|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

True temper gs 75 and gs 95 shafts

I have played alot of iron shafts over the years rifles, rifle flighted, project x, old and new ones, dg s300 dg r300 sl r300 s300 nippons etc.. I got some mx 23s fitted with the gs 75 in s200 spined, pured, lightest steel shaft ever, I think they weighed 77 to 82 grams, that still feels like a dg. I always liked the distace with a regular flex, but I hit a nice draw with them, makin approach shots a struggle. I must say the gs shaft hits straight, or baby draws on command, and fades are now possible. The lighter shaft must be giving me more feedback on chips, cause I have had a nice improvement with touchy chips arround the greens. I am so impresed, I have gs 95s going in my mp 37 blades, should be done today. All I,m saying is as we get older, most of us lose a little distance, and these shafts pick up your clubhead speed quite a bit, and nothing beats the feel of steel, and these are as light as graphite shafts. A pga teaching pro buddy of mine, said try them, you will like them, he was right
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    I have played alot of iron shafts over the years rifles, rifle flighted, project x, old and new ones, dg s300 dg r300 sl r300 s300 nippons etc.. I got some mx 23s fitted with the gs 75 in s200 spined, pured, lightest steel shaft ever, I think they weighed 77 to 82 grams, that still feels like a dg. I always liked the distace with a regular flex, but I hit a nice draw with them, makin approach shots a struggle. I must say the gs shaft hits straight, or baby draws on command, and fades are now possible. The lighter shaft must be giving me more feedback on chips, cause I have had a nice improvement with touchy chips arround the greens. I am so impresed, I have gs 95s going in my mp 37 blades, should be done today. All I,m saying is as we get older, most of us lose a little distance, and these shafts pick up your clubhead speed quite a bit, and nothing beats the feel of steel, and these are as light as graphite shafts. A pga teaching pro buddy of mine, said try them, you will like them, he was right
    I agree. My iron play has improved considerably since I went to lightweight steel. I have had great success with TT TX 90. Better launch and feel with decent distance. The pings I have been using have ZZ lites in them. A little heavier than the TX90 but very smooth feeling.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I recently went from graphite to steel and the difference for me was amazing. Love the feel of steel shafts now. However, Im not a TT person. For some reason, the shafts just feel too much like rebar to me. I didnt try the GS95 though. But overall yes, the feel of the steel shaft is 2nd to none. BTW - I ended up having KBS Tour shafts put in my MX200 and MP52. I am probably going to have the 52s spined and flo'ed. Agree with everything you say really - just for me - sub out TT for KBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    I recently went from graphite to steel and the difference for me was amazing. Love the feel of steel shafts now. However, Im not a TT person. For some reason, the shafts just feel too much like rebar to me. I didnt try the GS95 though. But overall yes, the feel of the steel shaft is 2nd to none. BTW - I ended up having KBS Tour shafts put in my MX200 and MP52. I am probably going to have the 52s spined and flo'ed. Agree with everything you say really - just for me - sub out TT for KBS!
    I mentioned some kbs tours to him, and he said they feel similar to the dg shaft. I said well I like that in my r 300 shaft, just the s300 felt a little stiff. He says try the gs shaft. Way lighter than that kbs tour shaft, and way lighter than the kbs 90.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I agree. My iron play has improved considerably since I went to lightweight steel. I have had great success with TT TX 90. Better launch and feel with decent distance. The pings I have been using have ZZ lites in them. A little heavier than the TX90 but very smooth feeling.
    You know op I hit my buddys ping eye 2, 7 iron a few times on a par 3 felt pretty good actually

I've gone with lighter vs. heavier shafts in the past, and keep coming back to heavy. It helps me stay on tempo, and seems to work better if I'm hitting out of the rough.

Whatever works for you is what you should be doing, obviously.

I personally like taking a slower, more deliberate swing, which helps with my control. It's the same reason I use a Heavy Putter.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I mentioned some kbs tours to him, and he said they feel similar to the dg shaft. I said well I like that in my r 300 shaft, just the s300 felt a little stiff. He says try the gs shaft. Way lighter than that kbs tour shaft, and way lighter than the kbs 90.
    Gotcha. I have come to prefer a heavier feeling club. I have found that the lighter the shaft is - I tend to swing more upright and not on plane. Heavier shaft/head I stay on plane. Watched myself on video using a heavier vs lighter combo....
    Find what works for you and hit em straight!

You know op I hit my buddys ping eye 2, 7 iron a few times on a par 3 felt pretty good actually
    Yeah 12. (or should I call you Sandy)
    When i first hit them i was VERY surprised how good they felt. I thought a hard cast iron like that would have to feel at least a little harsh. It must be due to the shaft i'm thinkin.....

I haven't seen the gs range. Are they new?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I always prefer steel iron shaft but could not find 75-g shaft which is an equivalent wt of my graphite shaft. My GW has steel shaft and I hit it well... I played my friend's 5-iron steel shaft and learned that I lost about 15 yds. I think his is either 90 or 100g shaft, too heavy for me

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I've gone with lighter vs. heavier shafts in the past, and keep coming back to heavy. It helps me stay on tempo, and seems to work better if I'm hitting out of the rough.

Whatever works for you is what you should be doing, obviously.

I personally like taking a slower, more deliberate swing, which helps with my control. It's the same reason I use a Heavy Putter.
    I have not measured the swingweight d man.but the club feels lighter overall, but the swingweight feels more head heavy.

Yeah 12. (or should I call you Sandy)
    When i first hit them i was VERY surprised how good they felt. I thought a hard cast iron like that would have to feel at least a little harsh. It must be due to the shaft i'm thinkin.....

I haven't seen the gs range. Are they new?
    My hairs sandy blonde , except my chest hair which is gettin pretty gray. Freds gettin all hot now. When you pull up tru tempers website gs shafts are the latest rage. Actually I think they have been out a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I always prefer steel iron shaft but could not find 75-g shaft which is an equivalent wt of my graphite shaft. My GW has steel shaft and I hit it well... I played my friend's 5-iron steel shaft and learned that I lost about 15 yds. I think his is either 90 or 100g shaft, too heavy for me
    The gs 75 shaft by tru temper is the weight of graphite, with the feel of steel. The only problem is there not yet available in .355 taper tip only .370. I think the lightest shaft in my set was 75 or 76 grams and the longer irons were 85 or so. The regular flex could be lighter still. The gs 95 is available in both sizes.

My hairs sandy blonde , except my chest hair which is gettin pretty gray. Freds gettin all hot now. When you pull up tru tempers website gs shafts are the latest rage. Actually I think they have been out a year or two.
    From the description on the site they sound like chipper shafts. Light weight and 'responsive' tip to increase launch screams sod laying chopper if you ask me. Personally I'm with DM, I prefer heavier shafts and heavier overall weights so I can feel the clubhead and swing the club.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I haven't seen them in Aussieland. I noticed the 75's are only available in .370 parallel. That would require a hosel bore for many heads. I wonder how different the 95's would be to the tx 90's? I noticed the untrimmed weight for the 95's was over 100gms. As you can only really butt trim the tapers they are only really 20gms lighter than regular r300's. Standard rifles are 115 or less. NS pro gh950 are the genuine 95 grams.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    From the description on the site they sound like chipper shafts. Light weight and 'responsive' tip to increase launch screams sod laying chopper if you ask me. Personally I'm with DM, I prefer heavier shafts and heavier overall weights so I can feel the clubhead and swing the club.
    I guess I,m still on the honeymoon with them, though the first week was a definite different feel, I soon began to like them more and more. I used a 5 iron on a 190 yard par 3,and I hit it a little long. I,ve been using my 4 iron on some tight par 4s and 5s 220 ish. If I start breaking shafts I,m done though

My hairs sandy blonde , except my chest hair which is gettin pretty gray.
    So...are you male or female?.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    So...are you male or female?.......
    I may be playin light shafts lately, but I,m not light in the loafers. This is the internet though you can be whatever you want. I usually hit at least one 300 hundred yard drive per round, sometimes more, and I,ve been told I look alot like John Daly.

I haven't seen them in Aussieland. I noticed the 75's are only available in .370 parallel. That would require a hosel bore for many heads. I wonder how different the 95's would be to the tx 90's? I noticed the untrimmed weight for the 95's was over 100gms. As you can only really butt trim the tapers they are only really 20gms lighter than regular r300's. Standard rifles are 115 or less. NS pro gh950 are the genuine 95 grams.
    You know I,ve seen the tx 90s pretty reasonable, You,ve tried them op? thats a tru temper? I havent tried them,yet

Your experience with the Ping Eye 2 7 iron is not uncommon. One must procure a ping to understand the gifts it will bestow.

You know I,ve seen the tx 90s pretty reasonable, You,ve tried them op? thats a tru temper? I havent tried them,yet
    Yes they are a True Temper shaft. I played them in a set of becu heads for 2 or 3 months before I recently went to the pings. They are a very good shaft. Higher launching as you would expect; but very accurate with a smooth feel. I would recommend them and say that they are great value for money.

Thread Information