|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Wheres Noshuz?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

Wheres Noshuz?

I havent seen hide nor hair of noshuz in a while. Anybody no whats up?:
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

He must be out body surfing, or parchuting, or whatever they do in Southern California that he likes to do more than golf. He'll be back in late Fall, I bet.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    He must be out body surfing, or parchuting, or whatever they do in Southern California that he likes to do more than golf. He'll be back in late Fall, I bet.
    Noshuz is in the Sacrmento area which is not really even in California, as FD knows. While we here in Socal have an unbelievable variety of activity choices, Sacramentans aren't nearly as fortunate. During summer the choices are expend time outside in some dusty, ugly place and die of heat exposure, shop for overalls or count cockroaches in their run down apartment.
    GR lives...

Don't alert Spank, or Noshuz will have his obituary posted on this board.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Noshuz is in the Sacrmento area which is not really even in California, as FD knows. While we here in Socal have an unbelievable variety of activity choices, Sacramentans aren't nearly as fortunate. During summer the choices are expend time outside in some dusty, ugly place and die of heat exposure, shop for overalls or count cockroaches in their run down apartment.
    Don't they have any local dumps where you can go shoot rats?

RIP Noshuz,

Was nice knowing ya.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Don't they have any local dumps where you can go shoot rats?
    No. This is California. Rats have rights.
    GR lives...

That is about as perfect an answer as I have ever received on this forum.

If Nosh was going to leave he would have posted a long, boring, goodbye missive. He isnt the type to go quietly.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Didn't he say he was going to focus on windsurfing for the summer?

Golf may have taken a back seat for the time being.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

He's waiting for the saddle shoes and jeans flaming to die down. Alan Baker's swing video didn't help things.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

The official California Rat (streach Pelosi) is currently in DC.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

now it's nationwide. Cass Sunstein says rats can get lawyers.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

HEEEY FELLERS!
    How's everybody doin'? Well I see the regulars are still alive and kickin'. Edgy! Ya snaggle tooth varmit! How's the youngin doin? I don't see any recent posts from my ol' budy FD. Is he gone?
    I been doing alot of sailing(windsurfing) camping and rat shooting down at the dump this summer. Gots me some keepers too. They're pretty good eatin on the rotisserie! I'm gonna get back to some golfing since the windsurfing season is winding down. Got lotsa new gear. Damn windsurfing is expensive!
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    HEEEY FELLERS!
    How's everybody doin'? Well I see the regulars are still alive and kickin'. Edgy! Ya snaggle tooth varmit! How's the youngin doin? I don't see any recent posts from my ol' budy FD. Is he gone?
    I been doing alot of sailing(windsurfing) camping and rat shooting down at the dump this summer. Gots me some keepers too. They're pretty good eatin on the rotisserie! I'm gonna get back to some golfing since the windsurfing season is winding down. Got lotsa new gear. Damn windsurfing is expensive!
    Don't get us wrong. We really didn't want to hear from you. We just wanted to know if we had a legal obligation to split the group's winnings with your heirs and beneficiaries, from the Mega-Millions lottery we won with our pooled funds from the GR's........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Don't get us wrong. We really didn't want to hear from you. We just wanted to know if we had a legal obligation to split the group's winnings with your heirs and beneficiaries, from the Mega-Millions lottery we won with our pooled funds from the GR's........
    Aahh dorky. That weren't very nice......sniff
    team obnoxious

What's shakin, Nosh? Rats are "good eating" here because they taste like most things Americans are fond of.
    GR lives...

HEEEY FELLERS!
    My friend has a bumper sticker you would like. It went something like "If I wanted to do something easy I would take up kiteboarding." He lives in the Hood River. I used to windsurf for about 10 years and in the Gorge. Gave it up when I started my business. It took too much time, even more than golf. Great fun but it takes a ton of effort to be good and safe in high winds.

What's shakin, Nosh? Rats are "good eating" here because they taste like most things Americans are fond of.

They taste best when seasoned with strychnine.

Mmmmmmm... yummy.

Hey noshuz! Thought you'd wiped your bookmarks and forgot how to find us.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Ya Zo! They taste like Chicken!
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    My friend has a bumper sticker you would like. It went something like "If I wanted to do something easy I would take up kiteboarding." He lives in the Hood River. I used to windsurf for about 10 years and in the Gorge. Gave it up when I started my business. It took too much time, even more than golf. Great fun but it takes a ton of effort to be good and safe in high winds.
    Hey peo! Ya It's a definite commitment when ya gt into the high wind thing. So much has changed with gear in the last 5 -7 years. I"ve been to the Gorge the place can get crazier than where I sail (Rio Vista).
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    They taste best when seasoned with strychnine.

Mmmmmmm... yummy.

Hey noshuz! Thought you'd wiped your bookmarks and forgot how to find us.

FON
    Naaa I couldn't forget about you boyz! And when I saw the noshuz thread I had to chime in. Where's FD?
    team obnoxious

Hey peo! Ya It's a definite commitment when ya gt into the high wind thing. So much has changed with gear in the last 5 -7 years. I"ve been to the Gorge the place can get crazier than where I sail (Rio Vista).
    A trip to the Gorge might be in order. They have great deals on gear. Find out when windance does one of their swap meets. The price for last years sails is a steal. Some of the trustifarians will pay large for the new gear and then drop them next season. Have you been to the Gorge?

A trip to the Gorge might be in order. They have great deals on gear. Find out when windance does one of their swap meets. The price for last years sails is a steal. Some of the trustifarians will pay large for the new gear and then drop them next season. Have you been to the Gorge?
    Yep I been thar. I'm putting a deposit down on an Open Ocean board this week. If you're a gorge guy I know you know those boards. Brian is a great guy and builds one helluva nice board.
    team obnoxious

Naaa I couldn't forget about you boyz! And when I saw the noshuz thread I had to chime in. Where's FD?
    Some posters on here actually golf and others post all the time. I figured he was like me and is busy golfing.

Or, he could be dead, but I'll let Spank be the one to inform us of that possibility.

Some posters on here actually golf and others post all the time. I figured he was like me and is busy golfing.

Or, he could be dead, but I'll let Spank be the one to inform us of that possibility.
    Sooner! Wussup brutha? You and Big Dave play anymore rounds?
    team obnoxious

Custom I'm assuming? Those boards look great but It's been about 8 years since I've been on a board and I don't recall Open Ocean boards; these custom boards makers come and go. Dill custom boards were big when I started and have been out of business for a number of years I assume. I had two or 3 custom boards and all were great but when I got to the end of my "career" I was using a F2 that I loved. It was super easy to plane and carved nicely and didn't have to fight the light wind conditions. Best part is I could beat the thing to hell getting in and out of the water over the rocks and such without a problem. Launch sites on the gorge can be tricky and carrying a custom glass board over the rocks in high wind was always tricky. Nothing like getting a ding from slipping on a rock.

Custom I'm assuming? Those boards look great but It's been about 8 years since I've been on a board and I don't recall Open Ocean boards; these custom boards makers come and go. Dill custom boards were big when I started and have been out of business for a number of years I assume. I had two or 3 custom boards and all were great but when I got to the end of my "career" I was using a F2 that I loved. It was super easy to plane and carved nicely and didn't have to fight the light wind conditions. Best part is I could beat the thing to hell getting in and out of the water over the rocks and such without a problem. Launch sites on the gorge can be tricky and carrying a custom glass board over the rocks in high wind was always tricky. Nothing like getting a ding from slipping on a rock.
    Yep I got a Dill 8'0" snub nose. Beautiful boards. I didn't like the way it jumped. Open Ocean is in Lyle Washington. He has a cult like following. Brians boards stay on the water in high wind. This has been on my Toy Bucket List for a long time but I was just waiting for my trusty Fanantic Mamba to break. It finally happened this year. Windance had a couple of used ones but I wasn't quick enough to get on. Screw it. I'll get a new one!
    Check it out : www.openocean.com/
    team obnoxious

Yep I got a Dill 8'0" snub nose. Beautiful boards. I didn't like the way it jumped. Open Ocean is in Lyle Washington. He has a cult like following. Brians boards stay on the water in high wind. This has been on my Toy Bucket List for a long time but I was just waiting for my trusty Fanantic Mamba to break. It finally happened this year. Windance had a couple of used ones but I wasn't quick enough to get on. Screw it. I'll get a new one!
    Check it out : www.openocean.com/
    They look pretty sick! I recognize Brian hinde's name. He's been making custom boards for a long long time. So, custom ordering or one he's already made?

Sooner! Wussup brutha? You and Big Dave play anymore rounds?
    we are, in fact, on for sometime in September.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

They look pretty sick! I recognize Brian hinde's name. He's been making custom boards for a long long time. So, custom ordering or one he's already made?
    Custom for me! We've talked a couple of times already. You just tell him how much you weigh(180lbs), what size sail are you mostly going to use on it (4.5) and what kind of sailing do you do and where (Bump n Jump / Rio vista) Ya you can pick the kind of tail, rocker etc. but my thinking is, I know what I want to do with it and where, I'll let him decide what I need to do it. When me and my buddy were there about 15 years ago, we met him and he was talking "tech talk" with us about stuff and he finally said "Let's go back to the tank". Me and my buddy looked at each other and were thinking COOL! he's gonna show us some high tech hydro tank testing facility thingy-ma-bob or something. Soooo he took us back to his fuking shop sink! HA! He turned on the water and held a spoon by the end of the handle pointing down and just barely put the back of the spoon in the stream of water and it sucked it in thus proving a theory he had about keeping a board on the water in very high wind. We still laugh about that to this day.......
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    we are, in fact, on for sometime in September.. :-)
    Hey Dave!
    That's so cool that you guys have obviously become friends and owe it all to GR! Good for you!
    team obnoxious

Custom for me! We've talked a couple of times already. You just tell him how much you weigh(180lbs), what size sail are you mostly going to use on it (4.5) and what kind of sailing do you do and where (Bump n Jump / Rio vista) Ya you can pick the kind of tail, rocker etc. but my thinking is, I know what I want to do with it and where, I'll let him decide what I need to do it. When me and my buddy were there about 15 years ago, we met him and he was talking "tech talk" with us about stuff and he finally said "Let's go back to the tank". Me and my buddy looked at each other and were thinking COOL! he's gonna show us some high tech hydro tank testing facility thingy-ma-bob or something. Soooo he took us back to his fuking shop sink! HA! He turned on the water and held a spoon by the end of the handle pointing down and just barely put the back of the spoon in the stream of water and it sucked it in thus proving a theory he had about keeping a board on the water in very high wind. We still laugh about that to this day.......
    So how long until it's done? You have to be anxious. You'll be like a kid on christmas morning when you're rigging the sail for your first ride, grinning from ear to ear I imagine.

Colors/design up to him as well? A a saddle shoe design? Of I would go with just plain white if he would knock the cost of the paint job off the total price.

So how long until it's done? You have to be anxious. You'll be like a kid on christmas morning when you're rigging the sail for your first ride, grinning from ear to ear I imagine.

Colors/design up to him as well? A a saddle shoe design? Of I would go with just plain white if he would knock the cost of the paint job off the total price.
    I probably won't get it until end of Sept - mid October. Unfortunatly Brian's closing his doors at the end of 2011 and the panic orders have already started rolling in. The season here has another spotty month. The best I can hope for is the storm fronts. As for colors we really haven't talked about that yet. I haven't seen any "custom" paint except for one Windance has/had that was listed as a little wave board. Of the 3 color choices he has on his site I kinda like the orange colored one the best. I've always like the Dill fish. I've airbrushed a couple on my garage wall around where I hang my boards but I doubt he would put a Dill logo on it even though Bob is long since gone out of business. Saddle Shoe? HA! no. I don't think so ;-)
    And yes, the first day I take that baby out I bet my nipples rip right through my wetsuit!!.......Crap I'm pretty pumped up just talking about it. I think in need to go rub one out............
    team obnoxious

I probably won't get it until end of Sept - mid October. Unfortunatly Brian's closing his doors at the end of 2011 and the panic orders have already started rolling in. The season here has another spotty month. The best I can hope for is the storm fronts. As for colors we really haven't talked about that yet. I haven't seen any "custom" paint except for one Windance has/had that was listed as a little wave board. Of the 3 color choices he has on his site I kinda like the orange colored one the best. I've always like the Dill fish. I've airbrushed a couple on my garage wall around where I hang my boards but I doubt he would put a Dill logo on it even though Bob is long since gone out of business. Saddle Shoe? HA! no. I don't think so ;-)
    And yes, the first day I take that baby out I bet my nipples rip right through my wetsuit!!.......Crap I'm pretty pumped up just talking about it. I think in need to go rub one out............
    Now this is starting to sound a little fishy. Are you sure this isn't the Brian that's involved with TGM Golf - the notorious golf equipment web-site guy? He ought to be closing his doors by then too.

I think a denim sail and saddle shoe color and profile for the board would be perfect for you.
    GR lives...

HEEEY FELLERS!
    Nice of you to drop in. I can see how windsurfing could be a distraction. Just don't paint a baby seal on the bottom. My board needs to be about 40+ feet, sorry. I was listing some guitars on the bay
    for my bro, and thought it's been awhile since a post. As I get older, it seems I require less and less rat, so enjoy.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

If you like I can have one of my board heads pick it up for you and abuse her for a day. Put a few scratches on it, a couple of compressions on the deck. Wear her in nice. That way you can just abuse her from the word go.

Seriously, I remember all the first rides I had with new boards. They all were memorable. No matter what they are fun. My best board I got the shiat kicked out of me by her the first round. this talk makes me want to take up surfing again.

Whoa dude!

At 1st I thought that these boards must be like the GFF Blades of windsurfing but now you're talking custom made I'm beginning to think they must be the Scratch wedges of windsurfing!

Whew - I'm impressed!

Now where the f#ck am I?

If you like I can have one of my board heads pick it up for you and abuse her for a day. Put a few scratches on it, a couple of compressions on the deck. Wear her in nice. That way you can just abuse her from the word go.

Seriously, I remember all the first rides I had with new boards. They all were memorable. No matter what they are fun. My best board I got the shiat kicked out of me by her the first round. this talk makes me want to take up surfing again.
    This is cool poe! I don't recall having avid sailors on GR. Although I'm kinda stickin' my neck out by buying this board without trying one first I'm sure it will work for me as it is a tried and true shape he's been doing for years. He's compensated for newer sail design by moving the mast track back, etc. To give you an example of the changes, my newest big board is 110 liters and 8' long! Short and WIDE. It's crazy! My other board is an old Fanatic Rat 102 liters and 9' 2". I use to get all my sails custom made with single and double cams (Sheldons) and went to Ezzys and rdm masts. How long have you been away from sailing?
    Hey boys. This is where poe use to sail. You gotta have some major wavoes do this. Bring back memories poe? That's an Open Ocean board. No he's not jumping the tug. You don't mess with those guys.......
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    Last edited by noshuz; 08-31-2010 at 05:03 AM.
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    Nice of you to drop in. I can see how windsurfing could be a distraction. Just don't paint a baby seal on the bottom. My board needs to be about 40+ feet, sorry. I was listing some guitars on the bay
    for my bro, and thought it's been awhile since a post. As I get older, it seems I require less and less rat, so enjoy.
    Hey 12sandy! Wacha sellin? I've got a 52' Tele reissue for sale. Along with alot of other gear.
    team obnoxious

This is cool poe! I don't recall having avid sailors on GR. Although I'm kinda stickin' my neck out by buying this board without trying one first I'm sure it will work for me as it is a tried and true shape he's been doing for years. He's compensated for newer sail design by moving the mast track back, etc. To give you an example of the changes, my newest big board is 110 liters and 8' long! Short and WIDE. It's crazy! My other board is an old Fanatic Rat 102 liters and 9' 2". I use to get all my sails custom made with single and double cams (Sheldons) and went to Ezzys and rdm masts. How long have you been away from sailing?
    Hey boys. This is where poe use to sail. You gotta have some major wavoes do this. Bring back memories poe? That's an Open Ocean board. No he's not jumping the tug. You don't mess with those guys.......
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    It's been 8 or 10 years, shiat maybe more years. Those fat wide tail boards with the flipped up nose were in the market for a year or two when I got out. In fact, kite boarding was just getting popular.

My wife had a close encounter with a barge. We were out on one of those days were the wind went from 18-24 knots and jumped up to over 30 knots. We were sailing near the event site, before it was the event site, right where the marina is. Anyway, she got overpowered and then had equipment malfunctions. Barge was coming up the channel and she was near the channel and getting blown out. The sheriff's boat was out rescuing people and then issuing tickets a $450 a pop. It was bleak but out of nowhere a zodiac with two bearded men showed up. There names were Elisha and some other biblical name. They rescued her and when they put her on dry land gave her a zip lock bag of Church of Nazarene propaganda and then zipped out to rescue another overpowered victim. About every other year someone gets chewed up dead by those tugs.

I consoled her, helped her to the truck and then promptly grabbed her sail and went back out. It was epic for about 40 minutes. Everyone but a few was in rigging smaller sails that had skills and I had the river to myself and few others. My wife and me were exactly 1 sail apart. So when the wind changed we could swap gear and only have to rig one sail. It really saved on sail costs. We had 3 mast, booms and a quiver of 5 sails from mid 5's down to a 2.8.

I miss it but it's a time commitment. It's about 45 minutes from my house to the George. Then sail and 45 minutes back. Plus loading gear, unloading gear etc. It's not that much time if you get to sail in good wind, otherwise it's basically a waste of the better part of a day. When you sail in the Gorge anything under 18 knots is just boring. If I'm rigging anything bigger than a 4.8 it's not fun. The Gorge is awesome though, westerly wind and an easterly current. The Hatchery, the Wall and a few other sites get some good swells, 4-6 feet on strong current days. It's really humbling there though. I would be out on a 4.8 and one of the pro's would go screaming by you with a 6.0 or larger sail. Technically I could never understand how they do it. I would be getting launched on the turns. Many, many trustifarians there; hood river and the surrounding area is a sausage town. I would estimate 5 guys to 1 girl and wouldn't be surprised if it was higher.

Hey Dave!
    That's so cool that you guys have obviously become friends and owe it all to GR! Good for you!
    we will officially be golf buddies when we've played twice. :-) But if he beats me, it will launch a lifetime of vengeful enmity.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

NICE! Ya I hate driving. It takes me 1 hour to get to Rio Vista and sometimes I can talk myself out of going pretty easily. Going after work gets me home about 7:30-8:00 and up at 4am to go to work. I use to to do it in a heartbeat. Rio can get big with shoulder high swells at times. The typical good day is 4.5 - 4.0 and if you sail it on an ebb tide is when you get the big rollers. The Ezzy sails and rdm masts I switched to are very different than the one and two cam sails I'm use to. 6.5, 5.5, 5.0 and 4.5. does it for me. With this new board, I've heard they give you so much control in overpowered conditions that I may have to get a 4.0. The Dill never hung in there very well once the wind started get upwards of 30 knots. Survival sailing when It gets like that.
    team obnoxious

NICE! Ya I hate driving. It takes me 1 hour to get to Rio Vista and sometimes I can talk myself out of going pretty easily. Going after work gets me home about 7:30-8:00 and up at 4am to go to work. I use to to do it in a heartbeat. Rio can get big with shoulder high swells at times. The typical good day is 4.5 - 4.0 and if you sail it on an ebb tide is when you get the big rollers. The Ezzy sails and rdm masts I switched to are very different than the one and two cam sails I'm use to. 6.5, 5.5, 5.0 and 4.5. does it for me. With this new board, I've heard they give you so much control in overpowered conditions that I may have to get a 4.0. The Dill never hung in there very well once the wind started get upwards of 30 knots. Survival sailing when It gets like that.
    Please post some pic's of the new board. What's the latest in the year you've sailed down there? I remember one year when I lived in bellingham I went out on new years day in mid 20 knot winds and it was about 38* out. The water is f'ing cold that far north. I was out for about 2 hours and could barely hold the boom. It's amazing how fast you pop back up on the board when the water is that cold. Some of those guys were properly equipped for the cold with dry suits, hoods, boots, and gloves. All I had was a steamer. Young and stupid.

Please post some pic's of the new board. What's the latest in the year you've sailed down there? I remember one year when I lived in bellingham I went out on new years day in mid 20 knot winds and it was about 38* out. The water is f'ing cold that far north. I was out for about 2 hours and could barely hold the boom. It's amazing how fast you pop back up on the board when the water is that cold. Some of those guys were properly equipped for the cold with dry suits, hoods, boots, and gloves. All I had was a steamer. Young and stupid.
    I've sailed late September on the "regular" Delta breeze SW. Anything after that is north and SE storm fronts at which time I go to a local lake to catch it. I picked up a 5/3 thats pretty toasty but ya, like you said, I'm not young and stupid anymore. I gave away my drysuit.
    I will definitely post pics. Hopefully getting my deposit in the mail tomorrow!
    team obnoxious

Hey 12sandy! Wacha sellin? I've got a 52' Tele reissue for sale. Along with alot of other gear.
    He's selling some acoustic electric stuff. A yamaha, Alvarez, and a dean. He's still got a couple early 60s fenders, and at least one old Martin. I,m just helping him out, listing some things. I,m done with golf for 6 more weeks, and have been struggling with the fact that I can do nothing to strenuous. So decided to finish an old drag car, mainly chasing parts, and getting my help to work on it. It's a little out of there comfort zone. My shops a little slow since school started, but I notice the schedules pretty full the next few weeks.

I've got new amp fever. I might be selling my old faithful Mesa 100w Trem-o-verb head. (for you non guitar folks, that isn't code for anything dirty.) I've had it for 15 years, and I love it, but I have been coveting the Mesa Road King series II head. It seems like the best amp ever. At $2500 it had better be. Welcome back Nosh. We need to start a guitar thread. (in the golf section, of course.)
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I've got new amp fever. I might be selling my old faithful Mesa 100w Trem-o-verb head. (for you non guitar folks, that isn't code for anything dirty.) I've had it for 15 years, and I love it, but I have been coveting the Mesa Road King series II head. It seems like the best amp ever. At $2500 it had better be. Welcome back Nosh. We need to start a guitar thread. (in the golf section, of course.)
    Thanks Homey! Ya I don't think we're pissin anybody off since this is only one thread and it has my name on it! Ya'll know I'm into too many things at once! My good buddy makes tube amps. The latest ones are like an overdriven Plexi I believe is what he said. His website is getting rebuilt. When he gets it done I'll give ya the link. I use to do his cabinets, tolex and grill cloth. We did Frank Hannons rigs, from Tesla but Marshall ended up shmoozing him back. But ya they're good enough to be on stage with the big boys.
    team obnoxious

Good idea. It would seem rather out of place in the Politics/Religion section.

Kinda like my MMA thread.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

OK Back to golf! I got a tee time Saturday at my favorite goat track. I've played a couple of times this summer at a little par 27 pitch n putt but beings that I haven't hit my driver in months I would imagine that I'm gonna freekin tear it up since I don't have ANY swing thoughts! Here we go again......
    team obnoxious

OK Back to golf! I got a tee time Saturday at my favorite goat track. I've played a couple of times this summer at a little par 27 pitch n putt but beings that I haven't hit my driver in months I would imagine that I'm gonna freekin tear it up since I don't have ANY swing thoughts! Here we go again......
    Remember turn, POST, swing.

Your divot will tell the story of your swing.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Remember turn, POST, swing.

Your divot will tell the story of your swing.
    Oh thanks Kiwi! Go ahead got those swing thoughts brewin'
    team obnoxious

Oh thanks Kiwi! Go ahead got those swing thoughts brewin'
    hey Noshuz, good to hear from you. I'm still licking my wounds. Can you believe Lorenzo lays a smack down on Sacramento when he lives in that hell hole named Los Angeles? Must be nice to live in a place with no trees and no English speaking citizens. The only good thing about Los Angeles is the number of golf stores.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    hey Noshuz, good to hear from you. I'm still licking my wounds. Can you believe Lorenzo lays a smack down on Sacramento when he lives in that hell hole named Los Angeles? Must be nice to live in a place with no trees and no English speaking citizens. The only good thing about Los Angeles is the number of golf stores.
    Seems you're a might sensitive about living in Sacramento, FD. Which I can understand. I don't think there was a smackdown, I merely pointed out Sacramento wasn't part of California. After all, it bears no resemblence to where most people in CA live. And noone ever chose to live in Sacto, they're either from there or a job forced them to go. At least if you drive a couple of hours, you can get to places people want to live in.

Not putting it down, these are just facts. And people choose to live in LA all the time. Although as fine as LA is, I don't live there, I live in Orange County. I chose to live there.

Just as you chose to leave that rat-hole (kidding) and move to San Diego.
    GR lives...

Hey Mon! Check your PM.....
    team obnoxious

Seems you're a might sensitive about living in Sacramento, FD. Which I can understand. I don't think there was a smackdown, I merely pointed out Sacramento wasn't part of California. After all, it bears no resemblence to where most people in CA live. And noone ever chose to live in Sacto, they're either from there or a job forced them to go. At least if you drive a couple of hours, you can get to places people want to live in.

Not putting it down, these are just facts. And people choose to live in LA all the time. Although as fine as LA is, I don't live there, I live in Orange County. I chose to live there.

Just as you chose to leave that rat-hole (kidding) and move to San Diego.
    Zo zo zo. Yer right MOST people do live in SCal! Too many people! Although the Sac area is getting pretty overpopulated.

That's the beauty of living in the Sac valley. 2 weekends ago we were at Santa Cruz beach and the following weekend we were camping in the Tahoe mountains! Both within 2-2 1/2 hours drive. This weekend it's wine tasting in the Plymouth / Eldorado Hills area. I drive an hour and get to one of the top 10 windsurfing spots in America!

Where can you get too within 2 hours? Tijuana? Nice! If you like Tequila, Skanky women and donkeys.....
    team obnoxious

And a welcome back to you as well FD. The forum is definately less lively without the world's greatest ball striker around. I was about to start a "Where's FD" thread. Thankfully you have returned, saving me valuable time which I will use to contemplate lunch options.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

And a welcome back to you as well FD. The forum is definately less lively without the world's greatest ball striker around. I was about to start a "Where's FD" thread. Thankfully you have returned, saving me valuable time which I will use to contemplate lunch options.
    What? FD was gone too? Windsurfing too I suppose.....
    team obnoxious

What? FD was gone too? Windsurfing too I suppose.....
    His hiatus was much more brief than yours. I don't know about Cali, but around here (NC) , FD's absence only coincides with the peak season of competitive sweating. In a related story, hurricane Earl knocked at least 7 leaves off of my Crepe Myrtle tree. Where was FEMA damnit?! I am accepting donations, in lieu of cash, ProVs or cocaine is acceptable.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

His hiatus was much more brief than yours. I don't know about Cali, but around here (NC) , FD's absence only coincides with the peak season of competitive sweating. In a related story, hurricane Earl knocked at least 7 leaves off of my Crepe Myrtle tree. Where was FEMA damnit?! I am accepting donations, in lieu of cash, ProVs or cocaine is acceptable.
    7 leaves!!?? Crap! I hope you have home owners insurance.
    team obnoxious

Zo zo zo. Yer right MOST people do live in SCal! Too many people! Although the Sac area is getting pretty overpopulated.

That's the beauty of living in the Sac valley. 2 weekends ago we were at Santa Cruz beach and the following weekend we were camping in the Tahoe mountains! Both within 2-2 1/2 hours drive. This weekend it's wine tasting in the Plymouth / Eldorado Hills area. I drive an hour and get to one of the top 10 windsurfing spots in America!

Where can you get too within 2 hours? Tijuana? Nice! If you like Tequila, Skanky women and donkeys.....
    Look, it's really this simple: you have the cows, we have the p.ussy.
    GR lives...

Hey peo4soul !!!

Hey Fellers!
    How's everybody doin? Has peo4soul been around? He wanted to see a couple pics of the new baby.
    I guess it's back to golf until next sailing season or the next storm front comes thru.
    Hit 'em long and straight!!

And yes, those are the infamous SADDLE SHUZ the picture. hehehehe!
    team obnoxious

Hey Fellers!
    How's everybody doin? Has peo4soul been around?!
    Poe might have been a casualty in the recent wave of sudden unjust GR bans. Horseballs was banned, then unbanned, Lorenzo has been banned, but not reinstated yet. I'm glad to see that your ban has been lifted. I really shouldn't be discussing this. If I disappear, you know what happened.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Hey Fellers!
    How's everybody doin? Has peo4soul been around? He wanted to see a couple pics of the new baby.
    I guess it's back to golf until next sailing season or the next storm front comes thru.

Nice touch Shuz, makes it a legit golf forum post.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Poe might have been a casualty in the recent wave of sudden unjust GR bans. Horseballs was banned, then unbanned, Lorenzo has been banned, but not reinstated yet. I'm glad to see that your ban has been lifted. I really shouldn't be discussing this. If I disappear, you know what happened.
    Banned? I was never banned. I just haven't been around. Crap! How can Zo n Poe be banned? You gotta be a real nasty arse to be banned from here! Do we have an overly zealous moderator now?
    team obnoxious

Hey Fellers!

Sick board noshuz. Do you get to show of those reds and yellows much? Pretty cool paint with the blue dark on top and bright on the bottom. I bet it flashes those bright colors on the water in turns, bumps and jumps.

What's the ride like?

Hey Poe!
    It's the first time I ever got on a board and felt comfortable right outta the gate! I thought I was going to have to mess with different fins and positions etc.but all I did was move the mast base back an inch from where I started and that was it. Like I said it was blowing 10-35 mph and raining sideways so not very user friendly. I've ridden a trifin board before and really felt the drag and turbulence but none what so ever on this board. It just felt grippy but yet loose at the same time if that makes sense. It's going to be a perfect Rio Vista board for me which is like a mini Gorge. You know the conditions I'm talking about. Full on Bump n Jump. 8' 2" 80+ -ltrs. and about 19 pounds. That extra weight is because this thing is a bomb proof carbon composite / epoxy made board built for Gorge conditions. It's gonna be a long wait for next season but I'll for sure be hitting the storm fronts this winter!
    team obnoxious

Not banned...kidnapped.
    GR lives...

Not banned...kidnapped.
    HA! There he is. Howya doin' Zo? Kidnapped? What was her name you dawg!?
    team obnoxious

HA! There he is. Howya doin' Zo? Kidnapped? What was her name you dawg!?
    They all have names. Doing a little travel and hanging out some in Hawaii. Conditions have been great for windsurfing. Even here on the south shore of Kauai. Alot of stuff has been coming in from the central Pacific while at the same time the Northern stuff has been coming in too. Even the old, wily guys are scratching their heads.
    GR lives...

They all have names. Doing a little travel and hanging out some in Hawaii. Conditions have been great for windsurfing. Even here on the south shore of Kauai. Alot of stuff has been coming in from the central Pacific while at the same time the Northern stuff has been coming in too. Even the old, wily guys are scratching their heads.
    If you live there, you can play the Wailua course for 40.00 dollars a month. Such a pretty place. The garden island.

If you live there, you can play the Wailua course for 40.00 dollars a month. Such a pretty place. The garden island.
    One of these days. Poipu Bay is closed so maybe next trip which is next week.
    GR lives...

Question

One of these days. Poipu Bay is closed so maybe next trip which is next week.
    I heard the Makai course closed, I'm not sure if it's permanent. I enjoyed that course last time I was there. The clubhouse was a mess, and in need of some serious repairs.

I heard the Makai course closed, I'm not sure if it's permanent. I enjoyed that course last time I was there. The clubhouse was a mess, and in need of some serious repairs.
    It may be the Garden Island, but it sure doesn't favor golf course grasses. I'll be near Kiahuna and that's not a bad play with a local feel. Haven't played Makai yet which I think is now open after the re-design but coming from the south shore, the only thing that makes it worth the drive is the surfing, since it will probably be raining.

The Nicklaus courses are open now which is great if you like playing next to the airport underneath the flight path. I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.
    GR lives...

It may be the Garden Island, but it sure doesn't favor golf course grasses. I'll be near Kiahuna and that's not a bad play with a local feel. Haven't played Makai yet which I think is now open after the re-design but coming from the south shore, the only thing that makes it worth the drive is the surfing, since it will probably be raining.

The Nicklaus courses are open now which is great if you like playing next to the airport underneath the flight path. I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.
    The jungle is in constant battle, with the golf courses. Thats amazing to me, how the weather on a 20 by 30 mile island can be so diverse. North shore has to be one of the wettest places on earth. You get around the south shore its almost, always dry. You get up around Waimea canyon, at the higher elevations. its in the 50s. Whats the course right in or around Lihuie? The locals claimed you need to play. It sounded like a local goatrack, one hole you hit down several hundred feet. I,ve stayed at the cliffs in Pinceville, Hanalei bay a couple of minutes away. The courses around there are out of sight on there prices. I found getting away from Princeville, was a welcome change. You want to open a barbeque chicken restaurant there Zo? I,ll go in halves with you. Island snacks are everywhere.

The jungle is in constant battle, with the golf courses. Thats amazing to me, how the weather on a 20 by 30 mile island can be so diverse. North shore has to be one of the wettest places on earth. You get around the south shore its almost, always dry. You get up around Waimea canyon, at the higher elevations. its in the 50s. Whats the course right in or around Lihuie? The locals claimed you need to play. It sounded like a local goatrack, one hole you hit down several hundred feet. I,ve stayed at the cliffs in Pinceville, Hanalei bay a couple of minutes away. The courses around there are out of sight on there prices. I found getting away from Princeville, was a welcome change. You want to open a barbeque chicken restaurant there Zo? I,ll go in halves with you. Island snacks are everywhere.
    Puakea is the course in Lihue you're referring to. It is a worthwhile play. You start off on holes that look like a municipal park adjacent to a visible Costco with greens and flags seemingly just stuck into the ground. But pretty soon you're in the jungle with a run of really cool holes that are carved into a Jurassic park-like set. Dominating the front nine is a mountainous ridge, the main peak of which has natural features that look exactly like Bart Simpson in the morning light. In the afternoon he disappears.

The Princeville course is a great disappointment. Aside from the weather, there just aren't alot of strong holes and it's almost always in bad shape. I never bring my sticks to the North Shore because of that, and I'm there alot.

The variation in climate is part of what I love so much about Hawaii. On Kauai, the wettest place on earth isn't far from one of the driest. In between is a gorge that looks alot like the Grand Canyon both in terms of scope and appearance.

I've thought for a long time about doing the restaurant thing. Even though most fail, I've always believed it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. My place is often similar to a restaurant at dinner with friends waiting as I cook, and they push me in that direction as long as I don't charge them for dinner. Maybe at some point I will but unless you're established in Hawaii there are too many ways to trip it seems. Hawaii is a little like a third world country with tourists.
    GR lives...

Puakea is the course in Lihue you're referring to. It is a worthwhile play. You start off on holes that look like a municipal park adjacent to a visible Costco with greens and flags seemingly just stuck into the ground. But pretty soon you're in the jungle with a run of really cool holes that are carved into a Jurassic park-like set. Dominating the front nine is a mountainous ridge, the main peak of which has natural features that look exactly like Bart Simpson in the morning light. In the afternoon he disappears.

The Princeville course is a great disappointment. Aside from the weather, there just aren't alot of strong holes and it's almost always in bad shape. I never bring my sticks to the North Shore because of that, and I'm there alot.

The variation in climate is part of what I love so much about Hawaii. On Kauai, the wettest place on earth isn't far from one of the driest. In between is a gorge that looks alot like the Grand Canyon both in terms of scope and appearance.

I've thought for a long time about doing the restaurant thing. Even though most fail, I've always believed it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. My place is often similar to a restaurant at dinner with friends waiting as I cook, and they push me in that direction as long as I don't charge them for dinner. Maybe at some point I will but unless you're established in Hawaii there are too many ways to trip it seems. Hawaii is a little like a third world country with tourists.
    Puakea, thats it. What I meant about restaurant was, there,s chickens everywhere on that island. Even when I spent the day in Waimea canyon that gorge your taking about, gorgeous place, middle of nowhwehere, hiking trails, scenic overlooks, waterfalls there were chickens. I had a bag of doritos, or fritos, and could get those chickens to come up and eat out my hand. Ala the Chicken resaurant. We could call it, Island snacks. Catering,. Right on the beach set up, and our daily catch from our rented suv awd for chicken apprehension, thats usually what I rent when I,m there anyways. We just need a place to keep the chickens, you know pen them up, kinda fatten them up a bit.
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 11-11-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Puakea, thats it. What I meant about restaurant was, there,s chickens everywhere on that island. Even when I spent the day in Waimea canyon that gorge your taking about, gorgeous place, middle of nowhwehere, hiking trails, scenic overlooks, waterfalls there were chickens. I had a bag of doritos, or fritos, and could get those chickens to come up and eat out my hand. Ala the Chicken resaurant. We could call it, Island snacks. Catering,. Right on the beach set up, and our daily catch from our rented suv awd for chicken apprehension, thats usually what I rent when I,m there anyways. We just need a place to keep the chickens, you know pen them up, kinda fatten them up a bit.
    Ah, the chickens. There are plenty of granola fed locals that would completely freak if you even chased one of them. Someone went on a killing spree a few years back and it was as though an endangered specie.was being destroyed.

But I'm sure I could find a good recipe. What I'd like to know is how they survive the hurricanes.
    GR lives...

Thread Information