|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

My swing from PW to Driver

...with a few steps in between...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF9KmZK7Jcs
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Cool video. It'd be more helpful if we could get different angles.
    TaylorMade Burner HT
    TaylorMade Rescue 3 & 4
    King Cobra SS 350 10.5
    Mizuno Pro GT-201 Putter

10 years away from the game cost me 20 strokes!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handicap: 32.7 | GIR: 23% | FH: 31% | Scrambling: 19% | Putts/ Hole: 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by vancitygolfer
    Cool video. It'd be more helpful if we could get different angles.
    I'd planned to get some face on shots as well, but the range was too busy... ...the only place for the camera was the bench behind me.

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

You just been to a wedding or something Alan? I've heard for Canadians shirts with buttons on them are for special occassions only.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    ...with a few steps in between...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF9KmZK7Jcs
    You've been playing too much golf lately because it looks like you are losing weight

Good video and you have nice swing tempo and posture. However it appears that you are aligned to a target that looks like the 5th net pole from the right edge of the shot but almost all your shots start 3 or 4 poles to the left as if you are either playing for cut fades or pulling the shots. It could be the camera lens parallex effect or your swing.

...]
    LATE every swing! Use decent swing analysis software and watch your downswing. The clubshaft appears between your shoulder and your neck because you failed to shift your weight and lead with your hips ahead of your shoulders and arms--You are always LATE. Watch Tiger or Sergio or any decent golfer. The shaft "flattens" and appears between their elbow and their shoulder. Lower is better.

If you were hitting on grass you would see the very shallow or non-existent divot. You decelerate because you are late.

Save up some money or borrow from your mother and take a lesson. Learn to shift, then swing. Do the perpetual motion drill before you hit balls. You could thumb over to the Richmond Hills Golf Center and take a lesson from Shawn Clement!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJV7lz7QpSA

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 08-25-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    LATE every swing! The clubshaft appears between your shoulder and your neck because you failed to shift your weight and lead with your hips ahead of your shoulders and arms--You are always LATE. Watch Tiger or Sergio or any decent golfer. The shaft appears between their elbow and their shoulder. Lower is better.

If you were hitting on grass you would see the very shallow on non-existent divot. You decelerate because you are late.

Save up some money and take a lesson. Learn to shift, then swing. Do the perpetual motion drill before you hit balls.

Larry
    I'm picturing Larry lying on the floor kicking and throwing a tantrum just before and just after he typed this.

Try and be paient, Larry, Barney will be on soon.
    GR lives...

I saw a weight shift in all of his swings. Just because he's not sliding out over the ball or squatting doesn't mean there's not a weight shift.

What do you mean by "late?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    I saw a weight shift in all of his swings. Just because he's not sliding out over the ball or squatting doesn't mean there's not a weight shift.

What do you mean by "late?"

Watch Shawn Clement explain. In order to enable us to accelerate the clubhead through on a downward path and create the divot in FRONT of the ball, our weight needs to be down on the front heel LONG before the downswing begins so that the hip turn toward the target and hips lead the shoulders and arms--creating the "Separation" that is so highly prized by good golfers. Separation creates clubhead speed.

AB leads his downswing with shoulders and arms, no shift in advance, no separation, no acceleration, no divot. A "late" weight shift is meaningless. In fact it is better for consistency to just stand there with NO weight shift.

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocVtx3paenY

This man has no front leg. Pretty sure he can take a divot in front of the ball without shifting weight to his non-existant left heel. If the ball is before the low point in the swing, you can still manage to make ball before turf contact weight shift or not.

LATE every swing! Use decent swing analysis software and watch your downswing. The clubshaft appears between your shoulder and your neck because you failed to shift your weight and lead with your hips ahead of your shoulders and arms--You are always LATE. Watch Tiger or Sergio or any decent golfer. The shaft "flattens" and appears between their elbow and their shoulder. Lower is better.
    Larry: you do understand that you can pause video, right? Pause it at impact in my swing. Where is my right heel?

The club appears between my shoulder and neck because the camera is only two feet off the ground and about 7 feet behind me. In other words, it's looking up.

If you were hitting on grass you would see the very shallow or non-existent divot. You decelerate because you are late.
    LOL

Save up some money or borrow from your mother and take a lesson. Learn to shift, then swing. Do the perpetual motion drill before you hit balls. You could thumb over to the Richmond Hills Golf Center and take a lesson from Shawn Clement!
    You imagine that Richmond Hills, Ontario is only a few miles from Vancouver...

...British Columbia?

LOL

And if you think it's such a bad swing, offer me a big enough bet and I'll come down and show it to you. Straight up match. Aren't you feeling "froggy" enough yet?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Watch Shawn Clement explain. In order to enable us to accelerate the clubhead through on a downward path and create the divot in FRONT of the ball, our weight needs to be down on the front heel LONG before the downswing begins so that the hip turn toward the target and hips lead the shoulders and arms--creating the "Separation" that is so highly prized by good golfers. Separation creates clubhead speed.
    I know all about that...

....which is why I could out drive you with my 3 hybrid.

AB leads his downswing with shoulders and arms, no shift in advance, no separation, no acceleration, no divot. A "late" weight shift is meaningless. In fact it is better for consistency to just stand there with NO weight shift.
    LOL

My last two 9s have been a 39 and a 40, and I took divots after the ball everywhere.

Face it Larry: I can play this game and you.... ...can't.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Good swing AlanG. I agree with Mongrel that some look like pulls, but it might just be the camera angle. As far as Larry's comments, it's hard to tell in real time if URLate. This is an excellent way to look at a swing rather than just one good swing. Your moves seem really consistent. Nice haircut, ya sellout.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

We could see his sequence better from a face-on view. And of course AB is reluctant to post that view. It would be obvious whether he is shifting BEFORE his shoulders come around--or not.

AB has admitted that he cannot make a divot in front of a ball on grass-- and that is a strong additional symptom that he is late, that like 99% of amateurs, he has never learned to make the transition weight shift. Divots don't lie. He also had a tendency to setup with the clubface closed and pull-hook, which is another symptom of LATE. His subconscious mind knows he might slice, so he starts his backswing with the clubhead closed. Good golfers can address with the clubface OPEN, swing through from inside-to-out, and still turn the ball to the inside, draw. The golf swing is "turn, POST, swing." Three distinct and separate moves. AB turns and swings, no discernable shift until after the ball is gone. LATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-U0WCC2Wf8

I will shoot another clip like this on grass so the divot can be seen.

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 08-25-2010 at 09:37 AM.

"AB has admitted that he cannot make a divot in front of a ball on grass-- and that is a strong additional symptom that he is late, that like 99% of amateurs, he has never learned to make the transition weight shift. Divots don't lie. He also had a tendency to setup with the clubface closed and pull-hook, which is another symptom of LATE. His subconscious mind knows he might slice, so he starts his backswing with the clubhead closed"

He's said several times that he CAN take a divot. He's said it a few times just in the last few topics he's been posting replies. Setting up with the club face closed or open, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is how the face return to the ball in relation to the path of the club.

We could see his sequence better from a face-on view. And of course AB is reluctant to post that view. It would be obvious whether he is shifting BEFORE his shoulders come around--or not.
    Which is why you avoided any comment on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvSx5G5HmX4

or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFyObjJpl9M

AB has admitted that he cannot make a divot in front of a ball on grass-- and that is a strong additional symptom that he is late, that like 99% of amateurs, he has never learned to make the transition weight shift.
    Where am I supposed to have admitted this?

Divots don't lie.
    Scores don't lie.

He also had a tendency to setup with the clubface closed and pull-hook, which is another symptom of LATE. His subconscious mind knows he might slice, so he starts his backswing with the clubhead closed.
    I setup with the clubface square, actually.

Good golfers can address with the clubface OPEN, swing through from inside-to-out, and still turn the ball to the inside, draw.
    They can -- I can, but...

...why would I want to.

The golf swing is "turn, POST, swing." Three distinct and separate moves. AB turns and swings, no discernable shift until after the ball is gone. LATE
    No discernable shift except for my right heel being off the ground at impact, you mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-U0WCC2Wf8

I will shoot another clip like this on grass so the divot can be seen.
    Good. Because all you're proving there is that you can hit a ball of a mat that lets you hit hugely fat.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Good swing AlanG. I agree with Mongrel that some look like pulls, but it might just be the camera angle. As far as Larry's comments, it's hard to tell in real time if URLate. This is an excellent way to look at a swing rather than just one good swing. Your moves seem really consistent. Nice haircut, ya sellout.
    Yeah. I saw that it looked that way too...

...but from looking down on my setup, I think all my lines are good...

...and the ball goes where I aimed, so...

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Hey Alan, would you like a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for a change? Perhaps a little breath of fresh air instead of the lingering odor Larry keeps leaving behind?

Here's what I'm seeing, and I'm quite sure the camera position has a bit to do with it, but it also makes what I'm about to point out a bit more obvious - at least to me.

Your club is laid off quite a bit at the top of your backswing, however that isn't easily apparent because you also take the club quite a bit back past parallel. You'll see what I mean if you stop the video right at the top of your backswing - club shaft is way beyond parallel, but the shaft plane is tilted way above the initial shaft plane you're setting at address. Do you see it?

I take the club quite a ways past parallel at the top of my backswing as well, as do many folks... so I doubt it's having any major influence. The laid off shaft plane however, is likely having a detrimental impact on both your power and consistency. If you can work the club shaft all the way back while retaining the same shaft plane you're setting initially at address, you'll be putting more of your effort back into the correct vector on the way back to the ball, which will translate into a more consistent and powerful strike with no extra effort required on your part.

For comparison - here's one of my old videos.

Check out the shaft plane both at the top of the backswing and at the finish - see how close it matches the shaft plane at address? That is a hallmark of an efficient use of effort and energy. Think of it like driving a nail with a hammer. The hammer only hinges along a single axis, and it never rotates off at a perpendicular to the axis of motion. All the energy is directed forward, through the plane of the handle/shaft.

Get that club in a more powerful posture at the top and you'll basically gain an extra club worth of power - absolutely free.

Hope that helps.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Hey Alan, would you like a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for a change? Perhaps a little breath of fresh air instead of the lingering odor Larry keeps leaving behind?

Here's what I'm seeing, and I'm quite sure the camera position has a bit to do with it, but it also makes what I'm about to point out a bit more obvious - at least to me.

Your club is laid off quite a bit at the top of your backswing, however that isn't easily apparent because you also take the club quite a bit back past parallel. You'll see what I mean if you stop the video right at the top of your backswing - club shaft is way beyond parallel, but the shaft plane is tilted way above the initial shaft plane you're setting at address. Do you see it?

I take the club quite a ways past parallel at the top of my backswing as well, as do many folks... so I doubt it's having any major influence. The laid off shaft plane however, is likely having a detrimental impact on both your power and consistency. If you can work the club shaft all the way back while retaining the same shaft plane you're setting initially at address, you'll be putting more of your effort back into the correct vector on the way back to the ball, which will translate into a more consistent and powerful strike with no extra effort required on your part.

For comparison - here's one of my old videos.

Check out the shaft plane both at the top of the backswing and at the finish - see how close it matches the shaft plane at address? That is a hallmark of an efficient use of effort and energy. Think of it like driving a nail with a hammer. The hammer only hinges along a single axis, and it never rotates off at a perpendicular to the axis of motion. All the energy is directed forward, through the plane of the handle/shaft.

Get that club in a more powerful posture at the top and you'll basically gain an extra club worth of power - absolutely free.

Hope that helps.

FON
    I know the GR findings are fairly clear when it comes ot jeans and saddle shoes, but we have never discussed the sartorial merits or otherwise of blue turtle neck skivys. I know you're Canadian so you have an excuse, but this takes bad taste to a whole new level.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

A Youtube video of a golf swing at full speed in poor light and with a low quality video camera is nearly impossible to analyze--too fast and too grainy. Shoot it from the back in slow motion or from the front so we can see your weight shift, hip turn, and shoulder sequence.

Better yet, do it in front of a teaching pro and tell us what he said.

BTW getting the club off plane on top is inconsequential-IF the correct moves start your downswing. For instance, Couples puts the club and his back elbow is what every teaching pro would say is an impossible position-- but then what happens?

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 08-25-2010 at 02:27 PM.

A Youtube video of a golf swing at full speed in poor light and with a low quality video camera is nearly impossible to analyze--too fast and too grainy. Shoot it from the back in slow motion or from the front so we can see your weight shift, hip turn, and shoulder sequence.
    And yet you had not trouble categorically claiming that I was "late", so how did you make that determination?

You're really not to good at the whole prevarication thing, Larry. Which is odd, considering the amount of practice you've had...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I know the GR findings are fairly clear when it comes ot jeans and saddle shoes, but we have never discussed the sartorial merits or otherwise of blue turtle neck skivys. I know you're Canadian so you have an excuse, but this takes bad taste to a whole new level.

Hey now, that's not a turtleneck (though I do admit to wearing them occasionally) it's a half-zip sweater. No saddle shoes either, those are my hiking shoes. It's not like I wear that stuff to the course... I was in my backyard half an hour before supper on a chilly autumn afternoon. Cut me a little slack there Mr. Sheriff of the Fashion Police.

Besides, it's nothing that hasn't been seen before. I've posted that exact video here quite a few times.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Better yet, do it in front of a teaching pro and tell us what he said.

BTW getting the club off plane on top is inconsequential-IF the correct moves start your downswing. For instance, Couples puts the club and his back elbow is what every teaching pro would say is an impossible position-- but then what happens?

Larry

I guess I was moving a bit too fast for ya there, eh?

Three of my buddies are CPGA pros, I'm just doing something we all learned to do a very long time ago, growing up playing together. One of them (a lefty) generates even more power than I do, and hits it MILES past me. He'd probably say something like "Nice swing, you pansy".

As per your last point - have you ever split firewood before? Used a hammer to drive nails? Probably not... so maybe you don't understand. Try this : get a 2x4, a hammer, and a nail. Hold the nail on the board as if you were going to drive it into the board. Now take the hammer and twirl it like a baton as you swing it toward the head of the nail. You can tell me what happened after the bandages come off your fingers, then we'll discuss WHY you shouldn't do it like that. Same thing applies in the golf swing if you ever want the sweet spot of your club to regularly come into contact with the ball.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

overall... i am very dissapointed with the swings and knowledge of our so called "better players"

honestly FON... it looks like you hit it 250

alan... not a fan of your action, but it wouldn't take much to clean it up a lot...

lairy.... its pointless for me to comment

seriously guys i mean what do any one of you do for a living?? your not golf professionals so PLEASE quit giving advice it's not right at all... I'm not a doctor, therefore I don't give out prescriptions... ya'll aren't golf pro's so don't give out information

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    overall... i am very dissapointed with the swings and knowledge of our so called "better players"

honestly FON... it looks like you hit it 250

alan... not a fan of your action, but it wouldn't take much to clean it up a lot...

lairy.... its pointless for me to comment

seriously guys i mean what do any one of you do for a living?? your not golf professionals so PLEASE quit giving advice it's not right at all... I'm not a doctor, therefore I don't give out prescriptions... ya'll aren't golf pro's so don't give out information

Now let's be clear on this, I never ever claimed to be one of the "better" players on this site. Longer - yes, but not better. I can get around in the mid 70's on a good day.

It looks like I hit it 250, huh? Why is that, because I don't look like I'm swinging my guts out and I'm not falling over? Maybe there's something to this "efficiency" thing I'm claiming to know a bit about... I've seen your swing, and I guarantee I could blast it 40 yards past you with ease, but hey, you're the pro, not me... I must have a defective GPS unit.

I should probably also stop parroting the advice of my teaching pro friends too since you don't agree with me/them. Odd that the one of them who hits it longest was the one who taught me most of what I know, including the importance of the plane alignment concept... I played with the guy 3 times a week for 5 years. He has the same job you do. He can drive a ball 370+ on command with whatever shape you choose. But I shouldn't listen to him - I should trust some stranger on the internet who teaches one of those "gimmick-of-the-week" method swings.

You are so effin' full of yourself sometimes... I'm sure if people wanted your help specifically they'd show up and pay for a lesson, or at least ask for your advice personally.

Damn, dude. Take a number, get in line.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Now let's be clear on this, I never ever claimed to be one of the "better" players on this site. Longer - yes, but not better. I can get around in the mid 70's on a good day.

It looks like I hit it 250, huh? Why is that, because I don't look like I'm swinging my guts out and I'm not falling over? Maybe there's something to this "efficiency" thing I'm claiming to know a bit about... I've seen your swing, and I guarantee I could blast it 40 yards past you with ease, but hey, you're the pro, not me... I must have a defective GPS unit.

I should probably also stop parroting the advice of my teaching pro friends too since you don't agree with me/them. Odd that the one of them who hits it longest was the one who taught me most of what I know, including the importance of the plane alignment concept... I played with the guy 3 times a week for 5 years. He has the same job you do. He can drive a ball 370+ on command with whatever shape you choose. But I shouldn't listen to him - I should trust some stranger on the internet who teaches one of those "gimmick-of-the-week" method swings.

You are so effin' full of yourself sometimes... I'm sure if people wanted your help specifically they'd show up and pay for a lesson, or at least ask for your advice personally.

Damn, dude. Take a number, get in line.

FON
    it has nothing to do with how hard you swing it has to do with the fact of IN-effeciency... for you hips turn too level, as do your shoulders, you lose angles you need too quickly, you lack linkage just to name a few... but hey i'm just looking at your swing online ive never seen it in person...

as for me you'd have to get it past 360 to out drive me by 40... if you dont believe that i have my numbers from TM, Trackman, Vector, and Flight-Scope that all confirm it... but hey whatever...

as of being full of myself... that's cool that's your opinion but hey in this industry you have to be confident, because who's gonna pay to get lessons from a pro who they doubt know what he's talking about... the stuff we teach is so controversial you have to be confident, because no one believes you at first. they quote teachers like harmon, or ledbetter who have absolutely no clue... what i teach goes against the grain, which is typical for things that are truly correct...

won't ever claim to know it all, and wont ever claim that i can't learn something from someone but when information is blatantly wrong i will call you out on it... i dont put up with stuff like that, if that makes you mad... heh i dont really care...

I hit old used Titlist NXTs about 220 and sometimes roll out to 240. They go straight. They stay out of the woods and OB. Good enough.

Keep it in perspective, its just a hobby sport. The guy who throws 90% ringers is FAR better at his sport than ANYONE is at golf. But he is still a UPS driver.

larry

I hit old used Titlist NXTs about 220 and sometimes roll out to 240. They go straight. They stay out of the woods and OB. Good enough.
    "Old used NXTs", Larry. If it were truly "good enough", why mention it?

Sounds like someone's already making excuses.

Keep it in perspective, its just a hobby sport. The guy who throws 90% ringers is FAR better at his sport than ANYONE is at golf. But he is still a UPS driver.
    And you still be telling him that you knew more about it than he did...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

it has nothing to do with how hard you swing it has to do with the fact of IN-effeciency... for you hips turn too level, as do your shoulders, you lose angles you need too quickly, you lack linkage just to name a few... but hey i'm just looking at your swing online ive never seen it in person...

as for me you'd have to get it past 360 to out drive me by 40... if you dont believe that i have my numbers from TM, Trackman, Vector, and Flight-Scope that all confirm it... but hey whatever...

as of being full of myself... that's cool that's your opinion but hey in this industry you have to be confident, because who's gonna pay to get lessons from a pro who they doubt know what he's talking about... the stuff we teach is so controversial you have to be confident, because no one believes you at first. they quote teachers like harmon, or ledbetter who have absolutely no clue... what i teach goes against the grain, which is typical for things that are truly correct...

won't ever claim to know it all, and wont ever claim that i can't learn something from someone but when information is blatantly wrong i will call you out on it... i dont put up with stuff like that, if that makes you mad... heh i dont really care...

Well I guess we'd be able to generate quite the betting pool on who would be the longest driver, because I've got 330 in the bag and then some. If it ever were to happen, someone would get rich.

To speak on the inefficiencies of my swing - yeah, I know I have flaws, lots of flaws actually... all of which are very minor and don't significantly detract from my overall efficiency. Some of what you're seeing as flaws are potentially intentional as well.

For example - rotating around a locked spine is intentional. I want it to be as if a giant stake is running from my neck down through my tailbone and into the ground - I want no movement or relocation of the spine whatsoever. I still move a bit, but I'm getting closer to the ideal I'm seeking. You probably don't agree with those mechanics. I happen to think they are essential mechanics of my approach.

I built those mechanics based around certain specific fundamentals, to fit me as an individual - this isn't some swing method pulled from the pages of a book, or plucked from the mind of some other instructor... this is a personally engineered approach based on my own physiology and some pretty elementary physics principles. I own that swing. I created it.

As for the rest of your post, whatever dude... I'm just in the mood to provoke people today. You understand, I'm sure.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Well I guess we'd be able to generate quite the betting pool on who would be the longest driver, because I've got 330 in the bag and then some. If it ever were to happen, someone would get rich.

To speak on the inefficiencies of my swing - yeah, I know I have flaws, lots of flaws actually... all of which are very minor and don't significantly detract from my overall efficiency. Some of what you're seeing as flaws are potentially intentional as well.

For example - rotating around a locked spine is intentional. I want it to be as if a giant stake is running from my neck down through my tailbone and into the ground - I want no movement or relocation of the spine whatsoever. I still move a bit, but I'm getting closer to the ideal I'm seeking. You probably don't agree with those mechanics. I happen to think they are essential mechanics of my approach.

I built those mechanics based around certain specific fundamentals, to fit me as an individual - this isn't some swing method pulled from the pages of a book, or plucked from the mind of some other instructor... this is a personally engineered approach based on my own physiology and some pretty elementary physics principles. I own that swing. I created it.

As for the rest of your post, whatever dude... I'm just in the mood to provoke people today. You understand, I'm sure.

FON
    Just my opinions that's all the 250 was both an exaggeration as well as a poke of fun at you...

Whatever works for you I'm all for, but I still do have my opinions that's all...

No need for a driving contest. Just have each contestant post a bonded wager with Wells Fargo, then go to a facility with a certified Launch Monitor. It will accurately record and report the probable drive distance he can generate.

Put up or shut up. How about $1000?

I'll be the moderator.

Larry

Just my opinions that's all the 250 was both an exaggeration as well as a poke of fun at you...

Whatever works for you I'm all for, but I still do have my opinions that's all...

Congrats on getting a bite from me with that troll, well executed.

I let my guard down for one second... DOH, eh!

Anyways, I respect that you have your way of looking at the swing, as I have mine. I'm always interested to hear what other people have to say about the golf swing. That's how we learn - open ears and an open mind.

And in spite of your impressive numbers, which I do happen to believe - I'd still out-bomb you.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

No need for a driving contest. Just have each contestant post a bonded wager with Wells Fargo, then go to a facility with a certified Launch Monitor. It will accurately record and report the probable drive distance he can generate.

I'll be the moderator.

Larry

No way in hell you're conning me into letting you hold my money, old man! Get those money clips away from me.

Besides, I only ply my trade under the sun. Seems only fair to expect someone to hit one further than the ball I put there. Pretty cut and dry that way. Nut up or shut up (that's the phrase Larry).

The real question is who would you put your money on?? I'm sure pingman360 would really like to know.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I'll be the moderator.
    Amazingly, Larry: real golfers are concerned with what actual golf balls do and not what launch monitors predict they will do...

...but why am I not surprised that you don't get that?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Hey now, that's not a turtleneck (though I do admit to wearing them occasionally) it's a half-zip sweater. No saddle shoes either, those are my hiking shoes. It's not like I wear that stuff to the course... I was in my backyard half an hour before supper on a chilly autumn afternoon. Cut me a little slack there Mr. Sheriff of the Fashion Police.

Besides, it's nothing that hasn't been seen before. I've posted that exact video here quite a few times.

FON
    In that case I retract my comments, my bad.

Alan

I have not passed any comment because when it comes to the golf swing mechanics i dont have the first idea what i am talking about.

Carry on

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Alan

I have not passed any comment because when it comes to the golf swing mechanics i dont have the first idea what i am talking about.

Carry on

Edgey
    What are you talking about Edgey? Having no idea makes you perfectly credentialled to comment on the golf swing on a golf forum.

What are you talking about Edgey? Having no idea makes you perfectly credentialled to comment on the golf swing on a golf forum.
    Only if you are a lying, senile, ex nuclear engineer who posts fraudulant scores to con fools out of money with snakeoil schemes.

Now who could i be thinking of..............?

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

No way in hell you're conning me into letting you hold my money, old man! Get those money clips away from me.

Besides, I only ply my trade under the sun. Seems only fair to expect someone to hit one further than the ball I put there. Pretty cut and dry that way. Nut up or shut up (that's the phrase Larry).

The real question is who would you put your money on?? I'm sure pingman360 would really like to know.

FON
    I'm fully on board with your 330. The sound of the impact is enough, combined with the obvious arc and efficiency. I don't hit it that far, but then I'm old and fat. What I do, though, is keep the shaft in the same line and plane.... back, to top, to down and through, if the sun is high behind me and I can see my shadow, I see the shaft in the exact same line going back, and then through the transition.

Lots of pros 'drop into the slot'. I don't. That's an athletic move. I just keep it on the same line. SoonerBS, as I recall, likes to take it back and set it with the shaft pointing off to the right of his target, and then has to get the shaft back onto plane sometime during the downswing. Not sure how he does it, but he does it. :-)

At my advanced age and with my lack of fitness, I can only muster about 275-280, with the occasional 300 from a good bounce. This IS Texas, after all. :-) But it would be much worse if I was expending energy trying to get the club back into the plane line before impact...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Amazingly, Larry: real golfers are concerned with what actual golf balls do and not what launch monitors predict they will do...

...but why am I not surprised that you don't get that?
    The trackman LM tracks the ball and is the actual not a mathematical LM. I think it uses Doppler radar to track the ball. This is the reason some of the pros started to get 20+ extra yards on their drives. They started looking at the optimal angle of decent not just the launch information. Then it's used on a range into a net or screen.

But to be fair the drives would have to be in similar conditions to be meaningful.

Only if you are a lying, senile, ex nuclear engineer who posts fraudulant scores to con fools out of money with snakeoil schemes.

Now who could i be thinking of..............?

Edgey
    That's a pretty large assumption right there. Larry is so full of crap about everything else, why would you think he's on the level about being a nuclear engineer?

That's a pretty large assumption right there. Larry is so full of crap about everything else, why would you think he's on the level about being a nuclear engineer?
    I am under no illusion as to the depth of Liarry's fabrications, i am being kind to a sad deluded old man in the twilight years of his life.

Edgey
    Last edited by edgey; 08-26-2010 at 09:25 AM.

FON
    I will be 70 next birthday. I hit it straight, not far.

I suggested Wells Fargo trust account to hold the wager money--with a formal instruction to award the money to the winner of the Launch Monitor results. Each contestant can go to a golf shop and use the Launch Monitor there. The shop can submit the results to Wells Fargo. No cheating possible.

But it would be a fair comparison. So it is likely there will be some serious quibbling now, ha. I would expect AB to start backing down....

Larry

So you say, but you've also said you hit it far, and we know you were lying about that, so...

I suggested Wells Fargo trust account to hold the wager money--with a formal instruction to award the money to the winner of the Launch Monitor results. Each contestant can go to a golf shop and use the Launch Monitor there. The shop can submit the results to Wells Fargo. No cheating possible.

But it would be a fair comparison. So it is likely there will be some serious quibbling now, ha. I would expect AB to start backing down....
    LOL

Larry: all you've shown is you're getting senile. I was never involved in this driving distance bet.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    Obviously Larry's found a juiced monitor. There are plenty out there. Or maybe he leaned on a switch once and skewed the data. Kind of like how Bell invented the telephone. Or how bacteria was discovered by accident. I think of bacteria when I think of Larry.

Larry, this is so obviously a scam, you should have to post it with your golf scores.
    GR lives...

Alan

Carry on
    Thanks. I did, I am and I will.

In specific, I played nine holes last night and I was on the first hole (par 5) in two: driver, hybrid...

...and then three putt.

If I had putted even half way decently last night, I'd have broken 40 for the 9.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Obviously Larry's found a juiced monitor. There are plenty out there. Or maybe he leaned on a switch once and skewed the data. Kind of like how Bell invented the telephone. Or how bacteria was discovered by accident. I think of bacteria when I think of Larry.

Larry, this is so obviously a scam, you should have to post it with your golf scores.
    Yeah.

Honest competition would involved golfers hitting golf balls onto the same fairway at the same (approximate) time...

...so naturally Larry isn't interested in that.

And Larry doesn't post scores anymore: they embarrass him too much.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

In specific, I played nine holes last night and I was on the first hole (par 5) in two: driver, hybrid...

...and then three putt.

If I had putted even half way decently last night, I'd have broken 40 for the 9.
    On the assumption this isnt a Liarry 40 for 9 holes (which would be 55), well played.

Edgey

On the assumption this isnt a Liarry 40 for 9 holes (which would be 55), well played.
    Thanks, but it wasn't a 40 -- I didn't mean to give that impression: it was a 43...

with 19 putts.

So that makes my last three 9 nines: 38, 40 and 43 (all at McCleery)

And unlike Larry, I post my scores:

http://www.rcganetwork.org/Score/Sco...aspx?id=453842

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Thanks, but it wasn't a 40 -- I didn't mean to give that impression: it was a 43...

with 19 putts.

So that makes my last three 9 nines: 38, 40 and 43 (all at McCleery)

And unlike Larry, I post my scores:

http://www.rcganetwork.org/Score/Sco...aspx?id=453842

I am impressed, with everything except what appears to be a bit of a mullet. Have my eyes deceived me or is that a bit of an early 90's Daly going on.

Edgey

...and then three putt.

Your putting might improve if you included a putter in the 14 clubs in your (sig) bag. Just a suggestion!

Can't be easy making all those putts with a 3 iron. Or do you blade the 56*?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Your putting might improve if you included a putter in the 14 clubs in your (sig) bag. Just a suggestion!

Can't be easy making all those putts with a 3 iron. Or do you blade the 56*?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Thanks for the thought. The list represents all the clubs I regularly use, but when I wrote it I really didn't know what kind of putter I was using, so I just left it out.

Besides, yesterday I didn't need a putter very much. I was captaining a scramble team and my team did most of the putting...

...after I'd hit the approach in close. ;)
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Late.

Putting is something men who belong to golf clubs do. Alan can't afford that. He dropped out of school, doesn't have a job, and of course can't afford to join a golf club. He is lucky each month that he can pay the rent his squalid little flat (with another loan from his mother!). Maybe all of us who have college degrees and lifetime success should encourage him to quit wasting hours in these discussion forums and enroll in school??? Its never too late, Alan, but you gotta get off you butt.....

Larry

Late.
    Not late. You can actually pause the video to see if you're of normal intelligence, so why can't you do it?

Putting is something men who belong to golf clubs do.
    Really? People on public golf courses don't putt?

Alan can't afford that. He dropped out of school, doesn't have a job, and of course can't afford to join a golf club. He is lucky each month that he can pay the rent his squalid little flat (with another loan from his mother!). Maybe all of us who have college degrees and lifetime success should encourage him to quit wasting hours in these discussion forums and enroll in school??? Its never too late, Alan, but you gotta get off you butt...
    LOL

BTW: I played 9 tonight with a buddy of mine. Didn't putt well, played 4 and 5 in an aggregate 5 over par...

...and still shot 6 over for the 9.

What did you score this weekend, Larry? Because you know what is something that real men who belong to clubs do: post their scores.
    Last edited by alangbaker; 08-29-2010 at 10:14 PM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Thread Information