|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Help... Any Adams Forged Irons GR out there...

OK Pro, BS, AC-DC...
    If you have played (1) Adams Idea Tech a4 forged (2) Adams Idea Pro Gold forged or (3) Adams Idea Pro forged... Please let me know what you think. I am considering one of these sets, they all have good reviews. Cobra S2 forged also has excellent reviews but I don't want to pay too much for experimenting...

Thanks guys/girls/BS/AC-DC

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    OK Pro, BS, AC-DC...
    If you have played (1) Adams Idea Tech a4 forged (2) Adams Idea Pro Gold forged or (3) Adams Idea Pro forged... Please let me know what you think. I am considering one of these sets, they all have good reviews. Cobra S2 forged also has excellent reviews but I don't want to pay too much for experimenting...

Thanks guys/girls/BS/AC-DC
    I played with Dave's Adams Idea Pro Gold irons with the True Temper Black Gold shafts and I have to say they felt great. I thought the ball flight was too high for the short irons but there is no question that it's a high quality iron that feel great and provides good distance.

However, I did not like the yellow color nor do I like the name Adams nor Idea. The good news is that you can get the Adams Idea Pro Gold set with 5-PW and then the two Pro hybrids with proline shafts for under $199. That's a pretty good deal.

I would go with the Cobra S2 Forged

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I played with Dave's Adams Idea Pro Gold irons with the True Temper Black Gold shafts and I have to say they felt great. I thought the ball flight was too high for the short irons but there is no question that it's a high quality iron that feel great and provides good distance.

However, I did not like the yellow color nor do I like the name Adams nor Idea. The good news is that you can get the Adams Idea Pro Gold set with 5-PW and then the two Pro hybrids with proline shafts for under $199. That's a pretty good deal.

I would go with the Cobra S2 Forged
    It sure is.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dave but I think Big Dave has said these are the best irons he has 'ever' played. Pretty big endorsement from an accomplished guy who has played the game so long. I would jump all over that deal.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't know anything about Adams golf clubs other than they kicked my butt the first round between Dave and I.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I don't know anything about Adams golf clubs other than they kicked my butt the first round between Dave and I.
    SBS... at least U accept the fact that Adams forged irons are better than your Muzino blades

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    SBS... at least U accept the fact that Adams forged irons are better than your Muzino blades
    Non Sequitar
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I'm in a different situation. Since I borrowed the Adams clubs from Dave and he used them as well I guess they both won and lost. If they were truly great clubs they would have resulted in me winning. Following that logic they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I'm in a different situation. Since I borrowed the Adams clubs from Dave and he used them as well I guess they both won and lost. If they were truly great clubs they would have resulted in me winning. Following that logic they suck.
    hahaha... I could tell that you are a great scientist with that fu.kking logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    It sure is.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dave but I think Big Dave has said these are the best irons he has 'ever' played. Pretty big endorsement from an accomplished guy who has played the game so long. I would jump all over that deal.
    They are indeed by far the best I've played. It is easier to get good results with these than with Pings or any other brand I"ve used. Period.

Adams Idea Pro, forged. Sadly, most sets end with the five iron and go to hybrids. My set goes all the way to three iron, and not the goofball trimetal or whatever it's called, but I have the actual four and three irons that came with the set, ordered by a pro I think, else it would have been hybrids like every other set.

I did not bag the three iron in Houston, and I think FD would have liked to hit it on at least one shot.. but the four treated him right.

The short irons are not, IMHO, too high a flight, as FD has said. I was at the range today practicing with my FG17s and the 8, 9 and wedge were going into subspace. The Adams are much more controllable and midrange in flight.

I once compared them to the R7 tp at a range, and to my surprise the Adams are actually a tad larger than the R7 tp heads. Probably helps with consistency, although they don't look big at address.

I highly recommend the Adams Idea Pro forged, even if you have to start at five iron. For the money, they simply cannot be beat in the consistency department. TT Black Gold in S, or Project X in 6.0. I absolutely LOVE these Black Golds, and I think they're not available anymore, so if you get a good crack at a set with this shaft in it, jump.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    They are indeed by far the best I've played. It is easier to get good results with these than with Pings or any other brand I"ve used. Period.

Adams Idea Pro, forged. Sadly, most sets end with the five iron and go to hybrids. My set goes all the way to three iron, and not the goofball trimetal or whatever it's called, but I have the actual four and three irons that came with the set, ordered by a pro I think, else it would have been hybrids like every other set.

I did not bag the three iron in Houston, and I think FD would have liked to hit it on at least one shot.. but the four treated him right.

The short irons are not, IMHO, too high a flight, as FD has said. I was at the range today practicing with my FG17s and the 8, 9 and wedge were going into subspace. The Adams are much more controllable and midrange in flight.

I once compared them to the R7 tp at a range, and to my surprise the Adams are actually a tad larger than the R7 tp heads. Probably helps with consistency, although they don't look big at address.

I highly recommend the Adams Idea Pro forged, even if you have to start at five iron. For the money, they simply cannot be beat in the consistency department. TT Black Gold in S, or Project X in 6.0. I absolutely LOVE these Black Golds, and I think they're not available anymore, so if you get a good crack at a set with this shaft in it, jump.
    That surprises me too. The Adams are not as common a model here but I once saw them in a pro shop and they looked very nice at address. I used to love my R7 TP's until I started playing my Mizuno MP-30/33 combo. Now the R7 TP's look very oversize to me at address and are a very long blade with a big toe area. I have always considered them quite oversize compared to other brands players cavity backs. Compared to say the Ping i5, Cleveland CG 7 Tour, Titleist AP2 and especially Mizuno MP-62 the head is much longer. I would have assumed that the Adams head would be smaller too.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

thanks a bunch guys/girl/AC-DC... Yes, I will try to get a set from eBay... either Adams Idea Pro Gold forged or Adams a4 Tech forged .... if the price is right

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins

In all honesty, I thought the Adams Idea Pro Forged were one of the best feeling irons I've tried. The shaft feels great, they have little offset and the ball flight is awesome. Great length as well. If the Titleist don't work out I may have to try a set for a few months. Also, I've seen the matching GW, LW and SW and they have very little offset and look great. Most wedges that match a set don't look good but these do. I'm not sure why Adams doesn't do better. They have a new driver out that, to me, looks great. The head is all black and it looks like a players club.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 10-01-2010 at 07:19 AM.

I have the a4 irons and like them quite a bit. They are not too bulky at address, but are very forgiving. When you hit them right they feel great and when you don't, you feel it, but still get good distance and even spin.

Thread Information