|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official 2010 Ryder Cup Thread

Alright losers, listen up. Now that the majors are over, it's time to talk about the Ryder Cup. It goes without saying that I should be leading the team again, rather than that no talent fukk-stick Pavin. Regardless, I think the USA will win and here's why...
    1.) Now that I've led the US in a recent victory in 08, we can go back to not caring about the Ryder Cup, but winning it anyway.
    2.) McDowell has already used up the important win for Europe. (They are only allowed a maximum of one per year.)
    3.) Sergio Garcia is now a 10 handicap
    4.) Monty is a pasty, bloated, rump-ranger

If any of you morons can string together a complete sentence, feel free to discuss.

Ok, ok, I can get into this. If I was on the Euro team, I would tell non-stop short jokes during the entire Ryder Cup, aimed at the 4'3" Pavin. Even though they'd probably go "over his head."

I think I'll do my part by passing as many short jokes as I can to whoever the assistant captain is. I'd send them straight to Monty but I suspect, with him having no sense of humor, it would be a waste of time.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Ok, ok, I can get into this. If I was on the Euro team, I would tell non-stop short jokes during the entire Ryder Cup, aimed at the 4'3" Pavin. Even though they'd probably go "over his head."

I think I'll do my part by passing as many short jokes as I can to whoever the assistant captain is. I'd send them straight to Monty but I suspect, with him having no sense of humor, it would be a waste of time.
    Zo, you should have at least 1 of the meatball bros. on the European side. Of course, god only knows who Monty is going to pick. My theory is that he is going to pick people who fit the following criteria...
    1.) Don't play regularly on the PGA Tour. Monty could never win there, and he feels his own accomplishments should be held in higher regard. Classic small penis syndrome.
    2.) Don't personally hate Monty. Pretty much everyone who played with him 10 years ago hates his guts.
    3.) Are from GB&I. No real reason, just a theory.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to Wales for the Ryder Cup. My father in law was born there and all his family is still there. He brought up a trip to Wales a year or so ago, and it's only a matter of time before I'm going to go. On one hand, I'd get to go probably one day one of the Ryder Cup. On the other hand, I'd have to spend the rest of the week with crooked toothed semi-relatives who I don't know.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Only two more majors to go, if you follow professional golf. Montgomerie's Ryder Cup record is exemplary. He's never lost a final day singles match. He will have better players more motivated and home field advantage. Look for Boo Weekly to make the Brit tabloids with a comment like "I thought bangers & mash referred to precocius 15 year olds and Wild Turkey."

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Zo, you should have at least 1 of the meatball bros. on the European side. Of course, god only knows who Monty is going to pick. My theory is that he is going to pick people who fit the following criteria...
    1.) Don't play regularly on the PGA Tour. Monty could never win there, and he feels his own accomplishments should be held in higher regard. Classic small penis syndrome.
    2.) Don't personally hate Monty. Pretty much everyone who played with him 10 years ago hates his guts.
    3.) Are from GB&I. No real reason, just a theory.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to Wales for the Ryder Cup. My father in law was born there and all his family is still there. He brought up a trip to Wales a year or so ago, and it's only a matter of time before I'm going to go. On one hand, I'd get to go probably one day one of the Ryder Cup. On the other hand, I'd have to spend the rest of the week with crooked toothed semi-relatives who I don't know.
    You should absolutely go. The Ryder Cup here is, like most things TV promotes, manufactured. There's nothing artificial about the Ryder Cup in the UK. We don't have much in the way of fascism or dictators these days, it's so much harder to experience autonomic, emotionally charged, mob insanity. To be part of something like that would be truly special. I'll give some thought to going.

You'd come away wondering how people survive on the food and how they can chew it with those teeth. Yes, those are the kinds of life experiences guys like us should be seeking out.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Only two more majors to go, if you follow professional golf.
    Yeah, OK. If you want to consider a tourney played on a British goat track where 60 year old men can contend a "major", knock yourself out. And the PGA? Like anyone wants to see an event where the local pro from Jerk-water country club can enter. A glorified scramble is all that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Zinger
    Yeah, OK. If you want to consider a tourney played on a British goat track where 60 year old men can contend a "major", knock yourself out. And the PGA? Like anyone wants to see an event where the local pro from Jerk-water country club can enter. A glorified scramble is all that is.
    You're right, we're about to witness two consecutive anti-climaxes. The only thing we have to look forward to is the Ryder Cup. It certainly won't lack drama.

The Americans should play well. Pavin is likely to have them at the peak of their short games.
    GR lives...

You're right, we're about to witness two consecutive anti-climaxes. The only thing we have to look forward to is the Ryder Cup. It certainly won't lack drama.

The Americans should play well. Pavin is likely to have them at the peak of their short games.
    If the British Open and the PGA Championship are "anti-climatic" then I am about to experience a bad case of blue balls after that POS boring-arsed US Open we just had . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Amazing that Zinger would trash the major he won.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    If the British Open and the PGA Championship are "anti-climatic" then I am about to experience a bad case of blue balls after that POS boring-arsed US Open we just had . . . . .
    Face it, we've been screwed this year. Actually, the PGA can be a great spectator tournament.

And I admire Cap'n Zinger for having an opinion that isn't self serving.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Amazing that Zinger would trash the major he won.
    That's right, I did win that one. I had forgotten. Shows how much it meant to me. I have the Wanamaker in my garage, I keep my fishing lures in it. Hey, I had cancer, you DICK! I would have won them all 5 times otherwise.

I have always believed that the British Open is the toughest major to win. Not for strength of field or test of golf or any other subjective criteria. Just because you've got to deal with British "food", crappy accomodations, cold weather in July, lucky bounces, etc. The R&A should just pick a winner out of a hat and skip the pretense of a golf tournament.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I have always believed that the British Open is the toughest major to win. Not for strength of field or test of golf or any other subjective criteria. Just because you've got to deal with British "food", crappy accomodations, cold weather in July, lucky bounces, etc. The R&A should just pick a winner out of a hat and skip the pretense of a golf tournament.
    The British Open has always been my favorite. Nasty weather, hard and fast fairways. Funky hay rough. Picture postcard settings. A plethora of unorthodox shots like 283 yard 7 irons and 159 yard 4 irons and 125 foot putts. The best player on Sunday always wins. The announcers usually include some Brits and the American Asshats are typically excluded. And, best of all, weekend TV coverage is early on the east coast so I don't have to waste my weekend afternoons.

"Hey, I had cancer, you DICK! I would have won them all 5 times otherwise."

It was in your shoulder. A real man would have had it amputated and then go out and play golf and win the PGA.

Totally agree with all of that, but I have to give St. Andrews props.

The true greatness of a golf course can only be measured by the quality of the champions they produce...this follows what I was saying in the other thread.

In the last 40 years, the BO at St. Andrews has only had 5 different winners:
    Jack Nicklaus twice
    Tiger Woods twice
    John Daly
    Seve Ballesteros
    Nick Faldo

Having a Ben Curtis, Stewart Cink, or Todd Hamilton win can only stain the tradition of the course.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I think that the extremely penal major set-ups don't necessarily make for good golf. They say that it's a true test of golf skill, but it's really a true test of golf accuracy. I personally think that recovery is a large part of golf skill. When recovery isn't an option, the one guy who is "on" accuracy-wise is your winner.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Some good news for Pavin. He doesn't have to carry Lucas Glover along. Now he just has to find away to get rid of Jeff Overton. Adios, kids. I'm off to Wikipedia to find out who the phuck Jeff Overton is.
    USA! USA! USA! USA!
    Last edited by Cap'n Zinger; 08-15-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Zinger
    Some good news for Pavin. He doesn't have to carry Lucas Glover along. Now he just has to find away to get rid of Jeff Overton. Adios, kids. I'm off to Wikipedia to find out who the phuck Jeff Overton is.
    USA! USA! USA! USA!
    I vaguely recall a player on the Senior Tour named Jay Overton. Could Jeff be his son? Aren't too many Overtons about. If I were Pavin, I'd load the team with the longest bombers on the US tour he can. I'd go for the entertainment factor and pick Robert Garrigus and John Daly and pair them up in the alternate shot format matches. Never can remember if that's called Ball Four or Four Skins or wtf. Anyway, Garrigus can sh*t his pants at the crucial time in the match and Daly can power through a pack of Marlboros per nine and they're sure to irritate their European opponents to sure defeat.

I vaguely recall a player on the Senior Tour named Jay Overton. Could Jeff be his son? Aren't too many Overtons about. If I were Pavin, I'd load the team with the longest bombers on the US tour he can. I'd go for the entertainment factor and pick Robert Garrigus and John Daly and pair them up in the alternate shot format matches. Never can remember if that's called Ball Four or Four Skins or wtf. Anyway, Garrigus can sh*t his pants at the crucial time in the match and Daly can power through a pack of Marlboros per nine and they're sure to irritate their European opponents to sure defeat.
    This tactic might work if they start guffawing out loud as they get to the Euro's ball and ask each other "What iron did he hit again?"
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I think that the extremely penal major set-ups don't necessarily make for good golf. They say that it's a true test of golf skill, but it's really a true test of golf accuracy. I personally think that recovery is a large part of golf skill. When recovery isn't an option, the one guy who is "on" accuracy-wise is your winner.
    This is very true. Just look at the last hole in the playoff today with Bubba down the cliff then clipping the flagstick on the recovery. How much of that was skill, how much was luck?... They could have just as well flipped a quarter instead of bothering with the 3 playoff holes.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

This is a good point, and another reason why the Open championship is the truest test of golf each year. Links style golf allows the shotmaker to recover form the occassional wayward drive without huge penalty. Seve got his 'carpark' champion nickname as a backhanded compliment from the more accurate Irwin, who whined becaue he believed majors are only about finding the fairway, which is what you would expect from a US Open champion. With the exception of Phil this year, the Masters has also become more about accuracy than shotmaking. Phil's bold play and great shot making was a breath of fresh air, but I don't expect to see the winner there playinglike that any time soon.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

So, if you were a the USA captain would you use one of your picks on Tiger? Even if he's not playing well there's going to be huge pressure to put him on the team for ratings alone.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    So, if you were a the USA captain would you use one of your picks on Tiger? Even if he's not playing well there's going to be huge pressure to put him on the team for ratings alone.
    TIger will play and get owned by some non-descript gay Euro who doesn't f.uck everything that moves or act like a 3 year old when he's golfing.

The Euros won half the majors this year, the Americans only one and the European team is incredibly deep. It's beginning to look as though the Ryder Cup will be a one-sided slaughter. In my mind's eye, I can already see Monty strutting around as the victorious captain, making everyone sick to their stomach in the process.
    GR lives...

TIger will play and get owned by some non-descript gay Euro who doesn't f.uck everything that moves or act like a 3 year old when he's golfing.

The Euros won half the majors this year, the Americans only one and the European team is incredibly deep. It's beginning to look as though the Ryder Cup will be a one-sided slaughter. In my mind's eye, I can already see Monty strutting around as the victorious captain, making everyone sick to their stomach in the process.
    Agree, but would you pick him knowing he'll fold like a cheap suit and most likely lose all of his matches?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Agree, but would you pick him knowing he'll fold like a cheap suit and most likely lose all of his matches?
    Yes, I would. If anyone deserves to become the Posterboy for this pending debacle, Tiger does. The main man goes down with the ship, he doesn't abandon the others when things go dire.

The fact he obviously wants out further lessens my opinion of him, if that's possible.
    GR lives...

Loz

You are forgetting the Monty factor. The man is a c unt and despised by some of the Euro team (Poltroon for one).

I think the USA will win because Monty is another Faldo

Shite i might even support the Yanks this year

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Loz

You are forgetting the Monty factor. The man is a c unt and despised by some of the Euro team (Poltroon for one).

I think the USA will win because Monty is another Faldo

Shite i might even support the Yanks this year

Edgey
    Edgey, I just got ahold of Monty's welcome message to his Ryder Cup team and I'm afraid you might be right. Here are some excerpts.

Hello gents, It's Monty! Before I get too deeply into things, I'd like to remind you of my personal philosophy: "It's about the food." - Me.

I've heard rumors about you guys having t-shirts printed up that read: "Show us your tits!" I think that's a bad idea.

Also, some are questioning my credentials. In fact someone with the initials RM was overheard asking: "How can an overweight choker with female hormones captain the best Euro golfers in a high pressure event? He has the emotional make-up of a teen-age girl." Rory, I disagree, I'm more like a girl in her early twenties having a difficult period."

I'll see you tomorrow night when I'll walk you through all of my Ryder Cup wins shot by shot. Don't forget, it's BYOB. I spent all the booze money on my hormone therapy.

Monty
    GR lives...

Edgey, I just got ahold of Monty's welcome message to his Ryder Cup team and I'm afraid you might be right. Here are some excerpts.

Hello gents, It's Monty! Before I get too deeply into things, I'd like to remind you of my personal philosophy: "It's about the food." - Me.

I've heard rumors about you guys having t-shirts printed up that read: "Show us your tits!" I think that's a bad idea.

Also, some are questioning my credentials. In fact someone with the initials RM was overheard asking: "How can an overweight choker with female hormones captain the best Euro golfers in a high pressure event? He has the emotional make-up of a teen-age girl." Rory, I disagree, I'm more like a girl in her early twenties having a difficult period."

I'll see you tomorrow night when I'll walk you through all of my Ryder Cup wins shot by shot. Don't forget, it's BYOB. I spent all the booze money on my hormone therapy.

Monty
    Were f ucked
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I knew Tiger didn't exactly have impeccable taste when he chose to play Nike golf clubs but I saw a show the other night where they interviewed that porn actress Joslyn James that he was banging for a period of about 12-18 months and she was hideous.

My opinion of him sunk even lower than it already was.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I knew Tiger didn't exactly have impeccable taste when he chose to play Nike golf clubs but I saw a show the other night where they interviewed that porn actress Joslyn James that he was banging for a period of about 12-18 months and she was hideous.

My opinion of him sunk even lower than it already was.

Joslyn James looks like she spends 12 hours a day working an Interstate HIghway rest stop and the other 12 in her trailer.
    GR lives...

Thumbs up

Looks like the European team are going to be showing themselves next week in their new italian designed Canali suits.

I got to know about it through supplying the trophies for the promotion. Hope to get some good photos of the pro's looking their best before their win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for all your club and corporate awards

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Golf Trophies
    Looks like the European team are going to be showing themselves next week in their new italian designed Canali suits.

I got to know about it through supplying the trophies for the promotion. Hope to get some good photos of the pro's looking their best before their win.

That is so freaking awesome!!!!!

I have to pinch myself. Things cannot be going this good for the Italians!!!

Pay close attention American K-Mart shoppers.

Thanks, SGT, great first post.
    GR lives...

That is so freaking awesome!!!!!

I have to pinch myself. Things cannot be going this good for the Italians!!!

Pay close attention American K-Mart shoppers.

Thanks, SGT, great first post.
    I think he means the canole suits which come with bibs for the sloppy munchers. Abandonza!!

USA! USA! USA! usa. usa. us...Who am I kidding? No one cares. Damn you, Pavin! Damn you straight to hell!!!

Come on Zinger! Get your head in the game! The US is counting on you. When is the Ryder Cup? This week?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

For those like myself who unfortunately will not be able to attend the event but will have to take it in on the viddy screen, the coverage here in the Colony will likely be by commercial TV network which means lots of commercials due to the nature of match play. Four guys hit tee shots, seven minutes of commercials. Four guys hit their approaches, seven minutes of commercials. Etc. Ad nauseum. Wish we got BBC. At least its held in a timezone so that NFL Sunday won't be intruded on unless the TV Retards telecast tape delays.

For those like myself who unfortunately will not be able to attend the event but will have to take it in on the viddy screen, the coverage here in the Colony will likely be by commercial TV network which means lots of commercials due to the nature of match play. Four guys hit tee shots, seven minutes of commercials. Four guys hit their approaches, seven minutes of commercials. Etc. Ad nauseum. Wish we got BBC. At least its held in a timezone so that NFL Sunday won't be intruded on unless the TV Retards telecast tape delays.
    Dont think you Yanks would like the cost of the BBC ($200 pa tax).

You have to pay this regardless of whether you ever watch the BBC

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Dont think you Yanks would like the cost of the BBC ($200 pa tax).

You have to pay this regardless of whether you ever watch the BBC

Edgey
    You had my befuddled with that nugget so I had to do a little research and, damn, the approx. $200 US is for a bloody licence to received signals on a freaking television set. That is quite daft. Of course the Government has compassion on segments of population that are legally blind. Those foks get a 50% discount which I assume is for the audio portion. The deaf, dumb and blind kid should be able to own his for free. In the US, we can legally buy firearms with no licence required that we can use to shoot our TV's for which we pay neither taxes nor licence fees to receive merde programming.

You had my befuddled with that nugget so I had to do a little research and, damn, the approx. $200 US is for a bloody licence to received signals on a freaking television set. That is quite daft. Of course the Government has compassion on segments of population that are legally blind. Those foks get a 50% discount which I assume is for the audio portion. The deaf, dumb and blind kid should be able to own his for free. In the US, we can legally buy firearms with no licence required that we can use to shoot our TV's for which we pay neither taxes nor licence fees to receive merde programming.
    We once had a TV Licence tax like that in NZ but it was disbanded about 10 or 15 years ago. I remember when I went flatting I received a bill for a period when I didn't even own my first TV yet. So I took pleasure in sending it back and telling them where to stick their tax.

Typical Brits sticking with antiquated, outdated laws!

Now where the f#ck am I?

We once had a TV Licence tax like that in NZ but it was disbanded about 10 or 15 years ago. I remember when I went flatting I received a bill for a period when I didn't even own my first TV yet. So I took pleasure in sending it back and telling them where to stick their tax.

Typical Brits sticking with antiquated, outdated laws!
    They do have an antiquated, outdated royal family to support, Kiwi.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I like the Ryder Cup but I don't understand the way the American team's wives act nor do I understand the way the crowd acts. We act as if it's about American pride or something. It's just a golf match. It's fun to watch and I understand the players getting all worked up but it's really stupid to show up as a member of the crowd all decked out in your Amercian flag gear. Makes us look like a bunch of idiots.

They do have an antiquated, outdated royal family to support, Kiwi.
    I read the other day that the Queen has dipped into some government fund or other to pay for heat in the big house they occupy and that caused quite a stir. Perhaps they will be forced to burn their own dried feces and that of their animals if the funds are cut off. (And since Prince Charles seems to be veering towards islam, I wouldn't shake his left hand if he proffers it.)

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I like the Ryder Cup but I don't understand the way the American team's wives act nor do I understand the way the crowd acts. We act as if it's about American pride or something. It's just a golf match. It's fun to watch and I understand the players getting all worked up but it's really stupid to show up as a member of the crowd all decked out in your Amercian flag gear. Makes us look like a bunch of idiots.
    Trying to prove American superiority is what it's ALL about. Let's face it. It's a lot cheaper than going to war.
    It's only when after all the carry on you lose that you look like a buch of idiots.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Trying to prove American superiority is what it's ALL about. Let's face it. It's a lot cheaper than going to war.
    It's only when after all the carry on you lose that you look like a buch of idiots.
    Agreed. I think the stupidest things I saw last time were Boo Weekley doing the horse riding thing and the whole Aquaman gig. Did anyone really think it was funny when he put on the swim goggles?

The most embarrassing moment ever was the Justin Leonard putt back in 2000. That was beyond bad etiquette.

Agree with you FD. I think although Boo can definately play the IQ points are rather low on the chart.
    As for the infamous American team/Leonard celebration, I think a lesson was learned by one and all then that still tempers proceedings today. No one wants to appear a bad sport during the international game of gentlemen.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Agree with you FD. I think although Boo can definately play the IQ points are rather low on the chart.
    As for the infamous American team/Leonard celebration, I think a lesson was learned by one and all then that still tempers proceedings today. No one wants to appear a bad sport during the international game of gentlemen.
    The chew spit dribbling down Boo's lip doesn't help either. I'm just glad I don't have to watch Davis Love on the Ryder Cup any longer.

Agreed. I think the stupidest things I saw last time were Boo Weekley doing the horse riding thing and the whole Aquaman gig. Did anyone really think it was funny when he put on the swim goggles?

The most embarrassing moment ever was the Justin Leonard putt back in 2000. That was beyond bad etiquette.
    The aquaman thing was Woody Austin at, I believe, the president's cup. And Boo riding the bull was fantastic. I think the US captains should just pick a cast of characters and screw the points. Can you imagine a team with Boo, Woody Austin, and The Hoff? Actually those are the only three golfers that aren't boring as hell. Nevermind.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Boo's happy gilmore rodeo ride of hs driver was awesome, but that's only because I'm not American. I can understand your aversion.

The Leonard putt was beyond embarrassing, it was down right bad sportsmanship bordering on cheating. Leonard should have conceeded the putt and gone on to the next hole, instead of joining in trampling all over Jose Maria's line. If it were Sergio up against Leonard I would have understood, in fact if it were Sergio I would have liked to have seen a few fist pumps in his face from the whole team, but Jose Maria is a class act and deserved respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Boo's happy gilmore rodeo ride of hs driver was awesome, but that's only because I'm not American. I can understand your aversion.

The Leonard putt was beyond embarrassing, it was down right bad sportsmanship bordering on cheating. Leonard should have conceeded the putt and gone on to the next hole, instead of joining in trampling all over Jose Maria's line. If it were Sergio up against Leonard I would have understood, in fact if it were Sergio I would have liked to have seen a few fist pumps in his face from the whole team, but Jose Maria is a class act and deserved respect.
    Sour grapes. Jose Maria handled it with class, but there were several Euros whining. Such a b!tchmove to be a sore loser. Certain Euro's attempted to deflect their massive choke job by turning the attention elsewhere.
    That last day was awesome, and not just because I'm an American. The US golfers in their ridiculous shirts were dropping bombs all over the place and whipping the crowd into a beer-fueled frenzy of hatred. Tom Lehman and his uncoordinated jumping fist pumps always makes me laugh. It was absolute chaos, a total adversarial final day. Thanks to the Euro-whining, everyone agreed to keep it civil in future RC's. That's no fun.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Whining about whining belongs in the Irony Thread. Reliving past "success" on the eve of humiliation belongs in the Bitterness Thread.

Taking the high road here, in contrast to some, best of luck to all and may the way, way better team thump the visitors.
    GR lives...

Whining about whining belongs in the Irony Thread. Reliving past "success" on the eve of humiliation belongs in the Bitterness Thread.

Taking the high road here, in contrast to some, best of luck to all and may the way, way better team thump the visitors.
    I too think the visitors are going to get whumped. At least they could augment their white belts with finely tailored leisure suits and show the home folks how we dress for success in the Etats Unis.

Sour grapes. Jose Maria handled it with class, but there were several Euros whining. Such a b!tchmove to be a sore loser. Certain Euro's attempted to deflect their massive choke job by turning the attention elsewhere.
    That last day was awesome, and not just because I'm an American. The US golfers in their ridiculous shirts were dropping bombs all over the place and whipping the crowd into a beer-fueled frenzy of hatred. Tom Lehman and his uncoordinated jumping fist pumps always makes me laugh. It was absolute chaos, a total adversarial final day. Thanks to the Euro-whining, everyone agreed to keep it civil in future RC's. That's no fun.
    Have to agree on this one. I think the more adversarial the better, especially when you consider that golf is a totally non adversarial sport. It's great to transform a friendly game into a matter of life and death.

I jus got home and it seems the Ryder Cup is on free to air tv over here. With football grand finals in three codes and now this, it looks like I'll be spending a bit of time in fornt of the tv this weekend.

Not surpirsingly it's raining in the UK.

I jus got home and it seems the Ryder Cup is on free to air tv over here. With football grand finals in three codes and now this, it looks like I'll be spending a bit of time in fornt of the tv this weekend.
    Yeah I'm watching it too. Doesn't it look like shite in that weather! Reminds me of the winter golf I have just suffered!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah I'm watching it too. Doesn't it look like shite in that weather! Reminds me of the winter golf I have just suffered!
    I must say I am impressed with the atmosphere so far. There have been fist pumps and high fives by both sides, and a huge roar when Phil missed a short one to give the Euros a hole. The undoubted highlight of the cup so far, and one that will be very hard to top, wa the introduction of the players and wives. They went through all the players, introducing them then their wives or significant others, all with with mood music in the background, then got to "Tiger Woods.......". Absolute gold. I have no doubt the footage will go viral before the end of today.

So far Corey Pavin and his wife are turning out to be a terrible pick. The wife picks designs the clothes. The captain picks the rain suits and bags. While the rain suits looked kinda cool, they're looking like the 60 dollar rain suits you can get at golf outlet stores. I don't understand why they don't tell the players' equipment/clothing company "here are the colors/patterns they need to have, make them for your player. Give them golf bags and clothes with no logos other than the Ryder Cup logo and maybe an American flag"

Phucking boring Corey Pavin. This is what happens when you have a captain who lays up on risk/reward holes.

So far Corey Pavin and his wife are turning out to be a terrible pick. The wife picks designs the clothes. The captain picks the rain suits and bags. While the rain suits looked kinda cool, they're looking like the 60 dollar rain suits you can get at golf outlet stores. I don't understand why they don't tell the players' equipment/clothing company "here are the colors/patterns they need to have, make them for your player. Give them golf bags and clothes with no logos other than the Ryder Cup logo and maybe an American flag"

Phucking boring Corey Pavin. This is what happens when you have a captain who lays up on risk/reward holes.
    I love how you've tried to connect clothing choices with style of play. Classic retard GR move.

On the contrary, this just shows further lack of thought and planning on his part. Tried to play it safe with some POS Sun Mountain cheap a.ss rainsuit and it's drenched after one hole of play.

What other captain would make that retarded of a move? Probably some captain from Arizona..

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz1975
    I love how you've tried to connect clothing choices with style of play. Classic retard GR move.
    Having grown up in Rome, I'd take it even further than that. Clothes make the man. They tell you all about a dude, his ancestry, sexual prowess, etc. Taste is everything. If you have reason to be proud, how you dress says that. And chicks dig nice clothes.

The American team clothing says: "attention K-Mart golf fans, we're about to lose big." Zinger picked nice clothes last time and look what happened.
    GR lives...

if you have the chance to play in kodiak alaska your rain gear is on 85% of the time plus we used to where those cotton rain gloves to grip the clubs

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOC
    if you have the chance to play in kodiak alaska your rain gear is on 85% of the time plus we used to where those cotton rain gloves to grip the clubs
    Kodiak, Alaska is on my list of places I've never golfed but might someday, right behind Viet Nam but before Nigeria.
    GR lives...

Having grown up in Rome, I'd take it even further than that. Clothes make the man. They tell you all about a dude, his ancestry, sexual prowess, etc. Taste is everything. If you have reason to be proud, how you dress says that. And chicks dig nice clothes.

The American team clothing says: "attention K-Mart golf fans, we're about to lose big." Zinger picked nice clothes last time and look what happened.
    Which is why we don't allow you shallow guineas on the US team.

On the contrary, this just shows further lack of thought and planning on his part. Tried to play it safe with some POS Sun Mountain cheap a.ss rainsuit and it's drenched after one hole of play.

What other captain would make that retarded of a move? Probably some captain from Arizona..
    Careful. You're stretching so far that you're bound to pull something.

But you're right. HE CHOSE BAD RAIN GEAR! WE SHOULD KILL HIM!!! HE'S WORSE THAN HITLER OMGWTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Careful. You're stretching so far that you're bound to pull something.

But you're right. HE CHOSE BAD RAIN GEAR! WE SHOULD KILL HIM!!! HE'S WORSE THAN HITLER OMGWTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm surprised they're not all wearing penguin shirts. Remember those?

I'm surprised they're not all wearing penguin shirts. Remember those?
    Worst have to be those bizzare shirts that they wore at Brookline.

Worst have to be those bizzare shirts that they wore at Brookline.
    Agreed. This year's shirts with the stripes are kind of lame. Davis Love would have liked those.

Kodiak, Alaska is on my list of places I've never golfed but might someday, right behind Viet Nam but before Nigeria.
    What about Kabul? I hear they have wicked sand traps there.

Now where the f#ck am I?

What about Kabul? I hear they have wicked sand traps there.
    Excellent point. I'd imagine the courses there are havens for bombers.
    GR lives...

Which is why we don't allow you shallow guineas on the US team.
    You're overlooking general hatred and disrespect.
    GR lives...

OK, so Corey Pavin has more than a year to prepare for the 2010 Ryder Cup. I'm sure he spends a huge amount of time deciding on colors, patterns and design for the clothing and I'm sure the budget is close to unlimited.

So, with all of that said, how could he have picked rainsuits that are ugly and don't shed water? You can almost tell by looking at those rainsuits that they wouldn't shed water. They have that baggy look to them. I just read an article that said the American players were complaining about their rainsuits very early after it started raining because the suits were soaking up the water. Assistants had to go to the merchandise tents and purchase waterproof suits in a tan color for all of the American players. The kicker is that these rainsuits all had the European emblem on them.

There's nothing worse than wearing a rainsuit that is soaking up water. Pretty soon you start shivering and you can't swing. It seems impossible to have made such a stupid mistake when they know about the weather in Europe.

I personally think that the US team should be wearing the Stars and Stripes leather jackets that Vanilla Ice made famous in his epic big screen masterpiece "Cool as Ice".
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I personally think that the US team should be wearing the Stars and Stripes leather jackets that Vanilla Ice made famous in his epic big screen masterpiece "Cool as Ice".
    All right STOP, callaberate and listen, Ice is back on a brand new mission. Somethin, graps a hold of me titley, throw like a harpoon daily and nightly...

All from memory. Yeah baby!

OK, so Corey Pavin has more than a year to prepare for the 2010 Ryder Cup. I'm sure he spends a huge amount of time deciding on colors, patterns and design for the clothing and I'm sure the budget is close to unlimited.

So, with all of that said, how could he have picked rainsuits that are ugly and don't shed water? You can almost tell by looking at those rainsuits that they wouldn't shed water. They have that baggy look to them. I just read an article that said the American players were complaining about their rainsuits very early after it started raining because the suits were soaking up the water. Assistants had to go to the merchandise tents and purchase waterproof suits in a tan color for all of the American players. The kicker is that these rainsuits all had the European emblem on them.

There's nothing worse than wearing a rainsuit that is soaking up water. Pretty soon you start shivering and you can't swing. It seems impossible to have made such a stupid mistake when they know about the weather in Europe.
    I dare you to go up to your wife and tell her her choice in clothing sucks.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

The living Quaters provided by the R&A after further reflection and viewing of the US Ryder Cup Team's clothing choices. God those sweaters look like a Wal Mart special....bleh!

I think you guys are giving Corey too much credit for freedom of expression here. Pavin iwas chosen as 'captain' because he's a cowering lickspittle (as demonstrated by his gutless laying up on par 5s over the years) who can be easily manipulated. He's a puppet doing the bidding of is PGA Tour masters. They tell him to jump, and he asks "how high?" Tiger being a 'captains pick' was a desperate move from Finchem to boost interest and future TV deals, there is o way Pavin wnated him in the team.

P.S. I've seen better looking rain jackets on No Shuz.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 10-01-2010 at 07:31 PM.

The meatball bros last putt on 18 kind of reminded me of the Italian navy. Not a good attempt
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

The lavender cardigan sweaters the US team is wearing look like they belong on the critters indigenous to Spank's home town that he posts from time to time. They must have been chosen by one of the US team's boyfriends.

Lmao.........................
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

The lavender cardigan sweaters the US team is wearing look like they belong on the critters indigenous to Spank's home town that he posts from time to time. They must have been chosen by one of the US team's boyfriends.
    I like them.

Then again, I'm confident in my heterosexuality, which seems to not be the norm on here.

Cardigans ?? Can they really be serious?? This provides at least a partial explanation as to why they're getting smacked around rich now like Ben Roethlessberger's girlfriend.
    GR lives...

I like them.

Then again, I'm confident in my heterosexuality, which seems to not be the norm on here.
    It's not about confidence in your sexuality it's about good taste. Those things look appalling, as well as gay.

Now where the f#ck am I?

It's not about confidence in your sexuality it's about good taste. Those things look appalling, as well as gay.
    You couldn't be more wrong if you were Mayor McWrong of Wrongville.

LOL - I must visit there sometime.

Now where the f#ck am I?

But unfortunately for you, Mayor McWrong of Wrongville is obviously a cheeseburger-eater (American), making him not only wrong and tasteless but also your American poster-boy.
    GR lives...

I actually thought the colour looked pretty god too. Not sure about the cardigans, but lavender is ok. I have a lavender polo which I wear regularly.

I actually thought the colour looked pretty god too. Not sure about the cardigans, but lavender is ok. I have a lavender polo which I wear regularly.

Lavender is a hybrid equivalent. A lavender cardigan is like a cavity back hybrid.
    GR lives...

Then again, I'm confident in my heterosexuality
    How come everyone says this when trying to justify something totally gay? Do you say that after you blow a guy?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

How come everyone says this when trying to justify something totally gay? Do you say that after you blow a guy?
    Don't try and deflect now. You're the one getting all catty about lavender sweaters and such.
    Last edited by Yaz1975; 10-02-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Cardigans ?? Can they really be serious?? This provides at least a partial explanation as to why they're getting smacked around rich now like Ben Roethlessberger's girlfriend.
    Cardigans. Including short-sleeve models which really scream "rainbow bumpersticker". And the red chest logo, from afar, reminds me of the Rolling Stones tongue logo that was on the cover of I forget which on of their records--maybe "Sticky Fingers". Anyway, during today's coverage, one of the announcers said that Mrs. Pavin picked those out. Said she was going for the "retro" look. What? The 1929 Fire Island Country Club Annual Dick-Out Better Ball? And I thought I heard Johnny Miller snort sort of under his breath "If I was captain, they'd be wearing red every day. I works for Tiger." Gotta love Miller for calling a spade a spade. And, uh, Big Ben's "girlfriends" in question appear to have been short-timers. Men's room acquaintences, if you will. Got to admit that his team is 3-0 without him and should be 4-0 after they whump the Ravens tomorrow. Who'd of thought? Can you imagine any Steeler wearing one of those lavender blouses in his next NFL celebrity pro-am? Maybe Mrs. Pavin chose those so that all those really big US team mates wouldn't look so superior to her shrimp of a husband in comparison. Part of the short guy syndrome?

Cardigans. Including short-sleeve models which really scream "rainbow bumpersticker". And the red chest logo, from afar, reminds me of the Rolling Stones tongue logo that was on the cover of I forget which on of their records--maybe "Sticky Fingers". Anyway, during today's coverage, one of the announcers said that Mrs. Pavin picked those out. Said she was going for the "retro" look. What? The 1929 Fire Island Country Club Annual Dick-Out Better Ball? And I thought I heard Johnny Miller snort sort of under his breath "If I was captain, they'd be wearing red every day. I works for Tiger." Gotta love Miller for calling a spade a spade. And, uh, Big Ben's "girlfriends" in question appear to have been short-timers. Men's room acquaintences, if you will. Got to admit that his team is 3-0 without him and should be 4-0 after they whump the Ravens tomorrow. Who'd of thought? Can you imagine any Steeler wearing one of those lavender blouses in his next NFL celebrity pro-am? Maybe Mrs. Pavin chose those so that all those really big US team mates wouldn't look so superior to her shrimp of a husband in comparison. Part of the short guy syndrome?
    Agreed. The terms "Ben's girlfriends" and "Ben's previously unacquainted rape victims" are interchangeable.
    GR lives...

Lavender is a hybrid equivalent. A lavender cardigan is like a cavity back hybrid.
    I would say that any coloured cardigan is the equipment equivalent of a senior flex graphite shafted cavity back hybrid with offset and a head cover. But I still say lavender is a cool colour if you are man enough to carry it off (I've seen Jake wearing lavender polos in those Body by Jake infomercials). Pavin, Fowler, Phil and co defiitely don't fit into that category though, what was Mrs Pavin thinking?

I think you guys are giving Corey too much credit for freedom of expression here. Pavin iwas chosen as 'captain' because he's a cowering lickspittle (as demonstrated by his gutless laying up on par 5s over the years) who can be easily manipulated. He's a puppet doing the bidding of is PGA Tour masters. They tell him to jump, and he asks "how high?" Tiger being a 'captains pick' was a desperate move from Finchem to boost interest and future TV deals, there is o way Pavin wnated him in the team.

P.S. I've seen better looking rain jackets on No Shuz.
    Just watching a reply of Tiger hacking up the course. If Pavin was forced to include him it was a stupid decision and a capitulation by Pavin.
    Tiger is playing like a total chopper. It could cost the USA and chance they had of winning.

Just watching a reply of Tiger hacking up the course. If Pavin was forced to include him it was a stupid decision and a capitulation by Pavin.
    Tiger is playing like a total chopper. It could cost the USA and chance they had of winning.
    I love the way the commentators, well at least the American ones, are still kissing Tigers ass. I was watching that 18th hole par 5 where all the other guys sensibly laid up except for Tiger. Oh no, the great Tiger was going to hit the green in two of course. The British commentators were skeptical and questioning the wisdom of the shot given the conditions and trying to explain that other players hadn't gone for the green. The ass kissing American sycophant said something to the effect of : "Yeah but those guys aren't Tiger"

Tiger then proceeded to pull his 5 wood into the crowd. Then after a long delay getting spectators out of the way flubbed his lob wedge about 20 feet before finally chipping onto the green and leaving himself a long putt just to try and save par.

Agree he is playing like a weekend chopper.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The USA is going to go into singles matches with a 4 point deficit. I predict half the singles matches will end before the 14th hole and the Euros will clinch without the USA winning another point beyond the 6 they already have.

Moobs' putter appears to make a little circle every time he strokes one under five feet long.. he takes it back inside and delivers it from outside.. HD tv has done wonders for viewer analysis of golfers... his little circle-jerk is now a predictable miss.. when I see it I know the putt is not going in..
    Last edited by daveperkins; 10-03-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I have no problem with Tiger being there (he is doubling TV ratings as always) and he is certainly not the only US player that is looking like a weekend chopper. Mickelson and Fowler put a on a good show of crisscrossing greens similar to what I saw on my course yesterday.

My big problem of the day was Overton. You hole an eagle, great, you have every right to celebrate. But crossing the line from celebrating into being a total meat head? You want to talk smack, fine. Then win your freakin match Overton (which you didn't). Boom baby, Jeff, you lost. You useless tool...
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    I have no problem with Tiger being there (he is doubling TV ratings as always) and he is certainly not the only US player that is looking like a weekend chopper. Mickelson and Fowler put a on a good show of crisscrossing greens similar to what I saw on my course yesterday.

My big problem of the day was Overton. You hole an eagle, great, you have every right to celebrate. But crossing the line from celebrating into being a total meat head? You want to talk smack, fine. Then win your freakin match Overton (which you didn't). Boom baby, Jeff, you lost. You useless tool...
    Overton, when he loses, gets the same red face he gets when he does something good.. he is a stroke case waiting to happen.. his body overreacts to all emotion, whether shame or jubilation.. I'm surprised there's been no blood squirting from his eyes...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Well, an entertaining second round during which the Euros took a giant step towards fulfilling their destiny. The Americans did a fabulous job earning their 1/2 point, fighting hard every step of the way. Sure, 1/2 point may not seem like much compared to the 5-1/2 Euro points but the score doesn't tell the whole story. I mean, yes, getting 1/11th as many points as your opponents doesn't sound great, in fact it might seem completely pathetic, but I thought the American lads showed exemplary sportsmanship as they were turned into Eurob.itches.

The American team is clearly handicapped by their Johnsons being unable to perform as the Euros roethlessburger them.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by CPS

I'm all for fist pumps and getting in your opponents faces, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't make you look like a childish idiot, and needs to be timed to have maximum effect. Overton looked ridiculous with his over the top an contrived looking celebration, which made them only one down halfway through their match. And poor old Bubba gave the most wooden and ingenuine acting performance since Tiger fronted the press about his 'indicretions' in trying to support his team mate by being as pumped as him. They should have saved all that whoop arse in reserve for when they needed it down the stretch, when they were schooled by a 46 year old spic with a beer gut and a pony tail.

I'm all for fist pumps and getting in your opponents faces, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't make you look like a childish idiot, and needs to be timed to have maximum effect. Overton looked ridiculous with his over the top an contrived looking celebration, which made them only one down halfway through their match. And poor old Bubba gave the most wooden and ingenuine acting performance since Tiger fronted the press about his 'indicretions' in trying to support his team mate by being as pumped as him. They should have saved all that whoop arse in reserve for when they needed it down the stretch, when they were schooled by a 46 year old spic with a beer gut and a pony tail.
    Jimenez can hit some pretty solid long irons. This seems to be a dying art on this side of the pond. Even Sergio can still hit long irons. Hybrids for utility situations are fine, but you won't win anything till you learn to stick a 4-iron (like that old pear-shaped baffoon did today).
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Mike Angel is not a spic. Spics are from Puerto Rico. He is from Spain.Forget who he is paired with in tomorrow's singles but it would be cool if his caddy would carry a goatskin full of rioja and Mike Angel would freqently hit on it whilst smoking one of his big Cubans. Will probably win 4&3 or something like that. I think the best and most effective celebration after a great shot/holed putt is the Poulter Stare.

Thread Information