|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I discovered the secret of the golf swing!

I really found the secret of the golf swing!

No, I have not broken 90, but this secret is something I must share with all of you...

Seriously, take a broom and cut off the part that sweeps.

Chop down the broom handle to the size/length of a 5 iron.

Swing that piece of wood, absent a broom.

Notice how you are not opening or closing the broom handle, and your natural swing motion works, without the complication of the club head screwing with your brain?

I am such a retard!

How could I have missed this my entire life? I could probably score lower swinging the broom handle; probably could find more lost balls too.

No. I am dead serious. I golfed yesterday in Sonoma and carded a 98, and will work on this, for my short iron game, with lessons...

The rest of you bastards can kiss my ass.

spank
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Tie a coke bottle to that broom handle and you'll be breaking 80 in no time!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Tie a coke bottle to that broom handle and you'll be breaking 80 in no time!
    No. I have a Whippy Tempomaster, but without the clubhead, you can swing with vigor, and lack of fear.

I basically went back to my baseball roots, and am swinging the broom handle like a baseball bat; maybe I should get a baseball bat, now that I think about it...

I shanked all over the place when I golfed in Sonoma a couple of days ago... My driver was perfect; short irons were a freaking mess.

The clubhead, itself, has screwed with my brain, but now that I am swinging the broomstick in my backyard, I have figured it all out...

All you other bastards can kiss my ass, jackasses!!!

Stick one end of that broom in your rectum and that should help control your tempo hence you will break 90s in no time

If you like that drill, Spank, here's one you can do on the course and it's legal since it's not a training aid. Turn a 5 iron upside down and swing it, paying attention to sound and path.
    GR lives...

What color broom handle?

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie

No, I have not broken 90, but this secret is something I must share with all of you...

Seriously, take a broom and cut off the part that sweeps.

Chop down the broom handle to the size/length of a 5 iron.

Swing that piece of wood, absent a broom.

Notice how you are not opening or closing the broom handle, and your natural swing motion works, without the complication of the club head screwing with your brain?

I am such a retard!

How could I have missed this my entire life? I could probably score lower swinging the broom handle; probably could find more lost balls too.

No. I am dead serious. I golfed yesterday in Sonoma and carded a 98, and will work on this, for my short iron game, with lessons...

spank
    So begins the path to your enlightenment, grasshopper.

We swing the broomstick on the local muni course today, but we swing a Miura blade on the Pebble Beaches of tomorrow . . . . . .

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

No. I have a Whippy Tempomaster, but without the clubhead, you can swing with vigor, and lack of fear.

I basically went back to my baseball roots, and am swinging the broom handle like a baseball bat; maybe I should get a baseball bat, now that I think about it...

I shanked all over the place when I golfed in Sonoma a couple of days ago... My driver was perfect; short irons were a freaking mess.

The clubhead, itself, has screwed with my brain, but now that I am swinging the broomstick in my backyard, I have figured it all out...

All you other bastards can kiss my ass, jackasses!!!
    I started playing baseball and golf at about the same time but much preferred baseball. Until I quit playing organized hardball my first year in college, my favorite pitch and best hits were on high outside fastballs like Roberto Clemente. Thus for years my favorite drive was a hard fade that is now called "power fade". However, in my 55 years of golf, it wasn't until about a month ago that I figured out what I needed to do to turn the ball over with every club from driver to my 58* sandwedge. I employed this move for the first time on course several weeks ago and birdied two holes on the front nine of my favorite local muni I first played 30 years ago. The first birdie hole is a 540 yard par 5 that I may have managed par on maybe one round out of 10. The fourth hole is a nastly 375 dogleg left that I don't recall ever parring. Until I got spooked when thunder and lightening started up on the 10th tee, I hit drives on other front 9 holes to positions I've never been in before. Since the move that enables this is secret, all I will say is that from watching pros' swings on TV in slo-mo over the years, it finally hit me like a ton of bricks. Tiger Woods does the move conspicuously. Ever seen the A.J. Bonar "Secrets of Golf" infomercial? A.J. does a good job of teaching clubhead control using baseball analogies. One of his training aides is a tiny wood baseball hat attached to a shaft.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    It's such a great feeling when you have an "AH HA!" golf moment. Something clicks in your swing or putting stroke and ACTUALLY registers in the mind rather than saying" How'd I do that?!?!?"

I just hate when that moment leave a round or two later and you have to set out on that journey of rediscovery all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    It's such a great feeling when you have an "AH HA!" golf moment. Something clicks in your swing or putting stroke and ACTUALLY registers in the mind rather than saying" How'd I do that?!?!?"

I just hate when that moment leave a round or two later and you have to set out on that journey of rediscovery all over again.
    Dude, it clicked, but I have not yet tried it on the course.

I hit the driver great, with my new driver (Thanks Jeff for the rec for the driver head)...

Driver no problem. Irons big problem. What the hell is a 250 yard drive down the middle worth if you shank, hit fat, skull a 8/9 or pitching wedge?

The nice drive means nothing to me! I want the candy of a nice short wedge somewhere close to the green, you retards!!!

The broomstick with a sharpy mark on the vertical should be vertical on the downswing.

I am grabbing my sledgehammer and will practice on a concrete embankment to ingrain proper mechanics; no, that wouldn't sell, but it works, I am sure. The broom stick has convinced me of this natural truth...

Yes, I still play with blades, and have no gaybrids in the bag.

For some of us, golf is still a man's game.

To be honest, to everyone who knows me, the lack of a golf swing makes no sense to anyone. I was at very high levels of ball sports as a kid, like many of you guys...

I will break 90.

spank

Only two things I have found that are solid keys. One is keeping your head level on the backswing and through impact which guarantees your spine angle stays the same. The second is to keep your back at the target as long as you can as you start the downswing and then feel like you are driving the butt end of the club into the ground which creates lag.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

I am such a retard!

spank
    All you need is some purple shaft covers and your set!
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    The second is to keep your back at the target as long as you can as you start the downswing and then feel like you are driving the butt end of the club into the ground which creates lag.
    ...creates lag and more often than not leads to open clubface at impact.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    This is the funny thing about golf, one mans cure is another's fault. If I tried that I would push everything until I started hitting big push hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    This is the funny thing about golf, one mans cure is another's fault. If I tried that I would push everything until I started hitting big push hooks.
    Yeah, I've tried it and it works only so long as everything is in perfect synchronization, especially the right elbow practically glued to the right hip as the down-pull seems to cause the right hip to fire through. Its very powerful but like a race-tuned high rpm small displacement DOHC motor slipping a notch on the timing belts, a degree or two off and the motor self-destructs and the intended golf shot is a shank. I find that with my new irons and wood shafts which are better weights and flexes for me, I don't need a move like that to power through shots.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel

Not if you release it. I hit a nice draw this way and hit the ball pretty hard.

I have found hitting shots in the nude is the real secret to golf. When one is in the buff just focus on making your dink slap into your right inside thigh on the backswing and your left thigh on the downswing. When one putts your slapping dink maybe too hard for your stroke so just focus on slapping your 'coin purse' on the inside of your thighs for the shorter putts and shots.
    Last edited by Tee'd Off; 07-28-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Not if you release it. I hit a nice draw this way and hit the ball pretty hard.
    ...if your timing is spot-on. For me a nice draw moves from right to left the approximate distance I want it to draw. Same for a fade. Almost every time I've used that pull-down move hard, the ball moved hard left or right To use it, your swing has got to be in a righteous groove and then you can hit it as hard as you're able.

Thread Information