|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: To all GR's

To all GR's

i decided to post some swings from today, just because really idk why...

but here are a few 6i at different framerates (playback speed) the slowest being 210fps, take a look these Casio cameras are amazing i've had mine form about a year and a half and its amazing for the golf swing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfVQuZ0Yy34

Those are pretty cool slo-mo pics.

here it is full quality 105FPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKF1uTvr9ew

you can see the ball on this one leave into the air for a ways....

What model Casio?
    GR lives...

Is your swing stack and tilt?

Edit: After reading your other posts yeah, it's obviously stack and tilt. I'm not a huge fan of the moves and think it's a fad. But, if it works for you, go for it I guess!
    Last edited by collegegolfer; 09-04-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Hey Pingman, your swing is looking real good (compared to earlier posts), keep progressing and you will do charlie wi out of the poster boy role for s&t!!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Hey Pingman, your swing is looking real good (compared to earlier posts), keep progressing and you will do charlie wi out of the poster boy role for s&t!!
    thanks man, had a breakthrough about a month and a half ago and fixed the right elbow position, and the highest score i've shot since then was a 70... fewest GIR's has been 13, so it's becoming more natural... ive been at it for about a year now and i've made some modifications to the patterns so that i only hit lowish shots (always have hated hitting it high and SnT is usually a mid-high ball flight).... few problems still but it's getting better, i just don't ever work on my swing anymore (hit maybe 60 balls this week and played once) just dont really have time... i feel if i dedicated a lot of time to it i could have it pretty close to model, maybe over winter i'll try to...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    What model Casio?
    Casio EX-FH20... want the F1 but there's just not enough difference between the two for me to justify the extra 500

PM,

This isn't a trolling attempt, just an (uneducated) observation. I've seen most of your vids and IMO your swing now isn't quite as flowing and natural as it was before. Your swing used to look effortless and your rhythm and tempo was like butter, but now you seem to be almost restricted compared to some of your old swings. I also thought your head stayed down too long through impact, which may be why your followthrough looked more restricted than before. Was there some sort of drill you were doing in this swing vid, or is that how you would swing it on the course?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    PM,

This isn't a trolling attempt, just an (uneducated) observation. I've seen most of your vids and IMO your swing now isn't quite as flowing and natural as it was before. Your swing used to look effortless and your rhythm and tempo was like butter, but now you seem to be almost restricted compared to some of your old swings. I also thought your head stayed down too long through impact, which may be why your followthrough looked more restricted than before. Was there some sort of drill you were doing in this swing vid, or is that how you would swing it on the course?
    pretty close to how i play... the club is throw out to the right way too much in these but i was hitting big draws for demonstration for someone... i think with the head what youre seeing is that it move forward in the downswing, but that's cause right now i'm trying to hit the ball fairly low...

as for the tempo i dont think that the tempo has changes just the look of the swing due to the breaking and etc... but if im honest i feel tempo is kinda overated in the swing as long as its the same everytime then its more of a fine tuning item to hit different windows (trajectory alteration)... tempo just isnt on the top of may list right now... too many other things to work on... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lnk...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9iULqQrTg

idk maybe here's a comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    pretty close to how i play... the club is throw out to the right way too much in these but i was hitting big draws for demonstration for someone... i think with the head what youre seeing is that it move forward in the downswing, but that's cause right now i'm trying to hit the ball fairly low...

as for the tempo i dont think that the tempo has changes just the look of the swing due to the breaking and etc... but if im honest i feel tempo is kinda overated in the swing as long as its the same everytime then its more of a fine tuning item to hit different windows (trajectory alteration)... tempo just isnt on the top of may list right now... too many other things to work on... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lnk...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9iULqQrTg

idk maybe here's a comparison...
    That's one ugly looking driver swing. I'd give the game away if I swung us retarded as that guy.

I like the cinematography capabilities as well. However If that reverse pivot is what they call stack and tilt and it provides you a 70 score or better...I will study up on it since I am not very familiar with this method. I must agree with NAH here in that particularly the finish on one of the swings looks stiff like you were posing for the camera. I almost thought I could hear a "boing-oing-oing sound" when I watched it. In order to stop that club like that you have to be decelerating somewhere.
    As I always say...if the ball goes where you aim it (almost) every time, its a good swing. So its a good swing!
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by mr natural
    That's one ugly looking driver swing. I'd give the game away if I swung us retarded as that guy.
    that ugly swing is T8 at the Deutsche Bank right now... Has made 15 cuts this season, is 45th in the FedEx cup points, and the 128th best golfer in the world... he has one of the best swings on tour (top 4 imo including Charlie, Grant, Sean, Tim Clark... Matteson hits it as good as anyone too, but in terms of swing his is still being a bit more refined, sergio is good too but his pattern is just plain cool, John Rollins, Brian Smock, Eric Axely, Garrett Willis, and a few others are all on the best swings list but as a general rule tour swings just aren't very good)

if youre giving away his swing i'll take it...

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver
    I like the cinematography capabilities as well. However If that reverse pivot is what they call stack and tilt and it provides you a 70 score or better...I will study up on it since I am not very familiar with this method. I must agree with NAH here in that particularly the finish on one of the swings looks stiff like you were posing for the camera. I almost thought I could hear a "boing-oing-oing sound" when I watched it. In order to stop that club like that you have to be decelerating somewhere.
    As I always say...if the ball goes where you aim it (almost) every time, its a good swing. So its a good swing!
    that finish is actually the result of holding pressure points 4 and 5 (under the arms is their location) as well as holding the Flying Wedges as long as possible in order to utilize angled hinging in the best possible way to insure deflections, and erratic shots aren't even possible... also look at impact and tell me, do you really think i'm declerating there??? lol.... yeahhh, no... haha jk

so in other words, the finish is a product of what happens during the swing, and is not manufactured, but rather a reaction to what SnT players do during the swing... hope that clears up why it looks that way, and thanks from the comment...

but as a general rule tour swings just aren't very good

How do you expect to maintain any credibility whatsoever when you're making asinine statements such as this one?

You'll have to elaborate on what you mean.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Nice swing.....maybe a bit too much tension in your wrists (IMO)...but overall, a really nice swing!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    How do you expect to maintain any credibility whatsoever when you're making asinine statements such as this one?

You'll have to elaborate on what you mean.

FON
    i simply mean that from a biomechanical standpoint tour swings arent all that great.... just really repeatable... tour players usually do enough of the right pieces to make them consistent, they have the same low point everytime, they hit the same curve,, and hitting is far enough to play the course isn't tough... so they have the 3 fundamentals of golf (controlling the low point, controlling the curve, hitting the ball long enough to play the course)... but in terms of what they actually should do from a biomechanical standpoint it's not good...

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    Nice swing.....maybe a bit too much tension in your wrists (IMO)...but overall, a really nice swing!
    we never want the club to pass the hands that is holding the flying wedge the longest (which is what i was talking about earlier), and im always hitting draws so the face should always be open to target and never be closing (which unfortunately it does post impact since i throw the club to the right [CF] which causes the face to close post impact) so i can push-draw the ball... since i'm CF like i just said i have to start the ball more right than a player who doesn't shift the base like so the face has to be open more since the path is more in to out...

so maybe that's what your seeing???

that finish is actually the result of holding pressure points 4 and 5 (under the arms is their location) as well as holding the Flying Wedges as long as possible in order to utilize angled hinging in the best possible way to insure deflections, and erratic shots aren't even possible... also look at impact and tell me, do you really think i'm declerating there??? lol.... yeahhh, no... haha jk

so in other words, the finish is a product of what happens during the swing, and is not manufactured, but rather a reaction to what SnT players do during the swing... hope that clears up why it looks that way, and thanks from the comment...
    I see so it's like...maintain directional control, accelerate to Vr, rotate, climb at V2, positive rate, gear up, when clear of obstacles v2+30 Flaps up....I see we speak the same language. exept neither of us know what the other said...I'll take your word for it.

I see so it's like...maintain directional control, accelerate to Vr, rotate, climb at V2, positive rate, gear up, when clear of obstacles v2+30 Flaps up....I see we speak the same language. exept neither of us know what the other said...I'll take your word for it.
    haha... sorry... but dude, for real i think it's so cool to hear people talk in their own lingo... haha its like i know the words you said and a general idea of what your doing (kinda) but dude stuff like that just sounds cool to me... haha... thats awesome...

but just for referce just read the last two sentences..

we never want the club to pass the hands that is holding the flying wedge the longest (which is what i was talking about earlier), and im always hitting draws so the face should always be open to target and never be closing (which unfortunately it does post impact since i throw the club to the right [CF] which causes the face to close post impact) so i can push-draw the ball... since i'm CF like i just said i have to start the ball more right than a player who doesn't shift the base like so the face has to be open more since the path is more in to out...

so maybe that's what your seeing???
    No. I see tension.

Yeah, you are a TGM wannabee aren't ya?...LOL

Why dissect everything into multiple categories when it is easier to just do one or two things to improve your game??

No. I see tension.

Yeah, you are a TGM wannabee aren't ya?...LOL

Why dissect everything into multiple categories when it is easier to just do one or two things to improve your game??
    no that's what i'm saying i dont want the fact to rotate so basically im attempting to hold it off the whole time which is futile do to the fact that i throw the club to the right which will cause the face to rotate...

so that's why my arms look tense because im freakin holding on for dear life.... also for my size (170lbs) i have massive forearms.... lol

things are hardly ever as cut-and-dry as one issue... usually issues are tied in together so that the player can actually hit it some where kinda straight... one issue holds up the other which is why you have to understand what goes on in the golf swing in order to know what pieces to change and when to chagne them....

First off, I wanna make sure you know my occasional criticism is not against you...I think you are a very fair and good person....

I appreciate your kind interacting with me...and I hope you know, I am just "talking" with you and not trying to be an azz...LOL

My issue is with TGM.....Trust me, I have associated with this system/teachings for over 6 years....I studied it....I have seen what it has done, I have seen results....I have seen people repeatedly attempt to improve their game and fail. I have seen more people leave the game due to TGM than those who improved.

First off, I wanna make sure you know my occasional criticism is not against you...I think you are a very fair and good person....

I appreciate your kind interacting with me...and I hope you know, I am just "talking" with you and not trying to be an azz...LOL

My issue is with TGM.....Trust me, I have associated with this system/teachings for over 6 years....I studied it....I have seen what it has done, I have seen results....I have seen people repeatedly attempt to improve their game and fail. I have seen more people leave the game due to TGM than those who improved.
    oh no i completely understand, it's simply a discussion... difference of opinions are nothing new to me, and i'm fine with that....

simply put i would argue, if the players aren't improving... it's not the systems fault but rather the instructors... if you change the correct components there is no way for the system to fail, if you change the wrong ones the system will fail everytime... if players arent getting better, then i would say its from a lack of understanding on the instructor... PLEASE NOTE not a lack of knowledge of the components and their definitions, but a lack of understanding of how and why, and which components should be used...

oh no i completely understand, it's simply a discussion... difference of opinions are nothing new to me, and i'm fine with that....

simply put i would argue, if the players aren't improving... it's not the systems fault but rather the instructors... if you change the correct components there is no way for the system to fail, if you change the wrong ones the system will fail everytime... if players arent getting better, then i would say its from a lack of understanding on the instructor... PLEASE NOTE not a lack of knowledge of the components and their definitions, but a lack of understanding of how and why, and which components should be used...
    GREAT COMMENTS!

I totally agree.

Communication between student and instructor is most important.....

that ugly swing is T8 at the Deutsche Bank right now... Has made 15 cuts this season, is 45th in the FedEx cup points, and the 128th best golfer in the world... he has one of the best swings on tour (top 4 imo including Charlie, Grant, Sean, Tim Clark... Matteson hits it as good as anyone too, but in terms of swing his is still being a bit more refined, sergio is good too but his pattern is just plain cool, John Rollins, Brian Smock, Eric Axely, Garrett Willis, and a few others are all on the best swings list but as a general rule tour swings just aren't very good)

if youre giving away his swing i'll take it...
    You'll have to elaborate and give full names when mentioning nobodies PM, I've not familiar with any of them by first name, and I'm sure nobody involved in professional golf would be either.

You really need to chill a bit. There is more than one way to swing a golf club, as the other 145 or so guys on the moneylist who don't stack and tilt will attest to. All this animosity towards anyone who doesn't stack and tilt makes you look like a fanatic. I know some people here on GR don't like references to Kool Aid, but seriously you've overdosed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr natural
    You'll have to elaborate and give full names when mentioning nobodies PM, I've not familiar with any of them by first name, and I'm sure nobody involved in professional golf would be either.

You really need to chill a bit. There is more than one way to swing a golf club, as the other 145 or so guys on the moneylist who don't stack and tilt will attest to. All this animosity towards anyone who doesn't stack and tilt makes you look like a fanatic. I know some people here on GR don't like references to Kool Aid, but seriously you've overdosed on it.
    Sorry i didn't realize I couldn't have my own opinions, what was I thinking....

Also of you read my other post you would see that I said there are many ways to swing the club.... But no one should turn their shoulders level, brace the right knee, and for their hands off the circle, some thing just are biomechanically sound...

i decided to post some swings from today, just because really idk why...

but here are a few 6i at different framerates (playback speed) the slowest being 210fps, take a look these Casio cameras are amazing i've had mine form about a year and a half and its amazing for the golf swing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfVQuZ0Yy34
    Wow, that is the opposite of my swing and I think it might be worthwhile for me to try some of what you're doing in video. I like the way you take the club back in one piece and then let the arms fall down to the ball without releasing the club too early. It appears that you're hitting the ball solid without any casting of the clubhead. Like NAH said it does appear kind of stiff and controlled but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Wow, that is the opposite of my swing and I think it might be worthwhile for me to try some of what you're doing in video. I like the way you take the club back in one piece and then let the arms fall down to the ball without releasing the club too early. It appears that you're hitting the ball solid without any casting of the clubhead. Like NAH said it does appear kind of stiff and controlled but I like it.
    thanks man... yeah its kinda funny like it does look different than other types of swings (it is a hitting procedure) but its just a matter of what you eye likes to see...

thanks for the compliment...

i simply mean that from a biomechanical standpoint tour swings arent all that great.... just really repeatable... tour players usually do enough of the right pieces to make them consistent, they have the same low point everytime, they hit the same curve,, and hitting is far enough to play the course isn't tough... so they have the 3 fundamentals of golf (controlling the low point, controlling the curve, hitting the ball long enough to play the course)... but in terms of what they actually should do from a biomechanical standpoint it's not good...
    Given that the aim of the game is to get the ball in the hole in the fewest shots possible, perhaps we shouldn't care a jot about what's "biomechanically sound". This is the thing I don't get. The tour players are the pinnacle of the game. There is no further point to try to achieve, so if so few of them are biomechanically sound, then perhaps biomechanically sound is either an invalid concept or irrelevant. Either way I don't see why I should care about it. It's not even like the lifetime of a player is affected.

To put it another way, if being mechanically sound meant anything, then the tour pros would be biomechanically sound.

The other thing that really annoys me about TGM is the language. Talking about flying wedges or accumulators and so on. A lot of the people who know what it means act like you're an idiot if you don't know what it means and meanwhile all it does is alienate people. Why not talk about the angle between forearm and club rather than flying wedge? One of the first things I learned about communication is not to use jargon and if you do use something that most people won't understand then provide a definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Webb
    Given that the aim of the game is to get the ball in the hole in the fewest shots possible, perhaps we shouldn't care a jot about what's "biomechanically sound". This is the thing I don't get. The tour players are the pinnacle of the game. There is no further point to try to achieve, so if so few of them are biomechanically sound, then perhaps biomechanically sound is either an invalid concept or irrelevant. Either way I don't see why I should care about it. It's not even like the lifetime of a player is affected.

To put it another way, if being mechanically sound meant anything, then the tour pros would be biomechanically sound.

The other thing that really annoys me about TGM is the language. Talking about flying wedges or accumulators and so on. A lot of the people who know what it means act like you're an idiot if you don't know what it means and meanwhile all it does is alienate people. Why not talk about the angle between forearm and club rather than flying wedge? One of the first things I learned about communication is not to use jargon and if you do use something that most people won't understand then provide a definition.
    no... i guess eating healthy is dumb too???

with TGM language i'll give you a for instance... i was working with one of the fellow pro's i teach, he was hitting it bad on this particular day so i used 2 sentences and he was fixed hitting just as good as ever....

I said start loading #3 at P2.5, while maintaining PPTs 4 and 5 better. And get more 2nd axis tilt beginning at P5.

i would never tell Joe 10 handicap that... but if you know the language it makes it a lot more simple to communicate....

with TGM language i'll give you a for instance... i was working with one of the fellow pro's i teach, he was hitting it bad on this particular day so i used 2 sentences and he was fixed hitting just as good as ever....

I said start loading #3 at P2.5, while maintaining PPTs 4 and 5 better. And get more 2nd axis tilt beginning at P5.

i would never tell Joe 10 handicap that... but if you know the language it makes it a lot more simple to communicate....
    Did you like go to a Star Trek convention afterwards?
    GR lives...

whatever i dont even care anymore...

Pingman, word of advice from a young guy over twice your age:
    Nothing in life is "rocket science"
    and noone likes a rocket scientist anyway....unless she's got big tits and a tight a$$.

Pingman, word of advice from a young guy over twice your age:
    Nothing in life is "rocket science"
    and noone likes a rocket scientist anyway....unless she's got big tits and a tight a$$.
    i am no longer participating in this conversation... his is my last post on this thread.....

Is PM a number 1 or a number 2?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Is PM a number 1 or a number 2?
    When I load a number 2, noone ever needs an explanation.
    GR lives...

Ok, two things here. Firstly, I don't see the correlation between eating healthy and swinging in the way that you think is biomechanically sound. One of them it's fairly obvious what is and isn't sensible. The other, the overwhelming evidence appears to be that swinging in the way you think is biomechanically sound isn't necessary to hit the top of the game. If you're going to just say no, you really need to explain what swinging in a biomechanically sound way is going to do for us and why. Or are we just to take your word for it?

And with the language thing, you've used the language several times in this thread. I've seen you talk about flying wedges and accumulators to other posters. While they may not be joe 10 handicap and may know the language, it's still exclusionary to the other posters who don't know the language and that puts people's backs up, which is why it degenerates into this mudslinging.

Lastly, saying joe 10 handicap is implying that you would say it to "good golfers", just not hackers and that by default if you don't know what you're saying then you're a hacker. I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it's how it comes across. Just a little bit of friendly advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Webb
    Ok, two things here. Firstly, I don't see the correlation between eating healthy and swinging in the way that you think is biomechanically sound. One of them it's fairly obvious what is and isn't sensible. The other, the overwhelming evidence appears to be that swinging in the way you think is biomechanically sound isn't necessary to hit the top of the game. If you're going to just say no, you really need to explain what swinging in a biomechanically sound way is going to do for us and why. Or are we just to take your word for it?

And with the language thing, you've used the language several times in this thread. I've seen you talk about flying wedges and accumulators to other posters. While they may not be joe 10 handicap and may know the language, it's still exclusionary to the other posters who don't know the language and that puts people's backs up, which is why it degenerates into this mudslinging.

Lastly, saying joe 10 handicap is implying that you would say it to "good golfers", just not hackers and that by default if you don't know what you're saying then you're a hacker. I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it's how it comes across. Just a little bit of friendly advice.
    No..... Say Joe 10 was implying nothing merely saying I would tell them what accumulators to use when etc because he doesn't know what they are... You read into it what you wanted to hear....

And like I said earlier I'm done, I've had enough "friendly advice" from everyone.... I do this stuff from 8am till 10pm every day, I know how to talk to people...

No..... Say Joe 10 was implying nothing merely saying I would tell them what accumulators to use when etc because he doesn't know what they are... You read into it what you wanted to hear....

And like I said earlier I'm done, I've had enough "friendly advice" from everyone.... I do this stuff from 8am till 10pm every day, I know how to talk to people...
    Pingman, "you ever seen a grown man naked"

Ref: movie "Airplane"
    Last edited by jetdriver; 09-06-2010 at 06:56 AM.

When I load a number 2, noone ever needs an explanation.
    I hope you are not accumulating No 2's. That could eventually lead to some discomfort and definitely affect your swing.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I hope you are not accumulating No 2's. That could eventually lead to some discomfort and definitely affect your swing.
    You know, I did overdo it with accumulators in Florida this past week. But on the plane ride home today I more than unloaded what I'd accumulated. I don't know where it goes when it exceeds the plane's capacity but I am pretty concerned about Sooner in Oklahoma, BJ in Arkansas, Dave in Texas and Yaz in Arizona.
    GR lives...

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Pingman you got a nice swing there! But next time, take a good crap before posting your swing.
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 09-12-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Pingman I really like that swing but I especially like the way you have put it to music. Do you use that music to work on your rhythm and tempo?

My only concern is that my computer only has $40 speakers. Am I missing out? Do I need to get some $600 speakers in order to get all the swing benefits and hear all the instruments?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Pingman I really like that swing but I especially like the way you have put it to music. Do you use that music to work on your rhythm and tempo?

My only concern is that my computer only has $40 speakers. Am I missing out? Do I need to get some $600 speakers in order to get all the swing benefits and hear all the instruments?
    i wouldnt go any cheaper than $2400 speakers... it's a no brainer...

Also I get bored so.... i changed it up a little more agian and this is my new playing pattern it's really different i decidedto change it a few days ago and this is the result...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUpM7opaId8

Thread Information