|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Carry Vs. Roll

Carry Vs. Roll

In My Hunt For A New Driver, I Have Narrowed It Donw To Either The Launcher 460 Or The Ignite 460. I Hit Both Equally Stright And Equally Long And Consistent. Howevert The Luancher Carries It 15 Yards Further And Has Littel To No Roll, And The Ignite Carries Hort But Rolls Forever. Whats Is Better To Have Carry Or Roll?

The cool thing is you work to be this irritating. Believe it or not, it's easier to not push the shift key at the beginning of each word. It's the extra effort you put forth that makes it so special for the rest of us.

Is our educational system that bad? I'll let The master answer that.

If you regularly play on soft fairways go for more carry. If on hard fairways, more roll.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    The cool thing is you work to be this irritating. Believe it or not, it's easier to not push the shift key at the beginning of each word. It's the extra effort you put forth that makes it so special for the rest of us.

Is our educational system that bad? I'll let The master answer that.

I AM AT WORK. I WORK ON AUTOCAD WHICH IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW IS A COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING PROGMRAM USED BY ENGINEERS AND THE LIKE. THEREFORE YES I AM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO USE A SHIFT KEY. HOWEVER OUR DRAWING STANDARDS CALL FOR ALL TEXT TO BE IN GUESS WHAT CAPITALS. I SEE NO NEED TO TURN CASP OFF JUST TO POST.

Quote Originally Posted by mahalleday
    i Am At Work. I Work On Autocad Which In Case You Dont Know Is A Computer Aided Drafting Progmram Used By Engineers And The Like. Therefore Yes I Am Smart Enough To Know How To Use A Shift Key. However Our Drawing Standards Call For All Text To Be In Guess What Capitals. I See No Need To Turn Casp Off Just To Post.
    Hmmm. Otherwise It CapiTALIZES THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD?

now I'm confused. TESTES, TESTES...1, 2, 3.

Whatever...apologies if you are limited at work. Just seemed like a strange thing to do.
    Last edited by buddha33; 10-12-2004 at 10:27 AM.

go for more carry its the best all around

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY
    I AM AT WORK. I WORK ON AUTOCAD WHICH IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW IS A COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING PROGMRAM USED BY ENGINEERS AND THE LIKE. THEREFORE YES I AM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO USE A SHIFT KEY. HOWEVER OUR DRAWING STANDARDS CALL FOR ALL TEXT TO BE IN GUESS WHAT CAPITALS. I SEE NO NEED TO TURN CASP OFF JUST TO POST.
    If it's a pain in the rear and it takes multiple complicated steps to turn it off on your machine, I agree it's not that big a deal. If all it takes is pressing a button or maybe just a couple of keystrokes to do it, then I would think you might be considerate enough to do so when posting. Just my 2 euro cents.

Buy Both. Nobody [Whoops...Darn Casp] hits any driver "Stright," "Long," and "Consistent" all the time, so you'll be needing the other one when the first goes kerbunky.

In My Hunt For A New Driver, I Have Narrowed It Donw To Either The Launcher 460 Or The Ignite 460. I Hit Both Equally Stright And Equally Long And Consistent. Howevert The Luancher Carries It 15 Yards Further And Has Littel To No Roll, And The Ignite Carries Hort But Rolls Forever. Whats Is Better To Have Carry Or Roll?
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/FONT]

HOWEVER OUR DRAWING STANDARDS CALL FOR ALL TEXT TO BE IN GUESS WHAT CAPITALS. I SEE NO NEED TO TURN CASP OFF JUST TO POST.
    Hmmm....So are there different keyboards for CAD programs? I am a software engineer and could have never guessed it! So let's say you have your CAPS on and work with that theory. Now unless you have a special keyboard, you really seem to be putting a tremendous amount of work in your posts as Buddha suggested.
    WHY? Because if I have my caps on then all my words will "LOOK LIKE THIS". However yours "Look Like This".
    Which leads to this conclusion that after you type the first letter of your word, you must be holding the shift key down to type the rest of the word which is very hard work! I am only assuming this since you said you don't want to turn CAPS off so the opposite of that would mean you have your CAPS on all the time!

BTW, I prefer the ROLL myself.

IT may DEPEND on THE type OF course YOU play AND the PLAYING conditions.

IF you PLAY on A course WHERE you HIT into THE wind QUITE a BIT - choose THE longer ROLLING club.

IF you PLAY on A course WHERE you WOULD like TO hit THE BALL over DOGLEGS choose THE longer CARRYING club.

Otherwise, post from home, using a normal keyboard or stop giving us a bunch of BS about a system that capitalizes the First Letter Of Each Word.

How did you get an actual professional job with the social graces and selfish additude you display here? If you truly are in the computer field (as MANY of us here are, we're not impressed), then you are probably very familliar with internet decorum: i.e. THIS IS SCREAMING AND INSULTING, This Is Very Annoying, and telling everyone you don't care to keep from annoying or screaming because you don't want to click the CAPS LOCK button once makes you an ass. Which again begs the question: how did you get a job outside of community service with such juvenile and unsocialized tendencies? Do you do CAD work in prison? Do they keep you in the basement at the office and gather your capitalized work once a week? Or maybe you're just young and dumb, and actually studying CAD in community vocational school because high school kicked you out? Just wondering. If you tune in to Dr. Phil, he can get you in touch with your more sensitive side and work out some of those tendencies. Really!
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    How did you get an actual professional job with the social graces and selfish additude you display here? If you truly are in the computer field (as MANY of us here are, we're not impressed), then you are probably very familliar with internet decorum: i.e. THIS IS SCREAMING AND INSULTING, This Is Very Annoying, and telling everyone you don't care to keep from annoying or screaming because you don't want to click the CAPS LOCK button once makes you an ass. Which again begs the question: how did you get a job outside of community service with such juvenile and unsocialized tendencies? Do you do CAD work in prison? Do they keep you in the basement at the office and gather your capitalized work once a week? Or maybe you're just young and dumb, and actually studying CAD in community vocational school because high school kicked you out? Just wondering. If you tune in to Dr. Phil, he can get you in touch with your more sensitive side and work out some of those tendencies. Really!

ok you guys have to the the most annoying, rude and moronic people i have ever seen. here are you happy christ. no i am not a highschool dropout or in a prison or whatever. I am a gradute from engineering. with honors i tmigth add. anda s far as internet "decorum" i could care less its just typing who cares what font it is or what is capitalized. grow up.

ok you guys have to the the most annoying, rude and moronic people i have ever seen. here are you happy christ. no i am not a highschool dropout or in a prison or whatever. I am a gradute from engineering. with honors i tmigth add. anda s far as internet "decorum" i could care less its just typing who cares what font it is or what is capitalized. grow up.
    You're right. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are irrelevant in trying to convey your message. I'll have you write my Next Resume.

BTW, PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US WHAT "i tmigth" means?

You're right. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are irrelevant in trying to convey your message. I'll have you write my Next Resume.

BTW, PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US WHAT "i tmigth" means?
    give hem a brake hee wuz a ingineering majur know weigh a english majur howe shood he no that only the top guys in his class at itt tech new how two spellll

i FeEl mUcH beTTeR nOW tHat DecoRUM haS BEen rEStoreD. I merely feel bad that such a nice guy, with such obvious regard for the world without, and such pointed tact as to respect the expectations of the medium into which he has decided to thrust himself, would consider me rude. It pains me that such an obviously caring, and "un-rude" person in our midst might misinterpret my intent and deem me rude and moronic. My world is crumbling... Where are the sleeping pills? I'll end it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    i FeEl mUcH beTTeR nOW tHat DecoRUM haS BEen rEStoreD. I merely feel bad that such a nice guy, with such obvious regard for the world without, and such pointed tact as to respect the expectations of the medium into which he has decided to thrust himself, would consider me rude. It pains me that such an obviously caring, and "un-rude" person in our midst might misinterpret my intent and deem me rude and moronic. My world is crumbling... Where are the sleeping pills? I'll end it all.
    BD
    You need to change you name to The Executioner!. HeRe is yOuR nEw avAtAr
    ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I though this was a golf forum not a spelling and grammar forum, are we not here to talk golf. Apparently you guys would rather mock people and make fun of others rather then discuss the actual posted topics. I appollogize for a poor grammar and spelling if it offended anyone. Though I am sure it was not all that bad. In an attempt to have real dult conversations I will type however the hell you guys want me too, though I still se no reason once so ever for the need to get upset and question my inteligence and call me inappropriate names. That is just childish. I would have responded far better had you guys simply asked me to be more careful when I post. As a person who has written many a research paper as well a thesis. I take offence to people insulting my intelligence. If you want me to "repect the medium" respect me. I know I am not the only one you has typing errors in their post. So why single me out. As I said before grow up!!!!
    This issue we are all haveing here is what I feel is wrong with the internet. I understand that it is much eaiser to read and understand somehting that is written well however, if somene quickly types in a post or a message, why belittel them for a capitalized words or for a havein one spelling error. I joined this forum ad this site in the hope of discussing a sport in which I take very seriously. I wish to give and recieve feedback related to golf not how I type. So i ask you all, to please "respect the medium" and use the discussion formum for what it was intended for. to discuss golf. Thank you.

I appollogize for a poor grammar and spelling if it offended anyone. Though I am sure it was not all that bad.

As a person who has written many a research paper as well a thesis. I take offence to people insulting my intelligence. .
    I'm with you on this; but as a newbie, you're going to get heckled here. Especially when your posts are misspelled, poorly written, and in annoying fonts or caps.

As for your above statements, you're a little out of touch with reality. It really is that bad. How you've been graduated with a degree speaks volumes for Microsoft Word's spelling and grammar check.

The purpose of a golf board is to communicate about golf. When messages are written so they are easy to understand, it accentuates the communication process. Messages are easier to read and comprehend quickly when they are written in standard syntax. Nobody likes to have to decrypt a message because the poster decided to take unnecessary shortcuts.
    Thanks

I fully aggree I feel that my heckleing and such was taken a bit far. And my engineering degree was far more to do with my abilities as an engineering. Meaning my math, resoning and other such related skills not my spelling. I am hopeing this will be the last time i need to so fully explain my self. I wish to continue being a part of the forum, and hopefuly, add some serious insight into any the the posted topics.

Thanks.

Roll is good for a wide open course, and carry is good for a tighter, target style course. Personally, I prefer carry over because the carry distance is more consistent.

You probably wouldn't have been razzed about the spelling if it wasn't for the damn caps lock. Now that you have the caps lock off, you're golden. Props on the math skills.

I would be interested to see whose verbal SAT scores were higher: you or The master.

Anybody care to place bets?

You probably wouldn't have been razzed about the spelling if it wasn't for the damn caps lock. Now that you have the caps lock off, you're golden. Props on the math skills.

I would be interested to see whose verbal SAT scores were higher: you or The master.

Anybody care to place bets?

Sorry, not from the States, so i never took the SAT's so I'm gonna have to conceed to the master.

Sorry, not from the States, so i never took the SAT's so I'm gonna have to conceed to the master.
    LOL. Well done. You've taken the heat and live to post another day. You'll probably receive a better response now that you're not so ANGRY about everything.

[QUOTE=buddha33]LOL. Well done. You've taken the heat and live to post another day. You'll probably receive a better response now that you're not so ANGRY about everything. [/QUOTE

Indeed

sorry im also not from the states

Hurray it's a tie.

im of to the range now to get lesson so i can hopefully get down to scratch maybe you should do the same buddha33 you might get down to 29

Quote Originally Posted by The master
    im of to the range now to get lesson so i can hopefully get down to scratch maybe you should do the same buddha33 you might get down to 29
    I'm workin' on it. Hopefully I'll be mid-20s before year end.

Have fun at the range.

I too need a lesson or two. It'd be nice to get into teh single digit handi-cap range. Good luck to both of you in lowering yours.

I too need a lesson or two. It'd be nice to get into teh single digit handi-cap range. Good luck to both of you in lowering yours.
    I'm currently going through a series of lessons with a pro. The results haven't been overwhelmingly positive yet since the swing changes are so new. If I keep working on them, I'm hoping they'll produce a more consistent, repeatable swing.

Lessons are a great thing. Wish I knew how important they are 10 years ago.

Ok MAHALLEDAY - welcome to the forum here. And thanks for communicating in a easy to understand manner.

BTW - I play golf with a group of engineers. Even THEY - make fun of their verbal skills versus their formidable mathematical ones...

So to your question. I don't know if this will help or not bc according to your original post - you are only in the market for one club (driver) not two...

I have a very high carrying driver - a TM R540. The ball gets up fast and carrys a great distance with little roll. I use this when the fairways are wide, the wind is at the back and when I want to carry a dogleg or hazard. Love the club....

I found that the perfect complement to this club is a Sonartec SS-3 14* fairway metal. Sonartec woods are known for their mid-boring flight characteristics and extremely long roll. In addition to using this club from the fairway - I use it without hesitation from the tee in the following circumstances:

1) Wind in face
    2) Narrow fairway
    3) Want a shot that for whatever circumstantial reasons - will roll a long way.

This is the longest rolling club I have ever hit. I have several carefully measured shots where I hit it almost as long as the driver. 250-265.

I notice that you indicate you are not in the US. If you are in Britain, and play under windy conditions, I heartily recommend that you give this club an evaluation as part of your bag of weapons..

hope this helps.

bravo

Nope I'm a Canuck. And yes I'm looking only for a new driver. Thanks for the adive

Nope I'm a Canuck. And yes I'm looking only for a new driver. Thanks for the adive
    OK Hey.

Where in Canada? We have some great posters here from the Land of the Maple Leaf....

Thread Information