|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Hey Sooner! What the Hail??

team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

That is so fake.

Gotta be some stupid viral ad... No hail hits the wood deck.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Both the cinematography and commentary were terrible. Hold the camera steady for crying out loud.
    GR lives...

I've only been through OK a couple of times but if I were there, I would have gotten by butt into the storm cellar 'cause there's usually a twister or two when it gets like that. Right, Sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I've only been through OK a couple of times but if I were there, I would have gotten by butt into the storm cellar 'cause there's usually a twister or two when it gets like that. Right, Sooner?
    Right, Mongrel. The last two weeks have been active weather weeks in our area. Last Monday, I watched a circulating tornado pass over our neighborhood. It never dropped a tornado, but the clouds sure looked wicked. Then, tonight, they blew the sirens in town again. Same scenario, saw lots of wicked clouds with circulation in them, but funnel never touched down.

My parents live 15 miles from me and went to the storm shelter tonight along with several cousins and a brother and their families. Whenever they finally left the shelter, they noticed that their automobiles (mostly pick-up trucks, this is Oklahoma after all) had all been dinted to smithereens by tennis ball size hail. It is good to have insurance in Oklahoma.

Oh, also, last Tuesday, a gustnado (a small tornado that leads at the front of a storm) hit our golf course. There was a path of limbs and broken trees that ran right through the middle of the course. They still don't have it all cleaned up, but it is playable.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Right, Mongrel. The last two weeks have been active weather weeks in our area. Last Monday, I watched a circulating tornado pass over our neighborhood. It never dropped a tornado, but the clouds sure looked wicked. Then, tonight, they blew the sirens in town again. Same scenario, saw lots of wicked clouds with circulation in them, but funnel never touched down.

My parents live 15 miles from me and went to the storm shelter tonight along with several cousins and a brother and their families. Whenever they finally left the shelter, they noticed that their automobiles (mostly pick-up trucks, this is Oklahoma after all) had all been dinted to smithereens by tennis ball size hail. It is good to have insurance in Oklahoma.
    So you think that video was real?

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    So you think that video was real?
    It was definitely real, Spank. The huge hail storm hit OKC on Sunday while I was out playing golf 40 miles south of there. We were never affected by the storm. There was a lot of damage brought by that storm in the OKC area though . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    It was definitely real, Spank. The huge hail storm hit OKC on Sunday while I was out playing golf 40 miles south of there. We were never affected by the storm. There was a lot of damage brought by that storm in the OKC area though . . . . .
    Damn... that is crazy.

That is some insane footage. Though, it would have been better if some drunk redneck ran around out there and got pelted on video.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Thread Information