|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Golf Vision New Product - Real Time Preview of Putt & Slope

Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of a new product called the Golf Vision Green Analyzer.
    If possible, I'd like to get some feedback about our soon to be released application.

Green Vision gives you a real time preview of your putt. It analyzes the break of the green and shows you the roll of the ball. It will also show you exactly where to aim.
    Since it's technically illegal to use on the course, it's designed to be a training aid that will teach you how to properly visualize the break and the roll of the ball.

I've included an image below.

Any feedback is appreciated, positive and negative.

You can visit the website at http://www.igolfvision.com

Last edited by igolfvision; 07-05-2010 at 03:38 PM.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Although the application looks interesting, professional courtesy dictates that you contact the administrators of a site concerning their advertising policy before registering and posting with the sole intent of advertising a for profit venture.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    Although the application looks interesting, professional courtesy dictates that you contact the administrators of a site concerning their advertising policy before registering and posting with the sole intent of advertising a for profit venture.
    I'm sorry, you are right.

However, I'm not trying to advertise. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what golfers think.

If you deem my post inappropriate please delete.

Thanks

Sounds dumb.

Not only that, it sounds impossible for a smart phone to do what you advertise.

Even if it wasn't impossible, it wouldn't be accurate.Who needs a god damn cell phone to tell them where to aim their putt?

Have a fantastic day.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Sounds dumb.

Not only that, it sounds impossible for a smart phone to do what you advertise.

Even if it wasn't impossible, it wouldn't be accurate.Who needs a god damn cell phone to tell them where to aim their putt?

Have a fantastic day.
    I appreciate your concern. We've spent a good teal of time assuring the app is accurate.
    The app works by utilizing the accelerometer in the iPhone. You are required to place the app on the ground at the ball, at the hole, and any point in between you feel it is appropriate. The app will acquire accurate slope information and our formula will calculate the correct roll of the ball and the offset.

Our concept is based on the devices that the pro's and caddies use to determine the slope of the green. They use electronic "level" devices which tell them the exact degree change in elevation. Our application takes this concept one step further by computing the trajectory of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by igolfvision
    Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of a new product called the Golf Vision Green Analyzer.
    If possible, I'd like to get some feedback about our soon to be released application.

Green Vision gives you a real time preview of your putt. It analyzes the break of the green and shows you the roll of the ball. It will also show you exactly where to aim.
    Since it's technically illegal to use on the course, it's designed to be a training aid that will teach you how to properly visualize the break and the roll of the ball.

I've included an image below.

Any feedback is appreciated, positive and negative.

You can visit the website at http://www.igolfvision.com

Since it's illegal on the course I don't see why you would need it to practice. All you have to do on the practice putting green is take a ball out of your pocket and roll it toward the hole and you'll see the break.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Since it's illegal on the course I don't see why you would need it to practice. All you have to do on the practice putting green is take a ball out of your pocket and roll it toward the hole and you'll see the break.
    Well, it really helps to "visualize" the slope while you are aiming. Once you putt the ball you lose track of why you thought the green broke the wrong way.

For example, that's why "illegal" devices such as the EZ Read are so helpful. It one best new golf product of 2007.
    http://www.eez-read.com/

Having said that...what do you think would be helpful in a golf application?

Thanks

I have done as good or better a job for years using the reliable plumb-bob method and will put it up against any electronic gizmo for pink slips.

Once you putt the ball you lose track of why you thought the green broke the wrong way.

Thanks

Jesus Christ. I always knew I had the brain of a god damn gold fish.

If I have to lay my phone all over the putting green, why wouldn't I just buy an actual level, and then just mathematically calculate, within 1mm, exactly were I'm suppose to aim my putt?

If it uses the accelerometer to read break while it's on the ground, how does it compensate for another break closer to the hole?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Jesus Christ. I always knew I had the brain of a god damn gold fish.

If I have to lay my phone all over the putting green, why wouldn't I just buy an actual level, and then just mathematically calculate, within 1mm, exactly were I'm suppose to aim my putt?
    If you have an accurate formula and the time for each putt that's not a bad way to do it.
    But, we found that acquiring the proper formula for different speed greens is a lengthy process.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    If it uses the accelerometer to read break while it's on the ground, how does it compensate for another break closer to the hole?
    You are required, at a minimum, to record the break at the ball and at the hole. The application places more emphasis on the break at the hole since the ball will be rolling at a slower speed.

You are required, at a minimum, to record the break at the ball and at the hole. The application places more emphasis on the break at the hole since the ball will be rolling at a slower speed.
    Do you slide the phone across the grass to measure the stimp? How do you account for grain? What do you use for distance? The GPS? Not very accurate for calculating short distances. If your serious about trying to sell this device give me, or another member, the app to test it and report back on how well it works. Otherwise get lost.

BTW - your web site sucks arse. It tells me nothing of how the app works and looks like a 12 year old put it together. It leads me to believe that the app sucks arse as well...

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Do you slide the phone across the grass to measure the stimp? How do you account for grain? What do you use for distance? The GPS? Not very accurate for calculating short distances. If your serious about trying to sell this device give me, or another member, the app to test it and report back on how well it works. Otherwise get lost.

BTW - your web site sucks arse. It tells me nothing of how the app works and looks like a 12 year old put it together. It leads me to believe that the app sucks arse as well...
    This is a very rude, childish, and unprofessional comment. I'm hoping the administrators place bans on this sort of immature behavior.

Yes, we are looking for beta testers. If interested, please email:
    mail@igolfvision.com

Thanks

Looks like another piece of gear that golf nerds will use to add more time to their 5+ hour rounds.
    You aren't going to find many moderators here. If there were any, they would have banned you for shilling your product without paying for ad space.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Looks like another piece of gear that golf nerds will use to add more time to their 5+ hour rounds.
    You aren't going to find many moderators here. If there were any, they would have banned you for shilling your product without paying for ad space.
    Kind of funny that a spamming POS has the attitude to call me rude.

This is a very rude, childish, and unprofessional comment. I'm hoping the administrators place bans on this sort of immature behavior.

Yes, we are looking for beta testers. If interested, please email:
    mail@igolfvision.com

Thanks
    Which part is rude? You come here looking for comments and I gave you mine. Take it or leave it. Since I don't make any money posting on a forum I don't find your "unprofessional" comment accurate. Chances are you're link will be removed before I get banned.

Are you sure you want me to beta test your product? From the way you've responded it looks like you don't want or care for someone to be honest with you. You just want someone to nod in approval of your cool idea. Good luck in business but remember some of your biggest critics can teach you the most about your products if you are willing to listen.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

"Looking for beta testers". Right oh. I'll just give you my credit card and authorization number and then I can be a tester. Just like Warrier clubs that spammed golfers maybe 10 years ago with an offer of "free clubs for qualified testers." Called the 1-800 number and the dude (this is pre-India-call-center-itis) said he'd send them right out UPS but I had to give my credit card and authorization number "to protect the company's investment in the clubs". When Dave Stockton endorses this product, I promise I'll watch the entire infomercial.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    "Looking for beta testers". Right oh. I'll just give you my credit card and authorization number and then I can be a tester. Just like Warrier clubs that spammed golfers maybe 10 years ago with an offer of "free clubs for qualified testers." Called the 1-800 number and the dude (this is pre-India-call-center-itis) said he'd send them right out UPS but I had to give my credit card and authorization number "to protect the company's investment in the clubs". When Dave Stockton endorses this product, I promise I'll watch the entire infomercial.
    Yes, we are looking for beta testers. It's 100% free.
    But, you do have to have an iphone or iPod.

We will email you the app when it's ready for testing.
    To put it on the device you simply add the file into iTunes.

Oh, great, another toy for high handicappers to slow up everybody's game play with . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Yes, we are looking for beta testers. It's 100% free.
    But, you do have to have an iphone or iPod.

We will email you the app when it's ready for testing.
    To put it on the device you simply add the file into iTunes.
    I've hit tens of thousands of putts in my 55 years of playing the game and, after the first 10 years, I knew every time why the putt missed. Don't need that crap and don't have an ipod or an iphone under the law of the land that evolved millions of years ago when the first multiple-cell creature oozed onto dry land-- that which keeps its head down gets eaten. Now if you develope software that will plug into one of those fancy phones that will give me a graphic representation of chips, pitches, short irons, long irons and drives with that Trackman type of display with all the parameters--clubhead speed, ball speed, spin, direction of spin, launch angle, angle of attack, apex, distance to apex, angle of descent, carry and roll, then I will marvel at your ingenuity and help you promote the thing until I stroke my last putt--unaided by any software crap.

If you have an accurate formula and the time for each putt that's not a bad way to do it.
    But, we found that acquiring the proper formula for different speed greens is a lengthy process.
    So, tell me, how does your fancy machine account for different speed greens? Does it measure the length, type, and moisture level of each blade of grass, as well as take into account any improfections in the green that can make the ball lose speed?

How does an I pod use this app? I didn't know I pods could have "apps", let alone have an "accelerometer".

OMFG!!! I'm Blind!!! Someone please create an iPhone app to help me determine the slope of the ground I'm standing on?

iDoNotWant

They're going to have to invent the iKnowEverything app before you can get this green reading app right.

Nice to know you're thinking of us golfers in regards to your merchandise though. Might wanna try selling it to a more gullible market. Sure... we buy the latest, greatest clubs every year, but that doesn't mean we're suckers!

Now go pay for your advertising like everyone else. You could purchase an ad to co-advertise with the highly successful and equally proven R-U-Late training aid. That's a bandwagon only an idiot wouldn't jump on. Act now and get a free money clip! A $15 value, yours free! Order in the next 15 mins and we'll double the offer! That's right, two money clips, a useless training aid, and an app that doesn't work for only twice the price! What a bargain! You can't afford to wait, call us now before supplies run out! This is a once in a lifetime offer!

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    The accelerometer reads the first break while the slopenator 3.1 reads any future breaks. The grass identifier will provide grain direction and species while the pulse optimizer will tell you how hard to hit the putt. After missing the putt you can take a photo and be the life of the party at the next mixer.

What a piece of crap concept.....actually TWO concepts...the first one being that some guy PRETENDS he's not spamming by asking for "pretend advice" then correcting everyone he gets advice from.

If you were truly concerned about the game and peoples input, you would have been a member here digging for input in the embryonic days...not afterwards.

So, now that we concluded you are a liar, lets look at your product.

So tell me, how does your product take into account the daily, if not hourly differential of the stemp reading? How does your product read the grain of the green as it fluctuates during the day as sun rises and sets? how does it determine the moisture and wind that affect the results of a putt?

How does it determine the swing speed of the player who may take/reduce a break by hitting harder or those who hit softer and may require a larger break?

You and the product are a joke.

Thread Information