|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Sooner in September

Hey SoonerBS,

Just talked to my dad.. headed up to Wyoming for the summer... he says he'll be rolling into Thackerville around September.. lets plan on going around winstar with him ...

but no reason we can't do our rematch before then.. :-)))
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Sounds good, Dave, let me know whenever you are ready to go again . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Sounds good, Dave, let me know whenever you are ready to go again . . . .

dang man, another match... Sooner didn't you learn your lesson the first time???

also with Loz's mysterious injury, i'm beginning to wonder if our match will happen... also i haven't been able to hit any golf balls in over a week, i have a nationwide tour qualifier i'm supposed to play in on the 14th (i think)... but i tore up my right thumb and don't know when i'll be able to hit again, hopefully later this week...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    dang man, another match... Sooner didn't you learn your lesson the first time???

also with Loz's mysterious injury, i'm beginning to wonder if our match will happen... also i haven't been able to hit any golf balls in over a week, i have a nationwide tour qualifier i'm supposed to play in on the 14th (i think)... but i tore up my right thumb and don't know when i'll be able to hit again, hopefully later this week...
    Actually, I did learn my lesson -- relax, concentrate more on game management and don't take unnecessary risks, play loose and enjoy the game.

I'm ready for a rematch.

Actually, I did learn my lesson -- relax, concentrate more on game management and don't take unnecessary risks, play loose and enjoy the game.

I'm ready for a rematch.
    Those are unrealistic goals. It's doubtful that you'll feel relaxed because you are new to match play and he beat you the first time. It's normal to feel nervous. The whole idea of just concentrating on your own game is ridiculous. You're playing a match. There's no way you can ignore what your opponent is doing.

Your third goal of not taking unnecessary risks is right on. Your goal should be to hit the middle of the fairway and then play high percentage shots. That doesn't mean you have to play conservative and definitely doesn't mean you swing conservatively. Swing hard and be aggressive. Just play smart.

This is my humble opinion...which happens to be right 90.1% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Those are unrealistic goals. It's doubtful that you'll feel relaxed because you are new to match play and he beat you the first time. It's normal to feel nervous. The whole idea of just concentrating on your own game is ridiculous. You're playing a match. There's no way you can ignore what your opponent is doing.

Your third goal of not taking unnecessary risks is right on. Your goal should be to hit the middle of the fairway and then play high percentage shots. That doesn't mean you have to play conservative and definitely doesn't mean you swing conservatively. Swing hard and be aggressive. Just play smart.

This is my humble opinion...which happens to be right 90.1% of the time.
    So, . . . . . . I guess the other 9.9% of the time you are getting your arse kicked in a GR matchup like me, eh?

I thought the lesson learned was to play with less poop.

Quote Originally Posted by clmax
    I thought the lesson learned was to play with less poop.
    That was certainly a first for me. The course we played on is owned by the Chickasaw nation and they have ton of money and are pumping a good deal of money into the course we played. But, I have to question their choice of fertilizing methods. I am sure it is a great form of fertilizer and they likely get it cheap at a nearby local farm, but geeez, the smell was little much.

So, . . . . . . I guess the other 9.9% of the time you are getting your arse kicked in a GR matchup like me, eh?
    We had horrible weather and the clubs were sliding out of my hands. Noshuz has bigger hands than me so he had an advantage. Completely different situation.

That was certainly a first for me. The course we played on is owned by the Chickasaw nation and they have ton of money and are pumping a good deal of money into the course we played. But, I have to question their choice of fertilizing methods. I am sure it is a great form of fertilizer and they likely get it cheap at a nearby local farm, but geeez, the smell was little much.

Oh, so now you're going to blame your loss on a bunch of Indians? Geez, cut these people a break for once.

Oh, so now you're going to blame your loss on a bunch of Indians? Geez, cut these people a break for once.

I did, . . . . . . . . . I married one.

I did, . . . . . . . . . I married one.
    One time I was hitting balls on an Indian reservation and a small crowd of tribesmen started to gather. As I was about to leave the head chief guy took me aside and told me that my new name was Swings with a Force.

One time I was hitting balls on an Indian reservation and a small crowd of tribesmen started to gather. As I was about to leave the head chief guy took me aside and told me that my new name was Swings with a Force.
    Swing is a Farce.. heya....
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i have a nationwide tour qualifier i'm supposed to play in on the 14th (i think)... but i tore up my right thumb and don't know when i'll be able to hit again, hopefully later this week...

Orly?

If we see you on TV and you're not sporting some sort of GR merchandise, we'll be pissed.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Orly?

If we see you on TV and you're not sporting some sort of GR merchandise, we'll be pissed.
    we really need to develop a line of logo merchandise. Skorts, short shorts, tightie tanks with pushups... socklets with little dingle balls on the back... GR logo design team, step up!
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    we really need to develop a line of logo merchandise. Skorts, short shorts, tightie tanks with pushups... socklets with little dingle balls on the back... GR logo design team, step up!
    Maybe he could be the first tour player to wear a headband with no hat. Golfreview could be printed across the front. The only question left to answer is why anyone would ever agree to it.

Thread Information