|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Wow, I've been away with work for less than 2 days and this thread has gone off. Some vintage Larry/Alan exchanges and we finaly got to find out what the RSF stands for, Rancho Santa Fe. Now I know some of you Americans wud have figured this out long ago, but in Oz we aren't so pretentious as to put the initials of our residential suburb on sign in names. Larry is a real wanna be poser doing that. I feel sorry for the truly wealthy neghbours who have to put up with his undoubted boot licking. I actually feel sorry for guys like Larry who are snobs. They spend half their lives loking down their noses at people they believe are below them and the other half grovelling to people they think are their betters. Guys like him never have any real friends.
    Didn't your screen name used to be NewcastleontheBlock??? I'm pretty sure it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    I've played it recently too--and the greens and fairways were in good condition. But I have played it in the recent past when BIG clumps of Poanna were in the middle of the greens-- your putt would roll sideways. Unplayable.

Locals are just not impressed. We play many other courses that are nicer with better restaurant and amenities. Try The Crossings in Carlsbad. Madera is among the best public courses in the area. MUCH nicer than Torrey Pines.

Of course the best courses are private. If you can get on, play Coto De Caza, two long Robert T. Jones courses in pristine condition. We like to play Mission Hills and Indian Wells CCs in the Palm Springs area. Weather perfect right now over there. I like the older courses with big trees, lots of character and shade, big stately clubhouses, etc.

larry
    Maderas is good but way too expensive if you play a lot! I'll play the Crossings in a jam but it's not at the top of my list. I've played The Crosby which was a good track. Mt. Woodsen is one of my favorites as well as Cross Creek. The Golf Club of California is just as nice as The Crosby and they opened it to the public because they were going bankrupt. The Coachella Valley has too many nice courses to list. Most of them are nicer and more pristine than ANY course in San Diego. Just played Escena for the first time and it was beautiful. No range though and that's a big problem for a desert course for people on vacation!

Where the hell is Coto De Caza?

Northern Carlsbad and much of Oceanside looks nice--until dark. Then the gangs rule the streets. Better check it out. There is a reason some prices are lower than others.

Larry
    Whaaaaaaat!?!?

Gangs?? This ain't South Central!

Maybe if you roll through flashing a gold plated money clip. That sh*ts hard to resist!

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    Whaaaaaaat!?!?

Maybe if you roll through flashing a gold plated binder clip. That sh*ts hard to resist!
    Fixed it for you.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

The county should be annexed to Arizona and the new anybody-can-carry law would be wonders for that after-dark gang activity, especially coupled with some latest generation night vision eyeware and scopes. They'd get the message in a week or so and head up to Orange County.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    Fixed it for you.

Surely when an item goes through THAT level of transformation it ceases to be a binder clip. The shear amount of work involved must have been staggering!

Surely when an item goes through THAT level of transformation it ceases to be a binder clip. The shear amount of work involved must have been staggering!
    True dat.

LMAO
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Whaaaaaaat!?!?

Maybe if you roll through flashing a gold plated money clip. That sh*ts hard to resist!
    If a gang tries to mess with me I just pull out my nunchucks and go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    If a gang tries to mess with me I just pull out my nunchucks and go to work.
    Schweeet.

So are you like a suburban ninja?

If you have chucks made out of cocobolo wood, you can safely deflect 9mm rounds. Didja know that?
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    Schweeet.

So are you like a suburban ninja?

If you have chucks made out of cocobolo wood, you can safely deflect 9mm rounds. Didja know that?
    Nope, mine are made out of a secret Titanium Alloy hybrid material. If used correctly I can deflect the rounds directly back at the shooter. Gangs fear me, not the other way around. Either way I'll be buying a home in a less desireable area unless I move into a $1 million + home in RSF or La Jolla.

Nope, mine are made out of a secret Titanium Alloy hybrid material. If used correctly I can deflect the rounds directly back at the shooter. Gangs fear me, not the other way around. Either way I'll be buying a home in a less desireable area unless I move into a $1 million + home in RSF or La Jolla.
    Sh!t.

With those bad boyz, you could prolly take Larry no problem (not sure about his wife though). You should move into his house.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Maderas is good but way too expensive if you play a lot! I'll play the Crossings in a jam but it's not at the top of my list. I've played The Crosby which was a good track. Mt. Woodsen is one of my favorites as well as Cross Creek. The Golf Club of California is just as nice as The Crosby and they opened it to the public because they were going bankrupt. The Coachella Valley has too many nice courses to list. Most of them are nicer and more pristine than ANY course in San Diego. Just played Escena for the first time and it was beautiful. No range though and that's a big problem for a desert course for people on vacation!

Where the hell is Coto De Caza?
    http://www.clubcorp.com/club/scripts...H&MFCODE=CCGRC

Great older RTJ design of two courses. The North is rated among the most challenging in California-- and let me guarantee that it is extremely difficult for all but members who have vast experience there. There are no level lies in the fairways, which slope toward the harzards on both sides-- and the hazards are usually deep ditches, no recovery possible. But If you can hit your drives arrow straight and your fairway shots while the ball is either under or over your feet and ALSO on an up or down slope, you could hit the greens. But once you're on the greens you could easily FOUR putt because they are tougher than tough-- fast with several levels and a few have big humps. Recently while playing with members, they told us what some putts would do and we didn't believe them! The actual roll looked impossible--the ball seemed to roll uphill. Coto is private-- but if you can get invited, it is worth it. Forget score and just enjoy the scenery--and take 20 extra balls!

A friend with a 3 handicap (who usually plays the USGA course in N. County) was so far over 90 by #14 that he just threw his card away!

This neighborhood is where they shoot "the Housewives of Orange County."

Larry

Yeah sure. They sniped a cop a few months ago in Oceanside. He was making a traffic stop-- but they had a rifle with a scope.

Larry

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

Great older RTJ design of two courses.
    You mean RTJ, Jr. designs that opened in 1987 and 1995...

The North is rated among the most challenging in California-- and let me guarantee that it is extremely difficult for all but members who have vast experience there. There are no level lies in the fairways, which slope toward the harzards on both sides-- and the hazards are usually deep ditches, no recovery possible. But If you can hit your drives arrow straight and your fairway shots while the ball is either under or over your feet and ALSO on an up or down slope, you could hit the greens. But once you're on the greens you could easily FOUR putt because they are tougher than tough-- fast with several levels and a few have big humps. Recently while playing with members, they told us what some putts would do and we didn't believe them! The actual roll looked impossible--the ball seemed to roll uphill. Coto is private-- but if you can get invited, it is worth it. Forget score and just enjoy the scenery--and take 20 extra balls!
    Hmmm...

One wonders if these comments are as accurate as your "Great older RTJ design" comment...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Great older RTJ design of two courses. The North is rated among the most challenging in California-- and let me guarantee that it is extremely difficult for all but members who have vast experience there. There are no level lies in the fairways, which slope toward the harzards on both sides-- and the hazards are usually deep ditches, no recovery possible. But If you can hit your drives arrow straight and your fairway shots while the ball is either under or over your feet and ALSO on an up or down slope, you could hit the greens. But once you're on the greens you could easily FOUR putt because they are tougher than tough-- fast with several levels and a few have big humps. Recently while playing with members, they told us what some putts would do and we didn't believe them! The actual roll looked impossible--the ball seemed to roll uphill. Coto is private-- but if you can get invited, it is worth it. Forget score and just enjoy the scenery--and take 20 extra balls!

A friend with a 3 handicap (who usually plays the USGA course in N. County) was so far over 90 by #14 that he just threw his card away!

This neighborhood is where they shoot "the Housewives of Orange County."

Larry
    That looks like a beast. My friend is a clubcorp member so I'll have to to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    You mean RTJ, Jr. designs that opened in 1987 and 1995...

Hmmm...

One wonders if these comments are as accurate as your "Great older RTJ design" comment...
    That course is legit. It carries a higher rating and slope than Bethpage Black or Torrey Pines South.

That course is legit. It carries a higher rating and slope than Bethpage Black or Torrey Pines South.
    Well... mostly because it's long.

All that other stuff is just Larry's excuse for his inability to break 100 from the silver tees.

BTW

According to www.customscorecards.com:

CdC: 75.5/147 from 7089 yards
    BPB: 76.6/148 from 7297
    TPS: 78.1/143 from 7607.
    Last edited by alangbaker; 04-29-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

I have played TP South and it is 10 strokes easier. The greens on CDC alone will add that many to the score of anyone who has not been around that course several times a in the few days before he keeps score. It would embarass any touring pro. There is a reason the tour doesn't play courses like that. They don't want to risk shooting 90!

Larry

I have played TP South and it is 10 strokes easier. The greens on CDC alone will add that many to the score of anyone who has not been around that course several times a in the few days before he keeps score. It would embarass any touring pro. There is a reason the tour doesn't play courses like that. They don't want to risk shooting 90!
    We should believe an 18 handicapper like you over the professionals who rate these courses, Larry?

Larry, you're so full of **** you should go into the fertilizer business.
    Last edited by alangbaker; 04-29-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    The Nationwide tour does hit up courses like that because they don't have the crowds. They shoot very respectable scores. Honestly the course doesn't matter. If those guys have a few days of practice rounds they'll figure out how to play it.

The Nationwide tour does hit up courses like that because they don't have the crowds. They shoot very respectable scores. Honestly the course doesn't matter. If those guys have a few days of practice rounds they'll figure out how to play it.
    Yeah.

Larry takes a couple of four putts (after publicly claiming that putting isn't something he practices) and he automatically assumes it's because the greens are so tough that pros who practice ever aspect of the game would be doing it too!

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    My question is, has anyone ever done this and succeeded? I have never heard of anyone changing their tempo.

Is what I am doing stupid? (don't answer that, ha ha)... I have a couple of pictures I will post in this thread another time.[/QUOTE]
    Nothin wrong with a quicker tempo. My old insructor for about seven lessons, was a big proponent of 80 percent swings. So I always had to shorten my swing to make it work. This year I grip it and wrip it and crap, I,m probably almost 2 clubs longer sw now as long as my old pw, pw is my old 8 iron shots now. Long irons are so much easier to hit. I play my 4 iron all the time now. I go past my normal old backswing, get a good wrist cock and swing as hard as I can without the feel of losing control. And I like it. I bet you do to. Cause if your gaining anything by it, your seeing big increases in distance.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Thread Information