|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Orlando Courses

Orlando Courses

Anyone been to Orlando lately for golf? I am making a trip next week and trying to decide between Falcon's Fire and Celebration Golf....

Found several forum post on Favorite courses in the Orlando area but they all seem to be 3 or 4 years old.

Any newer courses that I should consider?

Thanks

It has been my experiences that new courses generally suck condition-wise unless someone like Donald Trump has spared no expenses. Look at that piece of mess in San Antonio where the PGA is playing as I type. Greens look like crap, fairways a little better. New unsettled sand in every bunker. I watched a bit of it yesterday afternoon and most players looked like they were on another planet trying to figure out its gravity. I'm used to playing courses built from the late 1800's to early 20th century so I am a bit biased. Sometimes the best new courses are left unplayed for a year or two after completion to let things settle and the turf and green grass take more solid root.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney4422
    Anyone been to Orlando lately for golf? I am making a trip next week and trying to decide between Falcon's Fire and Celebration Golf....

Found several forum post on Favorite courses in the Orlando area but they all seem to be 3 or 4 years old.

Thanks
    I live here and you cant go wrong with either.I played falcons in my girlfriends co scramble and i prefer that course.
    Orange County National is fun,2 courses Panther lake and Crooked Cat they played the Q school there a couple years back PL is around 7800 from tips,both are long though.let me know of any other course you might want to play and i will try to give my opinion.

Championsgate wasn't awful, but the greens were stupid quick. Then again I played them back in the winter when it was cold and windy so that could be flawed. OCN has two great courses from what I've heard.

I'd try and avoid the resort courses. 5-6hr rounds filled with hacks who are just out enjoying the weather and making a mess of the course. I'd walk it if I were you, just to make the waiting between shots a little less. It's 86 here in Tampa today, so if the heat won't kill you I'd go for that and see if you can play for a little cheaper at that. Green speeds tend to vary.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I think we will try our Falcon's Fire. How do you think it compares to the Disney courses? I have played Magnolia before, which was nice, but I hear that for the money there are several courses that are better. I am thinking this includes Falcon's Fire. Also, I think we are catching it at a good time of year. Hopefully, they are not aerating and sanding the greens!

Earlier this week, we played Tour 18 in Houston and they had aerated and sanded every other green. Turns out that it is pretty difficult to putt consistently when every other green is rolling at a much different speed.

Thanks again.

Haa, most courses around me started aeration a couple weeks ago. Isleworth has done the same per TW when he missed the cut at Quail Hollow. I feel your pain, as I'm playing over there on Monday and I'm hoping they've healed up mostly.

I never played Golf in Orlando, but I did party there one night back when I was still single. I remember there being a lot hot horny ladies and a bunch cheesy dudes my buddy called 30'Thousandaires. Fun times...I would check out the club with the huge exhaust fans, smoke machines, and 40 dollar cover charge.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Metrowest is a good Orlando course.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by rodney4422

Thanks
    Both of those courses have gay names.

Thread Information