|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

My Garrigus moment

Hi

I won my clubs June Medal off the tips last weekend (the tips are only used in Medal play once per year) with a 77 gross 67 net. Going into the last 4 holes i was only 2 over par gross when the Garrigus effect began to take over.

15th

SI 1 Always a bogey hole and sure enought made a bogey

16th

Long par 3 into the wind, pulled it left chipped on missed 8 footer for par

17th

Short par 4, made par

18th

Long par 5. Good tee shot, good second left me 100 yards in. Simple Lovett wedge, pulled left into trap. Missed 10 footer for par.

Turned a 65 into a 67

It isnt often i hit a net 67 and feel like i have fell apart like a cheap chinese watch and thrown away a great score. I felt sorry for Garrigus because i was aware of where i stood on the 18th and really felt the nerves on that last wedge.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Great job Edgey... did you play POS Cally 2002 or your new toy Mizuno

That's a great tournament round but it is not a Garrigus unless your knickers were soaked with what would appear from a distance to be liquid human sewage.

So I was banging this super model the other night, but I felt kind of bad because she only had 2 orgasms.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    So I was banging this super model the other night, but I felt kind of bad because she only had 2 orgasms.
    Try turning your wrist over a little more on the follow through while giving her the shocker . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Great job Edgey... did you play POS Cally 2002 or your new toy Mizuno
    Neither, i used a set of Taylor Made Superlaunch Burner with Reg Graphite

and a Thriver

and a Lovett Wedge

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I get it, you think i am a BS

I only ever post the truth here, i am registered at howdidido.co.uk and the full tournament result is on it with a hole by hole breakdown.

Sorry to burst your cynical bubble but i aint no Liarry.

If you want PM me and i will give you my full name, you can log in, check and then apologise anytime, sweetheart.

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey

I only ever post the truth here, i am registered at howdidido.co.uk and the full tournament result is on it with a hole by hole breakdown.

If you want PM me and i will give you my full name, you can log in, check and then apologise anytime, sweetheart.

Edgey
    You don't get it, but truth be told, I could have been clearer.

I was showing an example of guy who likes to brag without sounding like he is bragging...so that he can get a pat on the back.

Another example: I felt short off the tee today. I was hitting my drives 310 yrds, and this guy was still 20 yrds ahead of me. or Like when the hottest girl around talks about how she thinks she looks bad today, just to get suckers to chime in about "you're crazy, you look hot."

The point is you don't have to tiptoe around things on GR. I would have been better if you started a thread about how you dominated fckers because your clubs were better than everyone elses...etc.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

You don't get it, but truth be told, I could have been clearer.

I was showing an example of guy who likes to brag without sounding like he is bragging...so that he can get a pat on the back.

Another example: I felt short off the tee today. I was hitting my drives 310 yrds, and this guy was still 20 yrds ahead of me. or Like when the hottest girl around talks about how she thinks she looks bad today, just to get suckers to chime in about "you're crazy, you look hot."

The point is you don't have to tiptoe around things on GR. I would have been better if you started a thread about how you dominated fckers because your clubs were better than everyone elses...etc.
    Thanks

You misunderstand, i dont post my scores to brag, either overtly or covertly. I post only to explain i understand how Garrigus felt. I couldnt have understood how he felt if i wasnt in real contention to win could i.

Perhaps you have become so cynical and jaded by your time here that you cant accept a post for what it is, without side or hidden meaning.

If i wanted a pat on the back GR is the last place i would post, i assumed you would know that.

Edgey

Edgey
    The English have no sense of humor since that goaltending gaffe. Geez...
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Thanks

You misunderstand, i dont post my scores to brag, either overtly or covertly. I post only to explain i understand how Garrigus felt. I couldnt have understood how he felt if i wasnt in real contention to win could i.

Perhaps you have become so cynical and jaded by your time here that you cant accept a post for what it is, without side or hidden meaning.

If i wanted a pat on the back GR is the last place i would post, i assumed you would know that.

Edgey

Hell, why not, Edgey? Who gives a shite? If you're proud of them, brag about them. If somebody doesn't like it, then they can get screwed in the arse.

Just saying . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Man, this place should just be re-named "Drama Queen Central".

Two is a good number. If for some strange reason you wanted her to get to double digits, I might suggest ice chips and a mental picture of grandma. But then she might be too sore the next time you call her, so why do it?
    GR lives...

Hi

You are all of course correct and i thank GR for clearing this up for me.

I shot a 67 with graphite shafted shovels, thriver, Lovett Wedge and yellow golf balls. This of course means i am better than all of you sod laying choppers.

F UCK YOU VERY MUCH

Edgey

Hi

You are all of course correct and i thank GR for clearing this up for me.

I shot a 67 with graphite shafted shovels, thriver, Lovett Wedge and yellow golf balls. This of course means i am better than all of you sod laying choppers.

F UCK YOU VERY MUCH

Edgey
    That's really great, Edgey. Even though noone believes you - congratulations!
    GR lives...

Well done Edgey: gss,thriver, lovett wege i could live with but yellow balls??????
    Btw, what are the pros and cons so far on the superlaunches?
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

HI,

edgey good score, did you also use those iron headcovers too...kudos if you did lol

big dog

Congrats on winning the medal Edgey,

As a fellow traditional golfer from a part of the world where competition rounds are a regular thing, I appreciate what a achievement winning the A grade monthly medal is (stroke round from the tips). I haven't won the monthly medal in A grade for about 5 years, although I did make a playoff about a year ago but had a shocker the next medal round.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    HI,

edgey good score, did you also use those iron headcovers too...kudos if you did lol

big dog
    Full zipped headcovers

How are you, long time no speak

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Congrats on winning the medal Edgey,

As a fellow traditional golfer from a part of the world where competition rounds are a regular thing, I appreciate what a achievement winning the A grade monthly medal is (stroke round from the tips). I haven't won the monthly medal in A grade for about 5 years, although I did make a playoff about a year ago but had a shocker the next medal round.
    Thanks NAH

I dont think our colonial cousins understand the concept of a Monthly Medal and how hard they are off the tips with a CONGU handicap.

Edgey

PS I did it playing the new Srixon Z Star Yellow - Great ball
    Last edited by edgey; 06-19-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Well done Edgey: gss,thriver, lovett wege i could live with but yellow balls??????
    Btw, what are the pros and cons so far on the superlaunches?
    Hi

Superlaunch Pros - Very high flight, very forgiving (equal to my BB 2002), very light and very long.

Cons - Dont like the SW,

Edgey

Thanks NAH

I dont think our colonial cousins understand the concept of a Monthly Medal and how hard they are off the tips with a CONGU handicap.

Edgey

PS I did it playing the new Srixon Z Star Yellow - Great ball
    We have adopted the American style handicaps here so my cap is actually lower than it would otherwise be, so any nett score under par for me is an achievement.

I'm still waiting on the yellow balls to get here. I'll be stocking up when they get here. I'm still gaming the white Z Stars, although I have found the Wilson FG Tour ball to be an excellent ball also. I like to have both in the bag so I can interchange if I'm not playing well with the Z Stars.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

We have adopted the American style handicaps here so my cap is actually lower than it would otherwise be, so any nett score under par for me is an achievement.

I'm still waiting on the yellow balls to get here. I'll be stocking up when they get here. I'm still gaming the white Z Stars, although I have found the Wilson FG Tour ball to be an excellent ball also. I like to have both in the bag so I can interchange if I'm not playing well with the Z Stars.
    Sounds like the British system favors guys with higher handicaps. It doesn't seem to account for potential and probably lends itself to more sandbaggers.

Sounds like the British system favors guys with higher handicaps. It doesn't seem to account for potential and probably lends itself to more sandbaggers.
    I would say that the CONGU system means that anyone off a low handicap is a genuine low handicapper, vanity caps are rare.

Edgey

I would say that the CONGU system means that anyone off a low handicap is a genuine low handicapper, vanity caps are rare.

Edgey
    It depends on the club and what they do to guys who don't put their cards in. I've played at clubs where there are guys who are off low caps becasue they only put in good cards, and either pull out mid round or just don't put their cards in when they don't shoot well, and the club doesn't give them back shots. The new American system isdefinitely more tempting t sandbaggers as it is now easy to get multiple shots back in the space of 20 cards. Under te old system 20 crap rounds would only give yu 0.1 back for each round, so a maximum of 2 shots back. Under the new system it's conceiveable to get as many shots back as you want in 20 rounds.

It depends on the club and what they do to guys who don't put their cards in. I've played at clubs where there are guys who are off low caps becasue they only put in good cards, and either pull out mid round or just don't put their cards in when they don't shoot well, and the club doesn't give them back shots. The new American system isdefinitely more tempting t sandbaggers as it is now easy to get multiple shots back in the space of 20 cards. Under te old system 20 crap rounds would only give yu 0.1 back for each round, so a maximum of 2 shots back. Under the new system it's conceiveable to get as many shots back as you want in 20 rounds.
    N.A.H - i went out 4 strokes when the new system was introduced cause i'm so bloody inconsistent. I never really kept track of my scores but i have a difference of 24 strokes between good and bad scores!!!! The only thing i don't like about the new system is it doesnt take into consideration conditions and scores on the day. Down here in Tas, there is a big difference between summer and winter conditions and lately there have been a few guys who have done well in the sat comp but not shot near their h'cap, only to go out a storke or two.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    N.A.H - i went out 4 strokes when the new system was introduced cause i'm so bloody inconsistent. I never really kept track of my scores but i have a difference of 24 strokes between good and bad scores!!!! The only thing i don't like about the new system is it doesnt take into consideration conditions and scores on the day. Down here in Tas, there is a big difference between summer and winter conditions and lately there have been a few guys who have done well in the sat comp but not shot near their h'cap, only to go out a storke or two.
    I had 35 points in the Saturday comp 3 weeks ago and actually came in a shot. It really is a week to week proposition with this new system.

Seriously edgey, just go ahead and brag about your round next time.
    Like this for example...
    I had my 2-man team match on Friday, format is match play with one best ball. We won 4 and 2 to advance to the semi-finals. I played very well (73 with 3 birdies, 4 bogeys) and my partner who is a 14 cap shot an 83. It was downright funny to listen the excuses and blame game coming from our opponents when the holes started running out.
    Biggest b!tchmove...
    I've got about a 10 footer for par on our toughest hole (number 13) and I'm giving strokes to both of my opponents. I say to my partner, "About 2 cups left to right and fast, right?" My opponent says, "That's actually right to left." I made the putt and ripped him for poor sportsmanship.
    Afterwards I overhear this dude telling someone else in the locker room how they should have won the match and how they repeatedly let us off the hook. Being a sore loser is a b!tchmove.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

If I had anything to brag about, I would definitely do it.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Seriously edgey, just go ahead and brag about your round next time.
    Like this for example...
    I had my 2-man team match on Friday, format is match play with one best ball. We won 4 and 2 to advance to the semi-finals. I played very well (73 with 3 birdies, 4 bogeys) and my partner who is a 14 cap shot an 83. It was downright funny to listen the excuses and blame game coming from our opponents when the holes started running out.
    Biggest b!tchmove...
    I've got about a 10 footer for par on our toughest hole (number 13) and I'm giving strokes to both of my opponents. I say to my partner, "About 2 cups left to right and fast, right?" My opponent says, "That's actually right to left." I made the putt and ripped him for poor sportsmanship.
    Afterwards I overhear this dude telling someone else in the locker room how they should have won the match and how they repeatedly let us off the hook. Being a sore loser is a b!tchmove.
    GR has spoken and i have listened.

Edgey

Thread Information