

Fixation (psychology)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fixation is the state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another person, being or object (in human psychology).

Sigmund Freud theorized that some humans may develop psychological fixation due to:

1. A lack of proper gratification during one of the psychosexual stages of development, or
    2. Receiving a strong impression from one of these stages, in which case the person's personality would reflect that stage throughout adult life.

Whether a particularly obsessive attachment is a fixation or a defensible expression of love is at times debatable. Fixation to intangibles (i.e., ideas, ideologies, etc.) can also occur. The obsessive factor is also found in symptoms pertaining to obsessive compulsive disorder.

So which is it Alan? A fixation on Larry or a defensible expression of love for the great man?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Bloody hell Alan. You might accuse Larry of having a NPD but you clearly have a weird and quite frankly creepy fixation on Larryrsf. Following his golf threads is one thing but knowing all these things about his home and personal life right down to his bedroom is disturbing.

So which is it Alan? A fixation on Larry or a defensible expression of love for the great man?
    He put them out there, Kiwi. I only know this stuff because he offered it up.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    I've been to both La Jolla and RSF but both are too expensive for me. There's a possibility that I may get relocated to the Northern part of San Diego so I'm starting to look. I'll send you a PM if it becomes a reality. La Jolla and RSF are too expensive for me but I'm sure there are some nice areas with homes in the mid range. I know that home prices in some San Diego areas have significantly dropped over the last 3 years.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 04-28-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Fixation (psychology)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fixation is the state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another person, being or object (in human psychology).

Sigmund Freud theorized that some humans may develop psychological fixation due to:

1. A lack of proper gratification during one of the psychosexual stages of development, or
    2. Receiving a strong impression from one of these stages, in which case the person's personality would reflect that stage throughout adult life.

Whether a particularly obsessive attachment is a fixation or a defensible expression of love is at times debatable. Fixation to intangibles (i.e., ideas, ideologies, etc.) can also occur. The obsessive factor is also found in symptoms pertaining to obsessive compulsive disorder.

There is a very good reason Alan Baker has been ejected from most golf discussion forums. The moderators soon realize he is not normal-- and as he has repeatedly demonstrated, he may be a little dangerous. When I hired Golf Labs for many thousand dollars to conduct a formal evaluation of my new golf swing training product, he contacted them and tried to sabotage their results report. Before that when I referenced Manuel De La Torre and Gary Sowinski as gurus of the "Swing the Clubhead" method, he called Manuel's book publisher--and scared the heck out of that old man--fearful that his royalties would be affected. Alan called my office so many times in a few day period that I was obliged to contact his telephone provider in Canada. I had to lodge a formal harassment complaint. They stopped him by threatening to disconnect his phone AND his Internet access.

So Alan Baker is not like you and me and the others here-- he is deadly serious and he WOULD do financial harm if he could. This nutcase should be banned from this and every discussion forum.

Larry

I've been to both La Jolla and RSF but both are too expensive for me. There's a possibility that I may get relocated to the Northern part of San Diego so I'm starting to look. I'll send you a PM if it becomes a reality. La Jolla and RSF are too expensive for me but I'm sure there are some nice areas with homes in the mid range. I know that home prices in some San Diego areas have significantly dropped over the last 3 years.
    Prices have dropped some, but from many millions to only millions. Still out of reach of most people. And wildly out of reach right now because financing of expensive home purchases is almost non-existent. Banks are not going to take risks when they cannot know whether prices will continue down. And that because nobody knows the further impact of Obama's socialism and targeting of the investor class. When their money is confiscated for taxes--it does NOT go to company startups or expansions.

Depending on the weather you can tolerate, you can buy a more inexpensive home by looking further inland- Temecula or Ramona, for instance. Anywhere within a few miles of the ocean is going to be expensive because of the perfect weather. The whole world would live in the coastal strip of Southern California if they could.

There are a dozen good golf courses inland also. Red Hawk, for instance.

Larry

There is a strong argument to be made for locating yourself inside the city of San Diego. A San Diego City Card allows you to play Torrey Pines for $35 or less as a resident!

Prices have dropped some, but from many millions to only millions. Still out of reach of most people. And wildly out of reach right now because financing of expensive home purchases is almost non-existent. Banks are not going to take risks when they cannot know whether prices will continue down. And that because nobody knows the further impact of Obama's socialism and targeting of the investor class. When their money is confiscated for taxes--it does NOT go to company startups or expansions.

Depending on the weather you can tolerate, you can buy a more inexpensive home by looking further inland- Temecula or Ramona, for instance. Anywhere within a few miles of the ocean is going to be expensive because of the perfect weather. The whole world would live in the coastal strip of Southern California if they could.

There are a dozen good golf courses inland also. Red Hawk, for instance.

Larry
    If he's coming to North County why would he look in Temecula or Ramona. He needs to look into Oceanside, Vista, La Costa, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar or Carmel Valley. All of these are decent areas and far less expensive than RSF or LaJolla.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    There is a strong argument to be made for locating yourself inside the city of San Diego. A San Diego City Card allows you to play Torrey Pines for $35 or less as a resident!
    SDB1, I forgot you lived in San Diego. I heard it's near impossible to get on Torrey Pines unless you sleep overnight.

SDB1, I forgot you lived in San Diego. I heard it's near impossible to get on Torrey Pines unless you sleep overnight.
    You can't get a tee time but unless you want to play first thing in the morning as a foursome you can get on almost whenever you want as a walk on. If you want to play as a fousome you'll be spending the night.

Basically, Torrey Pines is such a popular tourist spot that the teetime agencies reserve all the teetimes in advance. This means you can't get a teetime by calling in. It's a bureaucratic system run by the city but it's worth putting up with the nonsense to play there.

If he's coming to North County why would he look in Temecula or Ramona. He needs to look into Oceanside, Vista, La Costa, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar or Carmel Valley. All of these are decent areas and far less expensive than RSF or LaJolla.
    Better do some homework. A 4 BR average home in any of those places would cost $1 MILLION and up--with tough financing terms. Half down IF you have 800 credit AND a great income so that the payments total no more than 35% of your net.

Same house in Temecula, Ramona, etc. is $400k or less. In fact there are whole tracts of homes around Redhawk or Temecula Creek in Temecula going begging for buyers at $400k.

Larry

Thanks SDB1. I used to have San Diego as a territory and I remember being in Carlsbad and driving up Palomar Airport Road to Bressi Ranch where they had a bunch of new homes in the $700k to $900k range. I'm sure they are much lower than that now.

You can't get a tee time but unless you want to play first thing in the morning as a foursome you can get on almost whenever you want as a walk on. If you want to play as a fousome you'll be spending the night.

Basically, Torrey Pines is such a popular tourist spot that the teetime agencies reserve all the teetimes in advance. This means you can't get a teetime by calling in. It's a bureaucratic system run by the city but it's worth putting up with the nonsense to play there.
    Not any more. The reservation system for tourists works-- and requires a significant non-returnable deposit. That killed the "blocking out" of prime tee times on Saturday and Sunday mornings that used to occur--by the Torrey Pines Men's Club and others.

San Diego Residents (with a card to prove it) have a significant break on the price- but it is still very expensive. Electric cart is $20 PER PERSON.

And Torrey Pines is a San Diego public course-maintained by civil servants who have the yardbird attitude. Accordingly quite often the greens are unplayable, a mixture of various grass types and unrolled unless Tiger is coming.

There are far better courses in the area.

Larry

Better do some homework. A 4 BR average home in any of those places would cost $1 MILLION and up--with tough financing terms. Half down IF you have 800 credit AND a great income so that the payments total no more than 35% of your net.

Same house in Temecula, Ramona, etc. is $400k or less. In fact there are whole tracts of homes around Redhawk or Temecula Creek in Temecula going begging for buyers at $400k.

Larry
    Give me a break! Tons of homes in the $400K-$800K range. Nice townhomes and Condos in the Sub $300K ballpark if he wanted to go that route.

Larry
    I went on a real estate search site and came up with several homes that are in the $550K range in Carlsbad (inland Carlsbad) and several in Vista. I would agree that anything close to the ocean would be way beyond reach. I just recently purchased a home and did need to put down a significantly high down payment. We do have good credit. It really wasn't that hard to get a loan, though. The rate was incredible.

Thanks SDB1. I used to have San Diego as a territory and I remember being in Carlsbad and driving up Palomar Airport Road to Bressi Ranch where they had a bunch of new homes in the $700k to $900k range. I'm sure they are much lower than that now.
    Don't forget the high number of available rentals as well. Tons of people that can't sell their homes and are willing to rent cheap just to subsidize the mortgage they're stuck with.

Not any more. The reservation system for tourists works-- and requires a significant non-returnable deposit. That killed the "blocking out" of prime tee times on Saturday and Sunday mornings that used to occur--by the Torrey Pines Men's Club and others.

San Diego Residents (with a card to prove it) have a significant break on the price- but it is still very expensive. Electric cart is $20 PER PERSON.

And Torrey Pines is a San Diego public course-maintained by civil servants who have the yardbird attitude. Accordingly quite often the greens are unplayable, a mixture of various grass types and unrolled unless Tiger is coming.

There are far better courses in the area.

Larry
    Larry, even the retired seniors walk Torrey Pines in the a.m. so a cart isn't necessary. Even with a cart, the rate is still under $60 and you're going to be hard pressed to find a deal like that especially right on the Ocean. Sure, there are better courses if you just look at the course but Torrey Pines is a FUN course and the views are unbeatable in San Diego.

Course conditions can vary just like any course but I've played it a lot in the last few months and it's been immaculate!

Larry, even the retired seniors walk Torrey Pines in the a.m. so a cart isn't necessary. Even with a cart, the rate is still under $60 and you're going to be hard pressed to find a deal like that especially right on the Ocean. Sure, there are better courses if you just look at the course but Torrey Pines is a FUN course and the views are unbeatable in San Diego.

Course conditions can vary just like any course but I've played it a lot in the last few months and it's been immaculate!
    I'm really not that particular about greens like some guys are. I'm sure I would love to play Torrey Pines and would have a great time. Muni courses have their drawbacks but I would imagine that most people who play Torrey Pines are serious golfers.

There is a very good reason Alan Baker has been ejected from most golf discussion forums. The moderators soon realize he is not normal-- and as he has repeatedly demonstrated, he may be a little dangerous.
    Oh, Larry.

When I hired Golf Labs for many thousand dollars to conduct a formal evaluation of my new golf swing training product, he contacted them and tried to sabotage their results report.
    No, Larry. I did no such thing.

Before that when I referenced Manuel De La Torre and Gary Sowinski as gurus of the "Swing the Clubhead" method, he called Manuel's book publisher--and scared the heck out of that old man--fearful that his royalties would be affected.
    I never contacted anyone's publisher.

Alan called my office so many times in a few day period that I was obliged to contact his telephone provider in Canada.
    More nonsense. You invited me to call and then were extremely rude when I actually took you up on it.

I had to lodge a formal harassment complaint. They stopped him by threatening to disconnect his phone AND his Internet access.
    LOL

Let's see the correspondence on that one, Larry...

So Alan Baker is not like you and me and the others here-- he is deadly serious and he WOULD do financial harm if he could. This nutcase should be banned from this and every discussion forum.
    The only financial harm I'd do to you is taking all your money on the golf bets. Are you ever going to quit reneging on your offer of a match straight up?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

I'm sorry, but the guy who claims he is rich finds $20 for a power cart "very expensive"?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Give me a break! Tons of homes in the $400K-$800K range. Nice townhomes and Condos in the Sub $300K ballpark if he wanted to go that route.
    Hey! Larry always knows everything; hadn't you heard?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

I'm sorry, but the guy who claims he is rich finds $20 for a power cart "very expensive"?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Don't laugh alan. That money clip is very hard to open and it might crack the gold plating...

Don't laugh alan. That money clip is very hard to open and it might crack the gold plating...
    Besides, poor old Larry must have spent his retirement savings on all those $200 per hour lessons, hence the need for the printing/scanning business.

Still, it was worth it for the perfect swing he has now.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hey, if Tiger Woods uses coupons at Burger King anything is possible.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Some of the most wealthy people I know are some of the cheapest bastards you ever met! Very shrewd economically speaking! How do you think they acquired their money?

To be fair I can't stand courses that charge "per person" for a cart! If that's their practice then give me my own cart!

"Better do some homework. A 4 BR average home in any of those places would cost $1 MILLION and up--with tough financing terms. Half down IF you have 800 credit AND a great income so that the payments total no more than 35% of your net. "

LOL Perhaps you should do some homework. Conventional mortgage, you can put down 20%. Credit score is important, but 620 is the bare minimum. Last I checked they care about your ratios not being higher than 42% of your take home pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    "Better do some homework. A 4 BR average home in any of those places would cost $1 MILLION and up--with tough financing terms. Half down IF you have 800 credit AND a great income so that the payments total no more than 35% of your net. "

LOL Perhaps you should do some homework. Conventional mortgage, you can put down 20%. Credit score is important, but 620 is the bare minimum. Last I checked they care about your ratios not being higher than 42% of your take home pay.
    Larry never does his homework, M.

He makes his pronouncements, demands that others prove what they say to rebut him, and when you do, he then declares the whole thing to be "trivia".
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Some of the most wealthy people I know are some of the cheapest bastards you ever met! Very shrewd economically speaking! How do you think they acquired their money?

To be fair I can't stand courses that charge "per person" for a cart! If that's their practice then give me my own cart!
    Speaking of Tiger, I didn't want to start a new thread for this but if you want to hear his press conference click on the URL:

http://www.pgatour.com/video/?/video..._tiger_0428.xm

I've played it recently too--and the greens and fairways were in good condition. But I have played it in the recent past when BIG clumps of Poanna were in the middle of the greens-- your putt would roll sideways. Unplayable.

Locals are just not impressed. We play many other courses that are nicer with better restaurant and amenities. Try The Crossings in Carlsbad. Madera is among the best public courses in the area. MUCH nicer than Torrey Pines.

Of course the best courses are private. If you can get on, play Coto De Caza, two long Robert T. Jones courses in pristine condition. We like to play Mission Hills and Indian Wells CCs in the Palm Springs area. Weather perfect right now over there. I like the older courses with big trees, lots of character and shade, big stately clubhouses, etc.

larry

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002

Maybe 20% will work in the 400k and below range--They are using FHA/VA financing. But in all but those undesirable areas, the range for average tract homes is $900K+ and you will need half down-- You can apply with great credit, etc, but you won't get the loan. The banks will admit that they simply don't want to make "jumbo" loans. I have a dozen friends in real estate--nearly all trying to find another way to make a living. Almost nothing is closing.

My golf buddy just bought a $1.6 Mil home in La Jolla that had fallen out of escrow 10 times! All because the buyers could not get financing. He got in because he put $1M down. Even then, the bank tooks WEEKS to approve the loan-- and his mother in law is worth many millions, old La Jolla money--and volunteered to guarantee the loan. THAT is how hard it is to get a new loan here now. Another friend just sold their home for $1.8 MIL--all cash. The buyer was from Sweden.

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 04-28-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Just wondering, but does every thread laurie post hit 100 or get damn close to it?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Just wondering, but does every thread laurie post hit 100 or get damn close to it?
    99% of Larry's threads do.

99% of us amateurs don't!

Now where the f#ck am I?

99% of Larry's threads do.

99% of us amateurs don't!
    Hey, don't mess with me. If I were to leave, this forum would wither and die--with so few posts that nobody would bother to stay. I've done that elsewhere and they begged me to come back and keep everyone fired up. Easy for me, fun for you guys.

Larry

Hey, don't mess with me. If I were to leave, this forum would wither and die--with so few posts that nobody would bother to stay. I've done that elsewhere and they begged me to come back and keep everyone fired up. Easy for me, fun for you guys.
    Spoken like a true narcissist!
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    Not messing with ya Larry, just pointing out the facts!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Larry
    Get the hell out this forum you retard! Nobody wants your early stage Alzheimer ass here!.. and there is not a blanket requirement to respect an elder that displays retardedness while cognizant of said retardedness in question...

You forget every post you make and who you ever spoke to here; it is clear as day to us, that you have early stage dementia; at least for those of us that have handled such patients in the past.

I am sorry for you, but get away from the computer, quit golf, and take up gardening.

Now you are just a dangling, freshly slapped ball sack...

spank

Edited: Larry you jackass look to someone your age like Mongrel for how an older man commands and deserves respect... I wouldn't buy strawberries from you on a street corner.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 04-28-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Get the hell out this forum you retard! Nobody wants your early stage Alzheimer ass here!.. and there is not a blanket requirement to respect an elder that displays retardedness while cognizant of said retardedness in question...

You forget every post you make and who you ever spoke to here; it is clear as day to us, that you have early stage dementia; at least for those of us that have handled such patients in the past.

I am sorry for you, but get away from the computer, quit golf, and take up gardening.

Now you are just a dangling, freshly slapped ball sack...

spank

Edited: Larry you jackass look to someone your age like Mongrel for how an older man commands and deserves respect... I wouldn't buy strawberries from you on a street corner.

Yeah! What he said!!

Wow, I've been away with work for less than 2 days and this thread has gone off. Some vintage Larry/Alan exchanges and we finaly got to find out what the RSF stands for, Rancho Santa Fe. Now I know some of you Americans wud have figured this out long ago, but in Oz we aren't so pretentious as to put the initials of our residential suburb on sign in names. Larry is a real wanna be poser doing that. I feel sorry for the truly wealthy neghbours who have to put up with his undoubted boot licking. I actually feel sorry for guys like Larry who are snobs. They spend half their lives loking down their noses at people they believe are below them and the other half grovelling to people they think are their betters. Guys like him never have any real friends.

Wow, I've been away with work for less than 2 days and this thread has gone off. Some vintage Larry/Alan exchanges and we finaly got to find out what the RSF stands for, Rancho Santa Fe. Now I know some of you Americans wud have figured this out long ago, but in Oz we aren't so pretentious as to put the initials of our residential suburb on sign in names. Larry is a real wanna be poser doing that. I feel sorry for the truly wealthy neghbours who have to put up with his undoubted boot licking. I actually feel sorry for guys like Larry who are snobs. They spend half their lives loking down their noses at people they believe are below them and the other half grovelling to people they think are their betters. Guys like him never have any real friends.
    AND, never will. He just lost his last friend with Spam, . . . er, . . . . I mean, Spank . . . . .

Am I the last person on GR who likes Larry? It cannot be true.
    Let's face a few facts. Larry is a lightning rod of controversy who routinely cranks 100 counters like he's sweeping the floor (not that someone so distinctive as Lawrence would ever stoop to menial labor). His videos are the stuff of legend. No qualifiers necessary, we all know this is true. He is a feces magnet in the parade that is GR. He gives it out and takes it (not a purple dildo reference).
    C'mon GR, get aboard the Larry train. It will set you free.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Maybe 20% will work in the 400k and below range--They are using FHA/VA financing. But in all but those undesirable areas, the range for average tract homes is $900K+ and you will need half down-- You can apply with great credit, etc, but you won't get the loan. The banks will admit that they simply don't want to make "jumbo" loans. I have a dozen friends in real estate--nearly all trying to find another way to make a living. Almost nothing is closing.

My golf buddy just bought a $1.6 Mil home in La Jolla that had fallen out of escrow 10 times! All because the buyers could not get financing. He got in because he put $1M down. Even then, the bank tooks WEEKS to approve the loan-- and his mother in law is worth many millions, old La Jolla money--and volunteered to guarantee the loan. THAT is how hard it is to get a new loan here now. Another friend just sold their home for $1.8 MIL--all cash. The buyer was from Sweden.

Larry
    I guess it depends on what you think is desireable. I looked at several homes online in the $600K range in Carlsbad that are in desireable areas. Good schools, great shopping and reasonable distance to the ocean. The prices have dropped around $250K over the last 3 years. I know because I looked at homes in the same area 3 years ago and so did a friend of mine at Flocke & Avoyer. Anyway, thanks for your help. I've bought and sold 7 homes over the last 12 years and this is without a doubt the best buyer's market I've ever seen. Financing won't be a problem.

Not messing with ya Larry, just pointing out the facts!
    Like anyone cares? You may not even be "you." I may not be Larryrsf. Everything can be faked here.

So everything is meaningless. But just keep posting, replying, reacting, etc. Start more threads about me! You are here for my entertainment--and visa versa.

I was amazed to see a thread with half a dozen links to posts of mine from 5 or 6 years ago! That required serious time. someone really needs to get a life-- those old posts were trivia at the time, now even more meaningless trivia. Why would someone throw away his hours on such stuff? I guess it takes all kinds. Poor boob. I picture someone just sitting there with saliva dripping down his shirt...

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 04-29-2010 at 09:27 AM.

I guess it depends on what you think is desireable. .
    Northern Carlsbad and much of Oceanside looks nice--until dark. Then the gangs rule the streets. Better check it out. There is a reason some prices are lower than others.

Larry

Thread Information