|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

SKy Caddie Portable

A friend of mine is off to Canada on 3 month consultancy contract. Hopes to play a bit of golf whilst there particularly first month which he says will be relatively quiet work wise. A laptop has been provided to him, but he's not allowed to install any programs. CaddieSync is therefore a non starter. I've provided him with a copy of Skype portable which he has on USB removable disc so he can keep in contact with home. Does anyone know if CaddieSync portable exists ?? if so where can I download it ??

Get a RF... he will be much happier

Quote Originally Posted by majestic100
    A friend of mine is off to Canada on 3 month consultancy contract. Hopes to play a bit of golf whilst there particularly first month which he says will be relatively quiet work wise. A laptop has been provided to him, but he's not allowed to install any programs. CaddieSync is therefore a non starter. I've provided him with a copy of Skype portable which he has on USB removable disc so he can keep in contact with home. Does anyone know if CaddieSync portable exists ?? if so where can I download it ??
    I suggest he sell his Skycaddy on eBay while it still has some value--and buy a Golf Buddy. It works on any course anywhere in the world--no need to download the courses from a computer, join anything, or pay annual dues, etc. It just knows where you are when you step on #1 tee--and instantly reports the distances. No brainer. It should put Skycaddy out of business unless they match up.

Larry

Thanks for response. However, does not answer the question posed

Thanks for response. However, does not answer the question posed
    How about calling the company that makes the software? This is a golf forum not a computer/electronics forum.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    I suggest he sell his Skycaddy on eBay while it still has some value--and buy a Golf Buddy. It works on any course anywhere in the world--no need to download the courses from a computer, join anything, or pay annual dues, etc. It just knows where you are when you step on #1 tee--and instantly reports the distances. No brainer. It should put Skycaddy out of business unless they match up.
    Hey, Larry. Here's a thought for you:

Try reading the posts before answering..

But I guess the NPD wouldn't let you do that...
    Last edited by alangbaker; 05-21-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Get a Garmin G5 Approach.....a much better GPS then Sky Caddie and no subscription required.

The stalker is always lurking. He does this all day every day in a dozen forums. He doesn't work, didn't finish school, and likely is living on a few bucks every month from his mother. But right on schedule, when I post our resident nutcase pounces and posts another inane personal attack. Ho hum. Why doesn't he realize that his childish behavior is boring to adults? Doesn't he notice the embarrassed silences? Nobody wants to encourage him by replying....... We just hope he goes away.....

Larry

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    The stalker is always lurking. He does this all day every day in a dozen forums. He doesn't work, didn't finish school, and likely is living on a few bucks every month from his mother. But right on schedule, when I post our resident nutcase pounces and posts another inane personal attack. Ho hum. Why doesn't he realize that his childish behavior is boring to adults? Doesn't he notice the embarrassed silences? Nobody wants to encourage him by replying....... We just hope he goes away.....

Larry
    It goes both ways there genius.

Personally..........

I'm starting to wonder whether you're not both the same person.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

The stalker is always lurking.
    Translation: I'm always checking the groups in which I post for new messages and correcting at least the incredibly inane.

Don't blame me that that is you so very often.

He does this all day every day in a dozen forums.
    Translation: I post two three golf groups with some regularity; 4 if you count rec.sport.golf. But Larry wouldn't know how often I post in two of them: he's been banned.

He doesn't work, didn't finish school, and likely is living on a few bucks every month from his mother.
    Translation: Larry likes to drop down to personal insults when he's got nothing.

Hence the almost constant stream of personal insults.

But right on schedule, when I post our resident nutcase pounces and posts another inane personal attack.
    Did the original poster as for your opinion on the SkyCaddie as a whole, or was he just looking for some help in using it

Ho hum. Why doesn't he realize that his childish behavior is boring to adults? Doesn't he notice the embarrassed silences? Nobody wants to encourage him by replying....... We just hope he goes away.
    LOL
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    It goes both ways there genius.

Personally..........

I'm starting to wonder whether you're not both the same person.
    Sorry, Jeff, but it ain't so.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    Larry what I don't understand is that you have 996 posts and the resident nutcase Alangbaker only has 827 posts. Shouldn't these post counts be the same? Can you explain this mysterious 169 post discrepancy?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Regrettably, there is no portable version on Caddie Sync as far as I am aware. Has he tried contacing his employer and asking for permission to download it on to his laptop. They might be sympathetic. After all, is a very innocuous piece of software.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Larry what I don't understand is that you have 996 posts and the resident nutcase Alangbaker only has 827 posts. Shouldn't these post counts be the same? Can you explain this mysterious 169 post discrepancy?
    haha

I'm curious on that one too. Something is messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    haha

I'm curious on that one too. Something is messed up
    Who cares?

Only an unemployed, uneducated, loser like Alan has enought time and concern to bother with this trivia. Get a life?

Most of you are wasting FAR too much time here. Wow! Have you nothing else going in your lives? If you are intelligent and educated, I hope you want to differentiate yourselves from Alan-- who is neither. Apparently a school dropout, he is unemployed. So he sits in his underwear all day every day and posts to discussion groups and likely dozens of other places. Many days his first post is at 6AM and his last is after midnight!

I would be VERY ashamed to reveal to a bunch of nameless strangers that I had that much spare time-- that even if I were not gainfully employed running several businesses, that I was not reading several books and actively participating in local and national politics--instead of this. DO SOMETHING that will make a difference. Don't just sit there like AB.

Regarding comparison of number of posts here, each day I pop into only one or two forums, look at the last post in the single thread I am interested in, maybe post, then I bail out. I am gone (to work). AB is probably lurking in this and a dozen other forums simultaneously every day-- actively posting in a dozen threads in each....he has nothing else to do!!!

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 05-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Who cares?

Only an unemployed, uneducated, loser like Alan has enought time and concern to bother with this trivia. Get a life?

Most of you are wasting FAR too much time here. Wow! Have you nothing else going in your lives? If you are intelligent and educated, I hope you want to differentiate yourselves from Alan-- who is neither. Apparently a school dropout, he is unemployed. So he sits in his underwear all day every day and posts to discussion groups and likely dozens of other places. Many days his first post is at 6AM and his last is after midnight!

I would be VERY ashamed to reveal to a bunch of nameless strangers that I had that much spare time-- that even if I were not gainfully employed running several businesses, that I was not reading several books and actively participating in local and national politics--instead of this. DO SOMETHING that will make a difference. Don't just sit there like AB.

Regarding comparison of number of posts here, each day I pop into only one or two forums, look at the last post in the single thread I am interested in, maybe post, then I bail out. I am gone (to work). AB is probably lurking in this and a dozen other forums simultaneously every day-- actively posting in a dozen threads in each....he has nothing else to do!!!

Larry
    Some of your best work Larry. Keep it up. Thumbs up.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Who cares?

Larry
    I don't see that many posts from Alan on this forum. Don't you belong to a multitude of forums and post to them every day?

Who cares?

And yet, you post more than I do. Hmmmm...

Life must be so much simpler when you're a liar from beginning to end. Make up a handicap, make up a fictional life where you're a rich guy, but in reality suck at golf and try to sell Grand & Toy paper clips as "money clips"...

http://www.delmardata.com/dmd_products.htm

Yeah. Don't "sit here" like I do and support my clients, play golf, play hockey 3 or 4 times a week, teach skiing in the winter, sail at world championship regattas...

You really wouldn't want that, would you?

LOL

"To work" meaning to your basement office, Larry? The only addresses and phone numbers given for any of your "businesses" are the same as your home address, aren't they?

http://www.delmardata.com/contact.htm
    http://pivotforpower.com/golfinstructioncontact.htm
    Whitepages.com
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I don't see that many posts from Alan on this forum. Don't you belong to a multitude of forums and post to them every day?
    Only the ones that haven't banned him.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Tell your buddy to quit dicking around with computers on the golf course and just GOLF! Jiminy Christmas! This forum is turning into the Revenge of the Nerds lately!! What good is it to know the yardage whenever you are just going to duff or blade the shot anyway, you freaking hackers!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Most of you are wasting FAR too much time here. Wow! Get a life?

Have you nothing else going in your lives?

Larry
    Larry you are such an incredible a$$hole. Try doing a Larryrsf Google search sometime. You have posted your diatribe on virtually EVERY golf forum in the known universe. Most of us only post here on GR occasionally so telling us to get a life just shows that in addition to your many other wonderful character traits you are also an unbelievable hypocrite.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Larry you are such an incredible a$$hole. Try doing a Larryrsf Google search sometime. You have posted your diatribe on virtually EVERY golf forum in the known universe. Most of us only post here on GR occasionally so telling us to get a life just shows that in addition to your many other wonderful character traits you are also an unbelievable hypocrite.
    On top of this he is also not the gramatical guru he believes himself to be. It's not usually my place to be a grammar Nazi but for Larry I'll make an exception. I believe his "get a life" comment was a statement, not a question.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    And yet, you post more than I do. Hmmmm...

Life must be so much simpler when you're a liar from beginning to end. Make up a handicap, make up a fictional life where you're a rich guy, but in reality suck at golf and try to sell Grand & Toy paper clips as "money clips"...

http://www.delmardata.com/dmd_products.htm

Yeah. Don't "sit here" like I do and support my clients, play golf, play hockey 3 or 4 times a week, teach skiing in the winter, sail at world championship regattas...

You really wouldn't want that, would you?

LOL

"To work" meaning to your basement office, Larry? The only addresses and phone numbers given for any of your "businesses" are the same as your home address, aren't they?

http://www.delmardata.com/contact.htm
    http://pivotforpower.com/golfinstructioncontact.htm
    Whitepages.com
    This is one of the all time comeback posts I've seen.

This is one of the all time comeback posts I've seen.
    Comeback post? It's just standard Alangbaker/Larry fair.

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL, the math is very disturbing isn't it?

Alan, it's too easy to fall back on the Larry's a complete liar in any and every way possible card. Of course he is. But if Larry wasn't so completely full of s.hit, it wouldn't be as much fun around here.

And every now and then you get the blind dog finding a bone thing as I'm sitting around typing this in my underwear. But at least I have a good reason.
    GR lives...

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    just get a phuckin iphone & put golflogix on it. it kicks arse.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Comeback post? It's just standard Alangbaker/Larry fair.
    Not necessarily. This particular post was in response to something Larry said about Alan. Normally, Larry will post his nonsense that isn't directed at anyone and then Alan will decipher and pick it apart. I'm holding my ground on this one Kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    just get a phuckin iphone & put golflogix on it. it kicks arse.
    Good to hear you're happy with it. I've thought about doing this and then starting 10-20 GolfLogix/I-Phone threads.
    GR lives...

Larry
    I played with two guys that had just bought new GPS gadgets a few weeks ago. One had a Skycaddie, the other had the Golfbuddy. They were comparing yardages and the readings were wildly inconsistent. Relative to the course markers the Skycaddie seemed Ok but the Golfbuddy was hopelessly inaccurate, like 20-30 meters different.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I played with two guys that had just bought new GPS gadgets a few weeks ago. One had a Skycaddie, the other had the Golfbuddy. They were comparing yardages and the readings were wildly inconsistent. Relative to the course markers the Skycaddie seemed Ok but the Golfbuddy was hopelessly inaccurate, like 20-30 meters different.
    It's intentional. As a caddie, the Skycaddie's function is to provide accurate yardages. As a buddy, the Golfbuddy's function is to lie to you to get you to hit the wrong yardage and win the skin. It's all in the literature.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    It's intentional. As a caddie, the Skycaddie's function is to provide accurate yardages. As a buddy, the Golfbuddy's function is to lie to you to get you to hit the wrong yardage and win the skin. It's all in the literature.
    LOL- I'll point that out to him next time I see him. He was so crestfallen that his new toy is actually a useless POS, I almost took pity on him .... wait a minute ... what am I saying? No I didn't. I thought it was fukking hilarious!!!

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL- I'll point that out to him next time I see him. He was so crestfallen that his new toy is actually a useless POS, I almost took pity on him .... wait a minute ... what am I saying? No I didn't. I thought it was fukking hilarious!!!
    You may not find it so funny when OP hates his Pings.
    GR lives...

Not necessarily. This particular post was in response to something Larry said about Alan. Normally, Larry will post his nonsense that isn't directed at anyone and then Alan will decipher and pick it apart. I'm holding my ground on this one Kiwi.
    We seem to have been clashing on quite a few issues lately Famous, but none so serious as this one. Perhaps a poll is the only way to settle this?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    You may not find it so funny when OP hates his Pings.
    I'm guessing OP will like them.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    LOL, the math is very disturbing isn't it?

Alan, it's too easy to fall back on the Larry's a complete liar in any and every way possible card. Of course he is. But if Larry wasn't so completely full of s.hit, it wouldn't be as much fun around here.

And every now and then you get the blind dog finding a bone thing as I'm sitting around typing this in my underwear. But at least I have a good reason.
    To be fair, Alan has a tendency to respond to multiple posts all at once. This keeps the responses short and sweet while also keeping his post count down.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    To be fair, Alan has a tendency to respond to multiple posts all at once. This keeps the responses short and sweet while also keeping his post count down.
    It's all part of the service.

;)
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Thread Information