|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Finally Happened But.....

So, today i'm at my local course playing nine holes, by myself, when i get to the 13th par three 154 metres (deep gully between the tee box and green). Last few weeks i have gone back to stack and tilt(for the third time!!!!) due to a back problem that kills me on the follow through with a normal swing. Hit it shorter with s&t but generally straighter, but last few rounds i've been pushing it a bit and not get any draw. Anyhow, the 13th is made for a draw and my 5 iron shot starts at the bunker on the right and draws back to the middle and im talking to it (come round baby!! you get the drift). As i bend down to pick up my tee i hear the flagstick rattle and think christ! it must be close. You guessed it - get to the green and the little white bastard is in the hole!!!!!!! So i start texting my regular golfing buddies that i just had a hole in one - 2 are happy as cause its my shout for the next month but the other one says nope, no one seen it so it doesn't count. I almost agree - i couldn't shout ,run around and carry on cause i was the only one there. What do you guys think?? Has this happened to anyone else??? I often wondered how it would feel because i often play alone due to work commitments.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

This has always been one of my great fears. I have never had a hole in one. I play a lot on my own in the evenings after work in the summer and I would hate to nail a hole in one with nobody around to witness or verify it. If/when it happens I would either want it to happen on a competitive Club day on Saturday or alternatively with my Dad and/or a group of my regular golfing buddies.

So congratulations on the one hand Rooboy but commiserations on the other.

Still, it must have been a great shot.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Definately counts. If your mates want to question your integrity you should slap them with your glove and challenge them to a duel to defend your honour.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I'm liking your style OP. I forgot to mention that left of the hole was out of bounds and an old fella and his missus were walking their dog along the track and when i pulled the ball out of the hole (and raised my arms) i heard him say to her- "**** he must have got it in!". The other plus is i have nearly convinced my missus i deserve something ( i'm thinking new irons,driver etc etc) but i think she's thinking her own hole in one!!
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

I'm a bit in agreement with Kiwi on this one. On one hand you know it went in the hole and that's all that really matters. But on the other hand it was a socail practice round so it doesn't carry the same weight or get the same level of recognition as an ace in a competition round would. Personally, I recognise it as an ace and, as a near 7,000 poster and number 2 on the all time list, validate it as an official GR hole in one. Congrats on the ace rooboy, you now have done at least one thing in life that I have yet to tick off my list.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

It counted emotionally, realistically and all...but if your club offers or penalizes you for an ace, it usually needs to be witnessed, and during a full round of play.

I was playing golf with my Chinese coworker who has a 2-yr assignment in Taiwan. We talked about hole-in-one and he said that having a hole-in-one in Taiwan is very expensive... You have to pay dinners not only to your golf partners on that day but also to other golf friends that you know and play regularly...
    This guy has improved so much , it's unbelievable... since moving to Taiwan (family is moving there next month) he plays every weekend and spend free time at a local driving ($6 and all you can practice) ... I used to give him 3 strokes/round now he can easily gives me 3 strokes/round... Shitttttttt, I am getting old

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    So, today i'm at my local course playing nine holes, by myself, when i get to the 13th par three 154 metres (deep gully between the tee box and green). Last few weeks i have gone back to stack and tilt(for the third time!!!!) due to a back problem that kills me on the follow through with a normal swing. Hit it shorter with s&t but generally straighter, but last few rounds i've been pushing it a bit and not get any draw. Anyhow, the 13th is made for a draw and my 5 iron shot starts at the bunker on the right and draws back to the middle and im talking to it (come round baby!! you get the drift). As i bend down to pick up my tee i hear the flagstick rattle and think christ! it must be close. You guessed it - get to the green and the little white bastard is in the hole!!!!!!! So i start texting my regular golfing buddies that i just had a hole in one - 2 are happy as cause its my shout for the next month but the other one says nope, no one seen it so it doesn't count. I almost agree - i couldn't shout ,run around and carry on cause i was the only one there. What do you guys think?? Has this happened to anyone else??? I often wondered how it would feel because i often play alone due to work commitments.
    Yes, it's a tough situation when no one is there to see your hole-in-one... Nevertheless, enjoy it, who cares if they don't believe you

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Congratulations. Screw anyone who might belittle your unwitnessed feat. You did it once, now you know what it feels like so you CAN do it again in public. My father had two aces in his amateur career, both in club tournaments. My son had one when he was 12 at the club in front of over 100 witnesses-- a foursome of old men playing off an adjacent tee who waited while my son and his 2 6th grade friends teed off and all the kids on the paddle tennis court who were watching the kids play the par 3. It was 155 yards and he hit his junior Taylormade driver. I've been playing since 1955 and never had one. WTF?????

Don't go there Mongrel. This topic has been covered before and there are plenty of long time golfers on GR who are yet to taste that elusive hole in one. Like many here I have played golf for 25 years and good golf for at least 15 and have never had one, depsite hearing about plenty of aces by choppers who bounce it to the green or deflect off trees etc. IThe golfing gods can be infuriating at times.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Congratulations! Enjoy it.

WAY TO GO i did the same thing last year was by myself for my first one after 46 years
    to a pic of it with my iphone in the hole now use it for wall paper
    again way to go now get another one

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Don't go there Mongrel. This topic has been covered before and there are plenty of long time golfers on GR who are yet to taste that elusive hole in one. Like many here I have played golf for 25 years and good golf for at least 15 and have never had one, depsite hearing about plenty of aces by choppers who bounce it to the green or deflect off trees etc. IThe golfing gods can be infuriating at times.
    Agreed. I witnessed a hole in one from a chopper last year. I'm still a virgin but have been all around the hole. Last year I rattled the stick twice, pulled a ball back past the hole twice - once you could see the ball turn as it caught the lip, and one time hit a 8i that checked and pulled back a bit and was 1" behind the hole in it's jaws. Last Thursday I rattled the pin again and came to rest 4 inches in front of the whole. Still waiting for mine.

So congrats! Take the hole in one any way the golf gods will give it up.

Congrats. When I got mine last year I had a couple playing with me who witnessed it so I was okay there. Best part about it was there wasn't harldy anybody there so buying all the people who wanted a drink in the clubhouse cost me about Ten bucks. Whew.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

It counts. And its not a half wedge either.

good on you mate.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Sorry, but it doesn't count. It is well known documented rule that everything has to be verified by video or camera on GR. We need to see another witness testifying to said hole-in-one before it counts.

I know that this is likely going to be disappointing to you, like it was disappointing to Edgey and Burndog that no one believed their ruse of actually having a GR golfing match because there was no video evidence, but I am sure you'll get over it.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

It doesn't count unless you saw it go in. You did not see it go in.

When I was 13-14 we would hide out and crawl out and put the ball in the hole on par 3's in Golden Gate Park... How do you know a teenager didn't crawl over and stick it in the hole when you weren't looking...

Never underestimate the eyesight and reflexes of three teenage boys, up to no good...

I void your hole in one.

spank
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by HackDaddy57
    WAY TO GO i did the same thing last year was by myself for my first one after 46 years
    to a pic of it with my iphone in the hole now use it for wall paper
    again way to go now get another one
    Funny that, i put the ball in the bag, washed it when i got home and wrote the date and hole number etc on it. Next step is to take a photo of it and if i can figure out how i was thinking it would be a good avatar. (not as good as dorkmans tho)
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    It doesn't count unless you saw it go in. You did not see it go in.

When I was 13-14 we would hide out and crawl out and put the ball in the hole on par 3's in Golden Gate Park... How do you know a teenager didn't crawl over and stick it in the hole when you weren't looking...

Never underestimate the eyesight and reflexes of three teenage boys, up to no good...

I void your hole in one.

spank
    Ummm- Left is a high fence (15 feet) out of bounds - teenagers to lazy to climb it. Right is the dam that waters the place - teenagers too lazy to swim it. Between the tee and green is a gully that is approx 50 - 60 feet deep - teenagers would take 3 days to climb it, and there was no one on the path that goes round the edge of the dam to get to the hole!
    But i get your point spank - i honestly didnt think at my age (40 plus) and having played for 20 odd years and never even coming close before that it would happen. Funny thing was a week before , i holed out from the fairway with a 6 iron from about 140metres doing exact same thing- trying to hit a push draw with stack and tilt. Its gotta be S&T. Where is Pingman when you need him????
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Sorry, but it doesn't count. It is well known documented rule that everything has to be verified by video or camera on GR. We need to see another witness testifying to said hole-in-one before it counts.

I know that this is likely going to be disappointing to you, like it was disappointing to Edgey and Burndog that no one believed their ruse of actually having a GR golfing match because there was no video evidence, but I am sure you'll get over it.
    Here's one of my aces.....I swear!......
    Name:  ace copy 05-08-07.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  56.1 KB
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Thread Information