|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Get in the hole - oh please no

It is so nice this week watching the open from St Andrews - Especially when you have no spectators shouting - GET IN THE HOLE, as we are true golfing fans.

Even at the Masters this year, some fans were shouting out - get in the hole - as soon as a player hit his tee shot. On the USPGA Tour fans seem to be shouting this out it seems on every tee, even more ridiculously when players are teeing off on par - 5 holes.

When are they going to ban these idiots???? It puts me off watching golf from the US.

Imagine what would happen if Tennis fans started shouting out while players were serving at Wimbledon.

This is another reason why our Open Championship is so special and great to watch.

Would anybody give me there views on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by vgolfv

You are absolutely correct. 99% of Yanks are loudmouths and morons.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I met a few kiwis last year. I will not go into great detail, but if they were any type of random sample I'd say they are not far behind the US

Call me a drunk yank, but some of my favorite championship golf is at the end of a US Open (usually in the Northeast) when the crowd is completely hammered. Players with their career on the lines have to literally shove drunk patrons out of the way to line up a shot. That makes me happy... adds pressure and adds to the classic meltdowns we've seen. We cheer for the meltdowns over here... why do you think Greg Norman could only win The Open and nothing over here? The drunk in your face stupid crowd... now the yank crowds are even more drunk and annoying than ever... good. If these guys are so good, they need more obstacles.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I think a little research would indicate it's specifically fans from New York that are to blame. Although it isn't really their fault. 99% of New Yorkers suffer from a tragic brain disease that produces incredible social disfunction and an inability to say anything appropriate or coherent. It's like a combination of lead poisoning, gastroenteritis, bi-polar disorder and Tourette's. It also leads to pants crapping and wiping one's nose on one's sleeve.

So as grating as it may be, try to understand they're helpless to control it. It also partly explains why they don't bathe or brush their teeth.
    GR lives...

Lorenzoinoc
    I did stay in New York for 8 months when a teenager, and did visit the US Open.
    I think your response it the most accurate so far.........

The other thing I found amusing(at a Ryder Cup) is when they all shout - get in the hole, when their player has 450 yards to the green.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    That is complete and utter bullsh!t.

Ask any of us reasonably intelligent and quasi-humble Yanks and we'll tell you that the number is more like 80%...........ok..................85%............. ..tops.

The whole "get in the hole" stupidity, although it has its roots with Spangler, actually got popular at what was then the Scottsdale Open and is now the FBR Open in Arizona on the par 3 16th. It is unofficially known as the "Loudest Hole in Golf". I wish they would make an example out of any dumbass that shouts that moronic phrase anymore......a taser would be good. It was old 10 years ago.
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

which "hole?"... Tiger said !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h
    That is complete and utter bullsh!t.

Ask any of us reasonably intelligent and quasi-humble Yanks and we'll tell you that the number is more like 80%...........ok..................85%............. ..tops.

The whole "get in the hole" stupidity, although it has its roots with Spangler, actually got popular at what was then the Scottsdale Open and is now the FBR Open in Arizona on the par 3 16th. It is unofficially known as the "Loudest Hole in Golf". I wish they would make an example out of any dumbass that shouts that moronic phrase anymore......a taser would be good. It was old 10 years ago.
    The members of this illustrious forum excepted of course!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Call me a drunk yank, but some of my favorite championship golf is at the end of a US Open (usually in the Northeast) when the crowd is completely hammered. Players with their career on the lines have to literally shove drunk patrons out of the way to line up a shot. That makes me happy... adds pressure and adds to the classic meltdowns we've seen. We cheer for the meltdowns over here... why do you think Greg Norman could only win The Open and nothing over here? The drunk in your face stupid crowd... now the yank crowds are even more drunk and annoying than ever... good. If these guys are so good, they need more obstacles.
    Gotta agree with this. Nothing beats drunken yahoos hooting and hollering at guys trying ot line up shots. Greg Norman certainly had problems with some of the fans during his career in the States, but at least he showed his manliness by wading into the crowd at a US Open and openly challenging a guy who called him a choker to settle things in the carpark after the round. And the continual baiting of Mrs Doubtfire (Monty) over the years, by New York fans in particular, is priceless.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I always liked Greg Norman, I was glad when he took The Open twice to show something for all those playoff loses.

His estates make some very decent wine too!

I was rooting for his "fountain of youth" at last year's Masters while I cared much less about Watson's run at The Open.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I always liked Greg Norman, I was glad when he took The Open twice to show something for all those playoff loses.

His estates make some very decent wine too!

I was rooting for his "fountain of youth" at last year's Masters while I cared much less about Watson's run at The Open.
    Wasn't he leading or at least in contention after 3 rounds of the 2008 Open?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Wasn't he leading or at least in contention after 3 rounds of the 2008 Open?
    He was leading into the back nine of that Open in 2008 until the customary choke job and a magnificent 4 wood from Harrington harpooned himyet again. But his top 3 finish (second from memory) got him his start at the 2009 Masters. For all his success on and off the course (and in the bedroom), it must really burn him up that he never got to join the Masters champion club, especially being the social climber and snob that he is. It must be like a stake through the heart every time he hears or reads about the pre Masters champions dinner, especially knowing that bums like Larry Mize, Mike Weir and Zach Johnson get to go, and get entry into the field for life.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I think a little research would indicate it's specifically fans from New York that are to blame. Although it isn't really their fault. 99% of New Yorkers suffer from a tragic brain disease that produces incredible social disfunction and an inability to say anything appropriate or coherent. It's like a combination of lead poisoning, gastroenteritis, bi-polar disorder and Tourette's. It also leads to pants crapping and wiping one's nose on one's sleeve.

So as grating as it may be, try to understand they're helpless to control it. It also partly explains why they don't bathe or brush their teeth.
    I heartily endorse this post and would subscribe to your blog.

Anybody else just hear that?

LOL
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Anybody else just hear that?

LOL
    if it's the BO I'm around 30 minutes behind. Can you frame it for me so I don't FF past it?
    GR lives...

if it's the BO I'm around 30 minutes behind. Can you frame it for me so I don't FF past it?
    Spectator shouted "It's in the hole" when Oosthuizen drilled a three wood approach.

It was prolly an American on vacation.........
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Spectator shouted "It's in the hole" when Oosthuizen drilled a three wood approach.

OK, thanks. I've switched on my sound analyzer and I'll post the results in a bit.
    GR lives...

There was plenty of ITH from the crowd when Tiger was on 18 yesterday.

But congrats to the Euros and this new South African. Us yanks are too busy changing putters between whores (Tiger), using bag space for 4 wedges in high wind (Phil), or maybe just too much time in church (Zach Johnson).
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

OK, thanks. I've switched on my sound analyzer and I'll post the results in a bit.
    No problem.

I'll expect a full report with complete technical documentation.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Just heard it. Turns out two separate guys said it, one followed immediately by the other. This forces me to alter my theory. I prevously thought guys that take it upon themselves to yell "Gedin duh howwe" were the dumbest chimpanzees on the planet. Turns out there's a related but distinctly different, dumber class of chimpanzee. It's guys that are generating almost no brain waves at all, just enough to repeat something dumb someone else says.
    GR lives...

Azinger still can't pronounce the name of the guy that's been leading the tournament for almost 60 holes.
    GR lives...

Azinger still can't pronounce the name of the guy that's been leading the tournament for almost 60 holes.
    I would go through the trouble of learning to pronounce his name if I thought for one second that we would ever hear from this hack again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Zinger
    I would go through the trouble of learning to pronounce his name if I thought for one second that we would ever hear from this hack again.
    He's about the same size as Rich Beem who I saw in an airport yesterday. We'll see if he follows the same path. Looked to me like a horses for courses thing.
    GR lives...

He's about the same size as Rich Beem who I saw in an airport yesterday. We'll see if he follows the same path. Looked to me like a horses for courses thing.
    Precisely. Thank God no brain power has to be expended saying Zach Johnson or Michael Campbell. Geoff Ogilvy is pretty easy once you are informed that the retards down under don't know how to spell Jeff.

Not necessarily. Like most things you Americans dio, Aussies have picked up on the gith chant, and it's heard frequently during our tournament season here, and adnauseum when Tiger is playing like last year when he won the Oz masters, there must have been at least 18 "get in the hole!"s per round.

Oosthuizen is apparently a "Friends" TV show junkie, plays chopper Ping clubs, and just made Golf Digest look typically stupid by covering Charl Schwartzel as South Africa's "Next Big Thing"

I'll watch him play again...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Oosthuizen is apparently a "Friends" TV show junkie, plays chopper Ping clubs, and just made Golf Digest look typically stupid by covering Charl Schwartzel as South Africa's "Next Big Thing"

I'll watch him play again...
    Ping's strike rate in majors is getting better. It's funny that over the last 3 years or so the majors have been dominated by Nike, Wilson and Ping players. Even discarding Tiger Nike has been a roll with Cink and Glover last year and Immelman the year before. For all the money dollars they pay pros to play their gear, Titleist hasn't got much return in the majors the last few years. For a company that tries to market itself as a players brand they haven't had many tour staff playing too well in the ones that count. Same can be said for TM but they don't bang on about how top end their stuff is like Titleist. Even chopper brand Cally has had success with Phail.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Ping's strike rate in majors is getting better. It's funny that over the last 3 years or so the majors have been dominated by Nike, Wilson and Ping players. Even discarding Tiger Nike has been a roll with Cink and Glover last year and Immelman the year before. For all the money dollars they pay pros to play their gear, Titleist hasn't got much return in the majors the last few years. For a company that tries to market itself as a players brand they haven't had many tour staff playing too well in the ones that count. Same can be said for TM but they don't bang on about how top end their stuff is like Titleist. Even chopper brand Cally has had success with Phail.
    interesting isn't it? Ping, in particular seems to be generating alot of buzz right now. Nike just collects their players' gear and stamps a swoosh on it. Even HB has finally realized this.
    GR lives...

interesting isn't it? Ping, in particular seems to be generating alot of buzz right now. Nike just collects their players' gear and stamps a swoosh on it. Even HB has finally realized this.
    Now that PING doesn't have to pay inflated American union labor salaries, they have more marketing cash available. Plus they have been making some legit drivers over the last few years.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by vgolfv
    It is so nice this week watching the open from St Andrews - Especially when you have no spectators shouting - GET IN THE HOLE, as we are true golfing fans.

Even at the Masters this year, some fans were shouting out - get in the hole - as soon as a player hit his tee shot. On the USPGA Tour fans seem to be shouting this out it seems on every tee, even more ridiculously when players are teeing off on par - 5 holes.

When are they going to ban these idiots???? It puts me off watching golf from the US.

Imagine what would happen if Tennis fans started shouting out while players were serving at Wimbledon.

This is another reason why our Open Championship is so special and great to watch.

I noticed plenty of instances of "GET IN THE HOLE!" at the BO. Pretty much every shot in fact. Just like every other tournament at every other venue. It's now a global disease.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Hey hey hey hey ... don't you go forgetting it was around this time last year that Y.E. Yang made Tiger his b.itch using TM R7 TP irons and TM hybrids. If you look back to that day in August 2009 it is now abundantly clear that you can trace the beginning of Tigers demise and all his current woes to the b.itchslapping he suffered that day. All at the hands of TM R7 TP's and hybrids. Mizuno doesn't seem to make a splash at any level. Since I can't bring myself to bag Pings maybe it's time I bagged a major winning iron like the TP's again?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hey hey hey hey ... don't you go forgetting it was around this time last year that Y.E. Yang made Tiger his b.itch using TM R7 TP irons and TM hybrids. If you look back to that day in August 2009 it is now abundantly clear that you can trace the beginning of Tigers demise and all his current woes to the b.itchslapping he suffered that day. All at the hands of TM R7 TP's and hybrids. Mizuno doesn't seem to make a splash at any level. Since I can't bring myself to bag Pings maybe it's time I bagged a major winning iron like the TP's again?
    Hey, hey, hey ... anybody heard anything from Y-E-YANG this year? He grabbed a 3-spot in the Waste Management (Phoenix) Open --- Symbolic?
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

You're right, Kiwi, any chance of future reconcile with Elin probably ended right there. How could she look at him with any respect after that.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Shouting has become the same as when the camera turns to pan the crowd. People act like idiots so they can tell their friends I was on tv. With shouting, it's now "did you hear me yell get in the hole?" or some other nonsense.

I did forget that one somehow, so it's only so called players brand Titleist, who throws more money into 'marketing' (paying players to use their stuff) than any other OEM who can't collect any majors. Must be embarassing for their execs to know that even Wilson have more majors in the cabinet than them over the last 3 years.

I did forget that one somehow, so it's only so called players brand Titleist, who throws more money into 'marketing' (paying players to use their stuff) than any other OEM who can't collect any majors. Must be embarassing for their execs to know that even Wilson have more majors in the cabinet than them over the last 3 years.
    Luke Donald and Brian Gay play Mizuno irons so I guess they limit their sponsorship to metro, pretty boy types. I've seen Ping winning a lot of tournaments this year or at the very top of the leaderboard. Several of the guys have played the i15 but I don't like the look or feel of them. Which Ping irons does Ouchstenschleebin play?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Luke Donald and Brian Gay play Mizuno irons so I guess they limit their sponsorship to metro, pretty boy types. I've seen Ping winning a lot of tournaments this year or at the very top of the leaderboard. Several of the guys have played the i15 but I don't like the look or feel of them. Which Ping irons does Ouchstenschleebin play?
    Last time I read it was the S57s. Lumpy still plays the Eye2s, apparently get's a new set every year. Don't know why, it's not like he's gonna wear them out. Not sure about Calc, he played the Eye 2 a long time after they were superceded and was playing them when he won the Oz Open here back in the 90s or 80s.

I tried the i15... they have an interesting balance and are sharp departure from the i5 or i10. I'm not sure if it is in a good or bad way, the i15 felt like Ping was trying to make a chopper Mizuno while the i5 and i10 are more based on the Eye 2 heritage and innovation. Just for good measure, Ping apparently isn't making anything in Arizona anymore. Driver heads and some putters were long outsourced, but some putters and irons still came USA. Not anymore, too bad...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Thread Information