|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Hybrid vs Wood

Lightbulb Hybrid vs Wood

Hi everyone, I am a rookie to Golfreviev but love it already. Which do you like best hybrid or woods? I play a mizuno fli-hi and like it better than any wood I have played.

Keep it in the short grass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by golf8145
    Hi everyone, I am a rookie to Golfreviev but love it already.
    That opinion may change over time. BTW, have you met Fred3 yet?

I'll take the hybrids... I can spank a three and four iron every now and then...they used to be all I could tee off with since I didn't have any woods for awhile...but the hybrids (I'm particularly a fan of the TaylorMade Rescue Mids, and of the Tour Edge JMAX Bazooka Iron-Woods) hit the ball farther than irons of the same loft, hit the ball with a higher trajectory (giving average players better stopping power), and are much, much easier to hit consistently for me.

I find hybrids easier to hit accurately than long irons, and more versatile than fairway woods. They are easier for me to hit out of fairway bunkers, tight lies, and light rough than fairway woods, and just plain easier to hit from most lies vs. long irons. Obviously, others will feel differently. Try them, and see what works for you. Demo, demo, demo.

I recently picked up a Hogan CFT 3h. I've found it much easier to hit accurately than my 3 iron, or my 5 wood. I'm still in the "honeymoon stage" and working with it, but things look pretty good that it'll be a keeper.
    Hold my Beer. I'm going to hit a high fade over that tree....

Hybrid Or Wood!!!

I find it hard to compare because for me a Wood is longer Club than the Hybrid.

I used my Lovely Hogan CFT 4H (24 degrees equipped with Apex no.4 Shaft) for shots ranging between 185 and 200 yards. The large sole makes it easier to have a clean contact on the ball. It can become a very versatile club; great in the rough. The stiff shaft makes accuracy more important than distance. And these clubs are much shorter than Woods. I use it often on Tee Shots: on Short par 4's and very often on Par 5's; so i could manage my approach shot!

But my Woods are for 210 and up (5W at 19 degrees, 3W at 15 degrees, NO Driver in the Bag). I really enjoy my Orlimar Trimet II 5 Wood with the Dynamic Golf Shaft. The thin face generates high trajectory and are magic to hit on fairways with short grass!!!

So i guess if i would to chose between an Hybrid and a Wood; definitly would choose the 5 Wood because of the greater distance and still easy to hit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by golf8145
    Hi everyone, I am a rookie to Golfreviev but love it already. Which do you like best hybrid or woods? I play a mizuno fli-hi and like it better than any wood I have played.

Keep it in the short grass!!!

I have 2 cleveland launcher woods, which I will never give up!...But I Love the Nike CPR ...I hardly ever use my 3-4 Irons anymore...

I have only heard good things about the Mizuno Fli-Hi range, although i am not sure whether this is technically a rescue club or not.

Thread Information