Cool why I do not like musicals...

Anything too stupid to be said is sung.
    - Voltaire
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman
    - Voltaire
    Anything too stupid to be sung is rapped. - Mongrel

Have to agree except for Paint Your Wagon. Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin taking turns with Jean Harlow I think and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band playing a song or two.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Jean Seberg not Harlow.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Obviously never seen Jersey Boys in Vegas or Les Miserables

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Jean Seberg not Harlow.
    Seberg was hot. And, like Jim Morrison, died from drug over-ingestion in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Have to agree except for Paint Your Wagon. Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin taking turns with Jean Harlow I think and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band playing a song or two.
    When I saw paint your wagon on The Simpsons I thought it was a funny parody, but then I found out it was a real movie. I can't believe Clint's career survived that flop, how faggy was that singing voice?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    Obviously never seen Jersey Boys in Vegas or Les Miserables
    I've seen Les Miserables and I was certainly miserable sitting through that cr@p. On my recent trip to London SWMBO wanted to see a show but luckily I stalled and obfuscated enough that we ran out of time and couldn't squeeze in a show. What a shame!

I've been to many and ALWAYS wish I could go home at half time but instead have to face the misery of sitting through the second half. I'm with Ironman, I can't stand them.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

- Voltaire
    A few good musicals are:

Grease

That's all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    A few good musicals are:

Grease

That's all I can think of.
    In my book, Blazing Saddles captured the true essence of musicals. Which brings us back to TP's other thread, as he may have intended.
    GR lives...

Musicals = Ghey.

That is all.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    POD right here.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    In my book, Blazing Saddles captured the true essence of musicals. Which brings us back to TP's other thread, as he may have intended.
    Agreed. Blazing Saddles was actually parodying musicals (as well as westerns) and encaptured the absurdity of the genre beautifully. The "sing one of them ****** songs" was a classic, though sensors wouldn't allow it any more. Imagine the uproaor if the "you said rape twice" "I like rape" line was used in a movie now.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Agreed. Blazing Saddles was actually parodying musicals (as well as westerns) and encaptured the absurdity of the genre beautifully. The "sing one of them ****** songs" was a classic, though sensors wouldn't allow it any more. Imagine the uproaor if the "you said rape twice" "I like rape" line was used in a movie now.
    I'm just glad I live in a free country where there are those who make sure I'm not exposed to words that might harm me or lifestyles of others that might disturb me. I realize I'm not as capable of figuring out universal right and wrong as they are.
    GR lives...

- Voltaire
    For the other retards...

Have you actually read Voltaire? I have read his writings/books, and the man is a great writer.

It is only an extremely common man that doesn't appreciate a good play...

Hey retards, try Romeo and Juliet, or a great tragedy, that will leave your young ass wondering about the meaning of life... sobbing yourself to sleep.

You want to see evil, watch Iago operate his wickedness in Othello.

Bunch of young d!ckheads saying plays are boring? wtf?

Grow up jackasses!

p.s. You ghetto kids that have never even seen a mainstream play, like Les Mis or Phantom or Carousel or ( other mainstream) ... etc. , in person in the front rows... Stick to your stupid ass 3D movies.

Oops. I reread this thread. Ironman, you make a good point.

Anything too stupid to be said is posted on an anonymous internet golf board.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 08-01-2010 at 12:36 AM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

rap or hiphop

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel

almost all of rap or hiphop I care not

Cool Romeo and Juliet's theme song kicks ass "oh what is the youth..."

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    For the other retards...

Have you actually read Voltaire? I have read his writings/books, and the man is a great writer.

Hey retards, try Romeo and Juliet, or a great tragedy, that will leave your young ass wondering about the meaning of life... sobbing yourself to sleep.

Grow up jackasses!

p.s. You ghetto kids that have never even seen a mainstream play, like Les Mis or Phantom or Carousel or ( other mainstream) ... etc. , in person in the front rows... Stick to your stupid ass 3D movies.

Romeo and Juliet's theme song kicks arse, "ohhh what is the youth..."

every genre has its masterful, rare, exceptions.
    I saw that musical, Romeo and Juliet, on TV as a lad: I much appreciated that one song and the nubile actress' nearly-bare chest, yow, I thought , there must be a God -- cold beers and shapely boobs are proof enough, now I believe.

I thought that late Frenchman implied, if it's sung, it's not as stupid. Hey, I do not claim to be smart, just tenacious and right.

I still hate kariokie or whatever when drucken' people shrill on stage
    Last edited by ironman; 08-04-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    For the other retards...

Grow up jackasses!

I do not like modern musicals including inept remakes of classics. When I was a boy, my parents would frequently put me in the car after school and we'd drive the 90 minutes into Manhattan from our farm in the sticks west of Philly. This was in the '50's and there were no freeways or interstates but it was a rather nice drive and you could park right downtown NYC, grab dinner and go to a play. We saw a bunch of first run Broadway productions over a few years' stretch and the ones I remember include The King and I, The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, How to Suceed in Business Without Really Trying and more that I will remember after pressing the Submit Reply button. I saw Les Miserables in London in 1988 with the first run cast and it was the most spectacular staged production I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them. Since I had to read the f*cking book en francaise in a college French Lit class, I knew the story already. I am spoiled as far as theatre is concerned and would only consider taking in a musical in NYC or London. As far as music, in my opinion anything that has lyrics has them to cover up poor music and/or poor or unimaginative musicianship, so a freaking musical had better have stellar music and musicians to get me out of my cave.

I think the London cast of Les Mis is what everyone knows it by if they hear the soundtrack for it. Every one of the actors' voices are spot on. I've seen the play 2 or 3 times and when it's not phucked up, it's a great play. I've seen Chicago, West Side Story, 42nd st, Oklahoma, The Producers, The Lion King, and probably a couple others I don't remember. Free ticket, I'm not turning down a real Broadway show.

If I haven't seen it, that's because it was probably gay. All but two plays out of the ones I've seen involve something dying. Producers was a comedy.. I got nothin for 42nd st other than friends were in it and they saved me a ticket.

Thread Information