|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tiger and Hank part ways

All over The Golf Channel and Hank Haney's website. Who's gonna be the lucky 7 figure coach now? Sean Foley? Or back to Harmon? Maybe a dark horse pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    All over The Golf Channel and Hank Haney's website. Who's gonna be the lucky 7 figure coach now? Sean Foley? Or back to Harmon? Maybe a dark horse pick?
    Eldrick is a washed up retard. Damn, I never swung a golf club until I was 24... I hated golf as a kid, and frowned upon those people...

If I had swung a golf club one time as a 7 year old, I would probably be breaking 80 every day... I have no ingrained feel.

Eldrick can kiss my ass.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

I suppose it depends on who wants to wear the goat horns when Tiger screws up from now on.

Whoever it is, their number one priority should be teaching him how to hit a fuk'n fairway off the tee. I've seen 20 handicappers that drive the ball better than he does these days. I'd be willing to bet that half of GR is better off the tee than Tiger right now.

I do not envy the next person who holds that job.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Honestly I'm not sure he goes with a new coach at all. If he does wouldn't be surprised if it was a female, someone like that Danielle girl that was on one of the early big breaks.

I would heartily recommend Larry RSF......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    ... or a coach recommended by LarryRSF.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    ... or a coach recommended by LarryRSF.
    Maybe Tiger could just watch some helpful video clips.......

Maybe Tiger could just watch some helpful video clips.......

... as long as he has the patience to ingrain the swing changes through endless drills, range time and slow motion rehearsals. 99% of golfers get frustrated and go back to their old swing faults.

Now where the f#ck am I?

... on second thoughts Shawn Clement is the only viable option (this week!).

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hank Haney is such an overrated teacher. Just look at how terrible he did with Barkley and Ray Romano. I could have done a better job with either.

Haney changed too much in Tiger's swing. He changed it into something overly complicated and unnatural, which requires constant repitition and attention in order for it to remain viable. Tiger spends 5 months away from the game, this exposes the inherent flaws in Haney's method. This must be why he advocated this "hit 400 balls, it'll come" approach when working with Charles Barkley and Ray Romanno. I'd rather hit 1/4 of the balls, and know what I'm doing, and why it makes sense, then to spend all day trying to ingrain some contrived principle that will never stand the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    Hank Haney is such an overrated teacher. Just look at how terrible he did with Barkley and Ray Romano. I could have done a better job with either.

Haney changed too much in Tiger's swing. He changed it into something overly complicated and unnatural, which requires constant repitition and attention in order for it to remain viable. Tiger spends 5 months away from the game, this exposes the inherent flaws in Haney's method. This must be why he advocated this "hit 400 balls, it'll come" approach when working with Charles Barkley and Ray Romanno. I'd rather hit 1/4 of the balls, and know what I'm doing, and why it makes sense, then to spend all day trying to ingrain some contrived principle that will never stand the test of time.
    Tiger's right shoulder dominates too many swings... it comes out and around and finishes higher than the left... if the club closes, that's a pullhook.. if it doesn't, that's a weak block... and this happens more with tee shots than any other...

when he finishes with level shoulders it's usually a good swing.. when his right shoulder finishes high, the fans are scrambling....
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

What about Pingman????? Stack and tilt Tiger , now that has a ring to it
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Haney showed true class notifying Tiger by text message that he would no longer be his swing coach. A fitting momento to the player who put him on the map. Tiger needs to go to Scotland and spend a couple of months with Harrington's guy, Sam Torrance's father.

If Tiger would just invest in a few $600 wedges, none of this would matter. Who cares if you miss the greens when you can hit all the shots to get up and down (or in)?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Tiger's right shoulder dominates too many swings... it comes out and around and finishes higher than the left... if the club closes, that's a pullhook.. if it doesn't, that's a weak block... and this happens more with tee shots than any other...

when he finishes with level shoulders it's usually a good swing.. when his right shoulder finishes high, the fans are scrambling....
    Despite his phenomenal long term results, Tiger's swing is ugly from an aesthetic standpoint, in my opinion (beauty being in the eye of the beholder). He seems to be accelerating with such violence that it is no wonder he has difficulty controlling it at times. It's also no wonder that eventually it puts unnatural strain on his body. Lee Westwood started swinging violently like Tiger during the last round of the Players Championship, and faded quickly.

Tiger just needs to kiss up to Butch again. He played his best when with him.

Actually, I think what Haney teaches is crap. He tries to teach this single plane back and the same plane though. Watch almost every Tour pro and you will see they most all have two planes. One they take the club back on and then a slightly flatter one on the way down when they slot the club. Seems to me that doing what the guys making money are doing makes more sense than what Haney is trying to teach.

Despite his phenomenal long term results, Tiger's swing is ugly from an aesthetic standpoint, in my opinion (beauty being in the eye of the beholder). He seems to be accelerating with such violence that it is no wonder he has difficulty controlling it at times. It's also no wonder that eventually it puts unnatural strain on his body. Lee Westwood started swinging violently like Tiger during the last round of the Players Championship, and faded quickly.
    Dorkman, first I want you to know that your avatar is disturbing and hard to look at without cringing. Second, I agree with your thoughts on Tiger's swing. Like you, I see him coming into the ball way to quickly and he lunges his body downward so that he has no chance but to block it or hit it too high. I remember one tournament last year where he used 3 wood for every tee shot and hit it straight down the middle. His swing was nice and smooth and he turned through the ball intead of lashing at it. It's about time that Tiger got a new swing coach. Haney sucks. If Haney texted Tiger that the relationship is over it's only because he knew Tiger was about to do it himself.

I got a feeling too Tiger probably blamed Haney a bit for his swing issues. Either that or Tiger was banging Haney's wife!

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Dorkman, first I want you to know that your avatar is disturbing and hard to look at without cringing.
    In a bizarre way, I take that as a compliment. I wanted something very offbeat and weird. But far more "compliments" need to be extended to Jeff_h and Spank, for their devoted and tireless service to the mission of making GR a place where misfits and the outcasts and dregs of society like us can enjoy a sense of resignation to a common curse........

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    I got a feeling too Tiger probably blamed Haney a bit for his swing issues. Either that or Tiger was banging Haney's wife!
    If that's the case then Haney likes to teach more than just one way to swing!

32 wins, 6 majors with Haney. Can't say he wasn't successful with it.

How many does Phil have with Butch?

I heard that Hank dumped Tiger because he found out that Tiger was secretly getting lessons from at least a dozen different pros around the country. Hank also found text messages from David Ledbetter on Tiger's cell phone. It apparently was so bad that one time Tiger had a short order fry cook at Denny's check his grip and set up.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I heard that Hank dumped Tiger because he found out that Tiger was secretly getting lessons from at least a dozen different pros around the country. Hank also found text messages from David Ledbetter on Tiger's cell phone. It apparently was so bad that one time Tiger had a short order fry cook at Denny's check his grip and set up.
    Even more revealing was Tiger's comment to Leadbetter "those sure are some long legs you've got".

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Nicely done, HR . . . . .

I don't think Pros need coaches, period. They need to dig a swing out of the dirt like real men.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Tiger needs to re-tool and some new tools. After surgery, he should sequester himself with all the video footage of Steve Stricker since he changed his swing. Then he should get himself fitted for some decent clubs. A 909 D3 should be a good driver head for him. Some muscle-back Tit blades, Vokey wedges and the Pro V1x. With the Stricker swing, he could play into his '90's and with his short game still be ultra competitive. All those dramatic shots from deep rough and out of fairway bunkers put needless wear and tear on the body. Hit the motherloving fairway even 20 yards back, then hit the center of the green and make 20% of your first putts and you'll Varden til the cows come home.

If that's the case then Haney likes to teach more than just one way to swing!

Has to make you wonder. Haney has a blonde wife. Tiger has a blonde wife. Tiger's wife and he break up. Tiger and Haney break up. Might there have been a swap meet or two and now that Elin is gone Haney is no longer interested in Tiger's game?

Has to make you wonder. Haney has a blonde wife. Tiger has a blonde wife. Tiger's wife and he break up. Tiger and Haney break up. Might there have been a swap meet or two and now that Elin is gone Haney is no longer interested in Tiger's game?
    Exactly. It brings up the question of Barkley being a casual observer...if you know what I mean.

Actually, I think what Haney teaches is crap. He tries to teach this single plane back and the same plane though. Watch almost every Tour pro and you will see they most all have two planes. One they take the club back on and then a slightly flatter one on the way down when they slot the club. Seems to me that doing what the guys making money are doing makes more sense than what Haney is trying to teach.
    Of course. Read Swing Like A Pro (Model Golf), or Hogan or Shawn Clement (who teaches fundamental Hogan). They all teach THE golf swing--which requires us to start our downswing with a strong POST move to the front leg before the shoulders and arms come around. "Turn, plant, swing," to quote Shawn. The post move "flattens the shaft" in appearance from the back. Post move tilts the torso back and allows us to keep the clubhead inside the "magic line" to quote Bobby Jones. That is also what essentially every champion did. Watch Furyk do it a little more-Flattening the shaft is the only way to consistently hit it straight-- accelerate through and "trap" the ball with irons.

Larry

Probably not wife; daughter would be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Of course. Read Swing Like A Pro (Model Golf), or Hogan or Shawn Clement (who teaches fundamental Hogan). They all teach THE golf swing--which requires us to start our downswing with a strong POST move to the front leg before the shoulders and arms come around. "Turn, plant, swing," to quote Shawn. The post move "flattens the shaft" in appearance from the back. Post move tilts the torso back and allows us to keep the clubhead inside the "magic line" to quote Bobby Jones. That is also what essentially every champion did. Watch Furyk do it a little more-Flattening the shaft is the only way to consistently hit it straight-- accelerate through and "trap" the ball with irons.

Larry
    Most of the top teaching pros will tell you that Hogan's teachings have screwed up more golf swings than any other teaching method. Hogan fought a hook for years and corrected it with the swing he talks about in Five Lessons. Most people can't work with that swing.

Most of the top teaching pros will tell you that Hogan's teachings have screwed up more golf swings than any other teaching method. Hogan fought a hook for years and corrected it with the swing he talks about in Five Lessons. Most people can't work with that swing.
    Indeed, also if you look at video of what Hogan actually did versus what he said he did they are two different things. What was groundbreaking though was his thoughts on the swing plane. Even though Hogan's was flat as anything.

Just makes me wonder how something so obviously wrong is so celebrated.

I think Tiger should go with Calvin Peete. There are several advantages:

1. Calvin is the all time straightest driver in the history of the game.

2. He's black. Tiger needs more black people in his entourage. Calvin is not a celebrity so he would be seen as a true black man that Tiger chose. I'm sure Tiger could come up with some good jokes about broken arms, etc.

3. Calvin is known to have a bad temper. He could mentor Tiger in this area.

4. It's not like Calvin is gonna be hangin' around a bunch of ho's.

5. Look at the photo I attached. He looks exactly like Tiger used to look on his follow through.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I always routed for him in the '80's. Read in some golf magazine that he fell out of a tree when he was young, broke his left arm, and it never got set properly so that it was impossible for him to keep it straight on the backswing. As I recall, he sort of looked like Westwood post-impact. He was real straight and I think just behind Corey Pavin and Curtis Strange in driving distance stats.

Agree completely with all of this. There really hasn't been a whole lot of top level success with the one plane swing. Not that it doesn't help some golfers, even pros, but the two planer has no distant second when it comes to top level success. It's just too difficult to release naturally and keep the right should in position on a consistent basis. There are some who say Hogan was a one planer, but that just isn't correct.

In any event, Tiger's probably too stubborn to go back to Harmon. But any of the top two plane instructors would kill to get Tiger. They believe Tiger can rediscover his ball striking from earlier in his career by going back the swing he had before.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I always routed for him in the '80's. Read in some golf magazine that he fell out of a tree when he was young, broke his left arm, and it never got set properly so that it was impossible for him to keep it straight on the backswing. As I recall, he sort of looked like Westwood post-impact. He was real straight and I think just behind Corey Pavin and Curtis Strange in driving distance stats.
    It makes you wonder what he was doing up in that tree. Was he pulling a George McFly? If so I would rescind my recommendation as Tiger's new golf coach.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Agree completely with all of this. There really hasn't been a whole lot of top level success with the one plane swing. Not that it doesn't help some golfers, even pros, but the two planer has no distant second when it comes to top level success. It's just too difficult to release naturally and keep the right should in position on a consistent basis. There are some who say Hogan was a one planer, but that just isn't correct.

In any event, Tiger's probably too stubborn to go back to Harmon. But any of the top two plane instructors would kill to get Tiger. They believe Tiger can rediscover his ball striking from earlier in his career by going back the swing he had before.
    I liked Tiger's swing at the 97 Masters.

It makes you wonder what he was doing up in that tree. Was he pulling a George McFly? If so I would rescind my recommendation as Tiger's new golf coach.
    He was like 10 or 11. Many boys of that age climbed trees. Maybe to see if the neighbor's teenage daughter or wife was out of her shower yet.

Every teaching pro and every good player incorporates most of Hogan's swing. In particular his strong POST move to his front leg AS he finishes the backswing. That changed everything in golf after Hogan.

If you don't learn anything else, learn to start your downswing with the strong hips turn toward the target.

Watch Hogan explain "the most important thing about the golf swing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_6M_xZvq0

This is exactly what Shawn Clement teaches in the Perpetual Motion drill, "plant-hit."

Very simple. If you don't start with hips--you will start with shoulders--and that is OTT.

Larry

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Every teaching pro and every good player incorporates most of Hogan's swing. In particular his strong POST move to his front leg AS he finishes the backswing. That changed everything in golf after Hogan.

If you don't learn anything else, learn to start your downswing with the strong hips turn toward the target.

This is exactly what Shawn Clement teaches in the Perpetual Motion drill, "plant-hit."

Very simple. If you don't start with hips--you will start with shoulders--and that is OTT.
    Tell you what, Larry:

Any time you're game, I'll demonstrate that you can swing off your back leg and hit shots that start a right and curve left (as a right-hander); IOW, not OTT.

For everyone I hit that isn't OTT, you pay me $20 and for every one I hit OTT, I'll pay you $50. We'll go until one of us cries, "Uncle".

You game?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Wow! Would I or anyone want to be in the same COUNTY with Alan Baker? I would want a Seal Team with me-- I know that guy is a NUTCASE and very likely dangerous! This is the guy who telephoned Manuel De La Torre's book publisher-- and who called Golf Labs to get them to NOT publish the results of their independent test of the Pivot for Power. Wow! This is not about golf-- it is about nutcases running around unrestrained.

Who wants to meet him in person?

Larry

Wow! Would I or anyone want to be in the same COUNTY with Alan Baker? I would want a Seal Team with me-- I know that guy is a NUTCASE and very likely dangerous! This is the guy who telephoned Manuel De La Torre's book publisher-- and who called Golf Labs to get them to NOT publish the results of their independent test of the Pivot for Power. Wow! This is not about golf-- it is about nutcases running around unrestrained.

Larry
    He looks pretty dangerous with that driver as seen on that brief YouTube clip. I'd probably chance a meet without a Team backup but he would have to give me some strokes. Do you know what his handicap is and what tees he plays from? And where he is located? I really like to walk but would probably need a caddie who knows his courses.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course

Larry
    While the tit for tat between the two of you is quite amusing and good for considerable entertainment, at the end of the day you're both stupid.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Wow! Would I or anyone want to be in the same COUNTY with Alan Baker? I would want a Seal Team with me-- I know that guy is a NUTCASE and very likely dangerous! This is the guy who telephoned Manuel De La Torre's book publisher
    Sorry, but I never did that.

-- and who called Golf Labs to get them to NOT publish the results of their independent test of the Pivot for Power.
    I never did that either.

Wow! This is not about golf-- it is about nutcases running around unrestrained.

Ordinary people -- people you know but who now want nothing to do with you.

But I guess this means you don't have the stones to accept the wager...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

AMEN!!!

Where's my Hogan thread . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Larry
    Larry, we all agree that it's important to post and start the downswing with the hips. This is not a revelation. We're talking about Hogan's entire swing and his method for completely eliminating a hook from his game. Most high handicapers slice the ball and some of it is because of OTT. Most of it is because their grip is too weak, the ball is too far forward in their stance and they are too open to the target line with the clubface open at address. I've seen this fixed in 5 minutes. You could not fix this with Hogan's book.

Larry
    Most people that play golf are fairly normal. Besides, all the crazy guys I've seen in movies are either bald or have very short hair. Alan clearly has a solid swing...he couldn't achieve that if he had women imprisoned down in a well in his basement. He'd have no time.

Most people that play golf are fairly normal. Besides, all the crazy guys I've seen in movies are either bald or have very short hair. Alan clearly has a solid swing...he couldn't achieve that if he had women imprisoned down in a well in his basement. He'd have no time.
    Imprisoning them is the best way to make sure they take up less of your time and is an efficient way of ensuring companionship is closeby and available when you want it and always ready until you do.

Larry, we all agree that it's important to post and start the downswing with the hips. This is not a revelation. We're talking about Hogan's entire swing and his method for completely eliminating a hook from his game. Most high handicapers slice the ball and some of it is because of OTT. Most of it is because their grip is too weak, the ball is too far forward in their stance and they are too open to the target line with the clubface open at address. I've seen this fixed in 5 minutes. You could not fix this with Hogan's book.
    Very cruel and insensitive since Larry has been working on it over 5 years and still hasn't fixed this.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I would think it would depend on how often he decides to feed and have sex with her.
    GR lives...

Game, set, match to famousdavis with this one. Absolutely correct what you are saying. Weak grips, bad ball position (usually way forward) and bad alignment cause more freaking slices than anything else. Only other thing I would add is a lot of slicers try to hit from the top and the lead shoulder will fly out because of it and puts them OTT.

Thread Information