|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question about Project X 5.5

How does this shaft compare to TT DG R300 or S300?

What are the different playing characteristics of the Project X compared to the DG shaft?

Thanks in advance.

Kiwi
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

What are the different playing characteristics of the Project X compared to the DG shaft?

Thanks in advance.

Kiwi
    Quite a stiff shaft. Plays to flex. Feel boardy to me. Almost opposite profile to DG. Stiff in the butt and softer in the tip. gives a higher ball flight than the DGS300 although similar in flex. Generally a good shaft for good, strong players who attack the ball. (hitters not sweepers)
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Thanks in advance.

Kiwi
    The two shafts you mention above have a completely different feel and ball flight from each other. In my opinion, the Dynamic Gold has a much better feel than Project X and sends the ball much higher. If you are looking for feel, Dynamic Gold is the way to go. Project X makes the club feel "clicky" but sends the ball on a lower trajectory. Project X provides a muted feel that I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The two shafts you mention above have a completely different feel and ball flight from each other. In my opinion, the Dynamic Gold has a much better feel than Project X and sends the ball much higher. If you are looking for feel, Dynamic Gold is the way to go. Project X makes the club feel "clicky" but sends the ball on a lower trajectory. Project X provides a muted feel that I don't like.
    I've always found that the DG sends the ball lower. They even say in the specs that it's designed for lower ball flight. I pulled a DG from a wedge and replaced it with a PX 5.5 and immediately felt and saw the difference. Higher flight, softer landing, way more spin.

Again though, just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz1975
    I've always found that the DG sends the ball lower. They even say in the specs that it's designed for lower ball flight. I pulled a DG from a wedge and replaced it with a PX 5.5 and immediately felt and saw the difference. Higher flight, softer landing, way more spin.

Again though, just my experience.
    That's really wierd because I've had the opposite experience. Do you like the feel of dynamic gold better. I can feel the head of the club throughout the swing better.

Kiwi

I have to agree with FD on this one. I have owned both and found the Project X 5.5 very "dead" and "boardy". For me it seems to play much stiffer than is suggested. I actually found that i would be fitted for a 5.0 or even a 4.5 with my swing.

I have always like the DG shafts and have had good results with both the Reg and Stiff.

Agree with other posters that how you swing the club (i have a shallow attack and tend to sweep the ball) will dictate your results.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

Thanks in advance.

Kiwi
    I still have that shaft in my wedges. 52, 56, 60. DG in everything else. Some of my most accurate shots were with PX shafts, that's why I still have them in a few wedges. To me they have lower flight then r300 or s300. Painfull on mis,hit long irons, not near as bad in short irons. Everybodys pretty much on about boardy feel, but I don't think they lack in feel. I haven't had any wrist injury since switching to DG shafts, I,m a digger, and take a fair size divot though. I miss the satin finish PX shafts, prettiest iron shaft made IMO, dull finish was great in alot sun.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Thanks in advance.

Kiwi
    If your thinking of changing out your shafts also consider KBS Tour shafts. I have those in my MP52s. Love them.

I think the KBS guy came over from Px if I am not mistaken. Ken Braley. Maybe Im wrong.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have been offered a set of MP-62's with the PX 5.5 shaft in them.

I really like the TT DG shafts and have never hit the PX. From what I am hearing I would be stupid to buy them without demoing them first.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks for all the replies.

I have been offered a set of MP-62's with the PX 5.5 shaft in them.

I really like the TT DG shafts and have never hit the PX. From what I am hearing I would be stupid to buy them without demoing them first.
    Probably, but the only correct way to demo an iron is to play a full round with it on the course. Project X feels completely different than TT DG so I wouldn't make the switch if you like DG. Further, a real man would play the MP-67.

Probably, but the only correct way to demo an iron is to play a full round with it on the course. Project X feels completely different than TT DG so I wouldn't make the switch if you like DG. Further, a real man would play the MP-67.
    You and CPS talked me out of playing blades. I mean any golfer that doesn't play and practice at least 5 times a week is kidding themselves thinking blades will help them play better.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You and CPS talked me out of playing blades. I mean any golfer that doesn't play and practice at least 5 times a week is kidding themselves thinking blades will help them play better.
    I'm glad you're finally listening to me but I may change my tune after my 3 month Titleist blade experiment. I don't practice and I play at most 4 times a month. I usually shoot anywhere from 75 to 81 so this will be a good test to see if blades improve my game.

I'm glad you're finally listening to me but I may change my tune after my 3 month Titleist blade experiment. I don't practice and I play at most 4 times a month. I usually shoot anywhere from 75 to 81 so this will be a good test to see if blades improve my game.

LOL - then I'll stick with my MP-30/33 mixed set for the time being and keenly await the outcome of your experiment.

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL - then I'll stick with my MP-30/33 mixed set for the time being and keenly await the outcome of your experiment.
    Stay tuned Kiwi, exciting developments are coming your way.

At that little time dedicated ot the game, I will be very surprised if your game doesn't tail off with the blades. I'll be more interested to see how your driver goes.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Kiwi

I have to agree with FD on this one. I have owned both and found the Project X 5.5 very "dead" and "boardy". For me it seems to play much stiffer than is suggested. I actually found that i would be fitted for a 5.0 or even a 4.5 with my swing.

I have always like the DG shafts and have had good results with both the Reg and Stiff.

Agree with other posters that how you swing the club (i have a shallow attack and tend to sweep the ball) will dictate your results.

Edgey
    I'm a digger and I take a divot. The DG's always felt stiff and unresponsive to me. I no longer have a wedge with a DG installed. I pulled them all in lieu of other shaft options.

Thread Information