|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

A little time off

I recently had a hernia repaired' ventral umbilical' . Down for 8 weeks, no driving cars for 2 weeks. I,m sore, but already going stir crazy. Thinking of asking if I can putt, and progress to light chipping. The weakest part of my game. Slowing down my swing lately, brought my scores down lately , before the surgery, I played 3 days in a row, and my putting and chipping sucked.
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 08-21-2010 at 06:17 AM.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    I recently had a hernia repaired' ventral umbilical' . Down for 8 weeks, no driving cars for 2 weeks. I,m sore, but already going stir crazy. Thinking of asking if I can putt, and progress to light chipping. The weakest part of my game. Slowing down my swing lately, brought my scores down lately , before the surgery, I played 3 days in a row, and my putting and chipping sucked.
    8 weeks is a long time. too bad it couldn't have waited until the winter. It's easy to say and probably harder to do but I wouldn't push it for fear of damaging the repair. Seems like putting and chipping wouldn't be too much especially if you putted/chipped to a tee or something and not the hole so you wouldn't have to bend over.

I am out for 8 weeks also, I had my right hip resurfaced on August 9th, Doc says crutches for 4 weeks, no driving a car for 4 weeks, chipping and putting maybe at 6 weeks ARGH!!!!. Let me know how the recovery goes. Any body else have recent surgery and on the road to recovery? Especially hip surgery. Hernia etc. how long did it take to get you’re game back? Sorry I am not trying to hijack thread.
    Taylormade R7 425-
    Taylormade R5Dual-15*
    3 - E : Hogan Apex TT DG S300
    52/56/60 Hogan Riviera
    Ping Anser 2 85068
    _ Prov1______________________________

Ah well you are out for 8 weeks and it sounds like you need the practice so a little chipping and putting might be ideal to keep you sane during your down time and improve your short game when you come back.

Good luck with your recuperation, make sure you check with the Doc first!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    I'm not a doctor -- I don't even play one on television, but my take would be that if you've been cleared to walk and bend over, then you certainly putt and chip; if you keep the chipping chipping and don't try to stretch it to short pitches.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    8 weeks is a long time. too bad it couldn't have waited until the winter. It's easy to say and probably harder to do but I wouldn't push it for fear of damaging the repair. Seems like putting and chipping wouldn't be too much especially if you putted/chipped to a tee or something and not the hole so you wouldn't have to bend over.
    I filed the claim under my work comp insurance, that I pay dearly for. But the beauty is they pay 100 percent, and I may get some pay reimbursed. But I filed nearly 2 years ago and the clock was ticking down. I would have loved to put it off another 2 months. I,ve had everyone I golf with, stop by for the last few days. Nice of them, all whining they miss me. Well my wifes worrried shes going to hurt me, so I told her lets play a minute to win it. Later
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Ah well you are out for 8 weeks and it sounds like you need the practice so a little chipping and putting might be ideal to keep you sane during your down time and improve your short game when you come back.

Good luck with your recuperation, make sure you check with the Doc first!
    The best golfer I've ever known told me that when he was in his early 20s he had some sort of accident where he broke both his arms, and had them in plaster for about 6 weeks. He said that during his recovery all he did was practice his chipping and putting, and because of the casts his arms and wrists stayed perfectly straight. That guys is the best chipper and putter I've ever seen, even including the club pros I've known.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Tough going, 12. How long before you can have sex again? How about rough sex? Not a solicitation, I just know from where my compassion comes.

Also curious, do you have someone attractive helping you with the bed pan? This is an area where I had unresolvable mixed feelings during my stay. Given your delicate situation I imagine things could take quite a long time.

I do hope you're doing ok through this.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Tough going, 12. How long before you can have sex again? How about rough sex? Not a solicitation, I just know from where my compassion comes.

Also curious, do you have someone attractive helping you with the bed pan? This is an area where I had unresolvable mixed feelings during my stay. Given your delicate situation I imagine things could take quite a long time.

I do hope you're doing ok through this.
    You should have been there. As they were prepping me before surgery my wife was by my side, with a hot nurse, with the same name as hers. Thank god for small miracles, that got engorged. They said something about my blood pressure being high, but a perfect heart rate.

You should have been there. As they were prepping me before surgery my wife was by my side, with a hot nurse, with the same name as hers. Thank god for small miracles, that got engorged. They said something about my blood pressure being high, but a perfect heart rate.
    That's a truly bittersweet story that brings a tear to my eye, thinking about my own previously unaccomplished fantasies.
    GR lives...

Thank god for small miracles, that got engorged. .
    Speak for yourself. when that happens to me it's a LARGE miracle.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I had an inguinal hernia repaired a few years ago. Before the surgery I told the Doctor I was a golfer and asked how long before I could play again. He was a golfer as well. He told me when I felt up to it I could swing a club in the back yard. He said if it hurts, to try again in a few days. He also asked if I was a picker or a digger (I'm more of a picker) which may have influenced his answer. If I recall correctly, I was down at the local pitch and putt ten days after the surgery. I played a full round one week after that. In hindsight, it was too early for the full round as I did tear one of the stitches out.

It's best to fully recover before you push too hard. I had to take an additional couple weeks before I played another full round. I understand the frustration of waiting.

Very early in my golfing experience, I played with a scratch player. He told me that not many people are capable of becomming a great ball striker, but EVERYONE is capable of becomming a great putter.

With that, my advice to you is to practice putting.

I,m bored....................... I sure would like to play a round.

I,m bored....................... I sure would like to play a round.

http://tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/preview2

Best you can probably do for now. Sign up - it's free.

Hey, it's something. Just trying to help you scratch the itch.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Thread Information