|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Some Young People Have Brains

A few weeks ago, I stepped onto a bus near the Olympic Club while carrying an itty-bitty old style blade. I sat down next to a gangly kid about 23 with long hair, and he said to me, in a thick Irish accent, "that's like Nicklaus used to play." Turned out he was a member of the O-Club grounds staff, after having transfered from a similar job at Pine Valley. What a resume. Said he plays to a 4, and that he prefers traditional courses and doesn't like the new-fangled ones. Also, I agree with everything Spanq says. Hope I run into him at Harding some say.

I have two old small blades that I could easily carry on a bus. One is a 12" wooden shafted replica of "Calamity Jane" in a wooden case with glass door and a metal laser etching of Mr. Jones himself. The other is made by Spyderco and fits nicely in a jacket pocket or, better yet, under my sock at the ankle. Calamity Jane is for show, the Spyderco is for go.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I have two old small blades that I could easily carry on a bus. One is a 12" wooden shafted replica of "Calamity Jane" in a wooden case with glass door and a metal laser etching of Mr. Jones himself. The other is made by Spyderco and fits nicely in a jacket pocket or, better yet, under my sock at the ankle. Calamity Jane is for show, the Spyderco is for go.
    I would not want to p!ss you off.

Spyderco.......

A tool for a consummate professional.

Nice.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

The Spyderco works great for repairing pitch marks in those nasty baked greens in the dead of summer. Cleans gunk out of grooves good also.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Wasn't Spyderico the guy who headbutted Rocky Balboa at the beginning of Rocky 1?

Thread Information