|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I have a golf question that involves hitting the ball farther or how to?

I have recently found a good groove with my driver by slowing down my lower body this allows a better transition and times the squaring of the face for straight drives. But I want more power sometimes when I add more speed with my lower body I get toe hooks how can I add more arm speed in combination with more lower body speed to effectively time the sequence correctly for more power without a toe hook? For the record this has nothing to with setup ball position aim path just lower body and arms timing them when speeding it up?

--------------------

[QUOTE=Golffrontiers]I have recently found a good groove with my driver by slowing down my lower body this allows a better transition and times the squaring of the face for straight drives. But I want more power sometimes when I add more speed with my lower body I get toe hooks how can I add more arm speed in combination with more lower body speed to effectively time the sequence correctly for more power without a toe hook? For the record this has nothing to with setup ball position aim path just lower body and arms timing them when speeding it up?

--------------------

Stop spamming the sig and perhaps someone will help you figure out how to do that...

Without accidentally the whole thing.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Swing the club harder.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

If you'll jack-off before a round, you'll hold on to your backswing longer and build up torque for the follow through equating to more power at contact.

Wait a minute, . . . . . . . . . . . I'm getting that confused with jacking-off before going on a date . . . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    If you'll jack-off before a round, you'll hold on to your backswing longer and build up torque for the follow through equating to more power at contact.

Wait a minute, . . . . . . . . . . . I'm getting that confused with jacking-off before going on a date . . . . . . . .
    How long you been married Sooner? I'm impressed you can still remember these important pre shot ... er I mean ... pre date routines.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Golffrontiers
    I have recently found a good groove with my driver by slowing down my lower body this allows a better transition and times the squaring of the face for straight drives. But I want more power sometimes when I add more speed with my lower body I get toe hooks how can I add more arm speed in combination with more lower body speed to effectively time the sequence correctly for more power without a toe hook? For the record this has nothing to with setup ball position aim path just lower body and arms timing them when speeding it up?

--------------------
    A couple of simple things might work. Put a couple of grams of lead tape on the back of your driver head behind the toe. This will tend to keep the face open enough for you to really power through with a squarer face. Or, reshaft with a stiffer tip shaft. I just installed a tip-stiff V2 shaft in one of my Tit drivers that had a tip-soft stiff flex shaft. Now I can wail at it and no snap hooks. Or, simple grip the club with the face open a couple of degrees and go for it. I assume you are playing a driver with a square or slightly closed face, so opening it could be the ticket to those extra yards. Or, incorporate in your driver tee shot pre-shot routine, two big lines of the best coke you can find and wait 20 seconds and then nail it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    How long you been married Sooner? I'm impressed you can still remember these important pre shot ... er I mean ... pre date routines.
    I am in my 25th year of marriage currently. BUT, I did watch, "Something About Mary" last week. Beware of men with too much hair gel on their hair.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Golffrontiers

--------------------
    There is a 100% relationship of age with distance. Even the older pros suffer from lack of distance even though most of them have a "perfect" swing movement--and have been playing since they were kids. Ergo, there isn't much you can do about achieving more clubhead speed.

You can maximize your driving distance by hitting it straight and by hitting the ball on the sweet spot of your driver head (which is near the top). Avoid side or underspin and work to achieve a lower trajectory. When hitting it downwind, hit it higher (tee it higher) and when hitting it against the wind hit it lower. Notice where the fairway grass is shorter or sloping downhill and hit it there to get more rollout. Miss the trees!

Larry

I take it Laurie that your suggestion of keeping a lower trajectory is because you like to let it run out. Unless I am mistaken, the so called experts say that the longer it stays in the air the farther it goes. How far do the long drive competitors hit it in the air with their Whippy Tempo Master shafts? Most of them don't hit worm burners to get their distance do they. In the air generally translates to longer drives unless the fairway is dry and harder than hell.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    There is a 100% relationship of age with distance. Even the older pros suffer from lack of distance even though most of them have a "perfect" swing movement--and have been playing since they were kids. Ergo, there isn't much you can do about achieving more clubhead speed.

You can maximize your driving distance by hitting it straight and by hitting the ball on the sweet spot of your driver head (which is near the top). Avoid side or underspin and work to achieve a lower trajectory. When hitting it downwind, hit it higher (tee it higher) and when hitting it against the wind hit it lower. Notice where the fairway grass is shorter or sloping downhill and hit it there to get more rollout. Miss the trees!
    Larry
    Larry,

This sounds like good advice when playing video games, but in the real world you don't always have such precise control of where you hit the ball. But I guess nobody will be surprised that you are giving advice about playing golf in fantasy land.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Tee the ball till its leaning forward, right at the point of falling off, you,ll get some extra distance off the tee.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf

Larry
    This is truly revolutionary. I can't believe I've been playing golf this long and didn't realize I should try to hit the fairway.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    This is truly revolutionary. I can't believe I've been playing golf this long and didn't realize I should try to hit the fairway.
    Larry is truly a man ahead of his time, the hitting it in the sweetspot advice was also eye opening. Next thing he will be telling us that you need to increase your clubhead speed to hit the ball further.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Larry is truly a man ahead of his time, the hitting it in the sweetspot advice was also eye opening. Next thing he will be telling us that you need to increase your clubhead speed to hit the ball further.
    I like the part about noticing where the fairway grass is shorter. From now on I'm going to walk the entire course prior to teeing off. I'll bring a ruler with me and try to find spots in the fairway where the grass was cut shorter. I guess it's kind of an unspoken rule with greenskeepers to cut the fairway shorter in certain spots. They all get together and laugh about it at the annual greenskeepers convention in Vegas.

Thread Information