|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Do you guys have daylight saving in Nth America?

Just watching the Ryder Cup on TV it reminds me of the pissing down shite I have played in for the past two months. Thank goodness spring/summer seems to have arrived.

We put our clocks an hour forward last weekend and it is like the weatherman has flicked the switch from winter to summer. It's light till 7.30pm right now and we've had great weather this week. I have played golf after work 4 nights out of 5. I know the UK has daylight saving as do the Aussie States of NSW and Victoria.

Do you guys do the same thing in the US /Canada where you put your clocks an hour forward between spring and autumn in order to enjoy an extra hour of daylight?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Don't forget Tassie Kiwi, we flick the switch this weekend with Vic and NSW. Got to love it, at its peak can nearly get in 9 holes every night after work if hers indoor is busy!!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Don't forget Tassie Kiwi, we flick the switch this weekend with Vic and NSW. Got to love it, at its peak can nearly get in 9 holes every night after work if hers indoor is busy!!
    9 holes???

I've been getting in 12-15 holes this week and it's only light till 7:30. By Nov-Dec I expect to easily get in 18 holes!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    9 holes???

I've been getting in 12-15 holes this week and it's only light till 7:30. By Nov-Dec I expect to easily get in 18 holes!
    LOL - So i have to knock off work earlier than 6?
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    LOL - So i have to knock off work earlier than 6?
    Yeah I must admit I have left the stress of city life and can pretty much roll out the door at 5pm and be on the tee at 5.15pm these days.

But I fondly remember the days of not POSSIBLY leaving the office prior to 6pm and definitely not before the boss himself leaves!!! Heaven forbid!!!

Also going into the office at the weekend and sending company wide emails to show everyone you were at work on the weekend was an essential career development move.

Ah I miss those days - NOT!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yes we do, Kiwi, and unfortunately ours is about to change for the worse. The days are already getting shorter, then in a week or so, our switch will be flicked and it'll be dark by 5:00. I absolutely hate it. I've always wondered what's the advantage of it getting dark that early, and why don't they just leave it at daylight saving time. I've heard that it is because it would be pitch black in the morning when the kids are catching buses to school etc. So I guess it makes sense. Of course, I say eff the children, I want to play golf after work!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

When i lived in belgium, it was far enough north that on dst in winter the sun went down about 4:30pm... But the angle was so low that we had twilite for a couple of hours... Here in texas we are closer to the equator, so in dead of winter sundown is before 6pm and twilite is only a few minutes... DST should be kicking in soon here...

I remember in winter, at high noon, my shadow in belgium was still over twenty feet long...low sun... In texas it still runs roughly overhead...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

When i lived in belgium, it was far enough north that on dst in winter the sun went down about 4:30pm... But the angle was so low that we had twilite for a couple of hours... Here in texas we are closer to the equator, so in dead of winter sundown is before 6pm and twilite is only a few minutes... DST should be kicking in soon here...

I remember in winter, at high noon, my shadow in belgium was still over twenty feet long...low sun... In texas it still runs roughly overhead...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I used to spend my winters in Barrow, Alaska...staking vampires. They seem to enjoy the short civil twilight that occurs around the winter solstice.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I live in Arizona. It is one of the very few places in the US that doesn't observe Daylight Savings. I believe it's us, Hawaii and parts of Indiana that don't bother. It's nice to not have to deal with changing all your clocks and watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz1975
    I live in Arizona. It is one of the very few places in the US that doesn't observe Daylight Savings. I believe it's us, Hawaii and parts of Indiana that don't bother. It's nice to not have to deal with changing all your clocks and watches.
    I like daylight savings time because every year I get to figure out how to change the clock in my car. It usually takes me about 45 seconds to remember and find the right buttons. That's 45 seconds out of my day that I could have been thinking about more clubs to ho'.

So does it get dark by 6:00 PM all year? That's gotta suck.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

In Virginia, the bars close at 2am. I used to look forward to that one magical night per year when closing time was extended an extra hour.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    So does it get dark by 6:00 PM all year? That's gotta suck.
    No, it doesn't get dark by 6 all year. And it doesn't suck.

No, it doesn't get dark by 6 all year. And it doesn't suck.
    It must get boring looking at cactus all day

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    It must get boring looking at cactus all day
    Palm trees, hundreds of golf courses that can be played all year round, sunshine and TONS of young ASU pu$$y to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I like daylight savings time because every year I get to figure out how to change the clock in my car. It usually takes me about 45 seconds to remember and find the right buttons. That's 45 seconds out of my day that I could have been thinking about more clubs to ho'.
    The clock in my car is easy. It's the freakin oven in the kitchen that I can never figure out. I usually set the timer and the oven comes on thinking it's roasting a chicken later in the day.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Palm trees, hundreds of golf courses that can be played all year round, sunshine and TONS of young ASU pu$$y to look at.
    Aren't the courses there pretty expensive? I wouldn't mind living in Arizona. I'll take heat over cold any day.

Yeah I must admit having daylight until about 9pm is great but I sometimes question whether it's really worth having to take the 1 or 2 minutes each year to change my watch and clocks.

Thank goodness modern computers have the AI to change over themselves. If we had to change them too I would send a bill to parliament to disband Daylight Saving altogether!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I used to spend my winters in Barrow, Alaska...staking vampires. They seem to enjoy the short civil twilight that occurs around the winter solstice.
    I liked that movie, too.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

What a bich.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Yeah, but if it gets dark at 5:00 year round, you can only play on the weekends. Yep, pretty much sucks.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Just watching the Ryder Cup on TV it reminds me of the pissing down shite I have played in for the past two months. Thank goodness spring/summer seems to have arrived.

We put our clocks an hour forward last weekend and it is like the weatherman has flicked the switch from winter to summer. It's light till 7.30pm right now and we've had great weather this week. I have played golf after work 4 nights out of 5. I know the UK has daylight saving as do the Aussie States of NSW and Victoria.

Do you guys do the same thing in the US /Canada where you put your clocks an hour forward between spring and autumn in order to enjoy an extra hour of daylight?
    I think daylight savings time is the only kind of savings anyone ever does anymore in America.

Yeah, but if it gets dark at 5:00 year round, you can only play on the weekends. Yep, pretty much sucks.
    I'm 45, I've been retired since I turned 38. So I play during the week whenever the hell I want too. Weekend golf is for suckers who still have to grind out a living. Sucks to be you.

Famousdavis: It gets more expensive in the winter months, but during the summer you can play some insanely beautiful courses for pennies on the dollar. And once you've spent a year here, you adapt to the heat. I can golf in 107° and not have a problem. I played today in 102° and it was no issue. Paid $21 and that included lunch and a cart.

I'm 45, I've been retired since I turned 38. So I play during the week whenever the hell I want too. Weekend golf is for suckers who still have to grind out a living. Sucks to be you.
    I usually play after work during the week, when it's daylight saving time. Which you don't have in AZ. I feel sorry for you. That's gotta suck. I'd balme McCain if I were you.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Don't ;they still have afterhours clubs? Back in the late eighties and early nineties, used to build watertowers around Richmond, Hopewell, Petersberg and Henrico County. Bars close just go to the afterhours club and walk out of there at nine on a sunday morning.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I usually play after work during the week, when it's daylight saving time. Which you don't have in AZ. I feel sorry for you. That's gotta suck. I'd balme McCain if I were you.
    I play golf while you're toiling away at whatever job you do that won't matter if you quit tomorrow.

Then I nap. Then take a cleansing poop.

All before you leave work.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Don't ;they still have afterhours clubs? Back in the late eighties and early nineties, used to build watertowers around Richmond, Hopewell, Petersberg and Henrico County. Bars close just go to the afterhours club and walk out of there at nine on a sunday morning.
    Depends on where you live.

I was in Seattle for many years and they do not have after hours clubs. Bars close at 2:00am by state law. They roll up the streets and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    I only remember one. It was downtown, called ODC (old dominion club) and it was a drunk and disorderly citation waiting to happen. Like you really needed to keep drinking at 4:00 AM. Good times, from what I can remember.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I only remember one. It was downtown, called ODC (old dominion club) and it was a drunk and disorderly citation waiting to happen. Like you really needed to keep drinking at 4:00 AM. Good times, from what I can remember.
    Haha...I've been there a few times. It wasn't really my scene...not being into drugs or transexuals.

Depends on where you live.

I was in Seattle for many years and they do not have after hours clubs. Bars close at 2:00am by state law. They roll up the streets and that's that.
    Vaporware? I got my EE doing sticks and bricks.
    GR lives...

Thread Information