|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Obsessed with fixing the swing

Hey guys, yet another video of me. I can't figure out how to keep that right forearm perpendicular to the ground. Also, I am having a hard time lining up my shoulders as I don't know what the proper way to without feeling way out of place. But as you can see I am able to delay the release of the club a lot more! Any help would be awesome.
    Golf

Any suggestions?
    Golf

Everything looks good. Its probably time to stop playing golf swing and start trying to hit to targets. Leave the video camera at home and start working on a new preshot routine.

Stand behind your ball and pick several spots in the grass that are inline with your ball and the target (one of the spots could even be behind the ball). Try to connect the dots and really get a feel for the target line. Align your shoulders, feet, knees, hips, etc to the target line and focus on starting the ball on the target line. Once you become proficient with picking target lines, it will be easier to manage your swing and adapt to the nuances of your swing even if they change slightly from day to day. If you are missing everything to the left, you move your target line to the right of the actual target.

Remember, its difficult to adjust your swing and setup without changing your target line. Its much easier to swing and setup consistently and alter your aim by moving the desired target line.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Your tempo's pretty quick. It makes it tough to stop it at certain spots to see if your takeaway zips inside or if your arms continue at the top of your swing once the upper body's stopped.

Your back swing is quick, IMO, also, from the video clip it looks like the shaft could be more flex than you want

Yea, thats an extra stiff shaft... I have been hitting the ball pretty straight except for the occasional miss to the right. I agree with the alignment, as you could see in the video I was ligned up to the right, I definitely thought I was aimed straight.
    Golf

Yea, thats an extra stiff shaft... I have been hitting the ball pretty straight except for the occasional miss to the right. I agree with the alignment, as you could see in the video I was lined up to the right, I definitely thought I was aimed straight.
    Golf

Lol. You dont need x100s or any xtra stiff shafts in any of your clubs. s300 or s400s are just fine. Besides you pick up the club head and then you start your swing, which isnt good. Try taking the club back with your shoulders and let the wrist hinge nautrally. Or basically a one piece takeaway. Its hard to be consistent when you pick the club up away from the ball, which causes an over the top appraoch to the ball and causing the swing to be all arms and wrist with not nearly enough power to have x100s in your irons.
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

Just a question. How often can you hit the ball decently solid percentage-wise? Not perfect every time, no one can do that not even Tour pros, but solid enough?

Reason I am asking is a lot of guys can hit the ball solidly a good bit of the time and are obsessed with changing their swings when in reality all that needs to be done is develop shot consistency by not tinkering with it. Every time you change something from what is working it has just as much of a chance of screwing you up as it does helping.

The biggest problem I ever see on approach shots is people choosing the wrong club because they do not know how far they carry each iron. Come up short a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Just a question. How often can you hit the ball decently solid percentage-wise? Not perfect every time, no one can do that not even Tour pros, but solid enough?

Reason I am asking is a lot of guys can hit the ball solidly a good bit of the time and are obsessed with changing their swings when in reality all that needs to be done is develop shot consistency by not tinkering with it. Every time you change something from what is working it has just as much of a chance of screwing you up as it does helping.

The biggest problem I ever see on approach shots is people choosing the wrong club because they do not know how far they carry each iron. Come up short a lot.
    Your right Steel. The thing is you cant become consistent until you do become a solid ball striker, but the reality of golf is that the whole point is to learn how to manage your misses and score from there. But how can you learn how to manage your misses if you cant hit the ball consistently in the middle of the face or should I say solidly hit the ball with a square club face. I tell you what though, Having a very fundamentally sound GRIP is by far the only thing that should be important in golf. Having that will help create a sound golf swing, well that and getting all that BS that goes on in your head out before and after you stroke the ball. As with the wedge play , the problem is people always try to take full swings with wedges trying to max out the distance for that club. Instead of clubbing up and using a 3/4 swing and controlling the trajector or should I say controlling their golf ball more with the wedge. Just watch how the pros hit approach shots with wedges. People wanna spin the ball back but cant even get the ball past the hole on approach
    Last edited by GolfEpisode; 09-15-2010 at 12:38 PM.

You make some good points, one being about maxing out on swings. Most every good player I know rarely swings above about 85% power. They swing in balance and control. Making most hits on the center of the face is critical. People worry about the shot shape and distance and all that rot but the first thing to do is consistently hit the ball in about an old 50 cent piece circle around the center of the clubface. I also agree grip is the first fundamental to nail but even then it can be adapted and tailored to meet the requirements of your swing. Me I take a bit of a strong grip but it is what works for me. I have a friend who has a weaker grip and it works for him. But putting the hands together correctly has to be consistent.

You made a lot of good points.

Pros look like they swing 85% because they have great tempo and rhythm. To hit the distances they do though, they're hitting the s.hit out of the ball. They're swinging as hard as they can without losing balance and still maintaning solid contact.

Qtong, what do you shoot for 18 holes?

Yea, I got matched up with the x100s. The change has been great actually, I don't hook the ball anymore which is fantastic. I would say I hit it squarely about 70% of the time. Which means sweet spot not necessarily straight, which is why it's a bit frustrating. I shoot anywhere from 77 to 85 haha, so averagely... 82 is a pretty typical. However, I have been in a slump so probably closer to the 85. Everyone that has gone to go look at my swing says everything seems to be there, but for some reason I am off by something incredibly minuscule that not even my pro can figure out. Everyone says it's in my head but who knows...
    Golf

I have been only playing for two years, I'd like to get much better. I feel like I can if I could just figure the little things out and get consistent.
    Last edited by qtong; 09-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by qtong
    Yea, I got matched up with the x100s. The change has been great actually, I don't hook the ball anymore which is fantastic. I would say I hit it squarely about 70% of the time. Which means sweet spot not necessarily straight, which is why it's a bit frustrating. I shoot anywhere from 77 to 85 haha, so averagely... 82 is a pretty typical. However, I have been in a slump so probably closer to the 85. Everyone that has gone to go look at my swing says everything seems to be there, but for some reason I am off by something incredibly minuscule that not even my pro can figure out. Everyone says it's in my head but who knows...
    If Larryrsf reads this he'll suggest you take up tennis, handball, table tennis, darts, and maybe even horseshoes. With those scores you are already at or near the pinnacle of scoring for 99% of amateurs. You can't improve much on that. Get a life!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Plus most the people at my club are around 5 handicap, I'd like to get there at least.
    Golf

Lee Westwood has a similar arm look at impact. He seems to play pretty well with it.

A good drill to feel what the left arm should do through the swing is to put your right hand over your left bicep so your left arm is pinned to your side. With club in your left hand, take a few practice swings like this. It's really hard to buckle your arm like you're doing in a full swing.

Plus most the people at my club are around 5 handicap, I'd like to get there at least.
    For playing only 2 yrs and you shoot 85+/- the you are doing well and have potential... but saying most the people at my club are around 5 handicap then it is a lie... no f.ukkkinng way

I have been only playing for two years, I'd like to get much better. I feel like I can if I could just figure the little things out and get consistent.
    I like your swing and wish I was young enough to emulate it. However, I have a tendancy to get quick from the top and recently bought one of those weighted training drivers at Golf Galaxy. Around $50 incl. govt. baksheesh. It has ball bearings in the shaft for the beginners. In the past two weeks of using it irregularly, it has done several things for me. Swinging it 5-10 times--full swing at 50-75% tempo is a great muscle loosener. Better than hitting 50 range balls with irons. The big plus is that it forces me to pause at the top slightly which lets me shift weight to the left side and come down and through on plane. The ball striking change is striking. Especially with the longer clubs. Plus I have just about eliminated all the pulls I was hitting with wedges through 7 iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Lee Westwood has a similar arm look at impact. He seems to play pretty well with it.

A good drill to feel what the left arm should do through the swing is to put your right hand over your left bicep so your left arm is pinned to your side. With club in your left hand, take a few practice swings like this. It's really hard to buckle your arm like you're doing in a full swing.
    Is that the same Lee Westwood who has led umpteen majors on Sunday but has failed to close the deal? Bad example.

Well... Most people I play with at my club. Not most people at my club, I definitely didn't mean that, haha no way. But it does seem that way because I tend to not play with people who are worst than that. I'm just saying I want to get to their level, sucks having 50 60 year old guys beat me. But no, I don't want Westwoods swing, he is inconsistent and it just plain looks funky. That last thing I need right now is to have inconsistency. I am just frustrated that I make incredibly clean contact most the time and still have shots that just has a mind of its own and fly away. I am coming across it which explains a lot of it but I haven't really been able to fix it...
    Golf

"Is that the same Lee Westwood who has led umpteen majors on Sunday but has failed to close the deal? Bad example"

My example is more to show that someone who has the same impact position can still be pretty damn good. He chokes on Sunday because he's Welsh ---> European, not because of his swing.

Qtong, why is it that you think you suck so badly? Are you trying hero shots? Shooting for every flag? Maybe it's more mental/course management than anything.

"Is that the same Lee Westwood who has led umpteen majors on Sunday but has failed to close the deal? Bad example"

My example is more to show that someone who has the same impact position can still be pretty damn good. He chokes on Sunday because he's Welsh ---> European, not because of his swing.

Qtong, why is it that you think you suck so badly? Are you trying hero shots? Shooting for every flag? Maybe it's more mental/course management than anything.
    2 years? How's the short game? It can take years to learn all the shots you need to score well from around the green. Have you tracked tour rounds? Where are you losing your shots?

Lately I have been losing shots due to my iron game. I am finding myself having to scramble way too often. But because I have been forced to scramble I have a pretty solid short game and my putting is getting much better. I hit every fairway off the tee but two a couple days ago, but I still shot an 83 because I couldn't hit the greens. Its getting very frustrating because I rarely hit that many fairways (usually 60%, yes I keep track) and I still couldn't score. I am not trying hero shots, just hitting the greens.
    Golf

Alright, here is the deal;

You HAVE a swing that will get you into the high 70's or maybe a little better, quit messin with it and go play. No more range for at least a month or 3.

If you're serious about it, play at least 2 rounds per week and focus on target golf. If I were you, I wouldn't even putt en out, just pick up once your on the green and put 2 putts for every hole on youre card.
    You need to focus on iron consistency, thats it for those play days.

On the days you arent playing the course, spend a lot of time on the putting green, unless it bores you to tears, if it does, forget putting, a lot of very good players cant putt to save their own a$$' but can go tee to green easily and go into the 70's.

The desire to learn how to putt will come from necessity. When you are tired of blowing your round with a 82 because you left 3 birdey putts and 3 par putts out there, you'll motivate yourself to learn to putt, then it will be fun, but not until.

You look like a pretty intense dude too, I think you'll do fine, in fact I'd bet you will do fine....Oh, and slow the swing down. A lot.

Carry on

If you're not hitting greens, are you missing short sided? Try just aiming for center of every green and see how you play. I don't care if you have 100 yards. Aim center of green.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Blade

You HAVE a swing that will get you into the high 70's or maybe a little better, quit messin with it and go play. No more range for at least a month or 3.

If you're serious about it, play at least 2 rounds per week and focus on target golf. If I were you, I wouldn't even putt en out, just pick up once your on the green and put 2 putts for every hole on youre card.

On the days you arent playing the course, spend a lot of time on the putting green, unless it bores you to tears, if it does, forget putting, a lot of very good players cant putt to save their own a$$' but can go tee to green easily and go into the 70's.

The desire to learn how to putt will come from necessity. When you are tired of blowing your round with a 82 because you left 3 birdey putts and 3 par putts out there, you'll motivate yourself to learn to putt, then it will be fun, but not until.

You look like a pretty intense dude too, I think you'll do fine, in fact I'd bet you will do fine....Oh, and slow the swing down. A lot.

Carry on
    Well done, Blade. I agree with almost everything you said and will be using some of this advice myself. I disagree with slowing the swing down. By my guestjmation he uses a 21/7 backswing to downswing ratio and that's the same as many PGA pros. (The Tour Tempo iPhone app is what I'm basing this on)
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

first what's the miss, i think that youre changing pieces just for the sake of changing them... meaning you have a few pieces that are incorrect, but without knowing the ball-flight it would be impossible for anyone to tell you the correct pieces to change so...

1-shot shape for a good shot
    2-typical miss

"I have been hitting the ball pretty straight except for the occasional miss to the right." - A few posts of his back.

Come on PM, you're getting burnt out

"I have been hitting the ball pretty straight except for the occasional miss to the right." - A few posts of his back.

Come on PM, you're getting burnt out
    I mean startline as well though... Also unlesd I missed it what is the typical shot shape

The ball starts off straight... But my divots are coming toward me so I am cutting across on the ball just a bit, a good shot with have a baby fade which I do like. I tried to slow my swing down today and clubbed up and came up with kind of good results. I wasn't getting as much check (which is obvious), and it just plain and simple made me feel like an old man. I do think I will got back to the speed and tempo I have. The one time I went back to my swing it saved my a$$. It was a par three, I hit it about 10-15 yards past the pin and check back for a nice 4 foot birdie putt. I ended up shooting an 85 today because some of the adjustment made me very uncomfortable for my typical shots and just plain ol' burning edges on putts.

Mward, I am pin high with a pull or a dramactic fade, either way I am chipping on, its not TOO bad of a fade to be considered a slice, but very unpredictable when it'll happen.

Pingman, what pieces are incorrect? I would love to work on it.

So just for a consensus... Slow the swing down?
    Golf

I have a match tomorrow... haha I'm nervous on what to do... Slow down or stay the same...
    Golf

IM currently trying to tighten up my swing. I have a slight early release issue which causes some inaccuracy. Others make the point of working on the short game. This is very important & should make up a good deal of your practice time.

From looking at the video . It seems your backswing is faster than your through swing. Those x100s are masking your over the top quick wrist roll over action that causes the hook. Youll gain consistency by attacking the ball from the inside. Interesting that your pro doesnt have you working on an inside out swing. To help smooth out your draw.

The obvious problem from the vid is the chicken wing. I know there was the Lee Westwood comparison, but IMO he doesn't have a real chicken wing, he has more of a swing quirk whre the bent left arm at impact gets the clubhead to the proper height at impact.

You seem to have the classic chicken wing which stops you from fully releasing through impact. Do you get the feeling of really compressing the ball at imapct? I would think maybe not.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I actually do get that feeling... So how do I stop the chicken wing?
    Golf

The ball starts off straight... But my divots are coming toward me so I am cutting across on the ball just a bit, a good shot with have a baby fade which I do like. I tried to slow my swing down today and clubbed up and came up with kind of good results. I wasn't getting as much check (which is obvious), and it just plain and simple made me feel like an old man. I do think I will got back to the speed and tempo I have. The one time I went back to my swing it saved my a$$. It was a par three, I hit it about 10-15 yards past the pin and check back for a nice 4 foot birdie putt. I ended up shooting an 85 today because some of the adjustment made me very uncomfortable for my typical shots and just plain ol' burning edges on putts.

Mward, I am pin high with a pull or a dramactic fade, either way I am chipping on, its not TOO bad of a fade to be considered a slice, but very unpredictable when it'll happen.

bottom line, the left arm radius is shortening a ton (chicken wing) so, that's gotta be the first thing you fix before you even consider working on the curvature (plus it'll help the curvature out a lot) ...

hit shots with your hands only traveling to your waist, then on the downsswing straighten the arms and attempt to stop at impact keeping the clubhead behind the hands at all times... do this drill with gloves under each arm to help... i would do this for 30 min a day and then try to replicate it in a full swing (the feeling of straight arms at impact with the clubhead behind the hands)... and i would also play rounds of golf with gloves under the arm (illegal for tournament, and handicap purposes though)...

Quote Originally Posted by Da Blade

Carry on
    Blade you are a REAL classy fellow . You are very right . this guy will be fine , I myself cant stand the range . That video of mine is like 1 in a million. Just keep playing a stay away from the range and work on feel and positions in a mirror for a while. I couldnt agree more about the Putting that Blade mentioned above. It may seem boring but you realize that Putting seperates the men from the boys. People who can putt WIN .

you cant possibly think a change in your golf swing will change over night . And people wonder why they dont get better. They get lessons and say they dont work and go back to the same bad habits they had before. And to make it worst they take their practice session to the course and expect to play better right after a lesson. A slower tempo going back will allow your body to react better on the through swing , and give it time to catch up with your shoulders. Instead of high octane spin outs with casting and over the top gestures at the ball and almost sideways divots. Go Figure

Quote Originally Posted by GolfEpisode
    you cant possibly think a change in your golf swing will change over night . And people wonder why they dont get better. They get lessons and say they dont work and go back to the same bad habits they had before. And to make it worst they take their practice session to the course and expect to play better right after a lesson. A slower tempo going back will allow your body to react better on the through swing , and give it time to catch up with your shoulders. Instead of high octane spin outs with casting and over the top gestures at the ball and almost sideways divots. Go Figure
    This is an old thread. You don't know me, I am 100% positive I work harder than you do, I am not complaining about playing on the course, I am concerned about the swing as a whole. I have played 2 years, only took it seriously this year, and I am a 10 handicap which I don't think is too bad. I have been done with this thread for a while, I have been working with people to make progress in the right steps. Spare me the overnight swing fix lecture, you're preaching to the wrong guy. thanks
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    bottom line, the left arm radius is shortening a ton (chicken wing) so, that's gotta be the first thing you fix before you even consider working on the curvature (plus it'll help the curvature out a lot) ...

hit shots with your hands only traveling to your waist, then on the downsswing straighten the arms and attempt to stop at impact keeping the clubhead behind the hands at all times... do this drill with gloves under each arm to help... i would do this for 30 min a day and then try to replicate it in a full swing (the feeling of straight arms at impact with the clubhead behind the hands)... and i would also play rounds of golf with gloves under the arm (illegal for tournament, and handicap purposes though)...
    Good advice. LOTs of great golfers started by having their forearms strapped together, to get the feeling of a single lever formed by two arms. It only take a few swings to get that feeling-and then you can do it without the strap or rubber band, etc. Look at the setup advice in Hogan's book. He describes the two elbows each pointing at the hip bone and being as close together as possible--and illustrated the lower arms being bound together.

When I watch a pro tournament I see many young tour players pull the loose material under their armpits up and hold it there by pressing their upper arms against their chest. That IS legal in tournament play-- and apparently "being connected" is important enough that the best in the world do it in competition.

It is also instructive to watch Tiger and others do slow motion rehearsals before they swing, especially on the tee. They believe what my teacher says, that we cannot learn anything new while making full shots-- that our subconscious mind only learns from static poses and slow-motion rehearsals.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Good advice. LOTs of great golfers started by having their forearms strapped together, to get the feeling of a single lever formed by two arms. It only take a few swings to get that feeling-and then you can do it without the strap or rubber band, etc. Look at the setup advice in Hogan's book. He describes the two elbows each pointing at the hip bone and being as close together as possible--and illustrated the lower arms being bound together.

When I watch a pro tournament I see many young tour players pull the loose material under their armpits up and hold it there by pressing their upper arms against their chest. That IS legal in tournament play-- and apparently "being connected" is important enough that the best in the world do it in competition.

It is also instructive to watch Tiger and others do slow motion rehearsals before they swing, especially on the tee. They believe what my teacher says, that we cannot learn anything new while making full shots-- that our subconscious mind only learns from static poses and slow-motion rehearsals.

Larry
    Can you please post a video to demonstrate what you mean Larry?

Now where the f#ck am I?

This is an old thread. You don't know me, I am 100% positive I work harder than you do, I am not complaining about playing on the course, I am concerned about the swing as a whole. I have played 2 years, only took it seriously this year, and I am a 10 handicap which I don't think is too bad. I have been done with this thread for a while, I have been working with people to make progress in the right steps. Spare me the overnight swing fix lecture, you're preaching to the wrong guy. thanks
    To change your tempo and shorten your swing? Come on man that takes more than a couple lessons. You're fooling yourself if you think you've got it done in a week or two. How long did it take Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods to re-work a swing? They're certainly much better than you and it took Tiger alone almost a year and a half each time he re-did a swing to get to a point where he didn't have to think about it each and every swing and he could trust it.

Odds are if you video'ed your swing now, despite how much you think you've shortened it, you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf

Larry
    This is great stuff. There is so much for me to learn yet I know so little.

I actually do get that feeling... So how do I stop the chicken wing?
    Have you tried a duck wing ???

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I wonder if it's a kiwi wing holding my swing back?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yep . What you said , Rookie. I know its sad that you work harder than me . But Im to the point where its all Mental when it comes to scoring. Not where my elbow or how fast my tempo is.Maybe one day youll get like that if you could Listen. Until then dont attempt to show cockyness young man, your in the presence of grow folks who know how to play Golf. Not practice play golf trying to figure out what to do right with my swing rookie rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I'm a vegan so I don't care for any wings. Does that transfer to the golf swing?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Yep . What you said , Rookie. I know its sad that you work harder than me . But Im to the point where its all Mental when it comes to scoring. Not where my elbow or how fast my tempo is.Maybe one day youll get like that if you could Listen. Until then dont attempt to show cockyness young man, your in the presence of grow folks who know how to play Golf. Not practice play golf trying to figure out what to do right with my swing rookie rounds.
    Not that I'm into giving advice of how to put upstart pukes in their place on golf forums, but you did forget the customary GR "STFU newbie" finishing comment.

Well since this thread is somehow still going, here is an update to my swing.

Golf

Whoa, long trousers and jersey! Has it cooled down there in the past week?

We put our clocks forward this past weekend and it's like the weatherman flipped the switch from winter to summer. Been out golfing past two nights in nice warm sunny conditions after nothing but cold, rain and sh.it for the past two months. I guess you guys are at the opposite end of the season.

Nice swing BTW.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Still got that big chicken wing. It's restricting your release, you aren't releasing through impact. This is robbing you of distance and the ability to compress the ball.

BTW, next time you video your swing it might be an idea to have the ball in the frame. What is this, amatuer hour?

Quote Originally Posted by mr natural
    BTW, next time you video your swing it might be an idea to have the ball in the frame. What is this, amatuer hour?
    In the video, it appears our boy qtong is perhaps Asian. That would make the inept camerawork even more puzzling.

Haha yea but I had my white friend work my camera phone, thus it didn't work out too well. And yes, it is friggin cold here, gotten down to the 40s at night and on that certain day a brisk 53... Golf season is almost over for me boys .

I've been working on the chicken wing, but rather than it not allowing me to release the club its actually because I am releasing too early and flipping my wrist through to help the ball up. It's not as bad as before but its still there, but one big change is that I am keeping my right elbow tucked through longer. I've been working with pingman who has actually helped me quite a bit so right now I am working on impact with a hands more forward and keeping that left arm straight through impaxct, which should kill the wing.
    Last edited by qtong; 09-28-2010 at 06:04 AM.
    Golf

Haha yea but I had my white friend work my camera phone, thus it didn't work out too well. And yes, it is friggin cold here, gotten down to the 40s at night and on that certain day a brisk 53... Golf season is almost over for me boys .

I've been working on the chicken wing, but rather than it not allowing me to release the club its actually because I am releasing too early and flipping my wrist through to help the ball up. It's not as bad as before but its still there, but one big change is that I am keeping my right elbow tucked through longer. I've been working with pingman who has actually helped me quite a bit so right now I am working on impact with a hands more forward and keeping that left arm straight through impaxct, which should kill the wing.
    It was 109 degrees here yesterday. Son, don't spend all your time trying to work on your swing. You will someday realize that creating a perfect swing has very little to do with becoming a great golfer . Courageous timidity is what it's all about. Tons of guys out there with perfect swings who can't do jack in tournaments. Please don't wear Callaway hats...buckethead.

What's your locale Qtong? Are you working with Pingman via the Internet? Cuz I live near Pingman, and we ain't wearin' sweaters around here yet.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 09-28-2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    What's your locale Qtong? Are you working with Pingman via the Internet? Cuz I live near Pingman, and we ain't wearin' sweaters around here yet.
    yeah we've been working through PM, youtube, and cell phone... i currently have about 12 people all around the country i work with in the same manner, i actually have a few minitour players who i work with during the season like this because there hardly ever around... thats 3 of the clients and then i work with 2 people in europe like this and several others around the country... pretty simple really they upload a video to youtube i look at it call,text, or skype them and we discuss the changes that need to be made... pretty cool really

it's easy for them to take a video and send it and it's really low cost in terms of lessons... so it's perfect for my minitour players who need to keep cost down, really i invented it for them, but others started asking me about it... people i meet when i travel to events occasionally and such so i opened up that media to the general public, pretty cool and fun really...

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    It was 109 degrees here yesterday. Son, don't spend all your time trying to work on your swing. You will someday realize that creating a perfect swing has very little to do with becoming a great golfer . Courageous timidity is what it's all about. Tons of guys out there with perfect swings who can't do jack in tournaments. Please don't wear Callaway hats...buckethead.
    I'm not necessarily working on the "perfect swing" but rather an effective one. I came to realize yesterday when I shot a 76 that that would be as good as it gets until I get my flaws figured out. Since there are so many perfect swings out there but one one perfect impact position regarding to hand position and one perfect spot to release the club, that's what I have been working on. The rest of the swing is to enable me to get into those 'perfect' positions.
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Good golf and a good swing is a bit like the chicken and the egg. Personally I think learning to play good shots will result in you having a good swing, learning howto swing without focussing on the result will not build a good swing. If you concentrate on every little bit of the swing you will lose all sense of rhtyhm and become disjointed. I've noticed that when I cocnentrate on hitting a good shot and forget about the swing I invariably end up perfectly balanced over a firm left leg in a pose that I culd hold all day. But when I satrt thinking about the swing standing over the ball (especially the backswing) I know that a poor shot is coming.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 09-29-2010 at 01:36 AM.

I'm not necessarily working on the "perfect swing" but rather an effective one. I came to realize yesterday when I shot a 76 that that would be as good as it gets until I get my flaws figured out. Since there are so many perfect swings out there but one one perfect impact position regarding to hand position and one perfect spot to release the club, that's what I have been working on. The rest of the swing is to enable me to get into those 'perfect' positions.
    LMAO. Shot a 76 with that swing come on Guy. youve been playing 2 years . Go figure. I think you need to just quit whinning and play golf. There are people who wish them could shoot mid 70s and cry about it later. Ive played tournaments where a 76 won on sunday due too windy conditions or diabolical pin placements. Cocky little fella arent you. It all falls into ball striking.

LMAO. Shot a 76 with that swing come on Guy. youve been playing 2 years . Go figure. I think you need to just quit whinning and play golf. There are people who wish them could shoot mid 70s and cry about it later. Ive played tournaments where a 76 won on sunday due too windy conditions or diabolical pin placements. Cocky little fella arent you. It all falls into ball striking.
    what's wrong with wanting to get better??

I'm not sure if youre calling me a liar... But the whole story behind the 76 is up and downs. And the greens I did stick (half including par 3s) I was was far away from the pin. I was on with my wedge that day, definitely didn't have to throw it at all (well once, I got a double cause I couldnt get out of the sand). So the whole reasoning behind working on my swing is:
    a. not have to rely on chipping all round
    b. more birdie opportunities
    c. more distance and control
    d. win, I am a sore loser so I found that winning solves that problem
    So yes, I shot a 76, but no, I am not proud of that. Other than my wedge and being able to hit fairways, I was a Grade AAA Hacker.
    Last edited by qtong; 09-29-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    Golf

I don't think it was a lying accusation, but more of a, "you just got 76 after playing for 2 years. Stop complaining about how it wasn't perfect and enjoy your round."

We don't want to have any reason to associate you with Colin Montgomerie or Sergio Garcia.

I don't think it was a lying accusation, but more of a, "you just got 76 after playing for 2 years. Stop complaining about how it wasn't perfect and enjoy your round."

We don't want to have any reason to associate you with Colin Montgomerie or Sergio Garcia.
    Haha gotcha. Well, I wouldn't say I am whining, I'm and just trying to be better. Shooting 76 after two years makes me realize how good I could be if I worked at it. This is just me working at it.
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    what's wrong with wanting to get better??
    uhhhh. No Comment Ping

Thread Information