• Cavity Back

5 50.00%
  • Super Game Improvement (Hybrid like)

1 10.00%
  • Combo Set

0 0%

Blades vs Cavity Backs

Help! I can't decide.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

What's your angle, Purist? In order to rile up the board, you need to find a new hot-button topic.
    Like black shoes and white socks, untucked shirts, etc. Even those a sh!tty examples.
    What do you think of the TO move?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    What's your angle, Purist? In order to rile up the board, you need to find a new hot-button topic.
    Like black shoes and white socks, untucked shirts, etc. Even those a sh!tty examples.
    What do you think of the TO move?
    I think Larry might be on to something. Posting golf topics in the non-golf forum is pure genius. There is a lot of untapped potential in the non-golf section. The golf forum is played out, but this section is still in its virginity.

Before you got TO, I considered the Bengals a 7 win team...actually I still consider them a 7 win team. The defense over achieved last season, mostly because they created an unusually high amount of turnovers. Look for a smaller number of defensive takeaways and increase in offensive turnovers.

I think TO can be a difference maker with a good QB, but Carson doesn't have the game to get him the ball. Carson has good physical tools and is probably decently smart, but he lacks a winner's mentality and plays scared. I guarantee Cincy will be picking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round next year.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

TO played on my team for two years. The first year the team made it into the Super Bowl for the first time in decades despite the quarterback affectionately known to local fans as "Low Throw McBlow". TO was and is brash, arrogant, a morale f*cker and all that but has never been arrested for anything serious, works real hard, wants the ball every play and is still a hell of a receiver. I think the Bengals just got a lot better and if I were Carson Palmer, I'd be happier than a bayou shrimp in petroleum-free water. If I'm the Ravens and Steelers, I'm gonna have to work the D a bit harder in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I think Larry might be on to something. Posting golf topics in the non-golf forum is pure genius. There is a lot of untapped potential in the non-golf section. The golf forum is played out, but this section is still in its virginity.

Before you got TO, I considered the Bengals a 7 win team...actually I still consider them a 7 win team. The defense over achieved last season, mostly because they created an unusually high amount of turnovers. Look for a smaller number of defensive takeaways and increase in offensive turnovers.

I think TO can be a difference maker with a good QB, but Carson doesn't have the game to get him the ball. Carson has good physical tools and is probably decently smart, but he lacks a winner's mentality and plays scared. I guarantee Cincy will be picking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round next year.
    If CP has another down year, I'd be fine with picking a QB early. Maybe switch things up entirely and go with Pryor. CP has been playing tentatively in recent years. Of course he hasn't had the personnel to open up the offense. And the Bengals OC is a tired, unimaginative old man. Run on 1st and 2nd, pass on 3rd and 5, punt.
    I think the D is legit. Personnel isn't a problem, it's depth at certain positions. I never thought safety would be such an important position until I had to watch 4th stringers. I feel really good about the starters.
    How many wins do you think the Steelers will get? I'm going to get to judge your homerism if you say anything > 8.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    TO played on my team for two years. The first year the team made it into the Super Bowl for the first time in decades despite the quarterback affectionately known to local fans as "Low Throw McBlow". TO was and is brash, arrogant, a morale f*cker and all that but has never been arrested for anything serious, works real hard, wants the ball every play and is still a hell of a receiver. I think the Bengals just got a lot better and if I were Carson Palmer, I'd be happier than a bayou shrimp in petroleum-free water. If I'm the Ravens and Steelers, I'm gonna have to work the D a bit harder in camp.
    Plus TO is generally a great guy all-around for year 1. Year 2 is where the cancer starts.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

If CP has another down year, I'd be fine with picking a QB early. Maybe switch things up entirely and go with Pryor. CP has been playing tentatively in recent years. Of course he hasn't had the personnel to open up the offense. And the Bengals OC is a tired, unimaginative old man. Run on 1st and 2nd, pass on 3rd and 5, punt.
    I think the D is legit. Personnel isn't a problem, it's depth at certain positions. I never thought safety would be such an important position until I had to watch 4th stringers. I feel really good about the starters.
    How many wins do you think the Steelers will get? I'm going to get to judge your homerism if you say anything > 8.
    All judging must be reserved for the end of the year results. That being said, we will have a fairly easy schedule after coming in 3rd in the division last year and 10+ wins isn't unreasonable. With Polamalu back in the lineup, we will again have the best defense in the league and be harder to throw on in the 4th quarter. The running game is going to be much better this year. We got the best center to come out of college in the last 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh open up 3-1 based on defense and commitment to the run. The media will foolishly try to create a quarterback controversy when Ben returns, and Dennis Dixon will wind up starting for some 2nd rate team next year.

In response to this thread, I'd say that I'd expect barley futures to be weak this year, but pork bellies are headed through the roof......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

All judging must be reserved for the end of the year results. That being said, we will have a fairly easy schedule after coming in 3rd in the division last year and 10+ wins isn't unreasonable. With Polamalu back in the lineup, we will again have the best defense in the league and be harder to throw on in the 4th quarter. The running game is going to be much better this year. We got the best center to come out of college in the last 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh open up 3-1 based on defense and commitment to the run. The media will foolishly try to create a quarterback controversy when Ben returns, and Dennis Dixon will wind up starting for some 2nd rate team next year.
    Schedule only accounts for 3 games, the other 13 are identical within a division.
    I don't think Troy makes your other problems in the secondary disappear. I don't see how the Steelers have improved dramatically over last year. O-line picks generally aren't impact players in year 1, especially centers who are the QB's of the line. I see the Steelers struggling early and grinding out another 8-8. Of course I could be wrong.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I like Super Game Improvement clubs because they're super for game improvement.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I like Super Game Improvement clubs because they're super for game improvement.
    Ssseriousssly. I like things that are sssouper.

I ended up getting the Droid X. I liked the iphone 4 a little better, but AT&T's plan was more expensive, has worse coverage, and doesn't have unlimited data.

Ssseriousssly. I like things that are sssouper.

I ended up getting the Droid X. I liked the iphone 4 a little better, but AT&T's plan was more expensive, has worse coverage, and doesn't have unlimited data.
    Who is your service through? I've got Sprint's unlimited data plan for $69/month.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Who is your service through? I've got Sprint's unlimited data plan for $69/month.
    Verizon. Sprint sucks in my area too. My wife still uses them...she hates their service but somehow always gets talked into resigning another contract with them. Verizon has unlimited data for $30...does that $69 include phone and texts?

Verizon. Sprint sucks in my area too. My wife still uses them...she hates their service but somehow always gets talked into resigning another contract with them. Verizon has unlimited data for $30...does that $69 include phone and texts?
    Yeah, all inclusive. It's not unlimited minutes, but mobile to mobile (any carrier) is free. I've never come with 500 of running out of minutes.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Yeah, all inclusive. It's not unlimited minutes, but mobile to mobile (any carrier) is free. I've never come with 500 of running out of minutes.
    I guess you can afford to charge less when you're not burdened with the extra cost of putting up reception towers.

Have you upgraded to a decent phone yet? Blackberry has been taking a beating this year, everyone seems to be moving to an all touch screen phone.

I guess you can afford to charge less when you're not burdened with the extra cost of putting up reception towers.

Have you upgraded to a decent phone yet? Blackberry has been taking a beating this year, everyone seems to be moving to an all touch screen phone.
    Decent but not awesome. HTC Hero (droid lite). It's all touch and pretty nice, but it's had glitches.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Tower cost avoidance is clearly AT&T's model. If you live in bumf.uck, you're f.ucked, Why should they care about you? Luke Wilson obviously couldn't give a snit. But in SoCal, NY, Boston and the major metros, it works great. Like I want to talk to someone from Ohio?

You may have gotten someone like Larry when you shopped AT&T. I get unlimited data for $30 a month.
    GR lives...

Thread Information