|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Matchplay Tactics

Hi,
    if your not aware, i am due to take edgey through his paces on one of oxfordshires finest goat tracks.

what im wondering though is has GR moved on since BPC matchplay tactics?...Are there any new offerings?..

Lay it on me GR, give me what you got in the way of new Matchplay tactics....

Although i am confident enough in the match, only the really stupid deny free help..

BURNDOG - The reason Edgey will probably leave this forum...in shame...

BD

The only tactic you can utilise to save you from a GR beat down and utter humiliation is

Dont turn up

Hope that helps

Edgey

PS I will still be here after the 4th, and i will still be the champ!
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Some good old fashioned trash talking going on between the two of you. I like it! Seriously, Burndog, the BPC thread is the matchplay strategy Bible. If you go by those guidelines to the letter, you will not fail. If those aren't enough for you (which they should be) Benguk's latest thread has some quality info. His golf team has successfully changed the attitude of golf. Cheers.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

I will do an Ali here

The rematch will be over by the 15th and it wont be Edgey who is crying...

I am the greatest

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

cheers slicer...

edgey,
    and just like ALI you will be a gibbering mess after BURNDOG delivers his TMR9 knockout punch.... BOOOOM.....

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    cheers slicer...

edgey,
    and just like ALI you will be a gibbering mess after BURNDOG delivers his TMR9 knockout punch.... BOOOOM.....
    Those that can win, those that cant lose

My name is Edgey and i am the champion

Edgey

Hi,
    if your not aware, i am due to take edgey through his paces on one of oxfordshires finest goat tracks.

what im wondering though is has GR moved on since BPC matchplay tactics?...Are there any new offerings?..

Lay it on me GR, give me what you got in the way of new Matchplay tactics....

Although i am confident enough in the match, only the really stupid deny free help..

BURNDOG - The reason Edgey will probably leave this forum...in shame...
    Bring Moose and Rocco with you. After every good shot Edgey hits have Moose say "hmmmm".

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Some good old fashioned trash talking going on between the two of you. I like it! Seriously, Burndog, the BPC thread is the matchplay strategy Bible. If you go by those guidelines to the letter, you will not fail. If those aren't enough for you (which they should be) Benguk's latest thread has some quality info. His golf team has successfully changed the attitude of golf. Cheers.
    All true HS, but you have forgotten that there have been some recent GR maptchplay battles that have uncovered some new strategies. The tight fitting shirt and clean shaven face to intimdate are old hat, it has been proven that saddle shoes and jeans are much better for creating an impact on the first tee. A cheaparse giveaway windbreaker completes the ensemble and can throw your opponent completely off his game.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

cheers slicer...

edgey,
    Sounds like BD has a good honeymoon going on with a new TM driver and is feeling cocky.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Sounds like BD has a good honeymoon going on with a new TM driver and is feeling cocky.
    Playing straight up he will need Jesus Christ on his bag.......

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    All true HS, but you have forgotten that there have been some recent GR maptchplay battles that have uncovered some new strategies. The tight fitting shirt and clean shaven face to intimdate are old hat, it has been proven that saddle shoes and jeans are much better for creating an impact on the first tee. A cheaparse giveaway windbreaker completes the ensemble and can throw your opponent completely off his game.
    Good point. I'm thinking a really tight, cheap windbreaker with jeans,saddle shoes, and a nice close shave ( Like a homeless guy that really has his sh!t together) whist standing uncomfortably close to your opponent = invincible.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Good point. I'm thinking a really tight, cheap windbreaker with jeans,saddle shoes, and a nice close shave ( Like a homeless guy that really has his sh!t together) whist standing uncomfortably close to your opponent = invincible.
    A nice cheap cologne would put the icing on the cake.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Overpraising can be effective on modest people. You sing the praises on all of their shots (even the average ones), and a modest player will deny that his game is that good and ratchet down his game accordingly.

The idea is to get negative thoughts in your opponents head. Here is an example: Edgey misses a green and is getting ready to chip. After his practice swing state "wow I would hit a shank every time with that swing."
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Overpraising can be effective on modest people. You sing the praises on all of their shots (even the average ones), and a modest player will deny that his game is that good and ratchet down his game accordingly.

The idea is to get negative thoughts in your opponents head. Here is an example: Edgey misses a green and is getting ready to chip. After his practice swing state "wow I would hit a shank every time with that swing."

pure genioius

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

As a golfing god who is better than just about anyone on this forum i feel this tactic may fall on deaf ears.

For those who think i am arrogant, i can assure you i am not since i am actually better than i think i am.

Dont hate me for my talent

Edgey

Just make them putt out on every hole. Eventually makes someone mad as hell if they do not have a lot of match play experience. Just recognize you will have to putt out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Just make them putt out on every hole. Eventually makes someone mad as hell if they do not have a lot of match play experience. Just recognize you will have to putt out as well.
    This strategy is even better if you make them putt out after they just gave you a putt from a foot further out than theirs.

Thread Information